Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game changed. Time changed. Players changed. Just go with the flow, because there is nothing you can do about it. Whining and B... just make you look like a childish kid/flame by others.

OP, I feel what you're saying, since I am a veteran player myself.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

One could argue the same for the current times being greater.

1. Higher graphics

2. More skills

3. More players

4. More minigames

5. More weapons

6. More money making methods

7. More music

8. More quests

9. More jagex staff

10. Magic is cheap

11. There is better armour than rune.

12. Slayer (It's so good I listed it even though I've already mentioned new skills)

13. More areas

14. Pets

15. Player owned houses

16. Pvp worlds, bounty worlds and bounty +1 worlds, so you chose if you get slaughtered by other players

17. More worlds

18. Membership and member's content

19. Achievement diaries

20. More popularity, it's generally considered to the wider community that runescape at the present time is greater than it was in 2004 and before

There are 20 reasons for you why present runescape is better than runescape of the past.

Also, just because someone is younger than you, it doesn't neccisarily imply that they are mentally inferior to you, so can we please stop discussing that.

"There are 20 reasons for you why present runescape is better than runescape of the past."

Your reasons are opinons NOT facts.

Also were you even a player back then? I would think it's hard to judge something when you haven't even played through it.

In many ways the game now and the game before that the OP is talking about are different games.

The community back then had far more respect, now I find that newer players tend to be demanding and spoiled, they want everything and just brush off higher lvl players who have played the game and acheived something as "no lifes".

You list slayer as a favorite skill.

When it came out the best weapons we had were dragon ones. (whips were expensive to begin with)

Slayer used to more challenging, now it's another skill thats been made easier.

Hands down the skill was much more fun when it was a challenge, now slayer exp rates are too good, we have better weapons, slayer points, good prayers, summon, effigies, gravestones, can cancel tasks etc.

One could argue the same for the current times being greater.

1. Higher graphics

2. More skills

3. More players

4. More minigames

5. More weapons

6. More money making methods

7. More music

8. More quests

9. More jagex staff

10. Magic is cheap

11. There is better armour than rune.

12. Slayer (It's so good I listed it even though I've already mentioned new skills)

13. More areas

14. Pets

15. Player owned houses

16. Pvp worlds, bounty worlds and bounty +1 worlds, so you chose if you get slaughtered by other players

17. More worlds

18. Membership and member's content

19. Achievement diaries

20. More popularity, it's generally considered to the wider community that runescape at the present time is greater than it was in 2004 and before

There are 20 reasons for you why present runescape is better than runescape of the past.

Also, just because someone is younger than you, it doesn't neccisarily imply that they are mentally inferior to you, so can we please stop discussing that.

"There are 20 reasons for you why present runescape is better than runescape of the past."

Your reasons are opinons NOT facts.

Also were you even a player back then? I would think it's hard to judge something when you haven't even played through it.

In many ways the game now and the game before that the OP is talking about are different games.

The community back then had far more respect, now I find that newer players tend to be demanding and spoiled, they want everything and just brush off higher lvl players who have played the game and acheived something as "no lifes".

You list slayer as a favorite skill.

When it came out the best weapons we had were dragon ones. (whips were expensive to begin with)

Slayer used to more challenging, now it's another skill thats been made easier.

Hands down the skill was much more fun when it was a challenge, now slayer exp rates are too good, we have better weapons, slayer points, good prayers, summon, effigies, gravestones, can cancel tasks etc.

i thnk the community back than was as rotten as it is today. the community now is just larger,so there is more tards.

Wow I don't know who is moronic enough to bump this thread up again...

Anyways, people need to stop living in the past. You can never go back in time to change what is happening.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

This topic deserves to be bumped - it's a rant for the ages.

As Jagex has laughed all the way to the bank, however, I feel it's a bit like shouting into a hurricane.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

The removal of free trade and the wilderness was just a matter of time given the circumstances. I agree that RS has been taken a turn for the worst in the last 2 years but Jagex's goal is to make money. If 'bad updates' are going to cause them to get more money why would it make sense to stop updating the game the way they are doing now?

