Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

In a world where "No they can't" = "Yes they can" but "acting" =/= "being" it's kind of hard to make sense out of anything you say at the point. ;)

If 'no you can't' was my entire argument, it would be. Fortunately, as explained before, it's far from being my only point.

Ah, so by "acting" you think it means "pretending". So every kid that refuses a cig is "pretending" to be mature? :lol:

act - a state of real existence rather than possibility

be - to have an objective existence : have reality or actuality

Nope, there are multiple definitions of 'act' and 'be' depending on how they are used. In this case, I'm using 'act' as the appearance but not the correct logic behind the scenes, and 'be' as the real thing.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, there are multiple definitions of 'act' and 'be' depending on how they are used. In this case, I'm using 'act' as the appearance but not the correct logic behind the scenes, and 'be' as the real thing.

Well I'm not. When I said act and be, I meant the same thing. You're spewing out illogical semantic rules that you made up on your own. If you don't want to conform to the English language, what's the point in talking to you?

Reminds me of how this whole thing started. Someone pointed out there are two different definitions and someone disagreed. If I was interested in playing devil's advocate I could just deny the fact that "acting" is what you claim it to be, and make up my own definition for it. But I'm nice so nah.

If 'no you can't' was my entire argument, it would be. Fortunately, as explained before, it's far from being my only point.

You said kids can't be mature. Yes, they can be because they can do mature actions. It's that simple. :mrgreen: Wikipedia illicitly says maturity doesn't have to do with age, and that it is the ability to respond in an appropriate manner.

If you're saying kids can't respond in an appropriate manner then you are saying everything they do is wrong. You're seriously a fool if you think that.

Well I'm not. When I said act and be, I meant the same thing. You're spewing out illogical semantic rules that you made up on your own. If you don't want to conform to the English language, what's the point in talking to you?

Unfortunately, it's not a mystical code that no one can understand. More like a common word everyone but you can understand =D>

Reminds me of how this whole thing started. Someone pointed out there are two different definitions and someone disagreed. If I was interested in playing devil's advocate I could just deny the fact that "acting" is what you claim it to be, and make up my own definition for it. But I'm nice so nah.

It's a round about way of agreeing with me, but I'll accept it on the grounds that you have no proof to back it up I'll include a bit of mine, for your benefit:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/act/

False show; pretense; feint: The politician's pious remarks were all an act.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/be/

To take place; happen; occur:

It would indeed appear I have the English language on my side :roll:

You said kids can't be mature. Yes, they can be because they can do mature actions. It's that simple. :mrgreen:

They can't be mature, as their brains (the sole determination of maturity) have not fully developed and are incapable of mature thought processes associated with adulthood, as shown in http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/teenbrain/interviews/todd.html.

EDIT: Since you added this to your post, I'll add this to mine too:

If you're saying kids can't respond in an appropriate manner then you are saying everything they do is wrong. You're seriously a fool if you think that.

Fortunately, I never said that, and indeed said the exact opposite on many occasions.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It's a round about way of agreeing with me, but I'll accept it on the grounds that you have no proof to back it up I'll include a bit of mine, for your benefit:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/act/

False show; pretense; feint: The politician's pious remarks were all an act.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/be/

To take place; happen; occur:

It would indeed appear I have the English language on my side :roll:

Links don't matter. I linked you to Wiki which said psychological maturity is responding (acting) to a circumstance in an appropriate manner and that it doesn't have to do with age. You've ignored this fact completely. Like I said, I would only be playing the devil's advocate - I would be wrong but it would bring up a point worth pointing out.

They can't be mature, as their brains (the sole determination of maturity) have not fully developed and are incapable of mature thought processes associated with adulthood, as shown in http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... /todd.html.

They can't be physically mature, but they can be psychologically mature by responding to a circumstance in an appropriate manner. Read up on it!

Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctual, and is not determined by one's age. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act in serious or non-serious ways.

Question: Can a child do anything in the above paragraph? If they can, then that indicates that they are being mature and acting mature.

Links don't matter. I linked you to Wiki which said psychological maturity is responding (acting) to a circumstance in an appropriate manner and that it doesn't have to do with age. You've ignored this fact completely. Like I said, I would only be playing the devil's advocate - I would be wrong but it would bring up a point worth pointing out.

Nope, that's not what I said - all along, it was referring to mature thought processes, not actions, as I stated many times. Clever way to drop the debate about words after being unquestionably proved wrong.

