Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

No, read the whole quote again.

You can't generalise and say all people below (insert age) are immature. Mature has several meanings, one meaning you have met full development of your mind (which is what you're talking about) and another is that you think something out fully and carefully before you talk about it (which even 10 year olds can do if they put their mind to it).

No, they can't.

Now read this.

Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctual, and is not determined by one's age. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act in serious or non-serious ways.

---

In other words, there are two kinds of maturity. Brain development and how one responds to their environment. No, a 10-year-old doesn't have a brain that's fully developed, but a 10-year-old can respond to a circumstance in an appropriate manner. This was all I came on this thread to point out.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, there are two kinds of maturity. Brain development and how one responds to their environment. No, a 10-year-old doesn't have a brain that's fully developed, but a 10-year-old can respond to a circumstance in an appropriate manner. This was all I came on this thread to point out.

Ok, thanks for pointing that out, even if it is almost exactly what I said a ways back. Why did you feel the need to quote my post when letting everyone know this? I already established that several pages ago, and it really wasn't necessary to repeat it.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Nope. Shall I quote the study above again?

I'm saying that it's slightly irritating that it took so long for you to get it through your head. Arguing about something scientific or math-based is something I enjoy; arguing about semantics not so much. Really, did you need to spend 3 pages of posts to figure out that I was talking about physical maturation?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Really, did you need to spend 3 pages of posts to figure out that I was talking about physical maturation?

What are you talking about? That poster explicitly stated that there are two types of maturity: brain development and how kids can be mature when it comes to responding in an appropriate manner, and that's the one you disagreed with.

Besides, I could ask the same question to you.

No, that is NOT what I disagreed with! Do I need to repeat it for you a few more times? Why are you so stubbornly trying to convince me of what I meant? Really, this is going around in circles. I've stated what I meant on this thread and moved on; if you continue to think I meant something else, your welcome to PM me, but don't keep posting the same thing over and over.

DeviledEgg24.png

Then how else do you explain the, "No, they can't."? And I don't think we're going in circles anymore. Now we're actually getting somewhere.

Anyways... I didn't know there were multiple meanings behind:

You can't generalise and say all people below (insert age) are immature. Mature has several meanings, one meaning you have met full development of your mind (which is what you're talking about) and another is that you think something out fully and carefully before you talk about it (which even 10 year olds can do if they put their mind to it).

No, they can't.

Tell me, what else can, "No, they can't," mean in this context?

What about this one:

I'm saying kids/teenagers can be as sensible as adults if they want, so it is not fair to blame every single flame/spam post on ALL of them, saying that kids/teenagers are always dumb, immature, etc.

No, they can't. They are not physically as developed as adults. And you STILL have completely managed to avoid pointing out a post with an immature, spammy, flaming adult. Until you do, I shall continue to assume that immature, spammy, flaming posts that aren't even readable for the grammar and spelling errors are made mostly by teens.

Like I said, maybe you shouldn't say things you don't mean and fiascos like this won't happen. Either you meant what you meant, or you made a typo or some sort of error. Don't try to blame this ordeal on my comprehension problems when it is quite clearly your communication problems at fault.

Fine. The author blamed just about everything bad that happened in RS on kids. I can bet you teenagers are even more immature than kids in RS. Sure, kids might be aggravating and "dumb", but who posts all the spam and flame? I doubt kids even know a curse word. You can disagree and say that kids are exposed to a lot of curse words in school, but compared to teenagers how rude are they?

Great rant, I completely agree.

Even though I was annoyed at my staker with 60 mage, and 40+ def going from something like 18 comby to 40+ comby, it has been nothing to the latest of updates.

I slave to make 1million nats, in 2 months, a great feat for me, in one of my most played periods. Then some time later the GWD is introduced and people can luckily get a hilt worth 100m in a day.

Hard work these days has completely been replaced by luck.

I started playing Runescape at something ridiculous like 12 - I am now 18. I never begged or called anybody a noob, maybe I was one of the few who actually had competence. But I walk through f2p nowadays and always have beggers asking me for stuff.. I give 5k to somebody then they ask for more. Same old story been happening for years now.

I noticed a decline in the community about 3 years ago.

if53pv.png

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

@ Zero:

It's really quite simple. No, they can't be as mature as adults. Shall I quote my study yet a third time? You have yet to come up with a page that conclusively proves 10 year olds brains are exactly identical to 30 year olds, despite decades of medical evidence to the contrary. I've been repeating it for pages now, and I really think you should get some evidence and or read my posts before yelling it again. I like arguing, but I don't like having posts copied and pasted again and again after I've responded to them a dozen times.

