Champion's Challenge (Minigame)

Dire_Wolf

This minigame have been overlooked. I believe this minigame has great potential.

First of all, what do you do? You duel monsters. We all can agree on one thing, dueling other players is great fun.

Let's have a look at the duels:

1. Imp

champion_imp.gif

2. Goblin

champion_goblin.gif

3. Skeleton

champion_skeleton.gif

4. Zombie

champion_zombie.gif

5. Giant

champion_giant.gif

6. Hobgoblin

champion_hobgoblin.gif

7. Ghoul

champion_ghoul.gif

8. Earth warrior

champion_earth_warrior.gif

9. Jogre

champion_jogre1.gif

10. Lesser demon

champion_lesser_demon.gif

Final duel (11):

Leo D'cour

champions_leon_decour.gif

What do all of these duels have in common?

1) Easy as hell (Even F2Pers could kill them with ease i bet)

2) Rewards that's not great.

Result:

Not a minigame that many likes, and far to easy to enjoy.

But let's look at the potential this minigame can have shall we?

There is only 11 races in current duels, and all of them are part of the weakest group. I don't know how many races there are in Runescape but i would guess over 40+.

What would make this minigame exciting?

Well...let's look at two things that's fun.

1) Dueling

2) Monster Hunting (Bosses)

Combined: Dueling Monsters (Specially High Level Ones)

How would this work? Well i hope it wouldn't work like the scroll system. But that there was strong monsters at a new building like Champion Guild, and you went to them and requested a duel like usual duels at Al kharid.

Anyhow that's just a idea to show how good this minigame can be turned into.

Also if they did not do a system like what i mentioned, they could just do the scroll system but with more monsters and strong ones!

Hopefully better rewards too! Maybe armors that the duelers are using?!

I think this minigame has potential. Imagen being able to duel a monster as strong as General Graardor or a Black demon, or .... a strong orc! There are many strong monsters in Runescape, and it sure would be fun to duel them, if not alot but once!

Taken from Tip.it minigame guide:

larxus.png

More champions may rise to test your mettle in future

Discuss

The flaw with that game is simple:

The challenge scrolls are stupidly rare and are dropped by stupidly weak monsters.

90% (at a rough guess) has never had a challenge scroll. I mean, for example, in my clan I'm one of the lowest levels combat wise; yet I'm one of about 3 who have actually had a challenge scroll. And even then it took me from 80 to 85 def at armoured zombies to get it which means literally thousands of zombies.

I agree the game can be awesome if it was expanded to cover more races, as probably was an original plan.

However the rewards need to upped a bit while the scrolls are made more common, a lot more common.

Considering it's a game viable for players who can kill imps, goblins etc and takes place in one of the first guilds you can access the scrolls should drop far far more often, especially as we get into higher level creatures. I mean fair enough maybe killing a few hundred to manage to get a scroll, but the average rate should be drop of like 1 in 100 not 1 in 10,000 if your lucky

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I agree.

Btw I can't see the images of the champions. I'm using Windows Safari.

Is there a way to find out which scrolls you've had? I vaguely remember getting a couple early in my rs career but I'm another 99 slayer who hasn't seen a challenge scroll for years.

Once you've succesfully beaten a champion a banner of that race will appear on the wall there.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

1 in 700 to 1000 for normal monsters

1 in 200-400 for bosses?

Should be fun if that happens and you get to get scrolls from all races!

More frequent would be good, but 700-1000 is frankly just to common.

Depending on the monster, a player can kill normally 1000 creatures in just a couple hours. It should take longer than that to get scrolls. I would rather have a system where it is not a random drop.

A counter would count how many of one particular monster you have killed. Every 10,000 kills a scroll would drop. This way it is not simply luck, but something you can work towards.

10,000 is not to much to ask for, as this is supposed to be a long term challenge. It should be something you have to spend several days working for, not something you finish in a couple hours.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Never had a champion scroll, and I've done my share of fighting. They're too rare, but I don't really care because the rewards suck :P .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I've had 3 challenge scrolls and I'm combat 80, lol. I guess I can be lucky with stuff I don't care about, but never with something I want. Isn't it easier to get a d chain at BA gambling than getting one of these scrolls?

The_marauder.png

Playing since late '04. Yes, I DO screw around a lot.

Formerly The Maruder1 -- I finally got the name I've always wanted :)

Still desperately want one so I can I can unlock the one and only track I need. After I'm tired of Runecrafting and sorted out the other goals I got in runescape I'll start hunting specifically for a challenge scroll again.

Dark_Jab.png

Wish i got more comments about potential of Champion's Challenge, rather about scrolls and the drop rates :(

I hope there will be a monster arena filled with monsters you duel, and with spesific rules and the rewards is something good. But the challenge/duel should be very hard (Example of hardness: Like Jad)

I am vehemently opposed to making champion scrolls more common. The whole idea behind the challenge is that it's VERY challenging. What needs to be changed is that they either add the next 5 champions they promised, with GOOD rewards (since they are the other 5 higher champions it requires the lower 10 scrolls beaten.) or they need to upgrade the current rewards for the 10 lower champions.

I actually have a topic on the matter of suggesting better rewards here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=787907&start=0

There is also a topic suggesting this on the RSOF:

74-75-828-58367247

I think with some activity in the rsof topic, or maybe my tip it topic (as now jagex and tip it are affiliated? The rsof topic is likely a better place for this however) may help bring attention to these ridiculous rewards.

I don't regret completing the challenge, the sense of accomplishment is great, but I really wish I had something to show for it than just a few screenshots.

Currently the average probability of recieving a champion scroll is 1/5000. Lesser demons scrolls are slightly more common and skeleton scrolls are slightly rarer. I think this ratio should be kept.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

The rewards clearly don't match up well with the rarity of challenges.

I'd love to see a reward that is monster-related. Like if you kill the demon champion, you get a 5%+ permanent atk/str bonus against demons.

Even a 1-2% jump would both make sense and be a really nice add-on.

stormveritas.png

Ive never gotten a scroll.

Id be pretty opposed to expanding this minigame really. Jagex refuses to release higher level content because there isnt enough people to take advantage of it. So not only would only a select few be able to take advantage of it, very few actually would because the rewards are so poor. There is plenty of other content that needs to be released before this.

envysfavouritemember.png

You cannot link images from RuneScape's website. If you want to use those images, you have to save them, then upload them to a different image hosting site like Image Shack or TinyPic. But that might be illegal. I'm not really sure :oops:

If you want pictures from champion's challenge stuff you can get them out of my guide, I don't think the pictures are all that necessary though.

Jagex, 2 years ago, promised for more champions to kill. They also promised "great fame and riches." It's been 2 years, can we have it already? =P

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I got two zombie scrolls in under 10 kills at armoured zombies, too bad that luck can't turn into a visage #-o

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

I got two zombie scrolls in under 10 kills at armoured zombies, too bad that luck can't turn into a visage #-o

So you're the reason it took me 9000 kills to get my zombie scroll!

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

So you're the reason it took me 9000 kills to get my zombie scroll!

I was? I mean of course I was! mwhaha

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

Ive had 3 scrolls so far :

Imp : 12916 imps

Goblin : 6723 goblins

Jogre : 152 Jogres

Ill finish it eventually.....

Nice avatar. :lol:

On Topic:

I've only had one, a Lesser Demon scroll I got randomly years back.

My brother has two, one he got from hobgoblins while hunting limpwurt roots, and a a ghoul scroll he got while actively hunting for it.

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]