A way for the gods to enter Runescape?

snowball

As we saw through the Chosen Commander, Bandos had an avatar of himself on runescape. I'm not entirely sure if the throne room where you fought him is allowed for the gods to interfere with, but Bandos did directly interfere with mortals, correct? Do you think this could lead up to anything? The gods could see Bandos's act and attempt to do the same themselves, in which a 2nd Pseudo-Godwars may occur. Or maybe Guthix will see Bandos's act and punish him for it and if so, how?

What about Lucien and Zaros? Lucien is very near god-power (if not already) and is on the Runescape plane. With the stone of jas in his posession, he probably can also make a pendant-like thing as backup in case his plan fails. Im not sure what Zaros is up to, but again, an avatar can do his dirty work for him.

Not to burst anyone's bubbles, but the bosses of GWD are ALL avatars already. The Armadyl boss even says "Graceful Avatar of Armadyl" or something similar.

I didn't know there were more avatars :shock: Armadyl boss may be an avatar, but im not sure about the rest.

Do you think the Gods could use avatars to have their way on runescape?

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Nah i don't think it means alot

Firstly it was an avatar not Bandos himself, therefore he did no directly interfer

Secondly he was only working to punish HIS race who abandoned him not actually alter the course of the worlds events.

The bigger thing to consider would be Lucien has everything he needs to become a god. Guthix isn't punishing for defying a god wills as we have a purpose yet. The elves are trying to summon Zamorak. Saradomin and Zamorak forces are trying to over thrown the Guthixian Edicts. Jmods have confirmed a 2nd god wars and Zaros ARE coming at some point

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bandos was speaking through the avatar and controlling it.. So I think that serves as him coming

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Firstly it was an avatar not Bandos himself, therefore he did no directly interfer

Secondly he was only working to punish HIS race who abandoned him not actually alter the course of the worlds events.

The bigger thing to consider would be Lucien has everything he needs to become a god. Guthix isn't punishing for defying a god wills as we have a purpose yet. The elves are trying to summon Zamorak. Saradomin and Zamorak forces are trying to over thrown the Guthixian Edicts. Jmods have confirmed a 2nd god wars and Zaros ARE coming at some point

I forgot about Lucien& Zaros. But That is what I am saying. The gods could make avatars to fight for them. And who knows what bandos could have used his avatar for later. Maybe not world destruction, but some amount of destruction.

Snowball997.png

Uhh. I think you missed part of the quest. He didn't just want to punish HIS race. He wanted to destroy humans and the other races as well..

I also hope when Zaros comes back we don't have to fight him. As a follower of Zaros I don't think I could bring myself to finish a quest that requires us to fight him. :x I'm sure Bandos followers had the same problem with the most recent quest(even though Bandos isn't really supposed to have human followers).

In a way, we actually did kill Bandos. All his power was stored in that pendant, and he is now effectively dead as he has no power.

Do you think its possible he could eventually regain power like Zaros? What about the factions that obey him, what happens when they find out that he no longer hears them or whatever Bandos does to his subjects

Snowball997.png

Since we don't know how gods gain power or if their power is fixed, I have no idea. I suspect Bandos will be "dead" at least for a long time, if not permanently... though the latter seems somewhat unlikely as he IS a god.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Bandos is not dead. He has merely a severe drain of power. Anyone here read the Lord of the Rings?

Bandos = Sauron

Pendant = Ring

One of the Goblins even says something that comes straight, or nearly-straight, from the book (I believe Elrond said it during the Council in Fellowship book 2): by the destruction of the Ring [pendant] he (Sauron) [bandos] will fall from power and be crippled to a shadow that will never rise again.

Also, the devastated plane of Yu'biusk can be compared to Mordor: plants are unable to grow there again, yet it might recover over the course of thousands and thousands of years.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I think it's a loophole in the "non-interference contract".

Bandos didn't interfere, he merely happened to "accidentally" (wink,wink) leave a mind control amulet in his throne room...

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

Surely Lucien could create his own plaines (his own land, like RuneScape) with his power being as a Diety, if not stronger than a god due to both the Staff of Armadyl and Stone of Jas is his possession.

We have no evidence that Lucien has ascended to godhood. After all even with the staff of armadyl and the stone of jas, Zamorak still had to drain power from a god. So Lucien has the staff of armadyl, Lucien has the stone of jas, Lucien doesn't have power drained from a god though.

Now obviously most runescape quests have been leading up to a big event between the gods. There is the mahjarrat meeting in the north. Lucien taking the necessary steps to ascend to godhood. The discovery that the gods can directly intervene via a loophole in the arrangement between the gods after the god wars. In regicide I forget exactly what the letter said but I remember there was a reference to the (something) of zamorak. This could be another name for the stone of jas. If it is that means the elves knew where the stone of jas was and must be aware of Lucien's movements. Then there were the quests where you freed the zaros mahjarrat.

Possibly Guthix new what was going to happen, and let what went on play out?

Perhaps he is semi-oinipotanit? I didn't spell that right.. But he has the ability to see into the future to some degree?

To be honest, the gods really don't seem that powerful.

Zamorak should have been able to wipe out Saradomin's forces with the flick of a wrist. Just look at Lucien!

And Bandos' avatar is only level 125? Come on! I was expecting something like the Soul Wars avatars!

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

It is the examin, yes. But the GWD bosses weren't avatars that were being controlled by the gods (Armadyl maybe. We don't know enough), they were Generals.

We know for sure that Saradomin communicated with his people through prayer. Possibly the same goes for Zamorak. Bandos.. well if they were avatars of the gods, Graardor would be more powerful and the avatar in TC would be more ownage

Actually, if you read old RSC lore Zamorak despises prayer and leaves it entirely to Saradomin. Of course, this does bring up the point of why there are altars to Zamorak, but in RSC Zamorak did say he hated prayers.

ranger4life995ut.gif

Worship then.

Chanting an evil poem while slowly cutting the neck of a unicorn, bound over an alter trimed in evil golden arcane symbols while wearing nothing but a red shirt and skirt... That would be his version of prayer.

I think I just turned myself on by thinking up that.. .. .. *goes to draw a picture*

Perhaps he is semi-oinipotanit? I didn't spell that right.. But he has the ability to see into the future to some degree?

I doubt it, he never saw the God Wars coming, and that's like missing the Elephant doing the macarena in the living room, so to speak.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I doubt it, he never saw the God Wars coming, and that's like missing the Elephant doing the macarena in the living room, so to speak.

In that case guthix may have been playing runescape and ignoring the elephant :lol:

So, the Armaldyl General is an Avatar? Interesting...

Snowball997.png