DeviledEgg24.png

Ad hominem! Ad hominem! :lol:

My apologies, it was not meant to be an insult, it was meant to be an observation of you clearly not understanding what he has said despite him saying it in a plethora of ways.

Nope. I pointed out several posts where he said things such as, "No, children cannot act in a mature manner." Do I honestly have to quote him for like the fifth time? There's only so much ignoring facts can do for you.

You're right, you have pointed to posts where he said children can not act in a mature manner. So please do not take the time to quote it again, I only have to read it once to get it. The fact is he has supplied ample evidence supporting his statements about children not being able to act in a mature level on par with any adult. Keep in mind these are generalizations, just because it doesn't apply to one kid out of a million doesn't mean it isn't true.

#2 He is not saying that all adolescents are immature. He is saying that only the immature ones would make a spammy wilderness rant. The mature ones, and the adults would not. That is not ageist (nor does that kind of discrimination have anything in common with racism as you inferred, which by the way is an ad hominem argument, trying to push your point by making the person you are debating seem inferior or in this case, racist.) it is a simple truth.

Then it isn't racist to say, "Laziness is a product of being black." See where I'm going here? The sheer fact that he brought it up shows that he's an ageist.

Jac, maybe you should do yourself a favor and actually read what's being posted on here? That might be helpful. Maybe then you'll spot what's actually going on, like this:

No, they can't.

Do you seriously agree with that? lol

The biggest problem with your argument about this being comparable to racism is that racism is discriminatory against all scientific evidence that says they are the same as you and me (besides the amount of melanin pigmenting their skin). So yes saying "laziness is a product of being black" is racist. However saying immaturity is a product of being young is not discriminatory, its science. Maturity comes with age. There is a point where the young person will develop a mature mind (hopefully), and no one will argue that. An ageist would say that no matter how old they are, because they are younger than me, they can not be mature. In otherwords it would not be racist to say laziness is a product of being black, IF being black was a temporary state normally catagorized by laziness which the person would be able to transcend. However as we all know being black is a difference in the pigment of our skin and has nothing to do with our laziness, there is no increased likelyhood that someone will be lazy simply based on the pigment found in their skin.

I hope that clears up the misconception about this being ageist, and to clarify in case i worded something above terribly I am not racist in any way shape or form.

and yes I do agree that children lack the ability to reason maturely (with very few exceptions) I work with kids for my job and can testify that none of the children I have ever worked with have had the mental capacity to reason past their immediate wants and desires, nor can they take a course of action and determine the consequences and make an informed decision based on that reasoning.

I have read whats been posted here, all seven pages actually. Perhaps going back and re-reading everything would help you to see the conversation differently?

Now, as I was saying, why are all wildy rants written by children?

Why are all pedophilia acts done by adults?

Again you are comparing apples to a wooden table, these aren't comparable.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Compfreak, I haven't said much recently on this thread, but if I had been my posts would've looked a lot like Zierro's. I've never seen you post in a situation where you were incorrect before, so perhaps this is merely a miscommunication between the two sides of the debate. Could you find a way to word your point where there is no question as to what you mean?

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Sure. Children write these posts, not adults.

DeviledEgg24.png

Sure. Children write these posts, not adults.
That was your point even at the beginning of the thread? If so, I feel a bit silly. :|

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

That was your point even at the beginning of the thread? If so, I feel a bit silly. :|

Yep. Why the silly feeling?

DeviledEgg24.png

@ Zero:

It's really quite simple. No, they can't be as mature as adults. Shall I quote my study yet a third time? You have yet to come up with a page that conclusively proves 10 year olds brains are exactly identical to 30 year olds, despite decades of medical evidence to the contrary. I've been repeating it for pages now, and I really think you should get some evidence and or read my posts before yelling it again. I like arguing, but I don't like having posts copied and pasted again and again after I've responded to them a dozen times.

So you're telling me that a child can never act in an appropriate manner to a given scenario? In other words, a child will always engage in immature acts?

Look. There are two types of maturities. The type that deals with your brain and the type that deals with how well you respond to stimuli. If you're saying that kids can never be the "appropriate manner" kind of mature, then you're saying they will always act in an immature manner. This is untrue. This is saying that kids are always going to be wrong and adults are always going to be right, and this is ageism and it's wrong. It's that simple.

We agreed that children aren't mature in the sense that they don't have fully developed brains, but I don't understand why you can't admit that children can act mature. This is all I've been saying in my posts and yet you disagree with that claim.

We agreed that children aren't mature in the sense that they don't have fully developed brains, but I don't understand why you can't admit that children can act mature.

Because I'm talking about brain maturation, not acting mature. How many times must I tell you this? I've counted 8 so far.

DeviledEgg24.png

Because I'm talking about brain maturation, not acting mature. How many times must I tell you this? I've counted 8 so far.

And I was talking about acting mature the whole time! So were the posters you disagreed with! Look!!!

No, they can't.

If you really can't understand plain English, this is what's being said.

"There are two types of maturity. Brain development and how you act. Kids can act in a mature manner."

"No, they can't."

Excuse me for not misreading your posts.

And I was talking about acting mature the whole time! So were the posters you disagreed with! Look!!!

Himm, that's interesting. Perhaps you should stop quoting my posts in this argument then, because I'm certainly not talking about that.

If you really can't understand plain English, this is what's being said.

"There are two types of maturity. Brain development and how you act. Kids can act in a mature manner."

"No, they can't."

Excuse me for not misreading your posts.

Nope, he's still referring to brain maturity with the two of them interlinked.

I'm sorry, but believe it or not, I'm still quite confident that I know what I meant more then you. This makes 9 :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

So you completely skipped over the part where he said, "mature has several meanings," then? A 10-year-old can think things through. What you're arguing is that 10-year-olds are always going to be wrong no matter what.

I'm sorry, but believe it or not, I'm still quite confident that I know what I meant more then you. This makes 9

Yes, but whether you put it in words coherently isn't up to your judgment, but the reader's.

ekfheufheiu

^^I can just easily say that I meant, "Bless you." This is the purpose of language. To be consistent with everyone in order to help us communicate. You even admitted yourself that you're not good with semantics.

Nope, I read it, but what he was referring to still had connection to maturation. I though it was amply obvious, but apparently it wasn't to you. That's why I quickly informed you that that was indeed not what I meant (10 times, now), and you seem to be having a hard time accepting that.

DeviledEgg24.png

Nope, I read it, but what he was referring to still had connection to maturation

There is a connection, but it doesn't mean kids will always act in an immature manner.

I though it was amply obvious, but apparently it wasn't to you. That's why I quickly informed you that that was indeed not what I meant (10 times, now), and you seem to be having a hard time accepting that.

I think the problem just has to do with your illiteracy and the fact that you can't accept how you made a lingual mistake. ;)

I'll repeat again, it still seems quite obvious to me. I am, however, questioning your literacy because it took 10 (10!) repetitions of 'that's not what I meant' before you finally got it.

If you have further questions about my literacy, please send me a PM and we can talk about it. Until then, we're just clogging up this thread.

DeviledEgg24.png

Nope, he's still referring to brain maturity

Even though he clearly said he was not...

Read: Read: READ:

"Mature has several meanings, one meaning you have met full development of your mind (which is what you're talking about) and another is that you think something out fully and carefully before you talk about it (which even 10 year olds can do if they put their mind to it)."

I'll repeat again, it still seems quite obvious to me. I am, however, questioning your literacy because it took 10 (10!) repetitions of 'that's not what I meant' before you finally got it.

I'll paste it again for you:

Yes, but whether you put it in words coherently isn't up to your judgment, but the reader's.

ekfheufheiu

^^I can just easily say that I meant, "Bless you." This is the purpose of language. To be consistent with everyone in order to help us communicate. You even admitted yourself that you're not good with semantics.

If being ignorant and pretending you are perfect and will never even admit a mistake is a good approach to debate then I must be in the wrong dimension. You taught me a very valuable lesson. Never talk to someone who doesn't know how to talk. I might decide to talk to you again sometime when you learn proper grammar and logic, but until that day, so long.

PS: One final note. Remember how you said you wish you had a science professor to support your brain development claim? Well, I kinda feel that way too and wish we had an English professor here to show how the error is being made here.

lots of people balme miniclip...I joined via miniclip whenI was 11. But I wasn't an idiot. I did fishing! I did not beg or cry. Once or twice I though o committing the crime of RWT, but always said "no" in the end. I'm 15 now. I grew up in this game. I'm no longer the noob who stands in the bank, yelling, "phr33 stuff plawx!!!!!!"

OT: I like the wildy ditch a bit tbh. I was buying a whip once for 950k $ and blue d hide )t) set before ditch, guy sed meet in edgy. WE met in lvl 1 wildy, so I thought "whatev." Got anciented :evil: . o wellz. Now I've got 11 mil and an armadyly helm <3:

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap