OMG 13GP!

duncdar2

This is a rant about the basic general store's MAIN stock. Very recently, the hammer, a neglected item, is now sold at 13GP instead of 1. now, you may think that, 13 gp, pitiful. I agree, but over of a year, I buy roughly 500 Hammers, 500*13=6,500 Gold, still not much, but the converting my brain to withdraw 13 GP instead 1 when I smith, is actually hard.

To all those people who say just keep it in your bank, well then, why should I? It takes up 1 more space then I really care for. Whenever I smithed, I dumped my hammers. Then when I needed one, I bought it for 1GP.

Also, now the chisel costs 14 GP, another item which I dropped quite often after use. And, in other shops, items have also went up in price. It just makes me wonder, why up the cost of an item that is rarely bought on the G E? This served no purpose what so ever.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Making a rant about it should reinforce the idea into your head that you need to withdraw 13gp. If you still forget, you should just find an item in your bank that you can do without and replace it with a hammer.

You shouldn't be buying 500 hammers a year either. Think of all that time you spent withdrawing gp and buying them. You can save yourself lots of time by sticking with one hammer.

didn't this also happen to many other items that could be sold on the ge at higher prices? the items had their prices on the ge set to the price shop, and then like a week later, the shop price depends on the ge instead

fishing.gif

I really don't think there is anything we can do.. Unless everyone stops buying hammers/chisels..

I was thinking- 500 hammers? There's only 365 days! How could you possibly STAND buying a hammer almost everyday- or maybe 2, 3, possibly 4 times a day?

That blew my mind..

And hey, leave him alone. Obviously it bothers him but not enough to buy a permanent hammer/chisel , and he wants to rant.

I'm sure you guys have ranted about stupid stuff too, maybe not on forums or anywhere public, but I'm sure you have.

Seriously?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

13 gp for a hammer certainly makes a hulluva lot more sense than 1 gp. But seriously, just put it in your bank. I have one of every tool in my bank and I haven't been so cramped on space that I've needed to throw one of them out yet.

I am guessing our author is f2p if he is worried about the one space. If your a mem, then get a freaking house and make some space. Since you smith alot (any one who needs to buy a hammer more than once a day presumably smith alot), this is probably a prioity task. Surely you can find something you don't need to make the space. If this is not something you do alot of, just frequently (like a couple smith runs, drop hammer, smith again an hour later), then perhaps you should stock up and smith more at once.

And thats a huge ammount of waisted time. You have easily spent hours buying hammers. Unless there is an anvil in a general store I am unaware of, even the closest one is going to be 20-30 seconds. At 20 seconds per hammer that 2.7 hours, at 30 secs per hammer, its 4.17 hours.

In my opinion, paying 6.5k per year really isn't that bad. But if you really don't want to pay, just keep some hammers in your bank. It'll use up 1 slot, but runescape members have what, like 500 slots? I keep a couple of each tool in my bank, just in case I ever need them. And yeah, if you are a free player, I guess it could use up some space. But yeah, I don't think 6.5k per year is THAT unreasonable.

Genrok.png

Genrok.png

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I guess you just have to get used to the 13gp. =/ You could always just carry money around with you. But if you're going to be smithing right after buying the hammer, that probably won't help much.

Genrok.png

Genrok.png

or instead of buying a hammer you could keep a clay tool in your bank and recharge it/buy another one when you're done with it. That way, not only do you keep a hammer, but that hamemr isn't totally "worthless".

Spoken from the person who owned 23+ clay tools.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I'd still think it would be best to keep a hammer. This is why F2P needs more bankspace... <flame>

FTP NEEDS LESS NOT MORE!!!

Actually, I think they could do with more. It's just plain frustrating when your FTP, more likely to make you quit then become a member.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

When did this happen... :oops: :cry:

A few weeks ago with the price update. It was announced on the main page...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

When did this happen... :oops: :cry:

A few weeks ago with the price update. It was announced on the main page...

I could've sworn I bought a chisel/tinderbox from the general store for 1 gp each yesterday...

Those were not updated

DeviledEgg24.png