Weekly Poll: What 99?

n_odie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys should have included mining as the hardest skill. it takes many hours of powermining and making no money to get to 99 and a lot of clicking. i also have only seen a handfull of mining skillcapes.so my voteis without a doubt mining.

Farming would take the longest, slayer could be done in about a month or less, and rc bout the same amount of time. You just have to be doing them all the time. I guess if you add up the amount of time you are really farming and the amount of time you are rcing or doing slayer, farming would take the least time.

For F2P point of view probably mining, prayer, and rune crafting.

Mining, well, if you bank your ores, then its slow.

Prayer, if you only bury small bones, even if you do buy them, its still slow, (big bones speed things up a bit)

Rune crafting, if you try to do it without assist, just keep on walking the airs yourself, it will take really long time. However, with Tiara binding, it would be a lot faster.

a happy Runescaper

It's Agility.

Runecrafting is fun compared to agility. Maybe it's just me, but runecrafting (70 atm) isn't that boring.

Slayer is boring, but you get used to it.

Prayer just means you have money and a smart f2p would just round up money, pay 1 month (just 7 dollars...), buy dragon bones and borrow an alter for 2 weeks.

Farming is super easy. Costs a lot though.

Mining is pretty easy if you power mine.

Now, Go to ape atoll course (fastest xp apparently) and do agility. You will want to kill yourself after 30 minutes of running on that course. It is so MADLY boring. It's going around and around and around and around (fall) and around (fall fall) and around...

It drove me mad to go 60-66 agility and my goal was 80... I'm not going back there again... No sire. :ohnoes:

It's Agility.

Runecrafting is fun compared to agility. Maybe it's just me, but runecrafting (70 atm) isn't that boring.

Slayer is boring, but you get used to it.

Prayer just means you have money and a smart f2p would just round up money, pay 1 month (just 7 dollars...), buy dragon bones and borrow an alter for 2 weeks.

Farming is super easy. Costs a lot though.

Mining is pretty easy if you power mine.

Now, Go to ape atoll course (fastest xp apparently) and do agility. You will want to kill yourself after 30 minutes of running on that course. It is so MADLY boring. It's going around and around and around and around (fall) and around (fall fall) and around...

It drove me mad to go 60-66 agility and my goal was 80... I'm not going back there again... No sire. :ohnoes:

But when you put it that way:

Runecrafting is going back and forth and back and forth (bank to alter, bank to alter). Unless you use ZMI, it's like 25k xp per hour max

Prayer USED to be *make 100m* then *click click click click click click click* and now it's *make 100m* and then *AFK*

Farming is easy. But the poll isn't asking what the hardest skill is, but which one takes the LONGEST. I still don't think that farming takes the longest, but it still takes at least a few months, and there are very few ways to speed up the process.

I think mining is even more repetitive than agility. Sure with agility you're going around in circles and clicking the same obstacles.. but with mining it's *click rock* *click other rock* *click rock* *click other rock* etc. etc. then *drop ore, drop ore, drop ore, drop ore* and rinse and repeat. It's very tedious and slower xp per hour than agility, I believe.

Also a lot of what you said are just your opinions. You said that slayer is boring, but there are thousands of people who love and enjoy it. You think that runecrafting is fun, but some people hate runecrafting the way that you hate agility.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Hard call on this one. I've thought about it, and I'd say Farming is one of the longest skills, just because it's a lot of sitting and waiting, which is why I don't train it. Runecrafting isn't really that bad, mining your own ess takes no time at all, actually training it is even easier. This is assumed you have the money for Herblore and Prayer, but if you do, those skills are easy as anything else. Agility gets easier the higher level you get, especially from Wilderness course on. So I'd have to say Smithing was the hardest. At least in my eyes the most respected 99 you can have in this game. Takes so much time smelting/smithing, given you can actually train it pretty quick because from 68+ it pretty much pays for itself. But all that aside, I still say it's the hardest and longest skill to train.

rc,rc,rc....if anyone can stand over 150k of ess to be made, and can stay sane while doing that, i give u a thumbs up :thumbup:

does mining 50k p ess count?

anyways...i wouldve voted for mining had it been up there...why does everyone forget about the mining?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

rc,rc,rc....if anyone can stand over 150k of ess to be made, and can stay sane while doing that, i give u a thumbs up :thumbup:

anyways...i wouldve voted for mining had it been up there...why does everyone forget about the mining?

No, mining pure essence is way, way easier. You can be AFK while mining it.

2j3qh46.jpg

Hard call on this one. I've thought about it, and I'd say Farming is one of the longest skills, just because it's a lot of sitting and waiting, which is why I don't train it.

When done correctly, you don't literally sit and wait for your plants to grow. You plant your trees, herbs, etc., and then do other things while you get xp with little effort. So even though farming does take at least a few months to get 99, it's not so bad because you can do other skills while training it.

Runecrafting isn't really that bad, mining your own ess takes no time at all, actually training it is even easier.

How does mining 1,448,271 essence sound to you? :P And then making 1,448,271 nature runes after that? That's like 40,000 loads of runes and over 500 hours of runecrafting.

So I'd have to say Smithing was the hardest. At least in my eyes the most respected 99 you can have in this game. Takes so much time smelting/smithing, given you can actually train it pretty quick because from 68+ it pretty much pays for itself. But all that aside, I still say it's the hardest and longest skill to train.

It took me one month to get 99 smithing. I've been runecrafting for three years and I'm still only level 95.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

No, mining pure essence is way, way easier. You can be AFK while mining it.

true....but what if i crafted it all too? :shock:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

How about buying 500k ess and turning that into 1 million nats? Those were an interesting 10 weeks.

That's what it took to get from 94-99 =) (Best of luck to you tripsis, you're still a ways away :thumbsup: )

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I would say slayer is longer to train than Runecraft, Farming and Prayer combined.

why?

Well, when you slay monsters, sometimes you will have to slay with someone else. Usually, this is a total stranger and often, they are a total jerk. From my perspective, the time that I spend with a jerk is multiplied ten-folds. So what this mean is that if I were to spend 1 hour forcibly training with a jerk, mentally, I would perceive that hour to be 10 hours rather than 1.

archsupportei2.png

I would say slayer is longer to train than Runecraft, Farming and Prayer combined.

why?

Well, when you slay monsters, sometimes you will have to slay with someone else. Usually, this is a total stranger and often, they are a total jerk. From my perspective, the time that I spend with a jerk is multiplied ten-folds. So what this mean is that if I were to spend 1 hour forcibly training with a jerk, mentally, I would perceive that hour to be 10 hours rather than 1.

Did you just have a bad Slayer experience by any chance?

If you include the time it takes to earn the money for buying it, I would say Prayer.

If you follow that way of thinking:

What about herblore then? Costs more, and xp/hour is lower.

Or summoning by bursting rock lobsters. (slow + expensive).

If you include the time it takes to earn the money for buying it, I would say Prayer.

If you follow that way of thinking:

What about herblore then? Costs more, and xp/hour is lower.

Or summoning by bursting rock lobsters. (slow + expensive).

If you did saradomin brews, it would be faster than prayer (at the moment though). You can make ~1800 saradomin brews an hour, 324k xp.

2j3qh46.jpg

Hard to say.

I would say Farming was before the Vinesweeper minigame. It is still one of the harder ones to get, because it is not a buyable one like Prayer.

Slayer depends on your combat level. It still takes very long.

I don't know if RuneCrafting takes that long, because I hardly train it (look sig, my lowest skill).

So in my oppinion, none of these take the longest. It's Agility which needs the most time to train, but not the hardest, just clicking.

The hardest is Slayer.

bannerzi.gif