New 26k pvp method

SlayerMalk

I don't see what's wrong with this 26k trick.

It's simply emergent gameplay for me. Just like Air/Nature/Law-rune running or assisting or Powermining or even Merchanting, they wrere not intended to be used like that but someone found out a way to use them for their advantage and everyone copied because it was more effecient/profitable.

Emergent gameplay is when players manipulate gaming software in ways the original creator had not foreseen or intended.

That explains what Emergent gameplay is and I think that the 26k trick is just that.

I think we should stop thinking what Jagex thinks is bad is bad for us, this 26k trick doesn't hurt anyone and it's not unfair to anyone cause if we keep agreeing with all the wrong things Jagex finds about PvP Worlds then we will get another...Ditch! or as the article says:

"Yet the hard work of creative gamers has been thrown away, giving way to the muddled, inexact, and utterly beginner-friendly RS2 Wilderness."

Emergent gameplay is not cheating.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't Jagex just restrict potential gained when in combat for extended periods of time with the same person? That doesn't seem hard, if they can be as specific as this update.

That would prevent a lot more...

Sorry if that was already suggested :P

^ this is a great idea.

[hide=piccy]qs2z4g.png[/hide]

16.3m mind runes traded :shock:

Hmm, perhaps then Jagex should make it to where drop potential increases by how much your opponent looses instead of time spent in an area? Yeah that seems like it's kind of an obvious solution, but hey, they're... Jagex. :roll:

So how does new drop potential get created to replace that consumed making drops? All that happens in your idea is you steal someone elses potential. Eventually there'll be no potential left.

Jammy2222.png

I see endless posts on suggestions against building dp "safely" and ways to do it. I personally don't understand what's wrong with it, you have to do it to even have to ability to gain drops, why do you HAVE to risk something to get the ability to even break even with 'real' pvp? It would be sad to see ways of gaining drop potential ALL nerfed, every single method, including punching, kicking, bronze weapons, magic spells, brewing down, using bunyips, even spinning the screen within the caves of the Christmas Quest.

There are so many pjers and rushers that seek out people skilling in remote places it's just sick, believe it or not, you don't gain drops building drop potential, you have to "risk 75k+ whilst killing someone risking 25k+" to get drops. And, don't forget, you're not getting 100% good loots either, you could just get sardines killing someone skulled in full bandos. Pvp is both a money drain and source of money, isn't the same as the old wilderness because money is simply "transferred" over to the opponent, like in Bounty Hunter.

Main point of this post being, what's wrong with air striking? Not completely afkable, there are still chances of randoms for your partner, exposing you to threats. Even for people who "really pvp" need the drop potential to gain drops anyways. As for "26king, drop fixing, or any other varient", this isn't really the players fault. Players are BOUND to try and find methods of easy money, and who says you are guarenteed to get a drop either? Did Jagex say you will always get 50k+ drops when your opponent aka partner dies?

Players are scum, they will exploit the cheapest, lowest means of obtaining moneys as possible, get used to it, this is RuneScape we are talking about. 26king isn't against any rules, it's not a bug, a bug is when a unfair advantage is being gained through a programming/coding error, but there were no programming/coding error causing a bug. As I said earlier, you won't always get good loots, and will still eat up your potential you gained via... means.

Why people are kicking up a fuss about how 26king is cheating I have no idea, it's just another source of money, that's NOT RELIABLE EITHER, it is very possible to get LOW VALUE LOOTS EVERY KILL. Note, I said the keyword, "Not Reliable". Kinda tired atm, might edit this later.

Quote and discuss all you like.

- Happy 'Scaping.

Dzi.

Jagex should make it something like lsp. If your opponent loses 200k, you would get 200k worth of dp. If your oppenent loses 15m, you would get 15m of dp. Then they could adjust their drop tables to be something like

75k-500k

500k-2m

2m-5m

5m-10m

10m-25m

so and so for forth. The drops would still be randomized so you couldn't rwt. But if they could somehow do this, I think it would work well.

patr1ckotg1.png

Jagex should make it something like lsp. If your opponent loses 200k, you would get 200k worth of dp. If your oppenent loses 15m, you would get 15m of dp. Then they could adjust their drop tables to be something like

75k-500k

500k-2m

2m-5m

5m-10m

10m-25m

so and so for forth. The drops would still be randomized so you couldn't rwt. But if they could somehow do this, I think it would work well.

It would need some tweaking to prevent people just killing each other while carrying thousands of maple longbows (u) but otherwise sounds good. Perhaps it only counts the value of non-noted stuff you may be carrying?

Jammy2222.png

It would need some tweaking to prevent people just killing each other while carrying thousands of maple longbows (u) but otherwise sounds good. Perhaps it only counts the value of non-noted stuff you may be carrying?

Already done. Noted items do not count as risk or anything.

The problem with a high kill is pures and lower levels. Then again, with claws out idk. But still, I dunno.

This was really the easiest way to do this, the current method. However, I don't think you all are getting the point of this wind striking and stuff.

PK'ers use this too. If they want loot, they need to build DP before they kill. Even though most of these people do 25k, pkers need to do something, too. I did that, and thats why my video is going to have a ton of high loot. Well, okay, I didn't windstrike, I skilled. Or stunned.

By the way, when you kill someone and you have high potential, you can get any item thats tradable that they lose worth up to 5m (no duplicates, like if they dropped 28 cakes you could only get 1).

I don't like the fact that people can easily be safe without looking at the computer screen. Things like stun should be allowed. I also think you should be allowed to windstrike if you ARE NOT autocasting. Theres always the risk of getting interrupted irl or misclicking. Idk.

It's just getting lame to see everyone being able to easily afk their potential.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Hmm, perhaps then Jagex should make it to where drop potential increases by how much your opponent looses instead of time spent in an area? Yeah that seems like it's kind of an obvious solution, but hey, they're... Jagex. :roll:

So how does new drop potential get created to replace that consumed making drops? All that happens in your idea is you steal someone elses potential. Eventually there'll be no potential left.

Not, you're not stealing someone else's potential. New drop potential is being created by the cash value of stuff that your opponent looses on death. This potential would count toward the same drop, and possibly be consumed on the spot. But there are always those unlucky times when you get next to nothing - then that unused potential could count toward getting better drops later.

This could also be combined with time spent in the hotzones. But that shouldn't be the primary means of getting potential, as it is clearly easy to abuse.

75k-500k

500k-2m

2m-5m

5m-10m

10m-25m

The problem is, this will make it very easy to transfer money: Buyer kills sender with BGS. Done. Same goes with potential building this way.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

The problem is, this will make it very easy to transfer money: Buyer kills sender with BGS. Done. Same goes with potential building this way.

His example isn't a table of dropped item value (your opponent losing 10m guarantees you a drop of at least 10m). It probably is that if your opponent loses 10m-25m then you probably get a drop from the "high" table, which inclues a variety of gear. This would make it incredibly risky to RWT by losing BGS's, as the killer might end up with a dragon spear.

His example isn't a table of dropped item value (your opponent losing 10m guarantees you a drop of at least 10m). It probably is that if your opponent loses 10m-25m then you probably get a drop from the "high" table, which inclues a variety of gear. This would make it incredibly risky to RWT by losing BGS's, as the killer might end up with a dragon spear.

Yea exactly what I meant, the drops would still be randomized so it would be risky as hell to try and rwt.

patr1ckotg1.png

if you actually go to pk you risk alot more than most of your opponents, and you arent even guarenteed anything they have...thats been my f2p experience anyway. Walking around in full rune you seem to attract everyone and their mother who wants to no arm...

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png