Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*Looks at 98 Mining*

*taps watch*

You only have until the 21st of December this year to get it :-# !!!

The world ends on my birthday 8-) Coincidence? I think not...

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

Don't worry, Kabe. I've still got plenty of time to finish before you and your three brothers mount your horses of many colours and destroy us all. :P

...the Hell? Has it really been a month since I posted here? Dag. :oops:

So what did the month of December bring? Let's see. I downloaded Chrome and logged in to RS using it so I could get the chrome goggles. I was really glad that they made it available to all players and not just members. Can't say I'm a big fan of Chrome though, every time I use it Spybot and my virus scanner always seem to find lots of problems. For now, I'll just stick with Firefox.

I attended Medragon and L E E T Wcer's double 99 party where Med got 99 Smith and his TFS buddy L E E T got 99 FM and 1200 total. Congrats once again guys. =D>

I got in before Christmas and did the event which was loads of fun, especially helping the trolls in the kitchen. "Sometimes even use wine for cooking." :lol:

[spoiler=Christmas 2011]christmas2011.png

The Christmas wand looks really good with Avalani's robes, almost like I'm a wizard from the tower, and casting puddings at people is loads of fun. :grin:

I finally decided to make use of the toolbelt and clear out a few bank slots.

[spoiler=Full F2P toolbelt]toolbelta.png

I was able to free up 6 spaces that were being taken up by tinderboxes, lobster pots and the like. You know, the stuff you don't use all the time but can't be bothered to go scrounging for when you do want it.

Now, this is all well and good, "but what about Mining?" I hear you asking. Well, I'm ashamed to admit I got almost nothing done this month. :sad: It's been very busy between work and Christmas, but I had a few days off this week so I thought I'd get in and get some mining done. Unfortunately, almost everyone else seemed to have the same idea. :wall: But yesterday I was able to find a free spot for a couple of hours and managed to get almost 130k xp. It's been a long time since I managed that much in one day! :grin: I now have only 650k xp left until 99.

So here is my prediction for 2012: this will be the year I finally finish my quest for Mining greatness! :thumbsup:

Where will my adventures take me then? Only Saradomin knows for sure, but I'll be taking all of you along with me. :) I'm also hoping to get back into merching again this year. Now that the bots are gone and the economy is no longer in the toliet, I'd like to try my hand at it again. Perhaps even buy a few Prayer levels along the way.

So Happy New Year everyone! May your picks be sharp and your gems be plentiful. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I remember going insane after getting 60 mining on f2p.

Given your 98 mining, may I ask which mental institution you frequent? Please pass along their contact information to me :P

Happy New Year, and gogogo get that 99 :D Nice progress so far!

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

650k left

Be a man and do it in like 1 or 2 days

Hmm...650k - 30k/hr - 22hrs - 11hrs a day. Even I'm not that crazy. :P

Happy new year Kaida! :D

Good luck with the last exps :)

Thanks, Med. :-D

I remember going insane after getting 60 mining on f2p.

Given your 98 mining, may I ask which mental institution you frequent? Please pass along their contact information to me :P

You'd like it. The beds are real soft, and they have these great blue and yellow pills and oh look, a leprechaun! :lol:

So last night, during a rare bought of clarity (and when the guards weren't looking), I jumped back down into the depths of Daemonheim to try for another DG level. I didn't quite make it, but I did get these two instead:

[spoiler=Strength level 56 and combat level 69]strength56.png

[spoiler=Constitution level 56]con56.png

I've replaced the Fire Staff with a pair of Fractite gauntlets as my second bind like levine suggested and they work great! I immediately noticed a difference in how much damage I was both dealing and taking. If you have a lower combat stats I highly recommend gaunts as a second bind. Thanks again for the great suggestion, levine. :grin:

I'm hopefully only one floor away from that DG level, which would be great as I only have one floor left before I reset and it would open up floor 26 for me. I'm also less than 1000xp from a Crafting level, so I'll probably be getting that very soon as well. :thumbup:

For now though, it's time to head back to the Dwarven Mine for some more ore collecting. I'd like to get another 200k xp before leveling up again.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm glad you didn't go platebeard like just about everybody in Dg Fam :thumbup:

I'm also glad you still have motivation to play Runescape. After what Jagex did to f2p I just can't find myself to come back to this game anymore...

Once you get 99 mining, give League of Legends a go, it's a blast ;)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

My brother plays League of Legends, I myself can't seem to get into it.

99 Mining is so close! I'm definitely going to try and be on if you have a party.

Maybe I'm the only one thinking this, but Jagex is starting to tend the money more than it tends it's players.

I still enjoy playing every now and then, but I think Jagex may have become a little too greedy for my liking.

But still, 99 mining, what the heck are you going to do after? :o

I'm glad you didn't go platebeard like just about everybody in Dg Fam :thumbup:

I'm also glad you still have motivation to play Runescape. After what Jagex did to f2p I just can't find myself to come back to this game anymore...

