Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

*sigh*...i miss those days. good days. i wasn't constantly being hassled because i had a bone spear and thought it was GOOD (true) , but when i started again a couple years later...well...u can imagine the reaction to a lvl 45 with mith med and bone spear. i cant believe the amount of spam language like: (and im just making this up here) omgf wft si wrng with yuo?!!!11?!/ u thnk RS was bettr b4???/!?!? and... constant lvl 5 noobs in bronze asking me to take them somewhere for like 2 gp... and then calling me a noob because i wont...

Paragon.png

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. You are pitting biology against psychology; that issue has yet to be resolved.

Are you kidding me? That issue was resolved decades ago, and work by people like Toga, Miller, and Cohen have continued to demonstrate it. It's easily observed with the Wilson card test. I don't have the credentials nor degrees to argue the issue itself, but I feel confident due to the fact that it has generally been accepted by science as a whole. Unless you can offer me significant evidence in the form of studies or public statements, I'm going to have to side with the field of science on this one.

while im not quite sure wtf ur talking about, i do know that there is the possibility ur wrong. i mean, most ppl in the field of science believe in "global warming"

Paragon.png

while im not quite sure wtf ur talking about, i do know that there is the possibility ur wrong. i mean, most ppl in the field of science believe in "global warming"

I don't believe in it. Are you arguing or agreeing with me? Not that it matters, as you said you 'don't even know what I'm talking about".

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The whole hypothalamic region doesn't apply as much to this debate. We're discussing long term decision making and consequence identification skills; it's unquestionably the frontal lobes, and if they aren't mature your not physically capable of thinking it through in the same manner as an adult. Hence the production of threads like this one.

There is so much more to these complex thinking patterns than just the frontal lobes. Especially decision is based on motivation and emotions, in which many more areas in the brain are used. The limbic system plays an important part.

Also, you can't say it's just the frontal lobes, period. Frontal lobes never do something out of their own, they're always interconnected with something else. Especially the amygdala, which plays a very important role on the prefrontal cortex, aswell as the hippocampus. In fact, when speaking about making decisions, for example, the cingulate gyrus, which is located in the limbic system, plays a predominant role.

Anyways, the reason why I brought up the hypothalamic reagon, is because you were speaking about the influences of the pituitary. The pituitary is the master hormone producing gland in the body, but is directly influenced by the hypothalamus. You can't just speak of the pituitary, because it's always in contect of the whole hypothalamic pituitary axis.

There's also the possibility that you're developmentally delayed. Seriously, what kind of argument is that.

There is so much more to these complex thinking patterns than just the frontal lobes. Especially decision is based on motivation and emotions, in which many more areas in the brain are used. The limbic system plays an important part.

Also, you can't say it's just the frontal lobes, period. Frontal lobes never do something out of their own, they're always interconnected with something else. Especially the amygdala, which plays a very important role on the prefrontal cortex, aswell as the hippocampus. In fact, when speaking about making decisions, for example, the cingulate gyrus, which is located in the limbic system, plays a predominant role.

Anyways, the reason why I brought up the hypothalamic reagon, is because you were speaking about the influences of the pituitary. The pituitary is the master hormone producing gland in the body, but is directly influenced by the hypothalamus. You can't just speak of the pituitary, because it's always in contect of the whole hypothalamic pituitary axis.

Obviously everything is interconnected; I'm simplys aying that it hinges on the frontal lobes. Without full maturation, as reached around age 25, all the sections influencing maturity aren't complete. It's the final step in my statement of a 10 year old not being fully mature.

There's also the possibility that you're developmentally delayed. Seriously, what kind of argument is that.

Thanks for pointing out what I was too polite to say. Browse over to 'lending GE' to see more examples of brilliant counterarguments like "this is again just an idea. i bet uve thought of something that would never work, and i doubt most of anything u support on TIF or RSOF is possible."

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The quotes aren't being repeated, and 1 fact per post is going to make this beat my slayer sucks thread

I've been curious, did you make that thread for the sole purpose of a good argument?

If so, you just invented flamebaitftw :thumbsup:

I should make a movie.

Can I be your hot blonde sidekick?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I've been curious, did you make that thread for the sole purpose of a good argument?

Yep. I love slayer, and I was hoping someone could prove me wrong on my theory that the XP is bad. Pop on over to it, we have a new person who seems determined to present another argument. I quote him:

"That would be 75-90k in a single stat (I just thought I'd do the math for you because it seems that you are extremely dim-witted)"

He's already in the 'think I'm an idiot' stage, so this argument should be a bit faster paced \'

I'm not sure if I should be insulted or feel sorry for him :lol:

Can I be your hot blonde sidekick?

My wife might be offended...

DeviledEgg24.png

Yep. I love slayer, and I was hoping someone could prove me wrong on my theory that the XP is bad. Pop on over to it, we have a new person who seems determined to present another argument. I quote him:

"That would be 75-90k in a single stat (I just thought I'd do the math for you because it seems that you are extremely dim-witted)"

He's already in the 'think I'm an idiot' stage, so this argument should be a bit faster paced \'

I'm not sure if I should be insulted or feel sorry for him :lol:

Cool, I'll check it out. Maybe afterwards he can come with me on the follow comp around agreeing with him stage.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Nah, he pulled the 'all my numbers vanished in a flash of computer dust, now leave me alone' argument when I asked for some proof. It was fun while it lasted :|

DeviledEgg24.png

>.> real mature. no frontal lobes?

Thanks for pointing out what I was too polite to say. Browse over to 'lending GE' to see more examples of brilliant counterarguments like "this is again just an idea. i bet uve thought of something that would never work, and i doubt most of anything u support on TIF or RSOF is possible."

Paragon.png

>.> real mature. no frontal lobes?

Not sure who or what your referring to, but without complete frontal lobe functioning, planning, non task-based long term memory, and possibly basic motor functions would be adversely affected.

DeviledEgg24.png

Why do you keep changing your mind? First you say it isn't your argument, then when I ask why you said, "No they can't" you tell me it was your argument. Make your mind up and be consistent if you want to be taken seriously. Contradicting yourself is counterproductive to the debate.

He pointed out the two types of maturity. There is the physical and the psychological. They are different. Wikipedia proves that psychological maturity does not have to do with age. All he said was that kids can be psychologically mature. You said they can't.

Obviously you are wrong, as it clearly says psychological maturity is not determined by age (there is a correlation, but it is completely possible for children to be mature and adults to be immature).

I haven't changed my mind yet in this argument, all that's happened is that you've completely misunderstood my posts.

He pointed out the two types of maturity. There is the physical and the psychological. They are different. Wikipedia proves that psychological maturity does not have to do with age. All he said was that kids can be psychologically mature. You said they can't.

Now you've resorted to falsifying information. WIkipedia SPECIFICALLY said age was a factor, and it obviously is. How can your mind be mature when your brain isn't fully grown?

Obviously you are wrong, as it clearly says psychological maturity is not determined by age (there is a correlation, but it is completely possible for children to be mature and adults to be immature).

Psychological maturity, meaning "Maturity of the mind". Not only has wikipedia and the 3 other sources I quoted proven you wrong, even your own argument is. How is your mind (psychological) supposed to be mature when your brain isn't? Hello, you mind IS your brain.

DeviledEgg24.png

Learn to read. Wikipedia says age doesn't determine psychological maturity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maturity_(psychological)

Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctual, and is not determined by one's age. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act in serious or non-serious ways.

While it has been shown that older persons are generally more mature, psychological maturity is not determined by one's age.

Psychological maturity, meaning "Maturity of the mind". Not only has wikipedia and the 3 other sources I quoted proven you wrong, even your own argument is. How is your mind (psychological) supposed to be mature when your brain isn't? Hello, you mind IS your brain.

They are two different concepts. Psychological maturity is the way you act and physical maturity in the way your body is. An old man (physically mature) can make an immature act, a kid (physically immature) can make a mature act. Why is this so hard to understand?

Are you really that immature that you can't admit old people can do immature actions?

Not determined by ones age. As in age is not the sole factor. "Maturity of the mind", psychological maturity, has a whole lot to do with how mature your mind is physically.

Are you really that immature that you can't admit old people can do immature actions?

Could you point out the place where I said that? 'Cause I don't remember ever saying that, or even thinking it for that matter. You seem to have a bad habit of telling me I said something I didn't, then promptly ignoring my post when I call you out on it :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Not determined by ones age. As in age is not the sole factor. "Maturity of the mind", psychological maturity, has a whole lot to do with how mature your mind is physically.

And like we said to you tons of times, there is a correlation but it doesn't make it impossible for a child to act mature - which is what you've said.

Could you point out the place where I said that? 'Cause I don't remember ever saying that, or even thinking it for that matter. You seem to have a bad habit of telling me I said something I didn't, then promptly ignoring my post when I call you out on it

I said it was possible for kids to be mature and adults to be immature. You disagreed. You claimed that Wikipedia proved me wrong (even though it did the opposite :lol: ). Why do I have to point out something you just said? Again, does being thick help your cause?

And like we said to you tons of times, there is a correlation but it doesn't make it impossible for a child to act mature - which is what you've said.

Nope, that's not what I've said. Actually, I've SPECIFICALLY said that children can act mature. Again, stop trying to pretend I said things I didn't.

I said it was possible for kids to be mature and adults to be immature. You disagreed. You claimed that Wikipedia proved me wrong (even though it did the opposite :lol: ). Why do I have to point out something you just said? Again, does being thick help your cause?

