Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

Ever game with small amounts of people have a reasonably smart community, as games get larger, the game deteriorates.

Exactly, every game does it. You know, in lets say five years time, you will have people saying how good of a game it was back in 09.

kwatsv-1.jpg

Thanks to LowFatMilk for the sig

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the wilderness now. No more people killing non-PvP wilderness players. Runite mining was EXTREMELY risky back when PKing still exists, because PKers camp there, waiting for the runite miners. Other things, like killing green dragons and greater demons, had extremely high risk as well. At the very least, revenants can be out-run, so they are less dangerous than PKers. If they only put PvP wildy in select worlds (like the current Bounty worlds), then I'm happy. Otherwise, no.

Risk vs Rewards

The old wildy was more balanced in terms of if you wanted the reward you had to risk death from player killers.

Back then there were far fewer runite rocks as well.

I enjoyed the challenge of skilling in the old wildy, it made abyss runecrafting more interesting. It was easy not to die if you knew what you were doing.

Charging my god staffs while dodging mage bank pkers was also exciting.

The whole point of the wildy was danger. Now the wildy is just an extended safe zone in non-pvp worlds, revenants are no replacement for intelligent pkers who were deadly.

The wildy is boring now.

[hide]

Can this thread just DIE now? This is obviously another troll topic, and yet there is still insane amounts of discussion. -.-

It's a rant, for venting frustration...

I obviously know that.

However, TC made some very invalid points, such as the community. Excuse me, how is the community filled with "immature" people? Just about everybody that I have met are NOT players that behave like 6-year-old children, yet TC thinks that Miniclip, AddictingGames, etc. made the community immature. All I have to say is, fail stereotyping. -.-

I'm a 13-year-old player, yet I do not act like some immature kid. TC obviously thinks he is superior to the most of the RS community just because he started in 2004.

Yes, you do. You fail to even acknowledge his points. How is this obviously another troll topic? And how are his points invalid?

Btw, the community IS filled with immature people. Just that on TIF, it's relatively better. Also, TC has the right to think he is superior because he started earlier. Although not in terms of skill, or whatever, i mean in terms of what he has gone through over the years. He obviously has more experience than you do on the topic of PvP. All the posts you have made regarding pvp goes like this "Pvp is garbage, the people doing it is garbage, I can't believe it's still in the game". WTF? And you think you're mature?

Btw, I'm 16 and I'm not mature, neither is around 99% of the teenage population.

You made quite a bunch of immature posts that failed to acknowledge my points too, earlier on. Ok, I'm not saying I'm mature or anything, but in those posts I explained CLEARLY to you why Jagex has to act fast to fix RWT, instead of spending half a year thinking of a solution, yet you ignored my points and continued to make your own claims and criticise Jagex for being too rash, etc.

Anyway, this conversation isn't and won't be going anywhere, so why don't we just cut it off?

Hey man, I gave my reasons for thinking that Jagex was hasty and that they could've done a better job. I "ignored" your points because I believed Jagex could've done way better. Seriously, you want to tell me multi-way Bounty Hunter was a well thought out solution? But I'm reading Sonic's posts, and all he says is "Damn, I don't even know why pvp still exists, its garbage."

You COMPLETELY ignored my posts regarding WHY Jagex had to be hasty and act quickly. I've already said that they had banks threatening to sue them and ban their customers from using their credit cards to buy membership. If you were in their shoes, would you risk being SUED by the banks and have your customers be unable to buy membership through credit cards INSTEAD of just removing the root source of the problem which would result in just minor loss of business compared to if they had not stopped RWTing and get sued?

I never said Bounty Hunter was a damned good solution or anything like that. I'm just saying Jagex had the right to be hasty, as I've explained above. Bounty Hunter was a temporary solution just for the sake of "replacing" the wilderness, though I can't say it did its job well.

[/hide]

OK, I did. But maybe because I overestimated Jagex. I thought that if the problem was so big, they should've put it as priority one. There is no way that BH was the result of putting the problem as priority #1. I don't think the banks told Jagex on Dec 1st, they would've at least given them a heads up, because RWT was a big part of the game for a long time.

[hide]

"The normal RS players" are not mature. If you want to tell me "OMG UR so pro have my babiesssss's" or "safer" etc is mature....

Also, I'm not going to call you a BH noob, what is a BH noob? I'm not saying why you can't dislike Pvp, you can. You can say pvp is garbage, but your reason? From what I've read on multiple topics, you think all of pvp is full of whiners. Well guess what, the entire RuneScape is full of whiners. Disconnecting, fine, I've disconnected countless times. Also, I don't like the current pvp either. But you should know that the old pvp was not at all like this current one, although "full of whiners" like everywhere else, the system was working well, not the crap 76k'ing we have going on today. So I don't know why your bashing the old wilderness, and the people who like it.

Lastly, this might be a little troll-ish, but it's the rants forum. Even though Jagex has said it a million times, does't mean they are always right. Do you see all this inflation going on? Well, why? Because they haven't thought through the changes needed for Pvp. They are HASTY, coming up with new updates that DON'T work. There are so many good suggestions (including one in the current Tip.It times) but Jagex isn't listening, that's why this topic still exists.

I've never met anyone who says the first sentence. The people who I talk to are all pretty nice. Usually, I talk about what levels we are, good luck with your goals, and even have a nice chat with some of the other players. Then again, I almost always skill when playing, and not go to places like Lumbridge and chat/waste my time.

When I PvP, I hardly hear people calling me safer either. It's probably because I always play offensively. I noticed offensive play is favored, so that's why I always play like that.

I prefer the wilderness now. No more people killing non-PvP wilderness players. Runite mining was EXTREMELY risky back when PKing still exists, because PKers camp there, waiting for the runite miners. Other things, like killing green dragons and greater demons, had extremely high risk as well. At the very least, revenants can be out-run, so they are less dangerous than PKers. If they only put PvP wildy in select worlds (like the current Bounty worlds), then I'm happy. Otherwise, no.

Also, I hate the PK whiners, because Jagex has already stated the RWT problem we have right now. Jagex is being hasty, because of those whiners. If they did not whine, then all this problem in PvP would not be here. 76K'ing is a terrible system, but was rushed to be put in. Reason being? Extreme demand about getting old wilderness back.

The inflation that you are talking about is caused by artifacts, which add existing GP into the game. If Jagex removed those from the game, then the prices won't rise as much and inflation won't be so much of a problem.

You double-posted btw.

[/hide]

Ok, then you've been pretty lucky. Or maybe you haven't played this game long enough to realise. I play with my public chat turned off at high population places because of the kind of people i mentioned.

Also, how is Jagex being hasty because of "whiners"? First, they removed the wildy, THEN people whined. How can they whine when the old wildy was still there?

You have to understand how I think jagex is hasty. I thought they were hasty because of the first replacement for the old wildy - multi way BH, it was a mess. I wasn't the only one who hated it.

The system we have now could be near awesome if only we got rid of 76king, the inflation is terrible.

Staurolite.png

Yes, RWT was a problem in RuneScape for quite a long time before Dec 2007, but at that point it became more serious or whatever, causing the banks to THREATEN Jagex just before that time. Maybe they had plans to fix RWT in a less drastic manner, but because banks were threatening them, they had to make a quick and drastic move to curb RWT.

"PK whiners"... I'm not into PKing but I can understand their point of view. Might as well call me a "quest whiner" and call others "community whiners".

You see, this game IS becoming more and more noob friendly and it IS bringing more and more immature kids. For example, long ago people could actually quest without guides and all these ridiculous warnings everywhere, if you were stupid you'd get killed in a dangerous area and if you were an immature kid you'd get disgusted enough to leave the game, and in the wilderness it was the same thing. The old system filtered out many "noobs". You could go around and talk with people easily, get to team up for a quest or PKing to have fun with friends or even people you barely knew, because the game didn't make immature player's life easy.

In these days, not only you just don't risk dieing in freeplay cause of the massive amount of warnings spammed everywhere, but also people don't seem to be able to even need to think to actually play. That's why so many braindead players come in and ruin the community more, leaving people outside of Runescape to go like "rofl this game is for noobs". I mean honnestly, people can't even do those beginner freeplay quests without guides, that's just ridiculous. "Do it by yourself" ceased to exist, it's just more and more databases and walkthroughs for almost everything you can do in game. You can't make up your own strategy in PVP because every single build, tactic, lure is known, you can't team up for a quest and have more fun because everyone is braindead and claims to "not be able to think", hell you can't talk to most people in game because they'll proceed to bragging about their skills if possible, call you a no-life if you have better gear, skills or quest points because you've been there for longer or just tell you to shut up because they don't "talk to strangers".