They can't be physically mature, but they can be psychologically mature by responding to a circumstance in an appropriate manner. Read up on it!

You seem to be slightly confused about just what psychological means; it means 'pertaining to the mind and body'. So your saying they can be mature in mind and body, without a mature brain? Something's wrong here :roll:

Question: Can a child do anything in the above paragraph? If they can, then that indicates that they are being mature and acting mature.

Yep, they can act (appear) mature, but the thought processes behind the decision are immature due to lack of full cognitive development.

DeviledEgg24.png

Nope, that's not what I said - all along, it was referring to mature thought processes, not actions, as I stated many times. Clever way to drop the debate about words after being unquestionably proved wrong.

He pointed out the two types (thought process and actions) and you disagreed with the second one. You're the one trying to distort facts and actual events that took place.

You seem to be slightly confused about just what psychological means; it means 'pertaining to the mind and body'. So your saying they can be mature in mind and body, without a mature brain? Something's wrong here

Hello! Have you read anything on this thread? Psychological maturity, by definition, has nothing to do with age and is only an adjective to describe an action! "He was mature by refusing the cig." Refusing a cig has nothing to do with your age!

Yep, they can act (appear) mature, but the thought processes behind the decision are immature due to lack of full cognitive development.

Then you are referring to physically mature again. Let that go for a second. Stop holding onto it so dearly. There are different meanings for maturity. One has nothing to do with age!! Try to understand that. It's just a way to describe an action such as good or bad!

He pointed out the two types (thought process and actions) and you disagreed with the second one. You're the one trying to distort facts and actual events that took place.

Nope. If "No, they can't." was the sole factor in the discussion, you would indeed be right. Fortunately, you completely failed to read the previous posts and tried to accuse one out of context quote. The 10 year old is not going to be fully mature, as he has underdeveloped frontal lobes that are directly linked to maturity, including psychological.

Hello! Have you read anything on this post? Psychological maturity, by definition, has nothing to do with age and is only an adjective to describe an action! "He was mature by refusing the cig." Refusing a cig has nothing to do with your age!

Nope, i read the post, and I also pointed out that you were wrong. Psychological means "the science of the mind or of mental states and processes." (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/psychology). Awfully hard to have a mature mind if the brain isn't mature :lol:

Then you are referring to physically mature again. Let that go for a second. Stop holding onto it so dearly. There are different meanings for maturity. One has nothing to do with age!! Try to understand that. It's just a way to describe an action such as good or bad!

Unfortunately, the one you (and the poster I responded to) both have to do with age, as mentioned above.

DeviledEgg24.png

Nope. If "No, they can't." was the sole factor in the discussion, you would indeed be right. Fortunately, you completely failed to read the previous posts and tried to accuse one out of context quote. The 10 year old is not going to be fully mature, as he has underdeveloped frontal lobes that are directly linked to maturity, including psychological.

No one says he is fully mature. We just said he could be mature. Again, you put words in our mouths but cry when it happens to you.

Nope, i read the post, and I also pointed out that you were wrong. Psychological means "the science of the mind or of mental states and processes." (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/psychology). Awfully hard to have a mature mind if the brain isn't mature :lol:

Yeah, and I can bring up a definition of physical that means something you can touch. Can you touch maturity? You don't have an argument here. Stop dictating what definitions I'm doing when you won't even allow me to tell you what definitions you implied.

Unfortunately, the one you (and the poster I responded to) both have to do with age, as mentioned above.

No, it doesn't.

Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctual, and is not determined by one's age. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act in serious or non-serious ways.

How many times are you going to ignore that?

This is the maturity we're talking about:

mature - considered: a mature plan of action.

Are you seriously telling me a 10-year-old doesn't have the ability to consider things? :lol:

No one says he is fully mature. We just said he could be mature.

Meaning fully mature. There is no "fully mature" and "mature", there's a "fully mature" and a "not fully mature".

Yeah, and I can bring up a definition of physical that means something you can touch. Can you touch maturity? You don't have an argument here. Stop dictating what definitions I'm doing when you won't even allow me to tell you what definitions you implied.

I don't know of any major dictionary that defines physical as "something you can touch". "Something you can touch" is an offspring of physical, not the another way around. Sorry, but I'm afraid Dictionary > Zero :roll:

No, it doesn't.

How many times are you going to ignore that?

It backs up my point, as mentioned earlier, by demonstrating that maturity and age are linked - not only in that paragraph, but later on in the article ("The relationship between psychological maturity and age is a difficult one"). Not to mention the half dozen other articles I linked to, including 3 Wikipedia sources. Even the dictionary agrees with me: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/determined:

"1. resolute; staunch: the determined defenders of the Alamo.

2. decided; settled; resolved.

1. To settle or decide (a dispute, question, etc.) by an authoritative or conclusive decision."

Nope, maturity isn't decided, settled, or resolved in a conclusive decision by age - but age certainly has a huge effect on it.

Sorry, but nice try at building an argument on a single misinterpreted sentence you found on wikipedia =D>

DeviledEgg24.png

Meaning fully mature. There is no "fully mature" and "mature", there's a "fully mature" and a "not fully mature".

You don't have to be a 30-year-old to refuse a pack of cigarettes. You don't need full maturity to make a mature decision. Just like you don't have to be completely evil to commit one bad action.

I don't know of any major dictionary that defines physical as "something you can touch". "Something you can touch" is an offspring of physical, not the another way around. Sorry, but I'm afraid Dictionary > Zero :roll:

If you go by the dictionary then go by the dictionary. Don't just pick and choose. The dictionary says mature is an adjective defined as "considered". Now, can a kid consider something? If he can then he has the ability to be mature.

Oh and more relevantly, physical means it has matter. Can you touch matter? Case closed. ;)

It backs up my point, as mentioned earlier, by demonstrating that maturity and age are linked - not only in that paragraph, but later on in the article ("The relationship between psychological maturity and age is a difficult one"). Not to mention the half dozen other articles I linked to, including 3 Wikipedia sources. Sorry, but nice try at building an argument on a single misinterpreted sentence you found on wikipedia

That doesn't mean it's a must have. Key word: difficult. As in, they don't know everything about it and there is a lot of debate about it. In no way does in contradict itself when it says it doesn't have to do with age. If you think it contradicts itself, then why do you rely on a source that you don't even agree with?

More importantly, why can't you understand simple concepts such as:

No they can't =/= Yes they can

Acting mature = Being mature

Psychological maturity doesn't have to do with age.

Nope, maturity isn't decided, settled, or resolved in a conclusive decision by age - but age certainly has a huge effect on it.

So you're admitting that kids can be mature?

You don't have to be a 30-year-old to refuse a pack of cigarettes. You don't need full maturity to make a mature decision. Just like you don't have to be completely evil to commit one bad action.

I agree completely.

If you go by the dictionary then go by the dictionary. Don't just pick and choose. The dictionary says mature is an adjective defined as "considered". Now, can a kid consider something? If he can then he has the ability to be mature.

Nope, because that's not the context we are using it in. Definitions apply to usage, not every one to each word - it can't be a noun, verb, and adjective at the same time.

That doesn't mean it's a must have. Key word: difficult. As in, they don't know everything about it and there is a lot of debate about it. In no way does in contradict itself when it says it doesn't have to do with age. If you think it contradicts itself, then why do you rely on a source that you don't even agree with?

I think it agrees completely with itself, but you interpret it incorrectly - the fact that your belief in what that sentence means contradicts not only half a dozen other wikipedia articles AND hundreds of other sources is just another part of the argument against you. Even the dictionary agrees with me: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/determined:

"1. resolute; staunch: the determined defenders of the Alamo.

2. decided; settled; resolved.

1. To settle or decide (a dispute, question, etc.) by an authoritative or conclusive decision."

Sorry, but nice try at building an argument on a single misinterpreted sentence you found on wikipedia =D>

DeviledEgg24.png

People in general, when hidden by anonymity are alot more stupid and immature than they would be in real life, this applies to all age groups.

Its the same concept as how most drivers are alot more aggressive on the road than they would be outside a car, they have there 4 walls around them, it gives them a sense of power, and they know there is going to be little retaliation if they hold down the horn for 10 minutes.

Unfortunately, this game being on the internet. People feel they can act however they want without any repercussions.

O.O

I agree completely.

Apparently you do not, seeing as you feel that one must be fully mature or they are not mature at all. You contradict yourself again. A while ago you said it was a level - not a switch. Now you're saying it is an either on-or-off status. Make up your mind.

Nope, because that's not the context we are using it in. Definitions apply to usage, not every one to each word - it can't be a noun, verb, and adjective at the same time.

Actually, it is. We said it was numerous times. He brought up the two types of maturity - phys. and psych. He was talking about psychological.

Besides, saying it was an adjective was only a means to get my point across. Meaning that mature is subjective in the same sense as good and bad. It is possible for me to say, "That kid is real mature for not letting that bully get to him." Is that sentence impossible?

Sorry, but nice try at building an argument on a single misinterpreted sentence you found on wikipedia

You are the one misinterpreting things. Tell me, what other meaning can the sentence, "It isn't determined by age," mean?

People in general, when hidden by anonymity are alot more stupid and immature than they would be in real life, this applies to all age groups.

Exactly. Maturity in the sense we were talking about is an opinion much like good and bad. It is used to say things such as, "It is mature to do ignore a bully." You don't have to be a certain age to receive that comment. Also, "It is immature to steal candy from a baby." It is completely reasonable to say this statement to an old man, even though he is physically mature. I don't see why Comp doesn't understand that. Maybe it's because he's over 30 so that means he is perfect.

Apparently you do not, seeing as you feel that one must be fully mature or they are not mature at all. You contradict yourself again. A while ago you said it was a level - not a switch. Now you're saying it is an either on-or-off status. Make up your mind.

Is that what I said? Yeah, I didn't think so. Nice try though. Now, to rephrase what I said in attempt to communicate it to you, I said a person can either be fully mature or not fully mature; obviously there are an infinite number of levels within not fully mature, but all of them are less then fully.

Actually, it is. We said it was numerous times. He brought up the two types of maturity - phys. and psych. He was talking about psychological.

Besides, saying it was an adjective was only a means to get my point across. Meaning that mature is subjective in the same sense as good and bad. It is possible for me to say, "That kid is real mature for not letting that bully get to him." Is that sentence impossible?

Your handily ignoring psychological. Psychological is related to the brain. Your brain can't be mature without it being mature :roll:

You are the one misinterpreting things. Tell me, what other meaning can the sentence, "It isn't determined by age," mean?

I'm not sure what other meaning can be drawn. As the definition proved, not being determined by age means that age is not the conclusive, end all-be all factor; there are other factors dependent on the individual. But it certainly doesn't mean that age has nothing whatsoever to do with mental maturity, as evidenced by the plethora of other sources (including that page) indexed by me.

Take note, this is what happens when an entire argument is based on a single shaky and incorrectly interpreted word.

DeviledEgg24.png

Is that what I said? Yeah, I didn't think so. Nice try though. Now, to rephrase what I said in attempt to communicate it to you, I said a person can either be fully mature or not fully mature; obviously there are an infinite number of levels within not fully mature, but all of them are less then fully.

Oh it's not?

There is no "fully mature" and "mature", there's a "fully mature" and a "not fully mature".

Do you have to be completely evil in order to be bad?

Your handily ignoring psychological. Psychological is related to the brain. Your brain can't be mature without it being mature

And no one said it can be. However, the actions can be. And a person's actions make up who they are.

I'm not sure what other meaning can be drawn. As the definition proved, not being determined by age means that age is not the conclusive, end all-be all factor; there are other factors dependent on the individual. But it certainly doesn't mean that age has nothing whatsoever to do with mental maturity, as evidenced by the plethora of other sources (including that page) indexed by me.

Yes, adults generally commit more mature acts than children but this doesn't mean it's impossible for children to commit them too.

Oh it's not?

There is no "fully mature" and "mature", there's a "fully mature" and a "not fully mature".

Yep. In the context of fully versus simply mature, there's two separate circumstances, and both cannot mean the same thing - your either fully mature, or your not. Yeah, there's varying levels within the not, but none of them classify as 'fully' mature.

And no one said it can be. However, the actions can be. And a person's actions make up who they are.

And what are your actions controlled by? Oh wait, I sense a pattern.

Yes, adults generally commit more mature acts than children but this doesn't mean it's impossible for children to commit them too.

Yep, I'm in complete agreement with that statement.

DeviledEgg24.png

Yep. In the context of fully versus simply mature, there's two separate circumstances, and both cannot mean the same thing - your either fully mature, or your not. Yeah, there's varying levels within the not, but none of them classify as 'fully' mature.

