Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

The only points agreed from this thread:

-RWTers ruined many stuff.

-Unnecessary updates. (Curse you GOP activity bar! :wall: )

-The community. (ESPECIALLY whiny people, pures, and PKers. :x )

-Wilderness update. (NOT PKing, the areas only. I miss the Bone Yard. :( )

Otherwise, massive disagree, ESPECIALLY PKing. It's just about the worst thing in RS. Pures and PKers ruined many things for us, and they are just about the worst whiners ever.

I cannot believe people still like PKing, it's truly a piece of trash. -.-

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only idiot I see here is you Jaffy.
If I am the idiot, explain to me this:

The community was much better before the invasion of younger mini-clip players.
Says the idiot that wrote this.

In Runescape, we consider that being PWNED

Why do other players also agree with me, and not with you? Are we all idiots?

When you are unable to buy what you need, I bet you will come whining and crying to forums complaining.
Mhm, shall we bet for your admitting your wrong? Start doing so then I guess!

Since the personalised shops were introducted I started buying plant pots on my farming runs. My profit went up as I sell them for about 160 times the shop price. I wouldn't do this with infinite stock as I don't want to waste all my time buying plant pots all the time. The stock is good. :thumbsup:

After the personalised shops were introduced I figured I'd stock up for summoning a bit: I bought 100k shards. The shop has many, many more than anyone could possibly need.The stock is good. :thumbsup:

After the personalised shops were introduced I figured I'd stock up for herblore: I bought 1k empty vials and 1k vials of water. The stock was more than sufficient as I only needed 1k. I filled up the empty vials and sold them for about 40 times the price I bought them for. Again, the stock is good. :thumbsup:

Miniclip DID change the RS community, for the worse.

Are you so touchy about this because both of you are from miniclip?

I started playing RuneScape long before miniclip even came to be an affliciate. Was that an attempt to try and insult us? :thumbdown:

Please do provide actual evidence for either of your points and people might think you're not a waste of space. \'

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

The only idiot I see here is you Jaffy.
If I am the idiot, explain to me this:

The community was much better before the invasion of younger mini-clip players.
Says the idiot that wrote this.

In Runescape, we consider that being PWNED

When you are unable to buy what you need, I bet you will come whining and crying to forums complaining.
Mhm, shall we bet for your admitting your wrong? Start doing so then I guess!

Since the personalised shops were introducted I started buying plant pots on my farming runs. My profit went up as I sell them for about 160 times the shop price. I wouldn't do this with infinite stock as I don't want to waste all my time buying plant pots all the time. The stock is good. :thumbsup:

After the personalised shops were introduced I figured I'd stock up for summoning a bit: I bought 100k shards. The shop has many, many more than anyone could possibly need.The stock is good. :thumbsup:

After the personalised shops were introduced I figured I'd stock up for herblore: I bought 1k empty vials and 1k vials of water. The stock was more than sufficient as I only needed 1k. I filled up the empty vials and sold them for about 40 times the price I bought them for. Again, the stock is good. :thumbsup:

Miniclip DID change the RS community, for the worse.

Are you so touchy about this because both of you are from miniclip?

I started playing RuneScape long before miniclip even came to be an affliciate. Was that an attempt to try and insult us? :thumbdown:

Please do provide actual evidence for either of your points and people might think you're not a waste of space. \'

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

The very vocal group of ranters on this forums don't have the opinion I have.

For you this update WORKS for many other players this update is a hinderance to skilling as they can't get enough supplies.

If you ever reach a high level in a skill you will know what I"m talking about.

Buying supplies then selling them to other rs players who are FORCED to overpay for needed supplies... how nice of you. =D>

And if you think it's PROFITABLE to run around to stores to buy items and then sell to other players you are a bigger noob then I expected. Wow I can earn gp like a level 3 does, good update. :thumbdown:

NOTHING was preventing you from getting your own supplies with infinite stock.

Also vials were being merched they have been dumped.

Many rs players have much better and more FUN things to do then run around to shops to make a few gp profit. There won't be enough of a supply.

For you this update WORKS for many other players this update is a hinderance to skilling as they can't get enough supplies.

Buying supplies then selling them to other rs players who are FORCED to overpay for needed supplies... how nice of you. =D>

And if you think it's PROFITABLE to run around to stores to buy items and then sell to other players you are a bigger noob then I expected. Wow I can earn gp like a level 3 does, good update. :thumbdown:

Many rs players have much better and more FUN things to do then run around to shops to make a few gp profit. There won't be enough of a supply.

1. that's called scalping and is one of the prime examples of capitalism. I don't like it since it makes high demand products more expensive that it needs to be, but that's fair. It follows the natural buyer/seller curve:

econ002.th.jpg

As the price rise, X-R people will still buy it. As the price decreases, X+R people will buy it. Businesses find the mid point because that point will offer the most in the long run.

Here's my favorite example:

061012.th.jpg

Scalpers can't make a business from scalping, only a "trading post" for a relative handful. The proof is in the business' actions. If the scalpers made more money by scalping, then why doesn't the business meet that price?

And people are never forced to buy something on runescape...

2. Probably not, but people've got to start somewhere. And really, that's all you do in WoW: run around like a lvl 1 noob doing dailies to get about 100-200 gold an hour.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

You realise that's not answering the question? Did you even comprehend it?

So just because I can buy more than I need means other players can't? Mind you that the example of plant pots I used is very simple. For farming you need about 20 plant pots max, as you can simply re-use them. You can't even plant 400 trees within a day, so I don't see how that stock is bad, for anyone. :shame:

Mhm.. Did you even see my stats? So ignoring the fact that your main higher levels are combat here.. What is it that you cannot buy in sufficient need? Please do provide me with an example, will you? :|

It is indeed quite kind of me to dump some plant pots in the Grand Exchange for the noobs that are too stupid to buy 20 in Catherby and use that for the entire farming skill. Now they have more pots to use! They appear to think they need them... Thanks for pointing that out! :thumbsup:

And if you think it's PROFITABLE to run around to stores to buy items and then sell to other players you are a bigger noob then I expected.
Did you know most people here that can't prove their point while being proven wrong start calling the other a noob? How mature! And if you had any brain matter at all you could have read I buy only a few on my farming runs, as I'm there anyways! It's not like I would buy stocks empty just for the heck of it. Learn to read, will you? :thumbdown:

Your point being? There's enough in the stocks for you to use.

Your point being? That has nothing to do with the fact that you're able to get the things you need anyway, and if that's true, than what you said on your little thread is wrong. When they're being dumped the price will fall.

As if I don't? It takes me a whole 60 seconds to buy some pots in Catherby for 16k profit. What a waste of time! Did it ever occur to you that you can buy things in stores too, rather than pay x times mroe and having to wait for things to buy in the Grand Exchange?

You appear to miss the whole point of what you're trying to say.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...

It's official. I had a feeling when I joined, but now it's official. I'm making a declaration. I'd call it a papal bull, but I'm not quite that pretentious. Anyway, what I'm officially declaring is this:

Ratchet is the smartest poster on TIF right now. Back in the day (ironically, the "good ol' days" of '04 and '05) I used to watch these forums without actually bothering to create an account. Back then the rants forum was ruled by Raichase and Zubeedoo. Ratchet is the new Raichase. I haven't found a new Zub yet, but give me time. Moad is looking promising...

Who is this moad and why is he usurping me?

For the maybe 3 of you who know who I am, I've grown bored of pretty much everything so I'm hopping back into RS for a bit, and in hopes of finding some of the people I used to hang out with I googled myself and stumbled across this topic. The fact that ANYONE remembers me makes me giggle though, since me and raichase were little more than trolls who loved to argue about everything :P

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

It's official. I had a feeling when I joined, but now it's official. I'm making a declaration. I'd call it a papal bull, but I'm not quite that pretentious. Anyway, what I'm officially declaring is this:

Ratchet is the smartest poster on TIF right now. Back in the day (ironically, the "good ol' days" of '04 and '05) I used to watch these forums without actually bothering to create an account. Back then the rants forum was ruled by Raichase and Zubeedoo. Ratchet is the new Raichase. I haven't found a new Zub yet, but give me time. Moad is looking promising...

For the maybe 3 of you who know who I am, I've grown bored of pretty much everything so I'm hopping back into RS for a bit, and in hopes of finding some of the people I used to hang out with I googled myself and stumbled across this topic. The fact that ANYONE remembers me makes me giggle though, since me and raichase were little more than trolls who loved to argue about everything :P

Wait, so now I've been found to be roughly equivalent to a self-proclaimed troll? :unsure:

Oh well, at least now I know that Zubeedoo isn't a fragment generated by Tabby's mind. Nice meeting you!

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

DUDE! Welcome back! I had fun being (roughly) the third in that group for a while, before I started the Debate Club forum. :-D

Sorry to double post...

Realistically, what changed? You. Runescape was fresh and new for you 5,6,7 years ago. You weren't jaded at all, and still had everything to discover. That joy and sense of discovery DIES quickly, especially once the grinding begins. Even if it's PvP - there are only so many times you can do it before it loses the shine.

That's the point at which you yearn for the good old days. However, since we're, in general, so self-absorbed and about as self-aware as a cucumber, we'll blame our ennui on anything but ourselves. It has to be that the community died, or the game started to suck. It can't be because we got tired of it, can it? Same exact mechanic is responsible for a good number of divorces.

Runescape is what you make it. I'm sorry that it has lost its luster for you, but that's in reality what has happened. People change, and move on. Personally, I took two years off of RS (came back in July), and it all of the sudden is fun again.

Otherwise, massive disagree, ESPECIALLY PKing. It's just about the worst thing in RS. Pures and PKers ruined many things for us, and they are just about the worst whiners ever.

You honestly have no clue WTF you're talking about, do you?

just because the most intense Pking you've done has been inside FOG doesn't mean Pking sucks.

Zerker_jane.png

I'm with Swampjedi.

I don't play this game much anymore, but it's because I'm tired of grinding, not because the community has drastically changed in the 5 years I have been playing. I started RS. Obviously there were idiots, like in every other game and in the real world, but I ignored them. I made friends. I played RS with those friends and enjoyed it. I still enjoy playing with my friends although it's gotten to the point where I'm tired of most activities. People continue to be idiots, but my friends (old and new) continue to not be idiots and as such I have to say that your argument is a ton of crap.

Ironically, the only major change in the RS mechanic has been the updates attacking RWT, which was a problem caused by older people with jobs who realized that it was more efficient to buy gold than to earn it by playing the game. Younger kids are annoying but you're wasting time ranting about them in the same way that they waste time killing general graardor over and over again.

just because the most intense Pking you've done has been inside FOG doesn't mean Pking sucks.

I'm starting to get the feeling that he wants ®espect from everyone because RuneCrafting is his favourite skill. He has been talking about runecrafting/ GOP on every single post he makes. :wall:

Staurolite.png

I'm starting to get the feeling that he wants ®espect from everyone because RuneCrafting is his favourite skill. He has been talking about runecrafting/ GOP on every single post he makes. :wall:

Agreed. Who does 3hitm4g3u think he is anyway? Think he has a right to impose his ridiculous opinion that PKing rules on everyone he sees and flame anyone who claims that PKing sucks? Oh I forgot, his opinion is of the highest level of royalty and all of us pathetic peasant forumers have to bow down before his mighty mightniness. [sarcasm]

It's fine to be upset that PKing is gone, but there is definitely an unwarranted amount of complaints about it. I can either believe there are people out there who actually deify a simple video game feature to an unjustifiable extent (some even made it seem like their lives revolved around it), or I can believe that they are just looking for an excuse to complain - since that's what human beings are geared towards doing anyway. After all, nostalgia does tend to blow things out of proportion.

That's not to say that people didn't enjoy it - I just have the feeling that a lot of people make PKing out to be something so extraordinary and great for argument's sake.

I agree the game is too dumbed down. Some of my fondest memories of RS were the time i killed the wildy scammer who tried to kill me, ending up in falador and having no clue where i was (i ended up banking and getting myself killed), and being afraid to leave lumbridge because of the highwaymen that kept killing me.

Ah, the good old days.

Fatigue and sleeping bags. Worst idea ever!

Fighting a duel on the spot. No need for a trip to the Duel Arena, you simply put your money where your mouth was and lived or died on the spot you stood.

Walking everywhere - and I do mean everywhere.(kids today with their new-fangled running!)

Anybody remember when a Rune 2-Hander sold for over a million? You could count on one hand the number of people who could smith them and the price reflected it. If you had legendary smithers Musashi22 or Bluerose13x on your friends list you were a rock star.

Yeah, I've been around for a while. I've been playing RS on and off since February 2001. Thanks to PC and SW I got my one and only skill cape in June 2009. (why should the kiddies have all the fun of easy experience?) I agree that Jagex dumbed down the game to make it easy for the swarms of kids who invaded it like hungry locusts, but the flip side of that is the fact that veteran players no longer have to work their fingers to the bone to accomplish something. I guess we just have to take the bad along with the good.

Awesome story/rant. Bravo!

dg7a7m.png

I don't like many of the updates.

If we don't ask for them, don't do it.

That's in incredibly narrow minded way of looking at updates. Because we all know the vocal complainers have the best intentions for the game in mind when they suggest banning beggers, people who run in combat, bringing back the wilderness, and suggesting they'd rather have "1 month of the old runescape before it shuts down rather than an eternity of this"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Yes. Lots of people have been asking for guns, so Jagex should introduce it. And where's sailing already? And horses? And cars? And lasers?

*facepalm*

Dear Jagflax,

Your recent updates have been very bad and I wish you would realize this and quit updating! Instead of doing your own updates you need to ask your fans what we want! It's all about us, you should know that! You need to treat us like spoiled rich white kids and give us what we want! In other words, if we don't want it, don't do it! Listen to us and do what we want!

Your friend,

Est0rrath

I feel bad for Jagex having to put up with this. "Jagex listen to us!" I am sure Jagex does read quite a bit of these kind of rants.

You complain when Jagex updates, then you complain when they don't update.

Everything Jagex does is wrong. If everything they do is wrong, what's to say that when they ask for player input that will not turn out good? An update with, say, lasers as Bauke said. What's to say they will make the special attack of the laser (I opt for the name "Death Star Planet Exploder") so powerful that any PKer with it can destroy everyone in the game?

If your not happy with Jagex now I don't know how giving them suggestions for updates will make the game any better. They will still screw up somehow, because anymore with every update comes a wave of rants.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

It's fine to be upset that PKing is gone, but there is definitely an unwarranted amount of complaints about it. I can either believe there are people out there who actually deify a simple video game feature to an unjustifiable extent (some even made it seem like their lives revolved around it), or I can believe that they are just looking for an excuse to complain - since that's what human beings are geared towards doing anyway. After all, nostalgia does tend to blow things out of proportion.

That's not to say that people didn't enjoy it - I just have the feeling that a lot of people make PKing out to be something so extraordinary and great for argument's sake.

What exactly makes the number of complaints unwarranted? What number of complaints WOULD have been warranted? And while I'm on this topic at what extent would it be justifiable to deify a game feature? You're trying to make people who whine about the death of the wildy seem unreasonable by claiming that they cross some sort of line, one that I assure you only exists on your head.

Most people have a handful of things they enjoy in RS, which is why they play it, take away the part of RS that they enjoy and you've effectively killed the game for them, so I'd say just about any level of whining and complaining is justifiable, or at least as much as would be said if they decided to shut down the servers, which for many hardcore pvpers they may as well have.

I myself am not a pvper though, I always liked playing with the market. I recently log on after about 3 years of inactivity, I even upgraded to a member's account (something I had never done before, and I had over 1000 total skills as an f2per). I try out all the new skills, new places, new quests, and get bored after about 5 days. Without the ability to merchant stuff like I used to, the game got incredibly boring for me, and has effectively been 100% ruined.

As for what ratchet said:(too lazy to quote :P )

While normally I would agree that doing something as stupid as listening to your customers and actually using the feedback they provide to better their game is absurd, but in this case I think it may actually work. There's a difference between radically changing a game because people say they want it a certain way, and NOT changing a game because people are unhappy with the changes. If a change is made and the result is the majority of the community disliking it, it should be obvious to just about anyone that said change was a bad idea, no harm done by going back if that's what the customers want, whereas people suggesting to radically change the game rarely look at the consequences of their changes (though that being said player suggestions are not inherently bad, comparing all of them to guns and lasers is kinda...)

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

What ruined this game? Jagex deciding that it didn't want to be a game designer, but rather a babysitter.

They are definately making some things too easy.

I got my first peices of rune armour by sifting through spam for 20 mins for a good deal. When I wanted some red gloves I paid the reluctant customer double price. Now everyone over level 60 has full rune, and there isn't even any pride wearing trimmed rune anymore. I must admit I use home tele quite often, like upon finishing a slayer task, but it probaly does take some of the thrill out of a newb's (not noob) first adventure into the wildy. Gravestones I like though...it saves you if you aren't paying attension in training, although it doesn't make things that much easier because if you die soloing in godwars you'll probably lose your stuff anyway.

1247z.png