*NEW* Player Behavior Rants (No Naming Names)

tripsis

I hate it when you show an act of kindness and someone tries to take advantage. I was hanging out with my f2p mate for a bit in a f2p world while he mined (and to remind him of the ways to things - he hasn't played in years) and someone came over and asked very politely for a bronze pickaxe, so he could mine and superheat for money. I thought this was a reasonable request so I quickly logged to a member's world, made one, came back to the f2p world and gave it to him for free (20gp is nothing lol). He then said that was nice, I of course said np, I don't mind helping people if they ask nicely haha. He then begged for a set of rune -_-

Why do I bother?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just people who don't speak with proper grammar towards towards you, people who don't punctuate their questions and things like that.

if someone says 'were is taverly cave' - i'm not gonna make the effort.. they should learn to type correctly first.

don't get me wrong, i ain't a big grammar nazi, but i have standards as to who i'm nice to.

I made a 135+ F37 Dungeon. I keyed well, and i gave out commands. 1) Someone make altar 2) Who's making food (someone started fishing a spot) and 2) Someone make armour.

These were 3 orders to 4 players while i keyed. When all was done and armour was left, a player with Hood, Primal platebody and platelegs started saying. "Dude you don't need armour. You can do it without". He had prima plate and leg and i had nothing.

That's true, but with armour it's much safer. Plus armour can be easily made by someone else while i key, so i don't see problem. I decide this guy would be a nagging noob, so i asked him to key TWICE and told him to ggs.

He didn't accept, instead he went off opening doors and ignored my offer for him to key.

He ended up quitting because he's a level 100+ Dungeoneerer! He's BETTER than me, so he quits. I wanted to explain to the remaining 3 who's ingame with me the situation. And i did, and at same time i was effective, i did Gurdian doors.

I was told to shut up? Why? I was doing Guardian doors and could type at same time. I was very cooperative and did good keying that Dungeon. And i am Dungeon level 91.

To make story short:

It's easy to make high demands when your dungeon level 100+. The skill Dungeoneering is great. What makes it crap is bad apples who think they are better than you, and thus come with demands, just because they are Dung 100+ and with 3 binds.

Where as your KEYING (a big responsibility), and you got two binds, and even offer the arrogant 100+ Dung player to key, but he rage quits.

• 2 months later...

One thing that makes me really ticked off is when u try to atalk to someone and they just act like ur not there,

my train of thought is if u want to talk to me hay i am open for some speech, and when ur doing something like chopping or fishing a good convesation always helps the time pass

there are time when i will just jump worlds just to find peeps who talk

idk maybe i am just a friendly person who enjoys company of others

shoot me if its wrong :shame:

William_Sr.png

One thing that makes me really ticked off is when u try to atalk to someone and they just act like ur not there,

my train of thought is if u want to talk to me hay i am open for some speech, and when ur doing something like chopping or fishing a good convesation always helps the time pass

there are time when i will just jump worlds just to find peeps who talk

idk maybe i am just a friendly person who enjoys company of others

shoot me if its wrong :shame:

You seriously expect other players to talk to you? Ever considered that their public chat might be off? Or, more likely, they're AFKing and can't keep up a conversation?

PM me for fitocracy invite

Well, the only real thing I hate about players are those that cause a lot of problems by being just generally annoying. I know this happens in any age group or demographic in the RS population, but it becomes more rampant in the new player population unfortunately. (Which is why Lumbridge on a populated world isn't a good place to be. :( )

j0xPu5R.png

I can't stand players who don't understand the concept of "report and move on." It's one thing to report someone, you don't have to stand there and go "lol reported." If someone is firing off insults every which way, telling them you reported them just incites them further, it doesn't make them go "oh man, I just had an epiphany. I'll be a good player now, thank you."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I can't stand players who don't understand the concept of "report and move on." It's one thing to report someone, you don't have to stand there and go "lol reported." If someone is firing off insults every which way, telling them you reported them just incites them further, it doesn't make them go "oh man, I just had an epiphany. I'll be a good player now, thank you."

I sometimes do this just to make them nervous. You can tell it works when they start yelling at you saying stuff like stfu idgaf if I get banned lol noobs etc. Only if they've been a douche though.

PM me for fitocracy invite

I sometimes do this just to make them nervous. You can tell it works when they start yelling at you saying stuff like stfu idgaf if I get banned lol noobs etc. Only if they've been a douche though.

I suppose it has its place. The reporter becomes even more irritating than the person they reported when they themselves start spamming "everyone report ___ for breaking rule #" and "reported enjoy your ban noob"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png