You don't get the point. Age is irrelevant. Just because your brain is programmed to do mature things more than a child's is, it doesn't automatically make you more psychologically mature than them. That is up to your actions. You can have the brain capacity to do it, but it doesn't mean you always will. On the other end of the spectrum, just because a child isn't fully mature that doesn't mean they can't do a mature action.

I told you that we never said kids can be fully mature. I said they can be mature. You proceeded by saying, "It's either fully mature or not mature". You're wrong. You can be mature and you can be fully mature, or you can not be mature at all. Either way, you can be just a little mature.

And what are your actions controlled by? Oh wait, I sense a pattern.

So you're saying that actions and brain development are the same exact thing? That all adults make mature actions all the time and all children make immature actions all the time?

Yep, I'm in complete agreement with that statement.

Then why do you say kids can't be psychologically mature?

You don't get the point. Age is irrelevant. Just because your brain is programmed to do mature things more than a child's is, it doesn't automatically make you more psychologically mature than them. That is up to your actions. You can have the brain capacity to do it, but it doesn't mean you always will. On the other end of the spectrum, just because a child isn't fully mature that doesn't mean they can't do a mature action.

Wait. Just because your brain is more mature then a child, it doesn't make you more mentally mature then them? I see something wrong with that statement, namely that it directly contradicts itself #-o

Just because they aren't fully mature doesn't mean they can't perform a mature action, something I've agreed with all along. It does, however, mean that they won't and can't think through it in the same way as an adult - a key difference when it comes to difficult decisions with long term consequences.

So you're saying that actions and brain development are the same exact thing?

Nope, I'm saying that brain development is the sole factor affecting actions. Unless you have a previously-unknown organ to point out, I'm afraid the field of science is on my side.

Then why do you say kids can't be psychologically mature?

Because psychological maturity, meaning mental maturity (Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=psychological) is not reached until the full maturation of the frontal lobes, a key component in determining maturity, generally around the age of 25 (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontal_lobe). Since you seem to have a difficult time accepting basic meanings of the English language, I did you a favor and sourced my two points.

DeviledEgg24.png

Wait. Just because your brain is more mature then a child, it doesn't make you more mentally mature then them? I see something wrong with that statement, namely that it directly contradicts itself

Let's compare a 30-year-old mentally handicapped person with the 14-year-old who went to college. Does this mean the 30 year-old is psychologically more mature than the kid?

Why can't you understand that they are separate definitions?

Just because they aren't fully mature doesn't mean they can't perform a mature action, something I've agreed with all along. It does, however, mean that they won't and can't think through it in the same way as an adult - a key difference when it comes to difficult decisions with long term consequences.

It has nothing to do with age. Please understand that. An adult can do something totally immature and a child can do something mature. Adults do immature things like gambling all their money. Kids do mature things like refusing to smoke. Please understand this.

Nope, I'm saying that brain development is the sole factor affecting actions. Unless you have a previously-unknown organ to point out, I'm afraid the field of science is on my side.

I smell another contradiction:

I'm not sure what other meaning can be drawn. As the definition proved, not being determined by age means that age is not the conclusive, end all-be all factor; there are other factors dependent on the individual.

Because psychological maturity, meaning mental maturity (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontal_lobe). Since you seem to have a difficult time accepting basic meanings of the English language, I did you a favor and sourced my two points.

So you believe that children can never respond to a circumstance in an appropriate way? And that adults will always respond appropriately more than children?

You must be the most indecisive person I've met. You change your mind constantly. Either you believe that kids can be mature, accepting the fact that they can respond appropriately or you can believe they can't be mature, meaning you believe they never respond appropriately. Pick.

Let's compare a 30-year-old mentally handicapped person with the 14-year-old who went to college. Does this mean the 30 year-old is psychologically more mature than the kid?

Why can't you understand that they are separate definitions?

Like I said in the first few pages, I'm discussing normal, healthy adults. Injured or disabled people don't qualify.

It has nothing to do with age. Please understand that. An adult can do something totally immature and a child can do something mature. Adults do immature things like gambling all their money. Kids do mature things like refusing to smoke. Please understand this.

It has everything to do with age. Yeah, the outcome may be the same, but the thought processes behind it are not - it's the key distinction that sepreates good and bad choices in children vs. adults. And no, asking me nicely to believe you isn't going to make up for lack of evidence.

I smell another contradiction:

I'm not sure what other meaning can be drawn. As the definition proved, not being determined by age means that age is not the conclusive, end all-be all factor; there are other factors dependent on the individual.

Yep, there are other factors influencing brain maturity other then age - but that has nothing to do with actions. I'm sorry, but your brain controls your actions, period. There isn't some sort of 'maturity gland' near your big toe that takes over for your brain when any actions related to maturity are required =D>

So you believe that children can never respond to a circumstance in an appropriate way? And that adults will always respond appropriately more than children?

Nope, children can respond appropriately and in some cases, even more appropriately then adults. The distinction is in how the decision comes about; only an adult can think through the problem with complete thought patterns as a result of fully developed frontal lobes. Yes, sometimes it ends up with the wrong decision, just as a child may choose the correct one because of immature processes instead of mature ones, but on average the outcomes are more mature.

DeviledEgg24.png

Nope, children can respond appropriately and in some cases, even more appropriately then adults. The distinction is in how the decision comes about; only an adult can think through the problem with complete thought patterns as a result of fully developed frontal lobes. Yes, sometimes it ends up with the wrong decision, just as a child may choose the correct one because of immature processes instead of mature ones, but on average the outcomes are more mature.

Case in point. You just admitted kids can be as mature as adults in the context of actions. You lost the game. \'

Did you realize this was my entire argument?

Case in point. You just admitted kids can be as mature as adults in the context of actions. You lost the game. \'

Who were you arguing against? I've been saying exactly that since page 7.

The only things I were arguing about was that children cannot be as mature as adults, and that children write spammy, wilderness removal threads. I won on both accounts 8-)

DeviledEgg24.png

The only things I were arguing about was that children cannot be as mature as adults, and that children write spammy, wilderness removal threads.

I'm really getting tired of pointing out contradictions that are literally right there.

Oh and let's go back and see what you really said.

You can't generalise and say all people below (insert age) are immature. Mature has several meanings, one meaning you have met full development of your mind (which is what you're talking about) and another is that you think something out fully and carefully before you talk about it (which even 10 year olds can do if they put their mind to it).

No, they can't.

Kids can sometimes act more appropriate than adults, but they can't think carefully before talking about it?

You can be 10 years old and be mature enough to post (not spam) sensible and appropriate replies/topics. Your brain doesn't need to be "fully developed" to post sensible comments. Sure, it is more common for kids to be immature, but more teenagers and even some adults can be immature too.(not in brain development, in actions)

No, it's not. All I'm saying is that the older you are, the more mature you are. It's an undeniable fact, and I don't see how your trying to argue against it. Maturity isn't a switch, it's a level.

Kids can sometimes act more appropriate than adults, but the older you are automatically the more mature you are?

I'm saying kids/teenagers can be as sensible as adults if they want, so it is not fair to blame every single flame/spam post on ALL of them, saying that kids/teenagers are always dumb, immature, etc.

No, they can't. They are not physically as developed as adults. And you STILL have completely managed to avoid pointing out a post with an immature, spammy, flaming adult. Until you do, I shall continue to assume that immature, spammy, flaming posts that aren't even readable for the grammar and spelling errors are made mostly by teens.

Kids can sometimes act more appropriate than adults, but they can't be as sensible as adults?

One last one:

Who were you arguing against? I've been saying exactly that since page 7.

The only things I were arguing about was that children cannot be as mature as adults, and that children write spammy, wilderness removal threads. I won on both accounts 8-)

I said you admit that kids can be as mature as adults. You said you've been saying this. Then you say children cannot be as mature as adults. Pick one and stick with it.

I'm really getting tired of pointing out contradictions that are literally right there.

Where's the contradiction? All I see is one statement saying children cannot be as mature, and another saying they can act as mature. Shall I quote the post where this was settled before?

Oh and let's go back and see what you really said.

I'm waiting with bated breath.

Kids can sometimes act more appropriate than adults, but they can't think carefully before talking about it?

Kids can sometimes act more appropriate than adults, but the older you are automatically the more mature you are?

Yep. The distinction is in how the decision comes about; only an adult can think through the problem with complete thought patterns as a result of fully developed frontal lobes. Yes, sometimes it ends up with the wrong decision, just as a child may choose the correct one because of immature processes instead of mature ones, but on average the outcomes are more mature.

Kids can sometimes act more appropriate than adults, but they can't be as sensible as adults?

Not in the context of maturity; the portions of their brain controlling maturity are not fully developed, and as such cannot processes the information to make an objective decision in the same manner an adult can.

DeviledEgg24.png