Riots in Runescape, have you seen one?

Neos_Matrix

LOL Rioting in Runescape is like peeing in the ocean.

someone is bound to swallow it?

Yeah. :|

And the fact that it's for the most part, completely useless.

Well, it's a relief to not have a full bladder though.

That's the only good part - it makes the rioters feel good, like they've done something.

it lets jagex know how the players feel about what they've just done even if it isn't successful. if you notice, all these riots have greatly impacted how people played the game. people who aren't greatly affected by it think it's stupid to even raise an eyebrow at. a pker has the wilderness taken away and given a trash minigame called bh which was also taken away, a staker who does millions/even billions of gp worth at a time is reduced to like 50k a stake, people don't like that jagex took away things they like to fix a different problem in the game. now to just accept it and don't question jagex's logic is really out of the question. why don't you go tell all the people who protest the war to go home and they're being idiots because we're still gonna be in the war no matter what kind of signs they hold.

What?

m_theory11.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the Abyssal riot of world 18 when they fixed the bug the day the abyss came out to where mages could pk people in the abyss, but nobody else could attack. Many people were protesting those changes, and encouraging for the abyss to be a pkable area...

captain_poet.png

I saw the swiftswitch riot, pest control riot, and bounty hunter riots. I was one of those clowns who decided to go to a corner of the riot area and started screaming "save the whales!!!!". Before you know it the pest control riot was filled up with "save the whales" spam for a few minutes until people realized that the riot was going offtopic and they went back to threatening to quit if pest control was un-nerfed.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

rioting's like farting in bath and body works and expecting someone to smell it.

The Jmods standing behind you just might. :|

Rioting is chaos, but choas attracts attention and if it draws in some Jmods then Jagex is noticing.

Will they care? Will they do anything about it? Chances are slim, but most people think that it's better than doing nothing.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

f2.png

Is this from your own experience?

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

f2.png

Is this from your own experience?

Probably, seeing as the screen name in the screenie chatbox is the same as his RSN...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

yeah well, now youtube noobs post stuff like "riot!! riot!!! riot!!!"

no modern day riot could match ANY riot in the old days

pest control riot was massive in world 44 fally sq i was there

duel arena(which needs to be fixed) was probably the worst.. huge riot in the main staking world (i forget it)- there were so many famous people there.. i remember a level 54, he had "rebal" in his name, tried to stake me his red phat. he was very mad.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

LOL Rioting in Runescape is like peeing in the ocean.

someone is bound to swallow it?

Yeah. :|

And the fact that it's for the most part, completely useless.

Well, it's a relief to not have a full bladder though.

That's the only good part - it makes the rioters feel good, like they've done something.

Well the bad thing is Jagex actually listened to them once. Bad idea.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I always liked Riots, funny moments of RuneScape history. The only riot I've been in (visited, not spamming) was the SS riot in Janurary 2, 2007? Or 2008? Good ol' times. :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

it lets jagex know how the players feel about what they've just done even if it isn't successful. if you notice, all these riots have greatly impacted how people played the game. people who aren't greatly affected by it think it's stupid to even raise an eyebrow at. a pker has the wilderness taken away and given a trash minigame called bh which was also taken away, a staker who does millions/even billions of gp worth at a time is reduced to like 50k a stake, people don't like that jagex took away things they like to fix a different problem in the game. now to just accept it and don't question jagex's logic is really out of the question. why don't you go tell all the people who protest the war to go home and they're being idiots because we're still gonna be in the war no matter what kind of signs they hold.

Oh I should have known.

Do you really think Jagex listen? I can see their conversation now:

Mod 1: *sits down in canteen* Yeah so did you see that in world 8 earlier?

Mod 2: Oh I heard, wilderness right?

Mod 1: Haha yeah, they know we can't bring it back so what's the point?

Mod 2: God I can't wait until they get over it... *sips coffee*

And you do realise most of your post was ranting about the wildy, and I don't need to question Jagex because they already told us OLD WILDY = RWT, RWT = BAD, Therefore, OLD WILDY = BAD.

There's a difference between irl protests and internet ones, like with internet petitions, they don't do jack [cabbage] and only do a little more [cabbage] irl.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

good ol swiftswitch lol

f2.png

Seeing that reapme was part of the problem isn't as much of a surprise when you realize him, and half of his clan, are going to be permabanned for abusing the pvp glitch.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

good ol swiftswitch lol

f2.png

Seeing that reapme was part of the problem isn't as much of a surprise when you realize him, and half of his clan, are going to be permabanned for abusing the pvp glitch.

we pwned jagex on this one actually :lol:

jagex agrees to allow SS after the riot after the "overwhelming support" i think were the words by jagex itself

we express our frustration with the riots, we don't really expect them to go back and change. they're also fun too. you can say we're wasting our time but it draws alot of attention. lots of j mods show up but they can't really do anything but mass mute.

we know they put alot of thought into it and why it has to be done but they're really ruining the way lots of people play. if it doesn't affect you then fine, it's easy to tell others to just like different things.

what do you do when jagex takes away a big part of why you play the game, bow down to the almighty corporation and adapt because they know everything?

Oh I should have known.

And you do realise most of your post was ranting about the wildy, and I don't need to question Jagex because they already told us OLD WILDY = RWT, RWT = BAD, Therefore, OLD WILDY = BAD.

There's a difference between irl protests and internet ones, like with internet petitions, they don't do jack [cabbage] and only do a little more [cabbage] irl.

did you ever rwt? not gonna lie, i sold maybe 2 bil before they caught me, not once had i ever used wild as a method of rwt nor have i ever seen it. we'd just trade it on our mules. wild was not used for rwt but it could be used that way if they took out free trade. so to take away rwt, you take away a different part of the game. same with duel arena. old wild wasn't bad, rwt trading was bad and eventually old wild could be used as rwt but that doesn't make it bad, it makes it a problem.

btw how do the internet protests get resolved? j mods come in and mute and try to calm people down

how do irl protests get resolved? tear gas and mace lol

basically they do nothing and nothing gets resolved

What?

m_theory11.png

The only one I've ever run into was back in RSC with people (I think mostly from Corr? Dunno), closing the doors of banks, so people couldn't access the bankers if they were outside or leave the bank if they were inside. This was the reason no major place like banks have doors which you can open/close in rs2.

I don't know what they were rioting against but it's still funny to this day or if they were just having a laugh. Kind of like planting mithril seeds where people are firemaking.

No, I have never been a part of one of those. And never seen one in action either to be honest. And I hope I never get to, since I find it wrong and just stupid, at least most of them.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Ah riots, back in the days. I remember those 5 man riots which nobody would join, epic.

Nowadays people in runescape only sit on their couch and eat monkfish, you guys should riot moar!!!!!! Lets start a riot!!!!!!

[yt]XncuY4wLaA8[/yt]

Hmm about errr......

can anybody think of something?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Oh I should have known.

did you ever rwt? not gonna lie, i sold maybe 2 bil before they caught me, not once had i ever used wild as a method of rwt nor have i ever seen it. we'd just trade it on our mules. wild was not used for rwt but it could be used that way if they took out free trade. so to take away rwt, you take away a different part of the game. same with duel arena. old wild wasn't bad, rwt trading was bad and eventually old wild could be used as rwt but that doesn't make it bad, it makes it a problem.

btw how do the internet protests get resolved? j mods come in and mute and try to calm people down

how do irl protests get resolved? tear gas and mace lol

basically they do nothing and nothing gets resolved

And I honestly thought I couldn't have a lower opinion of you then you bring this out.

No, I have NEVER RWTed, it's cheating and a scummy, disgraceful thing to do. I don't get half of your post, you're just chatting [cabbage] about stuff. I'm not going to get into an argument with you either because you're not worth it.

Tbh I just think protests irl have more of an impact than ones would in Runescape. And I've been a part of real life protests, if they're peaceful then they don't end in tear gas. ::'

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

And I honestly thought I couldn't have a lower opinion of you then you bring this out.

No, I have NEVER RWTed, it's cheating and a scummy, disgraceful thing to do. I don't get half of your post, you're just chatting [cabbage] about stuff. I'm not going to get into an argument with you either because you're not worth it.

I understand where you're coming from, but do you know how much money that is? You could practically buy a car with that much. I've never been a supporter of RWT but, wow.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

The obvious Wildy Riot, and the lesser-known small 'Presidential Riot'.

In world 82 (I think), on the night of Obama's win, there was a relatively small riot on Obama and McCain.

I have 2 pictures, but they are when the rant ended (almost). It was a full-fledged riot, however. I had to turn off public, occasionally, to keep the lagg down ;_;

[hide=The 'Presedential Riot']presidentcampain2.png

&

presidentcampain3.png[/hide]

I also remember someone saying 'Obama is a terrorist. He is related to Osama'

It was so damn funny listening to psycho's rant on about the president o_o

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png