Obviously I agree RWT had to be removed, thus giving away items or losing expensive items to others in the wilderness had to be removed, but I don't see how the wilderness ditch, guards everywhere, guides everywhere interfer with this. That argument is invalid.

Crap... why did I forget to mention noob-friendly things?

You are right then. Newbie gates, guards and such were very unnecessary things. Warnings get in the way, but there is always the option to turn them off. Still, like newbie gates, they are very unnecessary and I would like to see them removed.

I did all the F2P quests without guides btw. Ernest the Chicken was the hardest because of all those levers, it took me half an hour to get the oil can. Dragon Slayer was also hard because of Melzar's Maze. I kept entering the wrong door for some reason.

Also, I do chat to people in game, but mostly while skilling. Most don't really act like braggers, no-lifers, or those other things. People always look upon the immature players and judge the RS community that way, when there are other players ingame that are not braindead.

Ok, then you've been pretty lucky. Or maybe you haven't played this game long enough to realise. I play with my public chat turned off at high population places because of the kind of people i mentioned.

Also, how is Jagex being hasty because of "whiners"? First, they removed the wildy, THEN people whined. How can they whine when the old wildy was still there?

You have to understand how I think jagex is hasty. I thought they were hasty because of the first replacement for the old wildy - multi way BH, it was a mess. I wasn't the only one who hated it.

The system we have now could be near awesome if only we got rid of 76king, the inflation is terrible.

Umm, what I meant was, after Jagex removed the wildy, the whiners all said "bring wildy back!", therefore Jagex rushed to put Bounty Hunter in.

And, imo, 76k-ing should be changed to 5m-ing, because the most expensive artifact gives you a reward of 5m. Either that, or remove artifacts from the game altogether.

And yes, I've been lucky in my (nearly) 2 years of playing.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.. I have a lot to say about this.

I've played since 2002. Back then, I was not that old, I didn't know about the halloween events and christmas events, so I did not receive any of the special gifts that were given out. But why does it matter now?, since I can just go buy an account for $60, right?

Wrong.

This game used to be so great. That is until stupid kids ruined it.

Just a foreward, I was not that old, I was scammed multiple times since I did not have that much knowledge of player interaction and theifery, but I never ranted. I reported the person and brushed it off.

I remember back in the day, when runescape 1 was out and in its prime. Fresh out of Lumbridge, there were no quest guides around this time, or not of any that I was aware of. Me and my brother spent hours on Ernest the Chicken. The game was challenging. We didn't complain. We enjoyed the challenge. That is the point of a game, right? A challenge that is possible to overcome, quite fairly and easily, and there were different difficulties of challenges, some harder than others.

There was the distinct boundary of noob and pro. One was the level of course. The other was determined by combat. Just right click on someone, and request a duel. (Yes, you could duel anywhere!, but when you died, you went to Lumbridge.)The other was the hairstyle. There was no appearance changing. And if you didn't get the message, light blue hair was the color of pros who could afford rune armor.

Making money was difficult back then. The main source was mining coal and turning them into certs. (I was so used to certs, that when RS2 came out and my brother told me how they took away certs and now used "notes" I was so confused, lmao. I was like, wtf is that, do u trade in 8 to make a cert or something? And he was just like, no its just one of the item, I was still confused for about 2 hours lol).

One of the main sources of money was the taxi service. You spam messages in front of the bank in Varrock, advertising your taxi service. People trade you money and they follow the person, and its a trip to falador or wherever. There weren't much freeloaders.

But money making was challenging. When you were a noob like me, your main source of money was to kill things and sell them to the general store.

There was no running either. The attacking animation was set at a constant speed for all weapons, but the damage was dealt according to the weapon.

And there was 3 things you always had to carry around. Money, food, and of course, your traditional sleeping bag.

