C.H.A.V.S

Antrune

We get something similar to that over here, allthough there isn't really a specific dress code except that most of them wear army boots. Luckily, during the summer they all migrate north to campings on the island of Terschelling, where they spend their vacations drinking away the money they earned with their minimum-wage job at the local supermarket.

We don't have chavs here, we have neds. Pretty much the same thing... fake burberry cap, popped collar, chib, bottle of buckfast etc. etc. :wink:

sig2ho7.jpg

We don't have chavs here, we have neds. Pretty much the same thing... fake burberry cap, popped collar, chib, bottle of buckfast etc. etc. :wink:

Chib = something they threaten to hit you with. (Funnily enough, can often be a bottle of Buckfast.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I know, but it just shows sterotyping. Also I'd rather have bad teeth then the amount of obese people in your country.

Oh the hypocracy! Oh well.

Anyway, yeah, we don't really have those kind of people here. There's people who wear name brand clothes and polos, but don't really cause a lot of trouble like those chavs seem to.

Actually I said "the amount" I didn't say that every american was obese did I? Stop trying read read what you wanna read?

Actually I said "the amount" I didn't say that every american was obese did I? Stop trying read read what you wanna read?

And I never said every englishmen had bad teeth. It was just a joke that wasn't supposed to be taken offensively or personally, nor in bad taste. Lighten up a bit would you? And I'll stop trying to read read what I wanna read.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

In the UK the majority of people despise a certain race known as 'Chavs'. Chav stands for 'Council House And Violent' (well thats what ive heard anyway). They tend to wear sports clothing eg. Nike, adidas, Puma etc., gold chunky cheap jewellery *sp?* and hang around in big groups in shopping centres. How many of you have encountered them? Wherever ive been Luton and Newcastle are the worst for them. Do you think they are un-fairly treated and its a form of social out casting or do you think they deserve the un-fair portrayal of their life and actions?

Why is everyone acting like it's a new thing? They used to be known as chavs, then it died down. Now it's back and everyone thinks it's 'cool' to bash chavs just because it's now popular. It's things like this thread that's causing friction between the two social classes.

People dont 'bash' chavs because they think its cool, they bash them cause their sick of them...

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

Eww. Eww. Eww.

If there's anything that annoys me in life, its a bunch of white guys dressing gangster, and thinking they're better than everyone else. Excuse the racism, but that's just how I see it. I mean, speaking from where I live and grew up, the usual "gangsters" are black, go in small groups, but they don't bother with annoying people. They go about their own business. Up until recently, nothing was a problem. Now you have these rude little white boys (again, excuse the racism) running around, thinking they're all cool because they have an expensive shirt on, and know how to swear really loudly for no apparent reason.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to live with these so called Chavs. They are truely the scum of the earth, or at least close to it. You don't bother me, I don't bother you. Thats how I see it. Sadly this world is no longer about intelligence. At least not for us teens. Its kinda hard growing up when if you don't like someone, theres not a thing you can do about it. They travel in groups, act like morons, and if you say something about it, they either gang beat you, or if its 1 v 1, they'll just get a gun. What [bleep]ing [wagon]. Thanks tip it, for your great censor.

Bmw

signaturecj5.jpg

Eww. Eww. Eww.

If there's anything that annoys me in life, its a bunch of white guys dressing gangster, and thinking they're better than everyone else. Excuse the racism, but that's just how I see it. I mean, speaking from where I live and grew up, the usual "gangsters" are black, go in small groups, but they don't bother with annoying people. They go about their own business. Up until recently, nothing was a problem. Now you have these rude little white boys (again, excuse the racism) running around, thinking they're all cool because they have an expensive shirt on, and know how to swear really loudly for no apparent reason.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to live with these so called Chavs. They are truely the scum of the earth, or at least close to it. You don't bother me, I don't bother you. Thats how I see it. Sadly this world is no longer about intelligence. At least not for us teens. Its kinda hard growing up when if you don't like someone, theres not a thing you can do about it. They travel in groups, act like morons, and if you say something about it, they either gang beat you, or if its 1 v 1, they'll just get a gun. What * *. Thanks tip it, for your great censor.

