Weekly Poll: What 99?

n_odie

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said prayer, because I don't have any money #-o

When I first started runecrafting I thought it would be easy, because you gain a level per inventory for like 10 levels...things have changed.

True, Runecrafting does require a lot of attention.

I am runecrafting right now, and look how much I'm getting done.

cowpantsresized.png

ow does mining 1,448,271 essence sound to you? :P And then making 1,448,271 nature runes after that? That's like 40,000 loads of runes and over 500 hours of runecrafting.

That's all fine and dandy, but that doesn't take away from the fact how easy getting those ess is. You seriously can be doing homework or not even looking and still get over 1k ess in like 45 mins, easy. I got 10k nature runes in a day and a half, barely even using pouches. So, is runecrafting very time consuming? Of course, no argument against that. I still say smithing for the normal player, just because it's the only skill I know of that at 99 you can literally make billions upon billions. Rcing takes thousands of one thing to make a great profit. 10k nature runes is roughly 2 mill, not very good lol.

Personally for me it's slayer. It's such a bore for me. I already have 99 Runecrafting, and although it did take a long time, I can't imagine going for slayer.

Not sure why prayer is even listed, especially now. If you have the bones you could go from 90-99 in less than a week. Yes getting the bones takes a lot of money, but how much time getting that money takes depends on your other skills or simple luck. Like... if you PKd an AGS in BH, or got a solo hilt drop from arma, you'd have most of the money right there.

I must say I had to go for Runecrafting with this one.

Having recently achieved Runecrafting 99 - taking a few months break at 93, I can say it certainly took a lot of time and dedication to achieve it.

The other competition seems to be Slayer and Farming, although I'm not halfway to farming 99 yet, I'm experienced at Level 90 and can certainly say that's been an absolute breeze to that level. A 30 minute run each night and this is obtainable with minimal-effort, Runecrafting is constant attention. Slayer, I'd have to say even though it's slower exp again - you've got less attention required for the majority of things than Runecrafting in my opinion.

Meh, maybe I'm biased but it seems to be the general opinion too. ::'

Herblore, it takes AGES to get the money (about 150-200 million).

If money isn't an problem for the Runescaper then it's most likely RC.

Herblore is easy with farming, buy kwuarm seeds, make potions, sell, buy more seeds. Repeat.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

Of those, I'd say Slayer from a perfectly objective standpoint, seeing as I have not gotten 99 in any of those skills, and in fact have no 99s and no real 99 goal (besides 92 hp so the Beast can't onehit me :lol: that's close enough to 99, right?)

Why?

Let's seee.

Prayer: buyable. Stock up on bones and used a gilded altar and the levels are decently fast so long as you don't bury too many by accident. How I level it: BUYABLE. Killing dragons for the bones is a pain in the rear.

Farming: Semi-buyable. You can buy the seeds, but you have to make sure your crops don't die... How I level it: Thieving is fuuuuun. Er, unbuyable.

Runecrafting: Buyable. 'Nuff said. How I level it: Penguin points and the occasional 'i'm bored and have way too much time on my hands let's go mine some pure ess and makies some runes'.

Slayer: Completely and totally unbuyable. How I level it: Fight fight fight! ... and procrastionate hill giants because they're BOOORRRIIIIING.

... Come to think of it RCing is really f'ing hard and really f'ing boring...

Eh.

Slayer/RCing. Farming is fun and prayer isn't that hard with d'bones and a gilded altar in Yanille.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

ow does mining 1,448,271 essence sound to you? :P And then making 1,448,271 nature runes after that? That's like 40,000 loads of runes and over 500 hours of runecrafting.

That's all fine and dandy, but that doesn't take away from the fact how easy getting those ess is. You seriously can be doing homework or not even looking and still get over 1k ess in like 45 mins, easy. I got 10k nature runes in a day and a half, barely even using pouches. So, is runecrafting very time consuming? Of course, no argument against that. I still say smithing for the normal player, just because it's the only skill I know of that at 99 you can literally make billions upon billions. Rcing takes thousands of one thing to make a great profit. 10k nature runes is roughly 2 mill, not very good lol.

Wait I'm confused... First of all, the question is "What 99 takes the longest to accomplish." So if you say that runecrafting is time-consuming, then wouldn't runecrafting be your answer? Because time consuming skills usually take the longest to accomplish?

And are you saying that at 99 smithing you can make billions upon billions of gp? Because if you are, that is certainly not true. Runecrafting is like 50x more profitable than smithing.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Hardest are slayer, runecrafting, and summoning. Prayer is just cost with very little time taken up. Farming is slow in terms of real time but not that slow, and requires very little game time.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Runecrafting: Buyable. 'Nuff said. How I level it: Penguin points and the occasional 'i'm bored and have way too much time on my hands let's go mine some pure ess and makies some runes'.

Slayer: Completely and totally unbuyable. How I level it: Fight fight fight! ... and procrastionate hill giants because they're BOOORRRIIIIING.

How is runecrafting buyable?

Unless you do trust trades with people to bring you essence there is no way you can't spend a lot of time leveling the skill.

Runecrafting takes 6 months or more to reach 99 which would be the hardest and most boring 6 months compared to all the other skills.

Sure slayer may take just as long but you train it with other skills which makes it not as bad.

Runecrafting is definitely the hardest and the longest 99 to achieve.

A lot of people here are saying Runecrafting, just because slayer is more enjoyable so it seems like the time goes by faster. But purely from a time standpoint, hours spent on slayer would be greater than hours spent on rc. This poll is asking which skill takes the longest, and I think that Slayer is the one that takes the longest.

Taking a look at http://runetracker.org which is part of Runescripts tracking function here are the records for each skill.

Slayer:

1 Day: 1,301,782

1 Week: 3,296,050

1 Month: 12,394,277

Runecrafting:

1 Day: 3,000,000

1 Week: 5,861,483

1 Month: 17,583,845

So based off records set, which are obviously going to be the maxxed out and absolutely fastest ways of training, runecrafting is way faster.

A lot of people here are saying Runecrafting, just because slayer is more enjoyable so it seems like the time goes by faster. But purely from a time standpoint, hours spent on slayer would be greater than hours spent on rc. This poll is asking which skill takes the longest, and I think that Slayer is the one that takes the longest.

Taking a look at http://runetracker.org which is part of Runescripts tracking function here are the records for each skill.

Slayer:

Runecrafting:

So based off records set, which are obviously going to be the maxxed out and absolutely fastest ways of training, runecrafting is way faster.

The thing with these statistics is runecrafting can be leveled the fastest way possible without huge costs. At the fastest way possible you will still profit a fair bit.

Slayer on the other hand could be faster if people spent millions of gp every day to finish the tasks they are given. It would be highly possible to get a close amount or even more then runecrafting if people spent more money to level it the fastest way possible.

If people used:

red chins

cannon

ancient magicks spells

best melee weapons

best armour

Potions

Familiars

etc.

They would be able to get insane amount of experience in one day. Most slayers however do not have the funds or do not want to waste the money to level it that quickly.

You also have to consider slayer relays on many other skills whereas runecrafting is more standalone and can be leveled without the use of any other skills making it almost unfair to compare in that way to slayer.The two skills are so opposite and different comparing their difficult and time consumption is hard to do in an equal way that does not favour one over the other. While they are both difficult and long skills they are so for different reasons.

Also are those daily stats referring to one person? If so that means for runecrafting the person played 24 hours straight gaining 125k xp an hour. That is not possible. Unless of course it happened before the trade limit came into effect whch means that xp is outdated and shouldn't be considered anymore.

I find that very circumstantial. It's possible to get Magic up really fast if you have hundreds of people with tons of HP in a combat ring, but this doesn't make it safe to say, "Magic is the fastest skill".

Seeing that I'm going for 99 RCing... I want to make my achievement look better so... RCING! :P

Me and a Friend chose to race between me getting 99 rcing purely f2p, and him getting 99 smithing purely f2p. We chose those skills because they were ones of the hardest and longest f2p skills. (Well, we thought so anyways...)

I find RCing very relaxing. When you get bored, you can try and get more FOG points for gloves, and other times when you're bored you can do The Great Orb Project to get free rune ess.

And for all you people saying Herblore is hard... It took me about 2m to get lvl 60. So I don't think I would call that hard lol

Mud_Man55.png

Mud_Man55.png

archsupportei2.png

-Literaly the longest would be farming with spending alot of cash on tree seeds and farming herbs and allontments you get about 13k an hour.

-Runecrafting feels like its the longest because its so damn repetitive :shock:

-Slayer is slow but still faster than farming and it seams faster because you are training other skills and making money off drops

-Prayer can be bought so no contest.

hernet0.png

Hernet0.png

runecrafting. farming may be longer but I am waiting for my buddy drumgun to see how fast he gets it. rc took him the longest, 1 month so far...

btw he got 99 slayer from 75 in under 2 weeks i believe.

the records on the tracker are not accurate 100% because old records before the site was made are not shown

helbovie.png

[hide=CampbellMC]

Slayer:

Runecrafting:

[/hide]

The thing with these statistics is runecrafting can be leveled the fastest way possible without huge costs. At the fastest way possible you will still profit a fair bit.

Slayer on the other hand could be faster if people spent millions of gp every day to finish the tasks they are given. It would be highly possible to get a close amount or even more then runecrafting if people spent more money to level it the fastest way possible.

If people used:

red chins

cannon

ancient magicks spells

best melee weapons

best armour

Potions

Familiars

etc.

They would be able to get insane amount of experience in one day. Most slayers however do not have the funds or do not want to waste the money to level it that quickly.

You also have to consider slayer relays on many other skills whereas runecrafting is more standalone and can be leveled without the use of any other skills making it almost unfair to compare in that way to slayer.The two skills are so opposite and different comparing their difficult and time consumption is hard to do in an equal way that does not favour one over the other. While they are both difficult and long skills they are so for different reasons.

Also are those daily stats referring to one person? If so that means for runecrafting the person played 24 hours straight gaining 125k xp an hour. That is not possible. Unless of course it happened before the trade limit came into effect whch means that xp is outdated and shouldn't be considered anymore.

The slayer records are set with people spending millions, they are during the TSG slayer competitions and people seriously do every task as fast as they can, and cancel other tasks that arent fast to ensure they get the top xp that day. When people do slayer just an above average way, say they just wanted to break even or make a small profit, they can still only do about 25-30k xp an hour. Slayer is not fast by any means. With runecrafting you can do 30k+ an hour easily at level 60 at the ZMI.

Slayer also doesn't really rely on a lot of stats. In order to max out training speed you would really only need 99 att, 99 str, 30 def, 40 range and half decent prayer. With runecrafting in order to get a good training speed you need Lunars complete, half decent defence, decent agility and some start up cash.

The amount of stuff required to obtain the max training speed shouldnt matter, it is how long the 99 takes overall, and I still think that slayer is much slower, as long as you can stick with rc. Just because rc is boring doesnt mean it takes longer.

And for all you people saying Herblore is hard... It took me about 2m to get lvl 60. So I don't think I would call that hard lol

Yes but you still had another 12.7 million xp to go =D>

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Yes but you still had another 12.7 million xp to go =D>

Yeah... But once I'm done with rcing and I become a member again I'm going to get 99 herblore <3:

Mud_Man55.png

Mud_Man55.png

archsupportei2.png