*NEW* Player Behavior Rants (No Naming Names)

tripsis

- People who think PKing and combat is the ONLY part of the game that matters

- Illiterate people (with English as first language) who try to make themselve's look smarter by adding apostrophe's to the end of every single plural (non-native English speakers can be forgiven)

- People who sacrifice humour/warmth/friendliness in their attitude for over-maturity and epically correct English (these people often actually have poor grammar)

- People who are too busy clicking monsters/NPCs to talk (even when I say hi :( )

- People who don't say "lol"

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- People who think PKing and combat is the ONLY part of the game that matters

I agree. It's equally annoying when people think that skilling the only thing that matters and that anyone with a decent level is a "cb noob" :thumbdown:

- Illiterate people (with English as first language) who try to make themselve's look smarter by adding apostrophe's to the end of every single plural (non-native English speakers can be forgiven)

Yeah, that annoys me too. I'm not overly forgiving of non-native speakers though... Especially on forums, where you have time to write correctly.

- People who sacrifice humour/warmth/friendliness in their attitude for over-maturity and epically correct English (these people often actually have poor grammar)

Those who dislike their English being corrected are probably being over-sensitive... It's the internet lol... Not the best place to look for warmth or friendliness.

- People who are too busy clicking monsters/NPCs to talk (even when I say hi :( )

This is something I'm guilty of. If someone simply types "hi", I see no reason to respond. Unless someone has somethign interesting to say, or a valid question to ask, I tend to ignore them. It's not that I'm too busy, it's that I'm sick of children on here acting like complete idiots.

- People who don't say "lol"

"Lol" is overused. I use it occasionally but have a strange sort of respect for those who don't ever feel the need to say it. "Lol" is simply overused.

i hate noobs who think they're " all that" because they can afford all gs's, d claws, santa, etc. so what if i have a life? ur really just showing off that u don't. im talking about the person who doesnt sleep for a week to get 60 mining, then sleep a full day, order the WHOLE Pizza Hut, then play again the next day, only stopping for drinks and tying a bottle to ur ankle, not the ones who play maybe 3 hours a day in ur free time.

-People that automatically assume all high levels no-lifed for their hard-earned equipment and skills.

-People that can't spell

Wait a second...

Exactly what I would've said.

Maybe not the same way, but close enough.

*Notices "Ranger" is spelled incorrectly in second posters name.*

I hate noobs who think they're good at being sarcastic, when they aren't. I never assumed ALL high levels are no lifers.

im talking about the person who doesnt sleep for a week to get 60 mining, then sleep a full day, order the WHOLE Pizza Hut, then play again the next day, only stopping for drinks and tying a bottle to ur ankle, not the ones who play maybe 3 hours a day in ur free time.

And, fine, I was using "i" and "ur". Stop being a nubcake.

Paragon.png

i hate noobs who think they're " all that" because they can afford all gs's, d claws, santa, etc. so what if i have a life? ur really just showing off that u don't. im talking about the person who doesnt sleep for a week to get 60 mining, then sleep a full day, order the WHOLE Pizza Hut, then play again the next day, only stopping for drinks and tying a bottle to ur ankle, not the ones who play maybe 3 hours a day in ur free time.

-People that automatically assume all high levels no-lifed for their hard-earned equipment and skills.

-People that can't spell

Wait a second...

I hate noobs who think they're good at being sarcastic, when they aren't. I never assumed ALL high levels are no lifers.

im talking about the person who doesnt sleep for a week to get 60 mining, then sleep a full day, order the WHOLE Pizza Hut, then play again the next day, only stopping for drinks and tying a bottle to ur ankle, not the ones who play maybe 3 hours a day in ur free time.

-People that can't spell

-People that use the "words" "i", "ur", and "nubcake" and are even proud of it.

Wait a second...

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

-People that can't spell

Wait a second...

-People that can't spell

-People that use the "words" "i", "ur", and "nubcake" and are even proud of it.

Wait a second...