RS Classic was great. RPing was one of the many ways to enjoy the game. Having a "girlfriend, or boyfriend" was common. It wasn't lame. It was just something fun to do and to have a friendship over a game. Eventually, all hell broke loose.

JaGEx was pretty lenient. One of the oldest memories I could recall was when JaGEx actually rewarded a scammer! Fook A Ji, who had one of the most imfamous, yet petty and simple scams. The full description of the scam is quite foggy, but it went something like this: "Trade me a diamond and I'll use it on a special tree that will give you access to the lsot city." And of course, it worked. (This scam eventually became the start of the quest, The Lost City)

Runescape 2 was announced to be in the making. A select few would be chosen to test the game out. Eventually, it was released to the public. The game was still pretty challenging, but there were some added comforts, such as running. No one complained.

The game was fine for a few months. After a year or two things got way out of hand.

One of the pretty old memories was that of people asking for HORSES. It was quite comical, since on the rants section, every other post was a little kid asking for horses.

"Omfg Jagex!!! the distance from varock and falador is too long naow!!!(Once RS2 was released, they increased the distances from town to town, but made up for it by adding the run function). me wants a horse to ride, and the horse should only cost like 1000 gp and it should take us from varock to falador in leik 5 seconds!!"

Agility was one of the first disappointing skills I encountered. The pictures of the news page showed epic pictures of people in dragon armor with a dragon battleaxe jumping from a bridge and stuff. I thought this skill could be used anywhere. I was wrong, haha.

More children showed up on runescape's doorstep. No one knows where they originated from, some say Scandinavia, others say Asia. I, for one, am pretty sure I know where they came from... They came from Miniclip...

The game was not that very popular at around this time. The game hit about 100k at its peak, and there was hardly over 60 worlds. Once JaGEx started to advertise on Miniclips, the children started flowing in like water. Since kids were not allowed to play WoW due to their parents, they came to Runescape. Of course Jagex didn't care. All they really wanted was money.

They didn't know how to make money. They didn't even give an attempt to try to learn how. Instead, they resorted to begging.

A level 15 would follow a 75 with a runeset, and say one of the most famous words ever spoken..., "fr33 st00f pl0x!!".

Eventually they got even worse. They made female characters and requested relationships with high levels. They spammed these stupid messages in Lumbridge and it got out of hand.

Let's skip to the part where the term noob was mass produced and used by idiots.

"Hey can I borrow 15k?, pl0x!!!"

"no"

And somewhere around here, it is unknown where it actually originated (I actually think this happened by mistake, just like how fire was created! :o)

"noob!!!!"

And he continues to follow him, spamming noob until it was time for him to go to bed. Of course, this constant begging was quite ironic since kids begged all day for free money, when they could have been using that time to make money on their own, and by their own fault, they did not have any money.

They eventually, somehow found the forums. And once again, all hell broke loose.

Every rant section was filled with kids requesting free money and accounts. The forums became a mess, and somewhere around this time, forum mods were created.

I'm done ranting about this, but basically to cut to the chase, when kids came from Miniclips, Runescape got out of hand. Jagex, due to their careless nature, submitted to the simple and feeble will of children and started making everything easier. Now the community is ruined, there is hardly any player interaction, and I can't even remember the last time I've actually traded with a person. Trade worlds are a joke now, half the people there just talk. Spam bots are not a problem with Jagex, since there are millions sitting on member's worlds spamming about Wefightge's ownage CC.

Runescape used to be the greatest game, and it is one of the longest games I've ever played. I enjoy the game despite the fact that my friends make fun of me, in a friendly way of course, and despite the fact that there are about 500 million other games that have better graphics. I played for the sheer entertainment which was left in the dust along with Runescape Classic. All the wannabe veterans who think they know everything about RSC and think it is the best game in the world deserve to be banned. I remember a couple of years ago, level 30's were complaining about how Jagex should open up RSC for them to play the "awesome game"[that they have never played].

Now, Runescape is easier to play than tic-tac-toe, and requires less knowledge than to open a door. Jagex made all these stupid warnings, and have more than 30 warnings that must be turned off at the Doomsayer to finally be ended. What happened to Runescape, Jagex? Does MMORPG even apply to Runescape anymore?

Massive-Yes

Multiplayer-Not much...

Online-Sure

RPG-Not really.

There is no more risk in the PvE world really anymore, unless you are fighting the Corpreal Beast. All these ridiculous weapons have been introduced and half the community can be legally considered mentally [developmentally delayed]ed. All these updates with crazy-[wagon] weapons dealing easily over 70 damage have ruined the game, along with the hours upon hours of endless training to get that 99 strength. Just AFK at soul wars and you are at 99 strength.

R.I.P. Runescape. You were my first love... D=

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

I have to say, the game did use to be much better. Back when I first started, I wandered from Lumbrige up towards Varrock and down through the mines into Al Kharid. I got lost and stopped playing for a few months. (I was in 6th grade, gimme a break) That summer I managed to work my way out of the desert town and get some real game time in. Five years later, I'm still playing, and have seen the game get progressively worse. There are so many things now that have made RS make itself extinct, namely the G.E. I remember when it came out. I found it extremely convenient to buy and sell items, and I loved it for that. What I have come to dislike about the Grand Exchange, is it cuts out the need for a large majority of player to not skill. Back in the day, I used to fish and cook my own food, kill green dragons, bury the bones, and craft the hides. Now, people buy the food, sell the hides and bones for a profit, cutting out all non-combat skills entirely. It seems to me the only reason people skill anymore is to get skillcapes, with the exception of a few who enjoy select skills. (I for one find fishing enjoyable, as I spent a good 1/5 of my time back in the pre-G.E. times fishing lobsters.) Certain aspects have been made better, I find boss hunting better now, though skills have been left in the dust. Do I fish my own food now, no, but that's because there are other goals I have set, other things I find more enjoyable, amidst JaGex's screwups. Things were better back in the day, but things today aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

Edit~ All of JaGex's warnigs remind me of WIndows Vista; you can't do anything without being asked or warned about the action you are going to make half a dozen times. Also, people complain too much about anything they don't absolutely love in RS. I don't think I've complained about any update, except the pvp updates (76k'ing ftl) whilst people complain about the new hp bars, introduction of extreme potions, release of Aquanites, etc. The only complaints I remember from "old" RS is the removal of the wilderness, and that doesn't really qualify as "old" RS to me, anyways.

I think that there should be a thread mentioning other threads that never die.

This one would be first on that list.

Now, time for some quotin'...

I have to say, the game did use to be much better. Back when I first started, I wandered from Lumbrige up towards Varrock and down through the mines into Al Kharid. I got lost and stopped playing for a few months. (I was in 6th grade, gimme a break) That summer I managed to work my way out of the desert town and get some real game time in. Five years later, I'm still playing, and have seen the game get progressively worse. There are so many things now that have made RS make itself extinct, namely the G.E. I remember when it came out. I found it extremely convenient to buy and sell items, and I loved it for that. What I have come to dislike about the Grand Exchange, is it cuts out the need for a large majority of player to not skill. Back in the day, I used to fish and cook my own food, kill green dragons, bury the bones, and craft the hides. Now, people buy the food, sell the hides and bones for a profit, cutting out all non-combat skills entirely. It seems to me the only reason people skill anymore is to get skillcapes, with the exception of a few who enjoy select skills. (I for one find fishing enjoyable, as I spent a good 1/5 of my time back in the pre-G.E. times fishing lobsters.) Certain aspects have been made better, I find boss hunting better now, though skills have been left in the dust. Do I fish my own food now, no, but that's because there are other goals I have set, other things I find more enjoyable, amidst JaGex's screwups. Things were better back in the day, but things today aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

Edit~ All of JaGex's warnigs remind me of WIndows Vista; you can't do anything without being asked or warned about the action you are going to make half a dozen times. Also, people complain too much about anything they don't absolutely love in RS. I don't think I've complained about any update, except the pvp updates (76k'ing ftl) whilst people complain about the new hp bars, introduction of extreme potions, release of Aquanites, etc. The only complaints I remember from "old" RS is the removal of the wilderness, and that doesn't really qualify as "old" RS to me, anyways.

So it was better because you managed to get lost and quit for 6 months? Jagex doesn't want people that quit, they want people that stay with the game so that they can generate more revenue, which in turn is profit for the company and more new features for us.

The G.E. didn't kill Runescape. It made everything a lot more convenient, meaning that having an actual player economy with somewhat definite prices was much more possible than before, and you didn't have to stand around for an hour trying to sell your 300k coal ores from grinding mining. And it doesn't cut out all non-combat skills - there are still people that have to fish the fish, those that have to cook it, and those who buy the bones and hides for xp.

And they removed a great deal of the warnings, and the ones that are there are there for a reason. Mostly so that you don't end up unprepared, as in going into the desert and expecting to survive with full Bandos and no waterskins. And there are people who complain about every little thing, but those people are in far fewer number than the content people. It just so happens that discontented people seem to be more vocal. And if you don't remember any complaints from the "old" Runescape, you obviously never went on the "old" RSOF.

a70c7.png

So it was better because you managed to get lost and quit for 6 months? Jagex doesn't want people that quit, they want people that stay with the game so that they can generate more revenue, which in turn is profit for the company and more new features for us.

The G.E. didn't kill Runescape. It made everything a lot more convenient, meaning that having an actual player economy with somewhat definite prices was much more possible than before, and you didn't have to stand around for an hour trying to sell your 300k coal ores from grinding mining. And it doesn't cut out all non-combat skills - there are still people that have to fish the fish, those that have to cook it, and those who buy the bones and hides for xp.

And they removed a great deal of the warnings, and the ones that are there are there for a reason. Mostly so that you don't end up unprepared, as in going into the desert and expecting to survive with full Bandos and no waterskins. And there are people who complain about every little thing, but those people are in far fewer number than the content people. It just so happens that discontented people seem to be more vocal. And if you don't remember any complaints from the "old" Runescape, you obviously never went on the "old" RSOF.

It was better because I was compelled to come back, to have a challenge of conquering those chickens =p I do find the G.E. more comventient, but I just find very few people skill except for those who want 99 in that skill. Some of the warnings were nice, but they did get out of hand. I also did not notice that they had lessened the amount of them, as I tunred them all off. And no, I never did go to the "old" ROSF, because I didn't know they existed (I used to be an ignorant little boy). The complaints I refer to are the ones i experience in game. Back in the day, people didn't complain as much in game after an update as they do now. Ex. I logged in after the release of the new hp bars, said I liked the way they looked and got smacked back with half a dozen "u noob, they r gey. u r gey for liekin thm. noobs." To my memory, people didn't react like this in '05.

[hide]

It was better because I was compelled to come back, to have a challenge of conquering those chickens =p I do find the G.E. more comventient, but I just find very few people skill except for those who want 99 in that skill. Some of the warnings were nice, but they did get out of hand. I also did not notice that they had lessened the amount of them, as I tunred them all off. And no, I never did go to the "old" ROSF, because I didn't know they existed (I used to be an ignorant little boy). The complaints I refer to are the ones i experience in game. Back in the day, people didn't complain as much in game after an update as they do now. Ex. I logged in after the release of the new hp bars, said I liked the way they looked and got smacked back with half a dozen "u noob, they r gey. u r gey for liekin thm. noobs." To my memory, people didn't react like this in '05.

[/hide]

The complaints are mostly due to the complaining players nowadays being arrogant little 10-year-olds who are too lazy to meander their way to the RSOF. Although, given the current state of the RSOF, it seems that quite a few have gotten un-lazy and tried to communicate to Jagex what idiots they are... define "they" as whichever one you choose. :P

a70c7.png

I can't understand what's so bad about having a bunch more warning signs/pop-up windows and that sort of stuff, a big fat ditch separating the wilderness from the "civilised" lands, some new features that made the game more convenient and some NPC guides.

First off, warning signs/that kind of thing did make the game less dangerous, but NOT less challenging.

The big ditch was to prevent scammers from luring people into the wilderness and killing them. So you would rather a RuneScape with plenty of scammers than one with very few scammers?

The Grand Exchange and all that DID NOT RUIN THE GAME. It just made it more convenient. Honestly, I can't understand why so many people blame the GE for how "horrible" RuneScape is now. Other features like rest, etc did the same.

NPC guides don't even give decent hints and tips. Most of the hints/tips are extremely obvious if not rather inefficient or not practical.

Quest guides, skill guides, etc were created by players. Not Jagex. Anyhow, if you want the game to be more challenging, why not ignore the guides? Explore and do stuff your own way. No one's forcing you to read the guide. So what if other players read guides and get stuff the easy way? You know you truly deserved the rewards. Why bother about other players getting "easy rewards" or whatever?

About the players, I just realized how godawful the spammers in the GE are.

Whenever I firemake in the GE, there's at least 10 player-typed messages each time I light a log, and the whole screen is filled up with words. Needless to say, laggiest place in Runescape.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

About the players, I just realized how godawful the spammers in the GE are.

Whenever I firemake in the GE, there's at least 10 player-typed messages each time I light a log, and the whole screen is filled up with words. Needless to say, laggiest place in Runescape.

True, but who forced you to firemake in the GE anyway? Draynor bank is an example of a quite decent place to firemake. I'm sure there are plenty more good spots to train firemaking too.

True, but who forced you to firemake in the GE anyway? Draynor bank is an example of a quite decent place to firemake. I'm sure there are plenty more good spots to train firemaking too.

The Grand Exchange is by far the best place to firemake, and the area there is extremely wide. That is why I firemake there, no other spots match it.

Besides, even though the lag is annoying, it's manageable.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

The Grand Exchange is by far the best place to firemake, and the area there is extremely wide. That is why I firemake there, no other spots match it.

Besides, even though the lag is annoying, it's manageable.

If it's manageable why bother ranting about it? You're just wasting everyone's time if you do that, IMHO.

If it's manageable why bother ranting about it? You're just wasting everyone's time if you do that, IMHO.

I mean it does not lag to an extreme extent.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I mean it does not lag to an extreme extent.

RuneScape is one of the least laggy games I've ever played. I know it loads a long time, but that's because of the sheer amount of content it has. Games with good graphics are FAR more laggy than RuneScape. Even smaller-scale FunOrb games that are very CPU intensive lag more than RuneScape. So personally I think if you lag quite a bit in RS it's time for a better internet connection.

RuneScape is one of the least laggy games I've ever played. I know it loads a long time, but that's because of the sheer amount of content it has. Games with good graphics are FAR more laggy than RuneScape. Even smaller-scale FunOrb games that are very CPU intensive lag more than RuneScape. So personally I think if you lag quite a bit in RS it's time for a better internet connection.

Woot, I fail for having a computer that goes slow on even stretched SD, and having an internet connection shared by 3 computers at once. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Woot, I fail for having a computer that goes slow on even stretched SD, and having an internet connection shared by 3 computers at once. <_<

I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but I'm just stating that it's not Jagex's fault that you lag. If you're going to blame someone, blame yourself or the players' spamming the GE (not that it's going to work anyway).

Who does 3hitm4g3u think he is anyway? Think he has a right to impose his ridiculous opinion that PKing rules on everyone he sees and flame anyone who claims that PKing sucks? Oh I forgot, his opinion is of the highest level of royalty and all of us pathetic peasant forumers have to bow down before his mighty mightniness. [sarcasm]

Where did I say PKing rules? It does, but I didn't say that. All I'm suggesting is that people like Sonic3190 who don't actually know what the hell they're talking about stop trying to talk about PKing like they've ever done it.

Zerker_jane.png

Where did I say PKing rules? It does, but I didn't say that. All I'm suggesting is that people like Sonic3190 who don't actually know what the hell they're talking about stop trying to talk about PKing like they've ever done it.

Well, I only PK in places where I do not lose my items (Clan Wars and Fist of Guthix are two examples).

Ever since losing all my items 3 times in BH, I've pretty much stopped taking risks. Yeah, call me PvP noob. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Lmfao, you crack me up kid.

I don't just go to those places unprepared you know...

I treat those places as if I really were "srsbusiness" PKing. The only difference is not losing your items, and not getting drops. I don't care about drops anyway.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Totaly agree bro. I remember struggling to kill goblins for coins, and my first rune armour was a pain in the butt to get.

I think I got my first rune set from a pk lol. Somehow. Then I lost it and mined enough coal to buy a new one.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead