*NEW* Player Behavior Rants (No Naming Names)

tripsis

I'm getting really annoyed at how people are just so rude nowadays. I see it at Catherby fishing spots all the time. A few people that fish there a lot and i've become friends with, one of whom has a lot of 99's and has a black dragon trailing along her all the majority of the time, and people constantly question her about what her dragon eats, how she got her dragon and how much money it cost for 99 Summoning and they do it in the rudest possible way, even I get annoyed! Then they call her a "Stuck up high level" (Cb 138) :wall:

Another has a white party hat (previously a red one) and random people come up to her and go "Lend me ur phat", it's not a question it's like a demand.

A fair few people have skill capes on aswell, and again rude people following them and typing "Show me emote."

Another time I borrowed one of my friends D claws and went to the chaos druids in Edgeville to quickly get a few herbs, and immediately someone types "Show me your spec."

To me it goes beyond the boundries of being just too lazy to type a question mark.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to dislike people that refuse to read any of the resources provided by Jagex... Because if I'm there and I've spoken recently they add me to ask. I'm a player mod, not an encyclopedia! Though knowing most of the answers definitely doesn't help...

Moreso if they ask me to do something like unban/unmute an account, replace items lost in a hack, or mod them too.

Only ranting because it has happened more times this week than ever before -.-

I'm getting really annoyed at how people are just so rude nowadays. I see it at Catherby fishing spots all the time. A few people that fish there a lot and i've become friends with, one of whom has a lot of 99's and has a black dragon trailing along her all the majority of the time, and people constantly question her about what her dragon eats, how she got her dragon and how much money it cost for 99 Summoning and they do it in the rudest possible way, even I get annoyed! Then they call her a "Stuck up high level" (Cb 138) :wall:

Another has a white party hat (previously a red one) and random people come up to her and go "Lend me ur phat", it's not a question it's like a demand.

A fair few people have skill capes on aswell, and again rude people following them and typing "Show me emote."

Another time I borrowed one of my friends D claws and went to the chaos druids in Edgeville to quickly get a few herbs, and immediately someone types "Show me your spec."

To me it goes beyond the boundries of being just too lazy to type a question mark.

My thoughts exactly. But the only thing we can do about it is ignore them and refuse to help them out until they learn some manners.

Have you ever wanted to truly feel a part of something bigger than yourself? Click here to learn more!

Apparently used to be a player, but I find this website to be as stupid as it gets.

http://www.freewebs.com/shinta_himura/runescape.htm

When you have nothing better to do with your life, work on a site dedicated to not being funny as you make fun of Jagex. And what's up with all the RS addiction stuff?

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Pet Hates ...

1) Being called a 'guy' during fites @ cws ... #-o (ftr, I am a girl!) It is worth mentioning that I am called a guy when I am winning the fite ... :|

2) When I am using my sword ... could be a gs or a ss - i swap and change, buy and sell.

Person: 'nice sword!'

Me: 'Ty'

Person: 'do spec'

Me: 'just done it. Soz'

Person: 'wow yr awesome!'

Me: 'kk ty'

Person: 'max hit?'

Me: 'Depends tbh'

Person: 'can i barrow yr sword?'

Me: 'No soz using ..' *battles on with whatever creature it is i am fighting ..*

Person: 'plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!'

Me: 'soz using'

Person: 'Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!'

Me: 'soz using.'

Person: 'Noob!' ........ :thumbsup:

Fairycake89.gif

Fairycake89.png

Fairycake89.png

What we do in life, echoes in Eternity .... And probably Draynor ... :s

Don't forget the follow up when they refuse: "It's not yours. lol. narb"

('Narb' happens to be my pet hate :evil:)

This really gets down to the morals of cheating versus the morals of being forced to throw away your life [1000's of hours] to access content you enjoy

Isn't life about throwing away your life (a job) to access content you enjoy?

i hate when people use "u" or "ur". I also hate the people who rag on high levels for being rude. Most high levels(120+) are actually more mature than "most" low levels, it does take time to level, and with time comes maturity. I also hate how much new players are babied now-a-days, a few examples being the ge, fixed prices, warning messages, 12 million tutors there seem to be now. :x

Y_Z.png

I am SO SICK of all these noobs coming at me when I am chopping down eucs. They all assume I'm doing the quest and go "omg wat pool r u up 2?" And I tell them I havent done the quest. Then, they respond -.- "omg plz hlp m3". Then they just hang around me for about 10 minutes asking me what to do in a quest I havent done. Can't a guy woodcut in peace? #-o

disturbeda.png

I hate beggars. They don't realise that they can earn more money if they went and did some work instead of begging. They're just plain annoying.

What's even worse is that they could have made 2 or 3 times what they were asking for in the time they wasted standing around begging. If someone needs 3k, all they have to do is go cut down all the regular trees around the perimeter of the GE and then sell them instantly. But I guess that kind of thinking requires too much brain power from 'em.

10_joelmike2.jpg

I hate beggars. They don't realise that they can earn more money if they went and did some work instead of begging. They're just plain annoying.

What's even worse is that they could have made 2 or 3 times what they were asking for in the time they wasted standing around begging. If someone needs 3k, all they have to do is go cut down all the regular trees around the perimeter of the GE and then sell them instantly. But I guess that kind of thinking requires too much brain power from 'em.

Exactly.

Beggars don't realise what skills are for. To make money. Heck, even with a bit of money you could start merchanting (too bad they're too stupid to do that), even with level 1 at all skills. Selling crap can make you a surprisingly large sum of money. As you said, normal logs. Copper ore, tin ore, iron ore, etc.

i hate when people use "u" or "ur". I also hate the people who rag on high levels for being rude. Most high levels(120+) are actually more mature than "most" low levels, it does take time to level, and with time comes maturity. I also hate how much new players are babied now-a-days, a few examples being the ge, fixed prices, warning messages, 12 million tutors there seem to be now. :x

I also absolutely cannot stand people who constantly use "u" "ur" "y" "nite" ect. I have ignored several people in the clan chat I go to because they do it. I although do not agree with the high levels being rude thing though, I am 114 with summoning as you can see in my sig and I will add some high levels to compliment on their name or comment on something they said in public and of course... the private is to friends or off. Although this isn't exactly "rude" per se I really don't know what else to call it.

snipers_end.png

Oh noes! Them high levels are having their private chat set to something rather than on! Theys are being very rude.

Snipers_end, the reason it has that option? So we can't get bothered by people who randomly add us. It's a feature and it's there to be used. No-one wants to be bothered by some random person they just met, and after a period of time, it gets annoying, so that's why people set it to friends or off, so they don't get bothered.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Oh noes! Them high levels are having their private chat set to something rather than on! Theys are being very rude.

Snipers_end, the reason it has that option? So we can't get bothered by people who randomly add us. It's a feature and it's there to be used. No-one wants to be bothered by some random person they just met, and after a period of time, it gets annoying, so that's why people set it to friends or off, so they don't get bothered.

The longer you play, the more noobs you meet. The private "off" or "friends" is nice in some instances.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Well I'm new to this forum but I thought that I would post some of the annoying things that I have encountered throughout my, rather long, Rs career.

PVP Worlds: 1. I hate it when 76kers (people just there to get ep) think that they have a RIGHT to sit in the wildy, unbothered while generating ep.

2. I hate it when people that you are fighting yell at me for safing or praying when they did it first.

Ex.

Me and my target are fighting-

Target: Getting smashed by d bolts flips on prot from range.

Target: Eats to almost full hp

Me: Flips on prot from melee

Target: Turns off prot from range after saving himself while redbarred

Me: Keep prot melee on

Target: Noob stop praying, prayer nub

Me: You prayed first

Target: Noob stop praying

Target: I turned off

Me: so? You started it because you were about to die Why should I turn off?

Target: Prayer nub (Runs away) :wall: :wall: :wall:

Does anybody else have the same problem?

Well I'm new to this forum but I thought that I would post some of the annoying things that I have encountered throughout my, rather long, Rs career.

PVP Worlds: 1. I hate it when 76kers (people just there to get ep) think that they have a RIGHT to sit in the wildy, unbothered while generating ep.

2. I hate it when people that you are fighting yell at me for safing or praying when they did it first.

Ex.

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSS.

Paragon.png

Rrrr, I was recently cammy teleing to 57 mage (did it in about an hour, pretty slow tbh) and I get these comments:

"I bet you're autoing"

"If you don't say something in the next 3 seconds I'm gonna report you"

#-o a bit hard to type when every 2-3 seconds you have to click to teleport (that's why it took me 1 hour to do lol).

Okay this isn't exactly ranting, but It was kinda funny. lvl 60-80's keep coming up to me and 2 other guys teleporting, saying things like "just because your rich stop showing off" or "omfg stop teleporting". The funniest one was "I have 500K bet I'm richer than any of you guys".

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Well in reality there are many lulz to be had while teleporting 4 exp :P except those who accuse you of autoing, or are just downright rude and won't leave you alone. You know those guys in full rune and the granite maul, right? Yeah. Those guys.

disturbeda.png

Ex.

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSS.

Fact is, if they don't say anything afterwards, I would turn off my pray in a couple secs. Except they just have to swoop that low :wall:

Staurolite.png

I'm new to Tip.It forums.

But I'd say my main annoyance is sleezy comments made to female players because they're... well, female?

I'm female, and I know that nothing better can be expected from 99.9999999999% of teenage boys. No biggie, you know they're useless to society right now anyway =]

Okay, so low-level players begging is alright. Sometimes I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and actually, god forbid, explain what they could do to make the money THEMSELVES. I like to pretend that it works sometimes.

Of course, what really bugs me is high-level beggars. Seriously, I'm walking to Al-Kharid from lumbridge, and some level 75 asks me for the 15gp to get in to al-kharid. OKAY, STOP RIGHT THERE. First: Prince Ali Treasure - you're level 75 and haven't done it? I suppose that's believable, not everyone's the same kind of quest-addict as me. Second: You don't have 15 gp? FIFTEEN COINS?! Seriously, I haven't had less than 100k in my bank in 10 levels without immediately working on making money. Besides, you can't make it? Chop down some trees? Kill five goblins? Perhaps not. Maybe, Third: There's a way into Al-Kharid that takes two more minutes of walking!! I won't go into teleports, since I was on F2P at the time, but still.

Perhaps I was too explicit there. I think I was just trying to make the point that ANY level 75 player should be competent enough to understand what one can do to make such a paltry sum as 15gp.

Right?

Or, perhaps, there's the case of the level 117 asking me for 15k. Well, see, here's a different problem entirely. At this point I'm in P2P, a wonderful tool that provides many, many more opportunities for making money. I don't know, maybe I'm being harsh. But what really gets to me is that when I refuse, he calls me a noob. I'm just like, "I'm not the one begging for money from someone 30 levels lower than he is..."

Is it just me? I hope it's not just me.

[woot]

Those players who refuse to hop at Kalphites.

Sorry, but I'm here slaying, have my cannon set up, so it would be better for you to actually hop, rather than waste both of our times by getting half exp.

I've asked as politely as I could, and I'm sure one as experienced as you knows you're not going to win against a cannon.

In the end, I just ended up hopping, second world I tried, the guy was almost done, so I decided to wait.

Also, will those who do so, stop complaining about cannons at Dagannoths. All these other people were here before you, and did not [bleep]ing complain to me. You come in, acting high and mighty, I will not take down my [bleep]ing cannon for anyone, especially, you, it gets the task done in 20 minutes max.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

i hate noobs who think they're " all that" because they can afford all gs's, d claws, santa, etc. so what if i have a life? ur really just showing off that u don't. im talking about the person who doesnt sleep for a week to get 60 mining, then sleep a full day, order the WHOLE Pizza Hut, then play again the next day, only stopping for drinks and tying a bottle to ur ankle, not the ones who play maybe 3 hours a day in ur free time.

-People that automatically assume all high levels no-lifed for their hard-earned equipment and skills.

-People that can't spell

Wait a second...

Exactly what I would've said.

Maybe not the same way, but close enough.

mocl_Yosonic.png

what really annoys me is when higher-level players, like 95+, rag on high-mid level players...

like i'm finishing off a green dragon slayer task from vannaka (which takes ages because green dragons are overpopular) and i've got 6 out of the 53 left to kill...

i've been there ten minutes on my own, not harming anyone, when two high level players (one was 91 and the other was 95) showed themselves as children... their conversation went something like this:

idiot1: her you let a noob in our spot

idiot2: no i didn't

idiot2: hey level 79 noob, go away

idiot1: noob

idiot1: why don't you world hop... go now

me: huh? i was here first... and quit talking to adults, children

idiot1: this is our spot

idiot2: i'm 12 levels above you

me: and i bet my total level's twice yours

*i check high scores quickly and find out that i'm almost right*

idiot2: i bet you only have 500k in your bank

idiot2: noob

idiot1: we're better than you noob

*they then start to talk about stupid stuff between them and i teleport out because i've finished my task*

what was up with this? what's wrong with these stupid 13 year old children who get their members' accounts because their parents pay, and rag on those who are better than them overall... and that's not even starting to talk about real life...

i've met one nice high level player (101) who said sorry for taking my kills but that wasn't her intention, she needed limpwurt roots, and was it ok if we shared (hill giants, i was there for the drops too) and i was gobsmacked! a high level player who was being considerate? i spoke to her for a while and later came to the conclusion that she was an adult like me.. or she couldn't have been so nice.

i work with kids... can't we have an age filter on runescape whereby i don't have to hear [developmentally delayed] cr*pwits under the age of 18? :roll:

i'd never quit runescape because of the kids there, but this was created as a game for adults, and there should be an iq test... if you pass, you get the chatbox, if you fail, you get quickchat. i think that's more than idiots deserve anyway.

wow that's a long rant...

Not all 13 year olds are stupid, seeing as I dont see myself as better than other people overall.

But seeing other kids my age that play rs irl, there all cocky and say. You cant beat me without prayer you (Cencor), isnt prayer part of combat '-_- why cant I use it to my advantage? Most kids my age are cocky,immature, and mean. And Im 13...( im not trying to sound all aldult like, and im not trying) And I see no difference from ages of players. So playing a 21 year old on Xbox Live, PSN, or NinWifi makes them a no life? Seeing as playing runescape is no different playing other games. But appeantly a no life can actually pay for internet, a house, a computer, and can manage to make money in real life, not just a game.

What is worst is Immature adult players.

mocl_Yosonic.png