-Trolls who don't read a post.

Wait a second...

Paragon.png

What really pi***s me of are the kids who act cool on the internet but like pu***es in real life.

May I remind you that this game's target audience is 13-16 year olds. So I wouldn't be surprised if I see a stupid kid.

ppl (little kids) who actually say "im better than you" probably get picked on at school.

Next time you see a stupid kid, remind them that this is a GAME.

It annoys me when people put down another's achievement in the "Rate this" boards. But then giving out a higher rating and overuses a ton of " <3: s" and "ilu's" for a friend's similar achievement.

Not saying it happens all the time (or only at tipit), but.... whenever i see it, it just saddens me.

Staurolite.png

I hate players in Duel arena that accept a duel. Then later they mark out the items your using as in saying "You can't use them".

There is a [bleep]en reason i use the items, why the hell would i take it off...

There is a certain group of players that drive me nuts. They only happen in Fist of Guthix, at least, for me. What happens is, I'll get matched up with a mid level player who decides they want to train magic in Fist of Guthix. More power to them. I want charges to win. So, if they come after me, and I realize they have a higher combat level and magic level, what is the reasonable thing to do? Would you stand there and let them kill you? Or would you avoid them?

I choose to avoid them, usually, and it gets me branded as many things. A noob, a moron, and other things involving our friend the asterisk. They'll define me as an asterisk etc noob runner. Often.

Sometimes they won't even stop there. They'll meet me in the lobby, after I usually win or they forfeit, and insist that I am a noob, over and over again. Just today, someone took it further. They wanted to duel me to prove they were better. It was a friendly, no food match. I clicked attack and just watched the screen. I won, even though he had a higher combat level, only seven levels more than mine, which he lorded over me and claimed he was superior.

That's what drives me nuts.

Twibb.png

People who grammar flame are sad +1 get it all the time because I choose not to examine my sentence for an hour to see if it is Acceptable

*Points at Rangeor*

That was five months ago, what's your problem? :?

wl7w9j.png

No one speaks!

God, i'm getting so fed up with this. Why does no one speak anymore? Not just the 130+ ones, but at all levels...

At the moment i'm catching some fish at the fishing guild (saving for SS), (counted) 23 people are here... But none of them says a word! What's everyone doing? Watching a movie... Busy in clan chat... or what?

And if the odd moment occurs when someone says a word, it's always about RS... Never about anything else... God it's so boring.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

There I am, duoing TD's when someone else comes to our spot. He starts killing another demon there, and of course he also lures two other demons there just so they can throw their long-range attacks on us. Of course, on his first kill, he gets a claw drop and goes all insane on us. Yeah, congratulations to you. He teleports away.

Then, a few moments later he comes back just to tell us that he sold his claws for 32M. He knew we are there so he could have switched the world, but he just wanted to come and rub it in before switching. Thanks for reminding me how I haven't received even a single armour shard in 5 months.

[bleep] you. -.-

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I'm new to the forums, but I thought I'd mention some things.

I think, mainly, spot stealers. Sometimes, when I'm hunting or doing a slayer task and have been there for a while, someone will hop or something and proceed to either try to take the spots my traps are in, or kill the monsters I'm already attacking (like today at Fire Giants, even though there are plenty for two people... :|). I hop instantly whenever someone is there first, I don't see why other people can't... :wall:

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

First off, I've only been playing runescape 3 months, i'm a cb level 62 with 65 ranged so yeah, i am quite a "noob". But one thing I really hate is when I'm in clan wars with my friedns and level 100+'s chase after me just to kill me.....i mean whats the point? In fairness its not like there trying to prove something by killing someone 40 levels below them and i don't see the point in it.

fardy0.png

I'm chinning, and this happened twice. Someone else comes to the exact same spot I am, and starts throwing chins. Of course I ask them to "please hop". They refuse... like what's the point? The XP isn't nearly as good with two people. I guess they are too stubborn to realize they are literally throwing money away.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

• 1 month later...