Bmw

:o I hate when I see "fake thugs" whether they are white or black. They always seem to be flipping things around and yelling incoherently like "**** ****** POSER BLAH BLAH **** SON WIGGA ****" and it makes me want to shove a plunger up their [wagon] :wink:

I was walking around some neighborhood with a group of my friends and this group of black and white "gangsters" comes up to us and tells us "you got any cash?" and being the dumbutt I am :roll: I asked "Are you mugging us?" and they just respond "No, G :? " So after my friends start talking to these "thugs" they just say "Nah, we wan'ed to make a call on the payphone."

Long story short, we got to walk away and these "rough and tough gangsters" turned out to be quite nice :o

How does a profession differ from an occupation?

^^ How did you know they were gangsters? By the way they dressed? I can understand that, but I mean...you can't judge someone based on that. Me and my friends wear big clothes, but we wouldn't rob anyone, and actually all have quite high grade averages. What I was trying to say was that I don't like it when people dress "gangster" just to be "cool". They prob dont even like some of the clothes they wear, but they just try to be cool. And on top of that, these "Chavs" are described as being quite cocky and arrogant too. What a sickening combination.

Btw, funny how you asked if they were gonna mug you. You made an assumption based on the way they looked (perhaps), and it was completely wrong! Check out that anti stereotypes post right below this one :wink: I have a pretty similar subject that I talk about there, so I won't bother to repeat.

signaturecj5.jpg

In Canada, I think they're called wiggers(white person trying to dress/act like a black person)

Maybe you have a different defination of the word, but im sure its the same.

Nah, Chavs aren't the same as wiggers, or at least I don't think they are. It seems like everyone is saying that Chavs are a bunch of soccer fans who dress rich and sporty, rather than rich and gangster. I guess Chavs wear those ugly adidias plastic sweat suits? :lol:

signaturecj5.jpg

In Canada, I think they're called wiggers(white person trying to dress/act like a black person)

Maybe you have a different defination of the word, but im sure its the same.

Nah, Chavs aren't the same as wiggers, or at least I don't think they are. It seems like everyone is saying that Chavs are a bunch of soccer fans who dress rich and sporty, rather than rich and gangster. I guess Chavs wear those ugly adidias plastic sweat suits? :lol:

Yeah chavs or neds, aren't the same as your "wiggers". We have them here too, although not as many as we have neds.

I also wouldn't say they dress rich. The expensive stuff is usually fake (the fake burberry caps).

Also yeah the only people that usually wear shell suits(thats what I think you mean by "ugly adidias plastic sweat suits") out are neds :P

sig2ho7.jpg

Lol yeah! Shell suits! I couldn't remember what they were called, as hard as I tried. Everything I thought was right on, except for the fake stuff part. Lmao. Now that has just turned from annoying to pathetic. Fake burberry.Lmao. :lol:

signaturecj5.jpg

The only funny thing about a ned is the way they dress. I mean cmon, who actually thinks that tucking your trousers into your socks is cool?

Its the epiphany of cool :D

picture003.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Btw, funny how you asked if they were gonna mug you. You made an assumption based on the way they looked (perhaps), and it was completely wrong! Check out that anti stereotypes post right below this one :wink: I have a pretty similar subject that I talk about there, so I won't bother to repeat.
If a group of young kids randomly walked up to me and asked if I had any money I would have thought they were up to something no matter what they looked like.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

The only funny thing about a ned is the way they dress. I mean cmon, who actually thinks that tucking your trousers into your socks is cool?

rofl yeh I agree. 3 'gangstas' came and sat up on one of the skatepark ramps, everyone at the skatepark started cracking up :lol:

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

I do "Ch-av" but I do it with a double "V" so it sounds more smooth. shadey.gif

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

So, whats the pronunciation of 'chav'?

Is it lame ole 'ch-av'?

Or mucho awesome 'sh-av'

:lol:

Yep ch-av, like "chat"

sig2ho7.jpg

yeh its 'ch-av'. 'sh-av' seems to formal and french for the likes of a chav