Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

I already know that, so why would I need to hear it from you? The majority of what comes out of your mouth is nothing but the same crap Grandpa Lou says. "Back in my day, we used to pay 15 cents for a hamburger!" It's called nostalgia. Humans always seem to think the past was so much better than the present. Your name tells us everything we need to know about you.

This wasn't a distant, long dead era. This was less than two years ago. I can't discern anything else of any relevance or substance in this entire paragraph. It's very boring and tiresome to respond to TWO posts, and now you're making me read sensless garbage? Give me a break, please. Keep the wordcount down to a minimum, the eyestrain is too much.

You're right - nobody ever ranted or complained until those specific updates. Everything was perfect! :roll: I have some breaking news. Runescape doesn't revolve around you. Stop making it seem like the updates you don't like killed the game for everyone. Loads and loads of people seem to be fine with how RS is right now. Also, loads of people ranted about stupid crap well before those updates you're talking about. You just seem to think that if it has to do with you, it's suddenly way more important than anyone else's problems.

You claim I said that no one ever complained about updates, but I never asserted that. Nevertheless, you'll find that due to the recent lack of updates there is complaining from people like questers, and skillers and others who normally don't complain as much. It's not just us selfish, rude, ignorant PKers anymore.

I also never even so much as implied that the game was killed for everyone. I am well aware that about 90% of the players of Runescape spend the majority not PKing. However, the remaining 10% that do PK, and the ones who PK regularly, ARE paying customers, and DO deserve to have the system overhauled in a decent way. (or better yet scrapped and brought back to the good ol' days)

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't discern anything else of any relevance or substance in this entire paragraph. It's very boring and tiresome to respond to TWO posts, and now you're making me read sensless garbage? Give me a break, please. Keep the wordcount down to a minimum, the eyestrain is too much.

I brought up how you remind me of the grandpa from the Rugrats and did so within the frame of one sentence. Then you made a long post of nothing more than senseless garbage of sarcasm, how you always "tear our arguments to pieces", Grandpa Lou nostalgia, and how we're dancing around the actual point.

You tell me what your standards are while not abiding by them yourself.

I also never even so much as implied that the game was killed for everyone. I am well aware that about 90% of the players of Runescape spend the majority not PKing. However, the remaining 10% that do PK, and the ones who PK regularly, ARE paying customers, and DO deserve to have the system overhauled in a decent way. (or better yet scrapped and brought back to the good ol' days)

Then what's the point of your name? The players are what make up Runescape, and not just 10% of them. Are you telling me that if one person had an obsession with the aesthetics of Bloodvelds and Jagex suddenly had a graphical update that changed them, that one person is right to say that "RS died"? No, you'd probably disagree with them.

This isn't a story, it's an accurate depiction of exactly how everything went.

You can babble on, but these things caused huge imbalances in RS. It was all so much better before these dreadful, ill-considered, sloppy, low quality updates.

I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason you remind me of the grandpa from the Rugrats.

Oooooooooh, you're so clever. You're so witty. You're so sophisticated. Is that what you wanted to hear? Are you satisfied? Then piss off.

You and your little pals can keep spewing your sloppy arguments, and i'll keep tearing them apart cannonballs tear through wet cardborad.

Was there ever an inbalance before a certain few updates? No. Was there so much idiocy and ignorance and stupidirty in this game before miniclip? No. And, before that particular bad update, did jag have to spend so much time "fixing" pvp? No.

People are trying to personally attack Eatrunearrow in order to dance around the merits of the argument. It's obvious.

Last thing you tore up was my brain with your stupid arguments. You have never torn up a rant, you are just another one of a myriad of people who need to get over it, and act like their "superior" opinion makes them better than everyone. Your just another example of how people who can't get over it are acting like idiots.

LOL I TARE UP ARGUEMNT!!!

Since when was this a contest and point out one time you have torn anything up. Get the hell over it. Quit your ramblings and live with the game. And what are the merits of the argument. I know you treat Eatrunearrow like a messiah, but where are the merits, point them out so I can tell you what's wrong with them. Come up with your own rant besides cussing someone off and then pointing out other peoples posts.

Why don't you piss off from Runescape and get the [bleep] over it! 1 and a half years and we're still here complaining about the wild. If there was one thing I would send to Jagex it would be complaining that they created forum trolls like you who hide in the corner and cry because of the Wild.

THE WILD IS GONE AND FOREVER WILL BE GONE SO DEAL WITH IT OR, IN YOUR WORDS, PISS OFF!

CAPS MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER!

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

You can babble on, but these things caused huge imbalances in RS. It was all so much better before these dreadful, ill-considered, sloppy, low quality updates.

I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason you remind me of the grandpa from the Rugrats.

Oooooooooh, you're so clever. You're so witty. You're so sophisticated. Is that what you wanted to hear? Are you satisfied? Then piss off.

You and your little pals can keep spewing your sloppy arguments, and i'll keep tearing them apart cannonballs tear through wet cardborad.

Was there ever an inbalance before a certain few updates? No. Was there so much idiocy and ignorance and stupidirty in this game before miniclip? No. And, before that particular bad update, did jag have to spend so much time "fixing" pvp? No.

People are trying to personally attack Eatrunearrow in order to dance around the merits of the argument. It's obvious.

Last thing you tore up was my brain with your stupid arguments. You have never torn up a rant, you are just another one of a myriad of people who need to get over it, and act like their "superior" opinion makes them better than everyone. Your just another example of how people who can't get over it are acting like idiots.

LOL I TARE UP ARGUEMNT!!!

Since when was this a contest and point out one time you have torn anything up. Get the hell over it. Quit your ramblings and live with the game. And what are the merits of the argument. I know you treat Eatrunearrow like a messiah, but where are the merits, point them out so I can tell you what's wrong with them. Come up with your own rant besides cussing someone off and then pointing out other peoples posts.

Why don't you piss off from Runescape and get the [bleep] over it! 1 and a half years and we're still here complaining about the wild. If there was one thing I would send to Jagex it would be complaining that they created forum trolls like you who hide in the corner and cry because of the Wild.

THE WILD IS GONE AND FOREVER WILL BE GONE SO DEAL WITH IT OR, IN YOUR WORDS, PISS OFF!

CAPS MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER!

It's official. I had a feeling when I joined, but now it's official. I'm making a declaration. I'd call it a papal bull, but I'm not quite that pretentious. Anyway, what I'm officially declaring is this:

Ratchet is the smartest poster on TIF right now. Back in the day (ironically, the "good ol' days" of '04 and '05) I used to watch these forums without actually bothering to create an account. Back then the rants forum was ruled by Raichase and Zubeedoo. Ratchet is the new Raichase. I haven't found a new Zub yet, but give me time. Moad is looking promising...

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown; ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid is forever.

Private chat on, give me a hyt!

It should not be necessary to say it, but today it is: anyone who wants to be understood has to make damn sure that he has made himself intelligible.

Who is John Galt?

News commentary without a political agenda.

I totally agree =D>

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Seriously, thedayrsdied, just get lost. This forum isn't for nostalgic people to reminisce in.

Your posts don't make sense, you throw an insult in every sentence, and since you'll NEVER change your opinion that the updates on 10 December 2007 killed RuneScape, why should we bother to waste our time answering to your lame posts? All you'll do is come back with the same old arguments, which many other people have already proved wrong, and fling insults around if you're dumbfounded.

On the contrary, you're the one giving [cabbage] arguments and contradicting statements, (see example above by Moad14. And what did you do in all these few posts? Throw some insults around, make a lot of fake/untrue arguments that are based on opinions.

Was there an imbalance before a certain few updates? Yes. You said "No" - what an amazing statement with a lot of evidence to back it up [/sarcasm]. Scammers, RWTers, etc etc.

As someone already said, there's no point in debating with a person who just flames anyone who disagrees with him, without providing sound/solid arguments.

I like pizza too :wall:

I agree with the main point of the original poster, RS WAS a different game pre-RWT restrictions.

Jagex should just rename this game Runescape 3, as it's what I feel I am playing, the gameplay is so different after anti-RWT measures.

I'm not quite sure why the OP is getting so much disrespect. Yes, he generalized about the negative impact of younger player's, but that is a small aspect of his post.

I don't think his post is even a rant, it's more him remembering what the game used to be like before, both the good and the bad and regretting that the game he knew and loved is gone. As the rants forum is so dead, I don't see why a nostaglic post is so out of place :roll:

I played RS before the fight on RWT and I play RS now.

More was lost with the fight on RWT than gained, this is my opinion. For those who weren't playing before you just wouldn't understand.

The biggest loss was player interaction. Now when I play RS other people are silent. With fewer randoms, longer log-out times, and gravestones most people AFK.

For every scammer, lurer, bot there were decent helpful players as well. People were incredibly generous to new players. Almost everyone I know has stories of how some higher level players would give them tips on how to play and give them items expecting nothing in return.

I don't hate jagex for changing the game, but it has changed and it is different now. No where in his post does the OP say he hates Jagex. No where in his post does the OP say he is quitting the game over game play changes.

I want RS to survive. I want RS to have a better community. What seems to be forgotten 2+ years into the major gameplay changes to combat RWT is that it was the long-term players who for the most part fully supported Jagex's changes to the game. We were ALL fed up with autoers and all the other stuff. I don't think any of us, players or jagex staff could foresee the impacts of those changes though, in hindsight yes there was some stuff jagex mishandled.

RS was popular before it's a fact. It's a fact that now less people are playing.

I also don't understand why people are nitpicking over the smallest details over someone's post and at every turn just saying "if you don't like RS don't play." We may not like small aspects of RS that are being ranted about but clearly if we are posting it does mean that we like RS overall.

Also, be careful what you wish for, lately more players are leaving RS, I think that losing "veteran" players is a bigger loss to RS than even trade restrictions.

It' s a game. God damn it, you log on to chop some wood, mine some coal, kill some monsters or butcher the English language battling other players. You do it for fun, not to live in a game with dragons and goblins and magic. Yes, it was better before in some way, but that' s because it' s the past. People like to look back and say "Man, it sure was good back then".

Look out the window. Now remember how it was 10 years ago. Remember? Computers sucked, dial-up sucked and phones sucked. The ball and friends were your way of having fun. Now computers rock, optic cables give incredible speed to internet surfing, phones are a TV, computer, phone, browser and radio in one magic box. And friends? Log on to MSN and chat with them. [bleep] the ball, [bleep] the bike, all you need now you have at home.

Remember when you went door to door asking people to come out and play? You would get 9 of your friends and you would play hide and seek, football, war or anything you could think of. Now all you have to do is buy a game, go multiplayer and play anything you want. And what, you' re just going to piss and moan about how life was better before? Well no kidding, but life is good now.

And you think Runescape is different? Before the graphics sucked, training skills was slow, but you could always get some friends to do it togheter and make it great. Now you can do it all by yourself and it' s still fun, just like you can just stay home and play your computer all day. It' s changing like the world, just the community is getting more spoiled. Just look at Omnia, or iPhone. Why the hell would anyone want that? You have a computer at home, a TV in your living room, interent comes with a computer and so on. Why would you want a small overpriced mobile phone-MP3-TV-browser-radio in your pocket. Can' t people live without keys to bash on or screens to tap them?

As you can see, they can' t. And if life is easy, then games must be easy too. Grow up, suck it up and play the game. If you don' t want to play it, then you can still live it. You' re going to anyway, but you can piss and moan about how it was better before or you can enjoy it.

To sum it up, it was good and bad before, it' s good and bad now and guess what, it' s going to be good and bad in the future. Runescape will change, I' m sure that it' s going to break out of the Java shell and become a full internet-free game on a CD someday and people will piss and moan how it was better before, but they will still play it and when Runescape will eventually come to and end those same people will just go and find another game to play and piss and moan there how the past was better and how the present state sucks. Simple as that, no need to make a huge rant out of this and throw feeces at each other, just so you can gain an inch or two on your IPS (internet penis size).

Just, play the game. If not Runescape then something else, just don' t waste time on a forum saying the past was better and how the present sucks. People have been saying that since the dawn of man, you are no exception, but you don' t have to be a part of a mindless debate that leads nowhere.

But, who am I kidding. I' ll get flamed at, booed at, someone might say he agrees with what I say, but most of you won' t even read this and keep on bashing each other. But I don' t give a damn, I' m going to kill some roaches to make some more geepee' s and then I' m going to bed. I suggest you find something to do on Runescape and enjoy it like you did before.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

It's official. I had a feeling when I joined, but now it's official. I'm making a declaration. I'd call it a papal bull, but I'm not quite that pretentious. Anyway, what I'm officially declaring is this:

Ratchet is the smartest poster on TIF right now. Back in the day (ironically, the "good ol' days" of '04 and '05) I used to watch these forums without actually bothering to create an account. Back then the rants forum was ruled by Raichase and Zubeedoo. Ratchet is the new Raichase. I haven't found a new Zub yet, but give me time. Moad is looking promising...

What's smart mean. :lol: :D Thanks a lot. <3:

@JacTise

I like on topic posts.

@Quelmotz

I agree that Eatrunearrow,ThedayRSdied, and others who can't get over it need to learn how to accept the fact that there are other people with different opinions and calling them names makes nothing better, just makes people look like idiots.

@Canadian Smurf:

RS was different in a bad way though. There were problems throughout and apparently nobody remembers the glory days with the little bald men with green shirts named "FGHYSHDIDU555" were plaguing all the good woodcutting sites. Nobody apparently remembers the glory days when people sat outside of the Varrock bank, waiting for unsuspecting victims to scam with "Armor trimming" or the like. Nobody remembers when you got lost so much because you did not have a map and had no guide. Tutorial Island seemed useless when you were thrown into a huge world where you knew nothing of where to go or what to do. I know people who gave up specifically because of how hard it was to figure out what to do. Nobody remembers all the dirtbags in the wild agility area who would kill you because you were minding your own business. Even places like that little shack with the lever, unsuspecting people would use it not knowing what would happen and would usually face certain death because of an idiot PKer at the other side.

Why rename it Runescape 3? It is not too different from what it was before, it just fixed all the problems. Which, as with anything Jagex seems to do, leads to the bashing of the company for being a bunch of idiots.

Yeah, younger players make up most of the population of Runescape. I am sure Eatrunearrow is a younger player because if he is an adult or even older teen he seriously has problems. I was eleven when I started playing Runescape, and I learned about it from Miniclips. That's where most of my friends learned of it. We have never gotten a black mark and have never done anything to ruin the game.

The rants forum isn't dead. A forum isn't dead until no one posts anymore, and the rants keep a rollin'. Yes it does seem a bit like a nostalgic look back, but it still has garnered a lot of support and hate towards Jagex.

I've played RS five years and continue to play because as long as I learn to adapt, it is all right. I would have never thought five years ago that Jagex would get rid of the wild, and when they did almost two years ago, I was surprised by how much hate, how much idiocy could be found on the RSOF, this forum, Sal's Realm. Everywhere you went, Jagex hate.

I don't at all agree that more was lost than gained with the fight on RWT. The game is still quite popular, Jagex has fixed the game up to the point that anyone can hop on and play, and so what if the wild is gone? Jagex is giving all PKers another version of the wild, but because it isn't like the old one, you complain. PKer's like that are comparitive to babies, not in the fact that they never shut up (but that's a good one) but in the fact that babies are bad at adapting to different places, or change.

I have never noticed a lack of player interaction. It's still there, and though it may be slightly less than before, it is still there. Most RPG's are like that. Runescape is not a social RPG as much as it is an RPG for people wanting to play an RPG. Adventure Quest Worlds is a social RPG because you can team up together on any monster, and the social interaction is high. I don't think Jagex wants Runescape to become a social RPG as much as just a plain ol' RPG.

I never met a high level who gave me anything. Most would tell me to "Piss off Noob" so you and your friends must have been very lucky. Now for every spammer, lurer, and bot that isn't there, there are a bunch of decent players.

Apparently you have never read another Eatrunearrow thread because over the past year and a half he has said multiple times he's going to quit and he's bashed Jagex. It might not be as prevalent as in his other threads but I am sure it is still there.

O.K, most people probably knew that the loss of the wild was just giving everyone a reason to send hate mail at Jagex. Long term players didn't care, some Pker's didn't even care. There are a select few people though who can't get over it and seriously need to. I'll bring up the point that it is just a game. If you have to complain over a year and a half about one update in the game then you seriously need to do something. I won't say get a life, but I think that carrying this argument on for this long is overdoing it and stretching an argument that Jagex has even addressed too far. I think if you can't adapt, you need to quit complaining at Jagex and teach yourself that it is not their fault. It is your fault for disliking it. It's an opinion and you can't change Jagex's opinion. But the logical thing is for you to change your opinion or keep the opinion and leave, because complaining like people have been doing hasn't apparently done anything than make the game worse (LOL, NOoB PKING NOW).

Less people may be playing, I don't know where the proof of that is, but Jagex is still making money and has a much more polished, much more accessible game.

O.K, nitpicking over small things is stupid though. It doesn't mean you like the overall game, Eatrunearrow has announced to the world multiple times he is quitting, he hates Jagex. Not in this post, but in others. Seriously, if you have to nitpick about every little thing Jagex does, than quit. There is no point playing a game if you complain about everything that is going on in it.

Veteran players? Like who? I am staying. I know a whole bunch of friends I made way back four years ago that still play. If people quit, it doesn't matter much, as long as Jagex continues to work on the game they will replace those lost players with new blood.

That's just another one of my myriad of opinions anyway. Quit ranting about the old wild, complain about the new wild, but don't complain because it's not like the old wild. IT IS NEVER COMING BACK. Never. It's done, it's over with and if you don't enjoy the new wild then you might as well either quit complaining or quit playing.

Quoted for records. I personally enjoy how he screams about how many immature players there are, and then when someone like Zierro makes a simple statement, he flies off the handle like a 10 year old and immediately goes into a floor pounding temper tantrum.

Was there an imbalance? Yes. Was there idiocy and ignorance and "stupidirty", definitely. And before that? Jagex didn't care enough about PvP to update it, let alone try to "fix" it.

TDRSD will always look at Jagex as a company that fails in everything they do, and will always come on Tip.It to troll those of us who still enjoy the game even though he got butthurt two years ago and is unable to move on with his life, so he comes here and "tares thu anti-ranters" with all the coordination of an inebriated toddler, and seems to follow and repeat the pattern of stupid comment, wait for retort, deny validity of retort, declare himself winner, move on.

TDRSD has a sort of adorable double standard in that fashion. If you're ranting about Runescape, your exercising your right to voice your opinion that everyone shares. God forbid you like it, you're a ST00PED N00B J4GAX PHANBOI!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Anybody who complains about the game as much as they do is probably more of a Jagex fanboy than any of us here.

Yahtzee Croshaw said it best.

"Fans are clingy complaining dip[cabbage]s who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

@Quelmotz

I agree that Eatrunearrow,ThedayRSdied, and others who can't get over it need to learn how to accept the fact that there are other people with different opinions and calling them names makes nothing better, just makes people look like idiots.

Good that you buried the hatchet. I was getting quite sick of arguing in pointless debates. Sorry that I was quite pompous or whatever you call it in that thread. Lets just forget it now, ok?

Now, onto the main matter

I like pizza too :wall:

I agree with the main point of the original poster, RS WAS a different game pre-RWT restrictions. It was a different game all right. It was much worse.

Jagex should just rename this game Runescape 3, as it's what I feel I am playing, the gameplay is so different after anti-RWT measures. Yes. Its just so much better.

I'm not quite sure why the OP is getting so much disrespect. Yes, he generalized about the negative impact of younger player's, but that is a small aspect of his post. No one likes people who continue wasting everyone's time and spoiling people's moods with matters already done. The deed is done. Change is controversial. Change is necessary. Change cannot be reverted. I could go on with a long string of crap but you get the point. Also, a "small aspect" is something like a few grammatical errors and stuff. Quite a bit of the population here will be "young", so they'll definitely try to defend themselves.

I don't think his post is even a rant, it's more him remembering what the game used to be like before, both the good and the bad and regretting that the game he knew and loved is gone. As the rants forum is so dead, I don't see why a nostaglic post is so out of place :roll: It IS a rant. A rant with a lot, a lot of fluff. One of the good points about this guy - he's definitely a charismatic writer. Too bad, fluff doesn't work on many people who have critical minds (that is, more than half of the population here, for approximation purposes).

Also, you said it isn't a rant, so its out of place. Then you said it wasn't out of place. So which side are you on?

I played RS before the fight on RWT and I play RS now. And so?

More was lost with the fight on RWT than gained, this is my opinion. For those who weren't playing before you just wouldn't understand. Please read the article "Jagex VS RWT. It is a REAL problem in REAL LIFE. And anything in real life is FAR MORE IMPORTANT (sorry for caps - just had to emphasise that here) than any virtual crap. So honestly, what you said was rubbish. Many people would agree too.

The biggest loss was player interaction. Now when I play RS other people are silent. With fewer randoms, longer log-out times, and gravestones most people AFK. So? Who enjoys more randoms? And longer log-out times? People used to not be able to say, get a drink or something without being logged out. Now isn't this more convenient? Gravestones are not related to the anti-rwt updates, though they were released at the same time if I'm not wrong. These are just tools for AFK training. Its the people that do the deed, not the items.

For every scammer, lurer, bot there were decent helpful players as well. People were incredibly generous to new players. Almost everyone I know has stories of how some higher level players would give them tips on how to play and give them items expecting nothing in return. A high leveled player would be wasting his time giving items to a low level player who immediately gets scammed. Logic please? I mean, you said the number of generous people to the number of scammers/lurers was 1:1. So...

I don't hate jagex for changing the game, but it has changed and it is different now. No where in his post does the OP say he hates Jagex. No where in his post does the OP say he is quitting the game over game play changes. He didn't say anything about it, but its called INTERPRETATION and INFERENCE.

I want RS to survive. I want RS to have a better community. What seems to be forgotten 2+ years into the major gameplay changes to combat RWT is that it was the long-term players who for the most part fully supported Jagex's changes to the game. We were ALL fed up with autoers and all the other stuff. I don't think any of us, players or jagex staff could foresee the impacts of those changes though, in hindsight yes there was some stuff jagex mishandled. RS is surviving very well now. RS might have a worse community, but how is that Jagex's fault? They might provide the tools for it, but, ok, let me give you an analogy.

A young boy was killed. The killer used a gun that belonged to the boy's parents. So you mean his parents are at fault?

RS was popular before it's a fact. It's a fact that now less people are playing. Where's your evidence? Honestly. I really hate people who don't back up their statements, unless its an opinion. And you can't say that it is my opinion that less people are playing now, right? You would sound stupid. So go find your charts/evidence. This is what thousands of spam-ranters in the RSOF say. The problem is - no evidence.

I also don't understand why people are nitpicking over the smallest details over someone's post and at every turn just saying "if you don't like RS don't play." We may not like small aspects of RS that are being ranted about but clearly if we are posting it does mean that we like RS overall. No offense, but that is hypocrisy at its fullest. Here you are nitpicking at Jagex's faults, and calling people nitpickers.

Also, be careful what you wish for, lately more players are leaving RS, I think that losing "veteran" players is a bigger loss to RS than even trade restrictions. IMPORTANT: Quite true, but honestly, who do we have to blame? The players, or Jagex? The players are what drove Jagex to make all these changes. If we didn't have these cheaters, scammers, lurers, RWTers and what-not, would Jagex have to ruin their own game? Do you think Jagex LIKES putting in these restrictions? Are they FORCED to do it to help their game survive? Reflect on this, really. Sorry for sounding like your parents/whatever.

Hope you find this more constructive than some other posts. :oops:

Anybody who complains about the game as much as they do is probably more of a Jagex fanboy than any of us here.

Yahtzee Croshaw said it best.

"Fans are clingy complaining [cabbage] who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

"Why not buy a Zero Punctuation T-Shirt" :lol:

Yeah, I love Zero Punctuation.

And yes Quelmotz...forget I ever said anything...

I really like your rant it was very well put togeather and i agree with almost everything. I haven't been playing since RS1 but I did start in 2005 so I have been playing for awhile I do remember seeing all those changes happening and alot of them I didn't like, some being no wildy, trade limits and GE. Jagex is slowly killing the social part of this game and is turning it into a game where your just going for the next with no one beside you.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I really like your rant it was very well put togeather and i agree with almost everything. I haven't been playing since RS1 but I did start in 2005 so I have been playing for awhile I do remember seeing all those changes happening and alot of them I didn't like, some being no wildy, trade limits and GE. Jagex is slowly killing the social part of this game and is turning it into a game where your just going for the next with no one beside you.

Your sig says: "Its life. Just deal with it."

I don't know why people like you (and a few hundred thousand others) can't understand that those changes are necessary and RuneScape will die without them.

I still wish people would understand that Jagex never came out and said "This is a social RPG". It's just an RPG. Plain and simple.

Yeah it's not because I mine besides you that I want to talk to you. All these people would probably be pretty annoyed if I engaged them in a conversation when they are in line at mcdonald's... they'd probably be : what do you want? I don't know you and stop bothering me!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Yeah. Social Interaction within a game can make or break the game. Runescape doesn't need as much social interaction because besides clans in the wild and clans fighting high level monsters, you really don't need it besides trading. I was always annoyed when I was woodcutting that people would randomly ask my level, ask me random stuff that makes no difference. As I said, this is not Adventure Quest Worlds where all monsters are open and anyone can jump into a fight and kill it. Runescape does not have quests where every five minutes you are fighting an insanely difficult boss and need a team to take it out.

Social Interaction is fine in some respects, but all the random, blathering idiots who plagued places like the mines, the forest, they really aren't needed quite as much. While I am mining, as you said, I don't want to start up a random conversation. I guess it's alright to do on the internet because nobody thinks of it as two random dudes talking about random stuff. If two random dudes in the real world did it, as stated, the guy who stroke up the conversation would be made to be an idiot or a really open guy.

STANDING AT LINE IN A MCDONALDS WITH "ROFLCOPTER999" AND "ISLEEPWITHYOURMOM".

Roflcopter:Wow, everything looks so delicious.

ISLEEP: Hmm...what to get.

R: Hey dude, wassup?

I: Who the [bleep] are you?

R: What are you getting?

I: A hamburger, holy crap go away and please don't rape me!

R: SWEET!!!LOLOLOLOL!

But in Runescape and other RPG's, it seems striking a conversation such as that one is...normal. It seems like when people play internet games they say "[bleep] the real world, because I am hiding behind an avatar, I am able to do anything whether it be being a woman, being twenty, being twelve, being gay..." So on and so forth.

Aw the internet, the only place where I can hide behind the fact that I am a blathering fifteen year old on a rants forum (Oh wait... :? )

It certainly was not better before. Just talk to your friends in a CC or something, its what I do.

And can you really say that you preferred sitting in a bank for 3 hours spamming what you're selling, and when you do finally get someone, you can't negotiate a price most of the time? Be honest. It was not fun.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

It's a MMORPG of course it suppose to be social because if it isn't social they might as well just take it off the internet and make you buy a CD for it.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

It's a MMORPG of course it suppose to be social because if it isn't social they might as well just take it off the internet and make you buy a CD for it.
JaGEx makes FAR more by charging several bucks a month than they would off selling CD, for starters. Being social is a feature, not a mandatory activity.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

I don't know why people like you (and a few hundred thousand others) can't understand that those changes are necessary and RuneScape will die without them.

I don't understand, please explain to me. From what I see, RSC died because they released RS2, so, RS2 would die after they release a new game, which would be MechScape. Dunno, just guessing. Though honestly, I still can't see how runescape will die if they hadn't changed everything.

Staurolite.png

I don't understand, please explain to me. From what I see, RSC died because they released RS2, so, RS2 would die after they release a new game, which would be MechScape. Dunno, just guessing. Though honestly, I still can't see how runescape will die if they hadn't changed everything.

RSC died because Jagex made it die. RS2 will not die because of Mechspace, Jagex clearly stated that RS will be their priority for the next 5 years. That's like saying no one will buy old Metallica titles because they release a new album...

Runescape probably wouldn't have died if they had kept the trade limits, but they would have lost a lot of money from credit card company not wanting to do business with them because of the stolen credit card problem.

That money loss would have meant less updates, and less updates means less members, a downward spiral.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563