I do disagree, and wikipedia (as well as the alternate sources I linked to) disagree. It is impossible for children to be mature; their brains have not fully developed. It's a scientific fact, I'm afraid you'll have a hard time arguing against it :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

I do disagree, and wikipedia (as well as the alternate sources I linked to) disagree. It is impossible for children to be mature; their brains have not fully developed. It's a scientific fact, I'm afraid you'll have a hard time arguing against it

Nope, that's not what I've said. Actually, I've SPECIFICALLY said that children can act mature. Again, stop trying to pretend I said things I didn't.

Am I the only person here who sees the contradiction? You flat out contradicted yourself this time. How are you gonna hide now? =D>

I do disagree, and wikipedia (as well as the alternate sources I linked to) disagree. It is impossible for children to be mature; their brains have not fully developed. It's a scientific fact, I'm afraid you'll have a hard time arguing against it

Am I the only person here who sees the contradiction? You flat out contradicted yourself this time. How are you gonna hide now? =D>

Being mature and acting maturely are different things.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

but it doesn't make it impossible for a child to act mature

Possible for kids to be mature and adults to be immature

I've spent 3 pages telling you this. How many times must you ignore it?

DeviledEgg24.png

Are you serious?

Yep

What is the difference between being mature and acting mature?

One is when a 'mature' decision is reached simply due to short term reasoning and incomplete thought processes (Smoke the cigarette -> parents will kill me when I get home), and the other is a 'mature' decision reached due to long term consequence recognition and mature thought patterns (Smoke the cigarette -> develop a higher risk of lung cancer in my old age). Both have the same apparent outcome, but one indicates mental maturity and the other does not.

Is being bad and acting bad different too then?

Depends. The best parallel I can draw to our thought processes->physical maturity debate is in relation to the motives. If the motives behind 'acting bad' are for a good cause, it's certainly very different then if the motives behind 'being bad' are simply bad.

DeviledEgg24.png

One is when a 'mature' decision is reached simply due to short term reasoning and incomplete thought processes (Smoke the cigarette -> parents will kill me when I get home), and the other is a 'mature' decision reached due to long term consequence recognition and mature thought patterns (Smoke the cigarette -> develop a higher risk of lung cancer in my old age). Both have the same apparent outcome, but one indicates mental maturity and the other does not.

You didn't answer the question... at all. Again, what is the difference between acting and being mature? If one makes a mature action, they are being mature and they are acting mature. There's no other way to put it. Stop manipulating the English language.

act - a state of real existence rather than possibility

be - to have an objective existence : have reality or actuality

Aw, what do you know? Dictionaries prove you wrong again. I suggest you stop making up your own definitions and actually go by the book. Everyone else seems to conform to the simple laws of English. Join us!!

Depends. The best parallel I can draw to our thought processes->physical maturity debate is in relation to the motives. If the motives behind 'acting bad' are for a good cause, it's certainly very different then if the motives behind 'being bad' are simply bad.

You have a hard time answering questions, don't you?

So what do you say? To be relevant or not to be relevant.

You didn't answer the question... at all. Again, what is the difference between acting and being mature? If one makes a mature action, they are being mature and they are acting mature. There's no other way to put it. Stop manipulating the English language.

Why do you have such a hard time accepting that you don't always know what everyone means? I provided a clear example, I guess I'll reword it again.

Being mature implies that thought processes behind a decision are the same as a normal, fully mature adults and follow the pattern of a fully developed brain. Acting mature implies that the thought processes behind the decision are short term and not based on fully mature reasoning and logic, but the results appear the same.

You have a hard time answering questions, don't you?

Not at all. Not only did I answer the question completely, I provided an example to help you out. If you still don't get it, re read it aloud very slowly until you do. No one else seems to be having a problem understanding it, and I've dumbed it down as much as I can without obscuring my argument. If you honestly can't understand what I'm saying, then I would recommend asking for help from another person who does; moad seems to get what I'm trying to say, perhaps he could explain it in another way for you if you asked him nicely in a PM. I'm afraid I've tried to explain it to you in every way I can, and I'm not sure why everyone but you can understand it.

DeviledEgg24.png

Why do you have such a hard time accepting that you don't always know what everyone means? I provided a clear example, I guess I'll reword it again.

In a world where "No they can't" = "Yes they can" but "acting" =/= "being" it's kind of hard to make sense out of anything you say at the point. ;)

Being mature implies that thought processes behind a decision are the same as a normal, fully mature adults and follow the pattern of a fully developed brain. Acting mature implies that the thought processes behind the decision are short term and not based on fully mature reasoning and logic, but the results appear the same.

Ah, so by "acting" you think it means "pretending". So every kid that refuses a cig is "pretending" to be mature? That is seriously your argument? :lol:

act - a state of real existence rather than possibility

be - to have an objective existence : have reality or actuality