Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

eatrunearrow.

That was the perfect post. You have summed up my feelings on the move from Runescape to whatever is now.

I remember RSC vividly. I only made it to level 53 or so before the move to RS2 but those ~50 levels provided more fun than the few months I've been here since taking a nearly 2 year break.

Imagine selling a green mask for 350k nowadays. It was one of the last things I did before RS2 took over.

Also, The reason I quit was because of the community. It turned to everyone hating everyone else. Much of that can still be seen even in the posts above mine.

The RS players nowadays can never know what it was like back then. Before it was saturated with content.

It was probably around the time when 90% of the finnish players left. Those crazy finns. ;)

Community worsened? So the departure of lurers and scammers worsened the community? Wow.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I really have to agree with in this rant is the place of common sense with players. Honestly, people these days expect to have the game hold their hand and walk them through the entire playing process. I encounter people all of the time who say that "I dun no how 2 do this quest" or something of the like. People constantly moan about how they are poor, and how things are so hard.

They're not. Living in this game back then was harder, yes, but it did fill you with that sense of satisfaction. I think that feeling is what the creator of the thread is trying to say is missing from the game nowadays.

---

No signature for now.

>_>

---

Could be, no idea. I am saying that 15 year olds are generally immature, some more then others.

im 15 and have far more real life experience than you

Well he said it on the internet so it must be true! emot-pseudo.gif

i just realized it was posted a while ago, myb he grew up and finally quit runescape after 47 child hating years ?

I think you just prove his theory... For the info, he's still playing and still probably wiser than your immense real life experience.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

That was the perfect post. You have summed up my feelings on the move from Runescape to whatever is now.

The perfect post? Well at least you cleared up from the start that you have no idea what you're talking about. I have to admire your desire to convenience others.

I remember RSC vividly. I only made it to level 53 or so before the move to RS2 but those ~50 levels provided more fun than the few months I've been here since taking a nearly 2 year break.

So you had more fun walking through the wilderness than you had in the current version of the game? Much like Eatrunearrow, if you're going to take a tiny part of the game and make it your sole purpose for playing, you're bound to be disappointed when it changes in a direction you don't like.

Imagine selling a green mask for 350k nowadays. It was one of the last things I did before RS2 took over.

Green masks were 350k back in 2004? Boy did I scam someone.

Also, The reason I quit was because of the community. It turned to everyone hating everyone else. Much of that can still be seen even in the posts above mine.

I was here in the Classic community, and the community as a whole hasn't changed much, apart from getting a lot bigger. The community feels more negative because there are a lot more, so while the quiet majority has stayed quiet, the loud minority has just gotten louder because they have gained mass.

The RS players nowadays can never know what it was like back then. Before it was saturated with content.

If you quit an MMO because it changes over time, then you have no business playing MMOs. All MMOs change a lot over time, they are by design an unfinished product that continues to be developed and improved, whatever sectors of the community think. Even World of Warcraft has changed pretty drastically over time, in terms of game mechanics.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

One thing I really have to agree with in this rant is the place of common sense with players. Honestly, people these days expect to have the game hold their hand and walk them through the entire playing process. I encounter people all of the time who say that "I dun no how 2 do this quest" or something of the like. People constantly moan about how they are poor, and how things are so hard.

They're not. Living in this game back then was harder, yes, but it did fill you with that sense of satisfaction. I think that feeling is what the creator of the thread is trying to say is missing from the game nowadays.

People expect quests to hold their hand and walk them through? Hah. Then why are the quests continually getting harder and more challenging? Most high-levels don't rant a lot about difficulty of quests.

Those noobs who say "I don't know how to do this quest" were there in RSC, but it's just that the community size has increased drastically and so they have become much more common.

Good god. This topic is still going? I thought it died several months ago.

Your post moved the thread up by a significant number of threads... <_< You're helping to keep it alive.

Don't call me a hypocrite - when I posted the thread was at the top so I didn't really "bump" it.

Type "R.I.P Runescape" in your notes. Text that will appear is "reputedly the dead ones live longer."

Thats all i have to say.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Type "R.I.P Runescape" in your notes. Text that will appear is "reputedly the dead ones live longer."

Thats all i have to say.

awesome

Amen brother. All these noobs practically ate scams anyways....

Noob:I'll do anything for money.

SmartPerson(TakesAdvantage of the willing): Give me your armour, and I will turn it to rune.

Noob: Yay

SmartPerson: log off and count to 60

Noob: Does what he says logs off forgets the guys name while other guy puts him on ignore list and runs

I was in the 4th grade when i started playing, now in 9th and i quit for about 2-3 years and a few months everynow and then to come back to some freaking kid like game.

This isn't teaching kids anything. People get scammed all the time, this will help them to learn not to be fooled. Now they will fall into traps. Also wtf with the ditch its not like the wild is

dangerous anymore. I miss running away from some pure shooting spells at me just to make it out of wild. Atleast pvp is somewhat of an ok update. Just gets crowded....

SmartPerson(TakesAdvantage of the willing): Give me your armour, and I will turn it to rune.

Noob: Does what he says logs off forgets the guys name while other guy puts him on ignore list and runs

I was in the 4th grade when i started playing, now in 9th and i quit for about 2-3 years and a few months everynow and then to come back to some freaking kid like game.

This isn't teaching kids anything. People get scammed all the time, this will help them to learn not to be fooled. Now they will fall into traps. Also wtf with the ditch its not like the wild is

dangerous anymore. I miss running away from some pure shooting spells at me just to make it out of wild. Atleast pvp is somewhat of an ok update. Just gets crowded....

No one asked for real-life lessons to be inculcated into computer games. Seriously, we already have enough of "educational" games which are completely idiotic.

So someone who wears a shiny watch and walks into an alley at night deserves to be robbed?

No one asked for real-life lessons to be inculcated into computer games. Seriously, we already have enough of "educational" games which are completely idiotic.

So someone who wears a shiny watch and walks into an alley at night deserves to be robbed?

Uhh...... Ya. Besides these noobs deserved it. It's called PLAY THE GAME, not BEG NOOBS FOR MONEY. Really if you go up to someone and say will you hold 1mil in CASH what do you think will happen?

Uhh...... Ya. Besides these noobs deserved it. It's called PLAY THE GAME, not BEG NOOBS FOR MONEY. Really if you go up to someone and say will you hold 1mil in CASH what do you think will happen?

Someone has suicided over this matter you know...

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

*sigh* you just repeated the sad story of runescape which i have watched with dismay over the years. And yes i still remember mass questiing and going to The mansion and trying to figure out with like 35+ other people how to get that darned oil can. :D

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

*sigh* you just repeated the sad story of runescape which i have watched with dismay over the years. And yes i still remember mass questiing and going to The mansion and trying to figure out with like 35+ other people how to get that darned oil can. :D

I dont care is people suicide. It's not my fault they obviously are stupid. Suicide isn't something to be sad of because they wanted to die. Be happy for em.

The point is no one is going to ask someone to hold 1 million in cash for you. Don't try to exaggerate your stupid examples.

Whereas wearing a shiny watch and taking a shortcut through an alley after a movie is a realistic real-life situation.

And since when did I talk about beggars? Don't try to sidetract. And are you so sure there weren't any beggars in RSC? Where's your evidence? Show me a picture of Lumbridge in RSC where there weren't any beggars (at a reasonable time, don't take a picture at 3pm in the afternoon). Why should I believe you, especially on the internet, when you haven't shown me any proof?

I dont care is people suicide. It's not my fault they obviously are stupid. Suicide isn't something to be sad of because they wanted to die. Be happy for em.

And this, my friends, is why we can't have nice things. And also why they don't allow ten year olds to work as psychiatrists.

"I'm depressed about my life."

"lol kill urself."

emot-frogout.gif

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

And this, my friends, is why we can't have nice things. And also why they don't allow ten year olds to work as psychiatrists.

"lol kill urself."

emot-frogout.gif

Nice one.

"lol kill urself."

emot-frogout.gif

Nice one.

hahahahahaha siggied, i love omali :)

• 1 month later...

The Nintendo Wii is an excellent example. So many games that are bent on fitness and educational purposes. Complete bullcrap.

• 4 months later...

The point is no one is going to ask someone to hold 1 million in cash for you. Don't try to exaggerate your stupid examples.

Whereas wearing a shiny watch and taking a shortcut through an alley after a movie is a realistic real-life situation.

That's not comparable to scamming in Runescape. In Runescape, people can't take anything from you unless you purposely give it to them.

Runescape is still a great game, but a bit worse than before. The community isn't the problem, it's the Grand Exchange and the trade limits.

o lawd

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge