One boss to many?

timmyx50

well, i got to thinking, when barrows came out, it was a first for Runescape. several bosses the players did NOT have to compete with each other to kill them and/or make a profit. now even to this day (correct me if im wrong) there are no other self spawed bosses that players kill to make a good profit, and do not compete with each other to get the kill.

do you think that making the brothers self spawning a bad idea considering the power of thier armor? do you think we need more like them to establish a more friendly environment? how much do you think would change if the brothers spawed one at a time, like the KBD, Granndor, or Tormented Wraith, forcing players to compete with each other?

discuss.

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

Competition is very, very rare at solo boss killing. There's almost always an open world. All that would happen would be the high level players taking over every kill, or there being enough open worlds for everyone to kill freely.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I tend to solo nowadays, but I do understand what you are saying. However, barrows was intended to be just you vs the whole crypt. It's single combat for a reason.

Am I the only one who thinks of and remembers Leester's words in his runite mining guide?

He was arguing with people who thought it was wrong to post his guide, and he said something along the lines of, "If you had to share Barrows brothers the way you share runite rocks, then it wouldn't be as friendly of an environment. Barrows is selfish."

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Competition is very, very rare at solo boss killing. There's almost always an open world. All that would happen would be the high level players taking over every kill, or there being enough open worlds for everyone to kill freely.

Which is EXACTLY whats happening at the Bandos Chamber for those Granite Mauls.

Popoto.~<3

Which is EXACTLY whats happening at the Bandos Chamber for those Granite Mauls.

Exactly, me + void + ags + pot + piety = Win the Drop

No thanks

When you go barrows theres at least 4-5 others there and it would be ridiculous to attempt to kill 6 when somebody else is killing them

Also this would sugget making the tunnels a multi combat area, so suggest how would you open the door with something nibbling at you every second?

Jamje.png

null and void

Barrows aren't a boss monster.

They are a mini-game.

That's why they are far lower level than alot of standard monsters let alone the boss monsters.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Barrows like others have said is a minigame so different rules apply (Bork is another example of player dependent spawn).

At the time of release, and for a while after, they where some of the highest and most powerful npc's. This is why some still class them as bosses.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

barrows brothers are not boss monsters and are designed to be killed alone, where as boss monsters are designed to be killed with a team(though only one monster can really be classed as a boss monster). Monsters like the corpral beast are not designed to be killed alone and thus have no need to be player bound. Moreover, when soloing a boss it's always easier to find a suitable world than when teaming- non-ls worlds are only used by ffa worlds(max 2 servers at any boss at any time) and soloers, while there are loads of cs/ls teams around every boss at every time.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I think, personally, they should introduce more things like the Barrows Brothers. I, for one, am really sick of having to find a team of players to go kill a boss monster with. It takes too long, and if it's GWD you have to wait for the slow people to get KC, and then people log out and by the time you get a team together you've wasted about an hour. Now, I can solo Bandos and such, and probably get in 2-3 kills a trip, but with that low amount of kills it would be harder to get a worthy drop. You see people get lucky, but if you've stayed at a Bandos trip for more than 50 kills you start to realize how rare the drops actually are.

If more barrows type games were introduced we could get some new, higher armor sets and have another single player challenge, which, in my opinion, are always the best and most challenging.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Well I think we're set for "multi-combat" boss monsters for the time being. The corp beast is so hard and inefficient to kill that not many people bother, and even the big clans who do rarely get a sigil drop. No, we won't be seeing many new bosses until people find a new way to solo/duo it and drop the prices down for sigils/spirit shields dramatically. It would be pretty stupid of Jagex to release a new tougher boss when there's already one that few bold adventurers dare to fight.

As for "individual spawn" monsters, those may be jagex's new boss releases for a while until the corp beast becomes worthwhile to waste time on. I'd be interested to see how it turns out to release more bosses like the barrows brothers (whom I would think are not bosses at all).

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.