There is a way to block users. Where it says "Signed in as Ring World", click the arrow and choose manage ignored users.

Sword is a troll

e: BotSlayer_Leader_Sw0rd95 is a troll

This thread needs to stop getting bumped it's [bleep]ing stupid

I haven't been on here for so long, and I haven't even played RS since about 2 years before summoning came out. This post really brought back a lot of memories lol. The game was the best in 06.. ah well.

EnEx.png

Fire cape owner since September 25th, 2006.

There is a way to block users. Where it says "Signed in as Ring World", click the arrow and choose manage ignored users.

Theres a problem with that, it still says "you have blocked this users posts, do you wish too see?"

Naturally out of curiositys sake, you say yes, i do wish too see. And that kinda defeats the whole purpose of blocking it in the first place.

*Believe me, i tried blocking rag[bleep]dazzle.

O.O

We all still play so we cant complain

And yeh i do hate the fact that i dont get to see the other players hard earned armour and weapons

which i rightly deserved after killing him but oh well its not the end of the world i guess.

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

• 4 months later...

Yay, finally old wildy and free trade is coming back! No need for this thread anymore, right?

However, there's still the problem of Jagex managing to get this transition done right. If all this does is mess up the game even more, then Jagex has just taken two steps backwards again.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

[sarcasm] I can't wait to massacred by [cabbage]headed pkers in the wildy. Woo-hoo, happy days. [/sarcasm]

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Well guys, I'm back after a long break from these forums. Simply blown away with what this has turned into. Thanks for all of your input...I'll post a longer response after I read at least some of the 41 pages this has turned into ;)

Eatrunearrow.png

Whoa, it's been nearly 2 years since you posted this thread. I didn't think you would come back and check either!

Are you and other veterans excited about the return of the great stuff? Yes I know I came after the wildy/trade shutdown, but it still looks good to me :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

On the original topic:

I lol'd at this thread. Really, I know plenty of 15 year olds and younger who are perfectly fine. They don't make the gaming experience worse for anyone.

Now, guess my age. Am I 18? 16? No, I'm 13. Look, it's a 13 year old who uses proper grammar, doesn't swear in game or call other people noobs, is a mature person (ask anyone in the clan I'm in) and doesn't use l33tspeak. I've just rendered that part pointless. Congratulations.

I've been playing on/off for around 4 years. I caught the end of free trade and wildy so I know what it's like. I'm working on my combat stats at the moment so I can neutralize some of the tweens you are talking about :)

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Of course!! Haha I had forgot all about this once college really set in... I've been playing Runescape casually over the past few years but it's never fully been the same to me... Extremely excited to see Runescape returned to it's former glory... well at least to an extent. ;)

Whoa, it's been nearly 2 years since you posted this thread. I didn't think you would come back and check either!

Are you and other veterans excited about the return of the great stuff? Yes I know I came after the wildy/trade shutdown, but it still looks good to me :thumbsup:

Eatrunearrow.png

I suppose I should make the statement that not everyone 13 or under is immature... but at the time when I posted this I'm sure you can understand why it was easy to make such a statement...

On the original topic:

I lol'd at this thread. Really, I know plenty of 15 year olds and younger who are perfectly fine. They don't make the gaming experience worse for anyone.

Now, guess my age. Am I 18? 16? No, I'm 13. Look, it's a 13 year old who uses proper grammar, doesn't swear in game or call other people noobs, is a mature person (ask anyone in the clan I'm in) and doesn't use l33tspeak. I've just rendered that part pointless. Congratulations.

I've been playing on/off for around 4 years. I caught the end of free trade and wildy so I know what it's like. I'm working on my combat stats at the moment so I can neutralize some of the tweens you are talking about :)

Eatrunearrow.png