Once you get 99 mining, give League of Legends a go, it's a blast ;)

Well, after everything you've said about not binding a plate, I'd look quite the fool if I did wouldn't I? :P I do still enjoy the game, it's a wonderful diversion after a long day/week at work. Hopefully they don't make any other stupid moves with F2P, but, as the saying goes, I'm afraid things are going to get worse before they get better. I'll definitely have to check LoL out. I'm not sure how well I can run it though, it requires a 2Ghz proc and my laptop only has a 1.6Ghz. :-?

99 Mining is so close! I'm definitely going to try and be on if you have a party.

I'm planning on announcing it well in advance. Don't worry. ;)

But still, 99 mining, what the heck are you going to do after? :o

99 runecrafting maybe ;o

Lol. Then I really would need a straightjacket and happy pills. :lol:

Maybe 99 Smithing from ores you've mined, and if you sold them, tough luck, go mine them again :thumbup:

GOGOGOGO!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

Maybe 99 Smithing from ores you've mined, and if you sold them, tough luck, go mine them again :thumbup:

I've been considering it. I checked this afternoon and I've got over 80k iron ores. :blink:

Wow you are so close... I have always wanted 99 mining but lacked the inspiration?

I'm actually kind of surprised myself that I've stuck it out this long. But I set a goal and stuck to it and soon that goal will be realized. Only 550k xp to go! :grin:

It's not exactly 74 Smith, I'm about 20k xp from 75.

I'm up over 85k iron ores now with just under 500k xp left to go. :thumbup: I did some calculations on the Tip.It planners ( <3: ), and found out that I'll only be 4500 ores short of 99 Smith if I use the Artisan's Workshop. Also, I won't have to worry about the 50% chance of failure when smelting iron in a furnace. :grin:

So it looks like I've found the 99 I'm going to be aiming for after I'm done with Mining - Smithing! :mrgreen:

I think it would be silly to use Artisan's to whole way when you could superheat the 100k iron ore that you have for 5.3 million magic xp and 1.25 million smithing xp as well as approximately 5 million gp profit vs. zero profit with Artisan's.

Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296111-levine1996-maxing-out-100-f2p/

Greetings once again, Mining fans! :grin:

I bring wondrous news from the depths of the Dwarven Mines. I am now less than 400k xp away from 99! :^_^:

Once again, my gf has been starting work at 6am this week so I've had a good hour or so before work to play. I haven't even had all that much trouble finding a spot. Turns out, there's not that many people on at that time of the day. :P I've also been home for the last two days because we've had nothing but freezing rain, which made walking across my yard, to say nothing of trying to drive on the street, very difficult. Driving most of the day + freezing rain = boss telling me to not risk it and stay home. Unfortunately, my gf wasn't so lucky as her work is only three blocks away.

So, with another couple of hundred thousand experience points behind me I decided to take a break for a bit today and jump back down into the desolate depths of Daemonheim (what is it with me and being underground? :lol: ). I was fortunate with my first floor and was able to open every room and kill every monster, thus maximizing my xp and gaining me this:

[spoiler=Dungeoneering level 51]dg51a.png

dg51b.png

Unlocking a new floor and a new boss all at once. :thumbup:

Naturally, this meant that the new boss was the one I faced at the end of the new floor and he basically bent me over and had his way with me (three deaths? Really? :???: ).But by the end I was getting the hang of the timing and I'm sure I'll do much better next time I face him. Unfortunately, that won't be for a while yet as foor 26 is as far as I can go, so I was forced to reset. Fortunately, out of my pitiful showing against Khighorahk came yet another level:

[spoiler=Defense level 55]def55.png

Only three more levels to go until 1000! :grin: But first, it's back to the mines for a while. I'll probably do another 200k before taking another break.

I've also been doing some thinking about going for 99 Smithing when I'm done with Mining, and the more I think about it the more I like it. The Artisan's Workshop is faster and more consistent xp than Mining and is much less click intensive (and believe me, after this much mining I need less click intensive). Also, Mining and Smithing were the first skills I ever trained in RS so it's only fitting that they become my first 99's.

So off to the mine I go, to press forward towards my goal one pile of ore at a time.

I think it would be silly to use Artisan's to whole way when you could superheat the 100k iron ore that you have for 5.3 million magic xp and 1.25 million smithing xp as well as approximately 5 million gp profit vs. zero profit with Artisan's.

I'm not too worried about making profit. After all, getting the ores didn't cost me anything but time. :wink:

Get that sexy mining cape!

Wait, you're F2P :mellow:

If only we could. :wall:

Thanks LEET. :grin:

One of these days I've really got to get over to the TFS forums and check you guys out. After all, at least three of you are regular posters here so it's only fair. :wink:

So today's update changed the way basically every popup box is displayed, including the level up messages. Not sure what they look like just yet, but it will definitely mean a change in the level up pics from now on. They've also changed the level up fireworks to be much more showy, so here's hoping that for a 99 it's spectacular. :mrgreen:

Thanks, Aten. :^_^:

How are you seriously doing this entirely with iron ores? :F

Slowly. :lol:

It's actually not that bad. I can usually find a free spot, and even on the most empty world the three rocks by the resource dungeon get just under 30k xp/hr (I tested this once on a world with only 87 people).