*NEW* Player Behavior Rants (No Naming Names)

tripsis

what really annoys me is when higher-level players, like 95+, rag on high-mid level players...

like i'm finishing off a green dragon slayer task from vannaka (which takes ages because green dragons are overpopular) and i've got 6 out of the 53 left to kill...

i've been there ten minutes on my own, not harming anyone, when two high level players (one was 91 and the other was 95) showed themselves as children... their conversation went something like this:

idiot1: her you let a noob in our spot

idiot2: no i didn't

idiot2: hey level 79 noob, go away

idiot1: noob

idiot1: why don't you world hop... go now

me: huh? i was here first... and quit talking to adults, children

idiot1: this is our spot

idiot2: i'm 12 levels above you

me: and i bet my total level's twice yours

*i check high scores quickly and find out that i'm almost right*

idiot2: i bet you only have 500k in your bank

idiot2: noob

idiot1: we're better than you noob

*they then start to talk about stupid stuff between them and i teleport out because i've finished my task*

what was up with this? what's wrong with these stupid 13 year old children who get their members' accounts because their parents pay, and rag on those who are better than them overall... and that's not even starting to talk about real life...

i've met one nice high level player (101) who said sorry for taking my kills but that wasn't her intention, she needed limpwurt roots, and was it ok if we shared (hill giants, i was there for the drops too) and i was gobsmacked! a high level player who was being considerate? i spoke to her for a while and later came to the conclusion that she was an adult like me.. or she couldn't have been so nice.

i work with kids... can't we have an age filter on runescape whereby i don't have to hear [developmentally delayed] cr*pwits under the age of 18? :roll:

i'd never quit runescape because of the kids there, but this was created as a game for adults, and there should be an iq test... if you pass, you get the chatbox, if you fail, you get quickchat. i think that's more than idiots deserve anyway.

wow that's a long rant...

I totally agree, I am medium level and it drives me nuts when I am at the rockcrabs for example skilling combat and some (lower level) kid comes along and just takes over the crab trying to take the xp.

Then when I politely ask them to go away, they just abuse you and tell you to hop. Why the cabbage should I? I had been there for a couple of hours before he turned up and was quietly working away on my levels.

I end up hopping because I can't be bothered arguing.

Those are days when I wish I could just kill them and take all their stuff (non pvp).

witchylucy.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GWD team crashers (and Pjer) are disgusting, to callously disregard other people like that is a sad & pathetic display.

I mean at GWD, the team who already has the room can only stay so long anyway, if you are really too lazy to hop, why not wait a few or ask to join? It's not that difficult, and less trouble than trying to compete for kills. To make it worse, spouting insults as you barge in, I suppose in some vain attempt to prove your "coolness", just makes you look like more of a loser (as does failing to get any drops because you underestimated the team you crashed). Basically the same goes for spot stealers in general, you will be better off trying finding your own spawn somewhere else, why be a jerk? If someone else was there 1st, find your own spot (like they did).

Pjer's are the dregs of society, no two ways around it. They are the cheaters, the scammers, the liars, disloyal , and untrustworthy. They are the best candidates for the infamous "mom's basement no-life troll" character they often accuse everyone else of being.

It is possible to play this game and not be rude, you would probably get a lot father in it (and life), if you smartened up and figured that out.

-also guys who flirt with random girls on RS are ftl

Kayezz.png

Nevermind.

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

A super restore pot (4) could easily cover the cost in prayer points in blessing a grave. I was just trying to be nice to my fellow players.

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

I get annoyed by many things in runescape:

Firstly, i'm not trying to generalise but most higher leveled players (110+) seem to think that they rule the game and should get preferential treatment from other lower leveled players. Like, oh my god there's a 130 coming, Don't kill that monster, let the high leveler have it. I have found over the years that the lower leveled players tend to be the nicer players who actually realise it's a game where you are supposed to interact with other players.

Secondly, I get annoyed when people lie about their stats, I am quite a trustworthy person so if someone tells me they have 80 odd range i'll believe them and say "wow, nice". Then i'll realise that they are hitting quite low, so I decide to look them up. Ooh, 53 range or whatever. I don't care what levels you have, most of mine are really low, there's no point in lying to make yourself sound better.

Following on from this, I also hate when someone asks me my range level and i'll tell them, 88. "Say it using quickchat, I don't believe you!". Why would I lie!? Do I have something to prove to you, no.

Finally, going back to player's with high levels. I always find that they call me a noob. Yes, i'm only 90 combat blah blah and my stats are lower, but i've been playing for at least 5 years! Fair enough, I spend a lot of time walking round doing nothing and just trying out new things without power leveling, but I am certainly not a noob and shouldn't be called it by someone jsut because they are higher than me.

I_Thur_I.png

Pures in general, for me. While there are some pures who are really quite nice, the whole 1 defence "I'm too cool to use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar, to show any sort of respect, or to stop stealing your spot." attitude really raises my heckles. The idea that the economy can be in any way driven by PKers in general I find abhorrent. Rant over.

runescapess162607v.jpg

Dragon drops: Half shield(cs), med helm(cs) Chainbody (cs) (I do a lot of monster hunting with my clan!

Barrows: Guthan's plateboy [1]

GWD: None yet, only done a few trips

Others: I'd love to be able to let you know.

GentleAura.png

I can't stand players - people in general, actually - who can't type or spell. Typos are fine, everyone makes them, but ppl hu fink dey hav 2 type lyk dis 2 b kwl piss me off no end.

And also people who attack me when I'm training a skill like woodcutting in a secluded area in PVP. Seriously, I'm clearly only carrying a rune axe and 28 willows max, what's the point?

Oh, and people who say "well I've got that on my main" - IF YOUR MAIN'S THAT GOOD YOU'D BE ON IT! :wall:

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I can't stand players - people in general, actually - who can't type or spell. Typos are fine, everyone makes them, but ppl hu fink dey hav 2 type lyk dis 2 b kwl piss me off no end.
Ugh, I hate them. Just a while ago on a different site, we were making up reasons to report each other. "repot fro beeing elevne." Also known as "report[ed] for being eleven."
Paragon.png

I get rather annoyed with people who just want to argue over updates. {sarcasm}Seriously, how DARE Jagex change THEIR game! -.- {/sarcasm}

It also bothers me when people decide that since you're an idiot in their mind, you're just wrong about everything. I once knew a guy whom I told that the Duel Arena (not the tournaments....) was one-on-one, and he wouldn't believe me just because my brother was a jerk to him.

Oh, and the people in GoP who laugh at you when you lose. As if I didn't already know I had lost, you just have to go and make it worse for everybody. Congratulations, you just made 5 or so more people dislike you! :wall:

Rant over.

a70c7.png

all i will say is this....... dont get me started on my rants as you dont have the space on the forums for the amount i have :wall:

I get annoyed at people who make worthless and pointless posts that make me scroll down that little bit extra.

Yes I've had a bad day \'

Yes I am taking it out on you \'

Back on topic... I also hate it when people refuse to use proper grammar to "appear" cool. I don't get why they have to have a different language when on the computer. In some cases, it's not even much quicker than typing out the whole word.

Some people :roll:

LiChef

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

ok, today was my first time in a bounty hunter world. i arrived in edgeville, read the two books you get and pretty quickly got assigned a target. i followed the yellow arrow, pretty excited because i hadn't killed a player since before the anti-rwt updates. i don't know what to expect, so i'm 1-iteming with a rune scimmy. i did also have a prayer pot, an anti poison pot and a couple tuna potatoes. so i was well prepared to die or win, either way i was curious.

my target was a similar level to me but was dressed in good armour. when i battled him down to around 1/3rd health, with the help of prayer and food, he goes "mind not killing me?". i told him it was my first time and i wanted to kill something, so the idiot ran off like a wimp and i trudged back to edgeville, looking for something else to kill.

i see two 122(ish) levels fighting. one kills the other and the dying one says "gf sir :)" as he dies.

what happened to honour in runescape in the mid levels? it seems like only the highest levels want a challenge, and accept death if it comes. i wouldn't have minded if my opponant had killed me at all; i would have considered it a fun challenge. i wouldn't have ran off with my tail between my legs.

ok, today was my first time in a bounty hunter world. i arrived in edgeville, read the two books you get and pretty quickly got assigned a target. i followed the yellow arrow, pretty excited because i hadn't killed a player since before the anti-rwt updates. i don't know what to expect, so i'm 1-iteming with a rune scimmy. i did also have a prayer pot, an anti poison pot and a couple tuna potatoes. so i was well prepared to die or win, either way i was curious.

my target was a similar level to me but was dressed in good armour. when i battled him down to around 1/3rd health, with the help of prayer and food, he goes "mind not killing me?". i told him it was my first time and i wanted to kill something, so the idiot ran off like a wimp and i trudged back to edgeville, looking for something else to kill.

i see two 122(ish) levels fighting. one kills the other and the dying one says "gf sir :)" as he dies.

what happened to honour in runescape in the mid levels? it seems like only the highest levels want a challenge, and accept death if it comes. i wouldn't have minded if my opponant had killed me at all; i would have considered it a fun challenge. i wouldn't have ran off with my tail between my legs.

From what I've seen and heard, there are pretty much 4 types of PKer.

1. The people who PK for profit, This would be the person assigned as your target. They will run if they can't make a profit off of a kill.

2. The honour PKers. These people, such as yourself, do not mind dying to a superior and PK because... well, it's fun for you, it lets out your anger, etc.

3. The people who you get as a target and then just run around the Wilderness, no matter who you are or what you say, until you get too annoyed and log out. For some reason, they consider it fun to aggravate others.

4. The type of PKer, such as myself, that are a mix of the three. I do PK for profit (sometimes), and will do what I can to keep myself from death. However, if I do die, then I see it as dying to a superior, and send my killer a message saying "Thank you for making it a good fight." Seriously. Oh, and if someone starts acting like a jerk while attacking me (example: calling me various obscene names...) I will run just to make his day a pain in return for his comments.

And also, what you said about "what happened to honour," some people prefer to make a profit rather than have the honour of dying to a superior. See PKer 1.

Back on-topic: I'm rather annoyed by the lack of respect people have for... well, just generally everybody. I mean, seriously, would it kill you to not take everything someone says in a perverted sense? Or at least not MENTION your distorted thoughts? Because then everybody starts doing it, and that area temporarily turns into a mental landfill. (Beware the metaphor!)

So yeah, show some common courtesy. And, for you guys, chivalry is NOT dead, it's just less violent.

a70c7.png

I was in clan wars and before we even start this guy goes "gtfo (my name) you noob". When it starts, i notice he is 30 cb levels higher than me and has d claws, so i pray protect from melee and he does the same. (i still die in like 5 seconds anyway) He then goes "prayer nub grow some balls" lol what exactly am i supposed to be scared of? Being forced to re-enter the portal? He thinks hes so tough because hes a level 111 lol.

You know what I cant stand? You get a target, you fight the target, your target tries to spec you but fails. Instead of continuing the fight your target goes off into the deep wildy with nothing on and gets themselves killed and YOU LOSE YOUR DAMN TARGET.

Holy crap I can't stand when people do this, 3rd targ in a row to do it.

I really hate when people run around asking for free stuff. What makes them so special that we should just hand whatever they want over to them. Many of these beggers dont even care what they get as long as its free. i see people begging for anything from really cheap stuff you cant give away all the way up to high level weapons and armor. And if you try to explain that you are planning to bank whatever resource you are gathering, they just go off into some sob story about their account getting hacked, then heaven forbid you just tell them 'No' then they feel compelled to berate you. what surprises me is that many times someone will give in to them and hand over thousands worth of resources (which is a personal choice no offense meant). maybe i should just give up leveling my character and just start begging for whatever i want/need, it would save so much time. :)

"Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does." -Allen Ginsberg

I really hate when people run around asking for free stuff. What makes them so special that we should just hand whatever they want over to them. Many of these beggers dont even care what they get as long as its free. i see people begging for anything from really cheap stuff you cant give away all the way up to high level weapons and armor. And if you try to explain that you are planning to bank whatever resource you are gathering, they just go off into some sob story about their account getting hacked, then heaven forbid you just tell them 'No' then they feel compelled to berate you. what surprises me is that many times someone will give in to them and hand over thousands worth of resources (which is a personal choice no offense meant). maybe i should just give up leveling my character and just start begging for whatever i want/need, it would save so much time. :)

in port phasmatys (sp?) i was getting more bones from the bank for the ectofungus, and a level 122 (no joke!) said "free stuff please". there was no one around, so he had to be talking to me... i was purplexed... you get to level 122 and can't make your own money? there's something wrong there...

THAT'S IT I'M DONE TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE OUT. a guy shows up where i'm training and asks "where is brass key to get to giants" and i clarify that he wants to go to the hill giants in the edgeville dungeon. I explain that i dont have the key but he can get to them without it. He's lvl 40,and i thinking -ok... he'll be fine to run through the zombies, skeletons and what not on the way from the edgeville entrance to the hill giants, and offer to take him there, what the heck, i can train there just as easy. so we start off and just when we get to the little skeleton mine, he FREAKS :ohnoes: out accusing me of trying to lead him into a high level dungeon and let him die (cause i'm soooo jealous of his addy platebody...LOL) i explain that the hill giants really are just around the corner and he'll be fine :wall: , but does he believe me? NOOOOOO apparently i'm pure evil trying to get his armor. long story short i run down grab him a key give it to him then grab one for myself and leave the dungeon via the ladder, and wouldn't you know the little creep shows up at the door to the hut a couple of minutes later, following another player he got to help him, complaining about the mean lvl 61 (me) that tried to trick him by taking him to the wrong dungeon :roll: !!!! For goodness sake, if your willing to ask for help, shouldn't you be willing trust the person helping you???? and i think most people when they offer help are sincere about it, not everyone in the game is out to take advantage.

"Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does." -Allen Ginsberg

My rant. People who close the door you are trying to get through.

I mean, i'm in Catherby at the stove. I finish cooking my 28 tuna's. I'm cooking tuna's to grind my cooking level and I really appercaite people not distracting me. I walk out the door which closes in my face at the last moment. Some noob was here closeing the door everytime I tried to get out. It was bad enough with that door closing itself automatically without some noob making me spend 5 min trying to move 1 single step.

For door closers like that, I have absoluity no paitence. After they do it once, I get really pissed off. After two times, my day becomes a bad day regardless of how good it was. After third time, I just report them under the Offensive language/Spamming section.

Rant over, I feel so much better... :thumbsup:

I was reading the reply's and notice that some people say they get mad for stealing someone kill. Well if i was there first or second and your the third person there then it's kinda full and you should hop. I also do if it's full and if you do steal someones kill just make sure you don't do it often and they won't care.

Owned_2_Shet.png

i dont know if this rant belongs here but meh, easyer then makeing a thread :geek:

one of the few things ai hate is when people in clan wars ftp, mostly 110+, run around with a rune 2h and everything and hit people (mostly hiting 20 or 30+ -.- ) then say sorry for the mestake, and thay do it over and over and over and over...

its so anoying when im just killing people normaly and some random player i have no chance of dealing more then 5 damage to comes up and puts me on half helth makeing me lose the fight, evan if thay do that to the player im fighting its anoying.

if you want to fight someone in a safe minigame, then fight them!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

its not like your 99 str and 99 hp are going to make you lose anyway.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!