Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

Meh, I do see that not many people talk these days... Back in 2005 when I was playing actively everyone would always talk at yews, in the fishing guild etc... Now it's like they're all bots, not all the time but there's significantly less talking which does upset me. Community interaction... Dying.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I do see that not many people talk these days... Back in 2005 when I was playing actively everyone would always talk at yews, in the fishing guild etc... Now it's like they're all bots, not all the time but there's significantly less talking which does upset me. Community interaction... Dying.

maybe because most of the people with enough intelligence to chat have figured out that chopping yews or fishing at the fishing guild are stupid things to do

maybe because most of the people with enough intelligence to chat have figured out that chopping yews or fishing at the fishing guild are stupid things to do

Not if there F2p (to the yews)

Just because fishing and WC aren't efficient...doesn't mean any less ammount of people do it nowadays...more people do it now then 5 years ago because...well, there's more people. Just nobody talks now, they're either in a clan chat talking to them with Public off, or on hide so they don't notice. Talking on voice softwares like Ventrillo and Skype, multitasking, or...just bots.

It's not like people slaying are all that talkative either, and slayer isn't a stupid thing to do :rolleyes:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Training on monkfish still offers a decent GP/xp ratio for those not wanting to drop trout/salmon all day, yet hardly anyone talks there. It's practically a morgue up in Piscatoris most of the time unless a star happens to drop at the iron mine. Half of them are bots, the other half are 'multitasking' (I hate this term).

On the original topic:

I lol'd at this thread. Really, I know plenty of 15 year olds and younger who are perfectly fine. They don't make the gaming experience worse for anyone.

Now, guess my age. Am I 18? 16? No, I'm 13. Look, it's a 13 year old who uses proper grammar, doesn't swear in game or call other people noobs, is a mature person (ask anyone in the clan I'm in) and doesn't use l33tspeak. I've just rendered that part pointless. Congratulations.

I've been playing on/off for around 4 years. I caught the end of free trade and wildy so I know what it's like. I'm working on my combat stats at the moment so I can neutralize some of the tweens you are talking about :)

Actually by the way you posted that message, I would've guessed you're around the age 15. Really the post is more or less "made" (not sure what the correct english word is) maturity.. Not natural maturity.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• 2 weeks later...

It is truly sad...seeing as back in the day, you'd train and talk, and possibly learn something. Heck, the people I fished with as a noob opened up a football/hockey pool on runescape back then...darn bears lost me 50k...lol

div>

On the original topic:

I lol'd at this thread. Really, I know plenty of 15 year olds and younger who are perfectly fine. They don't make the gaming experience worse for anyone.

Now, guess my age. Am I 18? 16? No, I'm 13. Look, it's a 13 year old who uses proper grammar, doesn't swear in game or call other people noobs, is a mature person (ask anyone in the clan I'm in) and doesn't use l33tspeak. I've just rendered that part pointless. Congratulations.

I've been playing on/off for around 4 years. I caught the end of free trade and wildy so I know what it's like. I'm working on my combat stats at the moment so I can neutralize some of the tweens you are talking about :)

Actually by the way you posted that message, I would've guessed you're around the age 15. Really the post is more or less "made" (not sure what the correct english word is) maturity.. Not natural maturity.

I think your trying to say it's artificial maturity rather then natural maturity? (Artificial is the opposite of natural.)

Real or not....ehh, yeah, not all 13 year olds are bad and immature, but it's a fairly good generalization that the younger the person is, the more likely they'll use leetspeak, omit proper grammer and be more rude in game. Note that I made a distinction between being rude and swearing. A person could easily be very offensive to someone without using any technical swears and be very immature about it; older people are just as likely to swear if they get angry about something imo.

The real trick to swearing, btw, is just spell it correctly so no one can report you ;)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Surely if you have learnt to live with the immature people in real life you should have no problems putting up with them in an online scenario. After all, every "type"; I use type very cautiously as I myself do not label players, we are all on the same boat but to my point. Every type of player you will see inside Runescape, you will be able to find their kind of self in a real life situation (Beggars, Scammers, Trollers).... But ask yourself this. Next time you walk down your towns high street and see a man in a shop doorway, wrapped up in a sleeping bag, a hat out for spare change to get himself a sandwich for breakfast or to feed his dog, Would you call him a noob like you would a beggar in Runescape. Sometimes you need to think, are these people the problem, or is it my prejudices* getting in the way.

Just my opinion.

mr%20monky.png

"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

theres a difference between begging for food because they have an addiction or stress problems or nowhere else to go, and begging on an online game for something that even at low levels can easily be made with a bit of common sense.

theres no reason for anyone not mentally challenged to beg for money.

they'll earn more money cutting trees, which although level 1, can be sold for 60gp+ at the moment, than they would begging for the same amount of time.

It would atleast help if they could spell, have manners and put a sentence complete with punctuation together.