Tip.It Times: 19 April 2009

n_odie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the did you know is wrong

it's 20% more damage to flag bearer and an additional note, it heals 50% more than normal banadges

Corrected. :) Thanks!

PS I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread so thanks to others for pointing it out.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

In my opinion, the development diaries so far have been worthless. If you compare them to the Impetuous Impulses or Summoning ones, they have next to no interesting information in them.

why would you do that? jagex says they are different than the first ones.

they are supposed to be more like blogs,and i for one like them.

also, knowing of a third part in thr fairy series is far from useless, i hope its as rewarding as the second though.

notasandwich000457.png

lolwot125740.png

Sure the amount of content so far this year has been disappointing, as has the content itself but it didn't come as a surprise if you'd paid attention to what Jagex have been telling you.

No, it's not a surprise as Jagex did mention this last year. It was my fault for assuming that meant we were trading in quantity for quality. Most people were in favor of doing away with a barrage of weekly mediocre updates in favor of one big update a month. I think there was even a poll showing that awhile back. I find it hard to defend them when, in your own words, "the amount of content so far this year has been disappointing."

rssig2.png

Sure the amount of content so far this year has been disappointing, as has the content itself but it didn't come as a surprise if you'd paid attention to what Jagex have been telling you.

No, it's not a surprise as Jagex did mention this last year. It was my fault for assuming that meant we were trading in quantity for quality. Most people were in favor of doing away with a barrage of weekly mediocre updates in favor of one big update a month. I think there was even a poll showing that awhile back. I find it hard to defend them when, in your own words, "the amount of content so far this year has been disappointing."

=D> :thumbsup: =D>

In my opinion, the development diaries so far have been worthless. If you compare them to the Impetuous Impulses or Summoning ones, they have next to no interesting information in them.

why would you do that? jagex says they are different than the first ones.

they are supposed to be more like blogs,and i for one like them.

also, knowing of a third part in thr fairy series is far from useless, i hope its as rewarding as the second though.

I for one learnt far more from the cryptic clues in the chaos elemental's postbag comments than I did from a pointless diary showing some pretty pictures. There was a suggestion of a fairy quest in there, and anyway you'd have to be pretty dense not to get that the fairy godmother can't really stay exiled for ever, leaving orks roaming through zanaris...

Like the diaries if you like, but for anyone wishing to find out something INTERESTING (from the gamer's view, not the developer) they are pretty useless.

I liked the first article. I've been wanting to fight some boss monsters, but I don't know if any can be maged.

I liked the second one too. I like MMG telling us stuff in his chat, but I do wish they released more updates. I have heard a rumor that Jagex is working on another MMO, which could explain the slowing down of updates, and the more maintenance type of updates.

The third article was good. I like hearing about older players who play the game.

I don't usually read the fictional articles.

03warrior.png

I liked the first article. I've been wanting to fight some boss monsters, but I don't know if any can be maged. I doubt it.

I liked the second one too. I like MMG telling us stuff in his chat, but I do wish they released more updates. I have heard a rumor that Jagex is working on another MMO, which could explain the slowing down of updates, and the more maintenance type of updates. Yes its called Mechscape.

The third article was good. I like hearing about older players who play the game.

I don't usually read the fictional articles.

I liked the second one too. I like MMG telling us stuff in his chat, but I do wish they released more updates. I have heard a rumor that Jagex is working on another MMO, which could explain the slowing down of updates, and the more maintenance type of updates. Yes its called Mechscape.

This question has been asked before, and Jagex's response has been that Mechscape has their own separate crew independent of Runescape.

rssig2.png

I read all the articles as i always do (except the fictional :? ) and liked thme all

but i have a question reagrading the did you know tid bit. Ieve never heard of a castle wars bracelet and when i tried to look them up on tipit item database there was no such thing. Any answers here?

Amare_nash33.png

I read all the articles as i always do (except the fictional :? ) and liked thme all

but i have a question reagrading the did you know tid bit. Ieve never heard of a castle wars bracelet and when i tried to look them up on tipit item database there was no such thing. Any answers here?

It's an enchanted emerald bracelet.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=6895

rssig2.png

Excellent articles, a round of wizard mind bomb for all the authors.

The article that I enjoyed the most is Altricious'. I have been trying to qualitatize the appeal of runescape for a long time and am glad to see another player making an attempt at it.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

I have got to say, I have not been a big fan of the Development Diaries. They seem promotional rather than informative. Rather than JAGEX saying what updates are coming soon, it's more of a way for JAGEX Mods to say how awesome the stuff they're doing is.

As for the boss monsters, I am kind of a lone player, as most of my friends quit years ago, so I am not much up for groups. Every time JAGEX forces people into groups, I find it to be pretty sucky. *cough* Barbarian Assault *cough* Quests like the Heroes Quest and Shield of Arrav work in much the same way. You throw some people together who want to get it done, not play for the fun of it. That is why they should make monsters that are soloable and teamable (?). It allows players to play in the manner they wish to.

qeauxraline.png

"Call now, and I'll replace your old television with a new one that looks just like it, while you sleep!" --Dogbert

Boss hunting. The one thing in Runescape I LOVED doing more than anything in the game. I trained my Herblore to make potions cheaper. I trained farming to make my potions faster, less expense. I trained combat so that I could kill the Monsters faster. I trained my contruction so that I would have a safe home to teleport into incase of an emergency. Boss Hunting: The one reason why I was rich on Runescape. The first article was a GREAT read. Made me wish I still had access to Trojann2, So that I could work my way into the Huntin' business again. I agree that the Tug O' War is going on. But I am a strong believer that Jagex will continue to pump out good updates for both the Solo'er and the Team oriented player. Only reason I say that is because the way that Jagex came out with Mithril Dragons BEFORE GWD. I was talking to my teammates almost everynight in DK lair that I was waiting for the next new Monster...Too bad Jagex fulfilled my dreams 3 days after I quit, never to return. :(

Oh Well, At least WoW has awesome graphics when I'm running raids and Dungeons :)

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I have got to say, I have not been a big fan of the Development Diaries. They seem promotional rather than informative. Rather than JAGEX saying what updates are coming soon, it's more of a way for JAGEX Mods to say how awesome the stuff they're doing is.

Totally agree. As I see it, solely from a gamer's view, they're an abysmal let-down. Perhaps if I had any interest in game development rather than just playing the end result I may be less disappointed, but even then I suspect the diaries would become rather patronising. Let's just hope they actually start doing something awesome, rather than trying to dupe everyone with the development diaries and then releasing poor quality updates!

Good round of articles this week.

Personally, I think the diary developments was more informative.

It raised an interesting question on Jagex's track record so far this year.

The last four months have been more of a letdown.

And that's a third of the year, 8 months give or take left.

I was dumbfounded when I read their first DD on the dwarf quest. It could have been posted on the forums for all the use it is...The second one is the same. And the other 2 which had subject matters were lesser in content than previous ones done which were "meaty". They seemed a bit self indulgent too.

Whilst Geoff Eddison was around, the developers it seemed gave some good updates, whilst he headed the RWT'ing showdown, it must be said that 2008 was a decent year.

MMG's approach seems better than his predecessor, I suppose I'll leave my own opinions till probably the summer is over, atleast then he'd have enough time to make some sort of impact.

Altricious' article was awesome. As an older player it really struck a chord.

Most older people scoff at online games so it's nice to know there are other older players out there.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I like the topic about the boss's and their increasing difficulty.

The addy Dragons may reflect the value of dragon legs drops, these stayed over 2m for along time. 2m at that time was what 5m is now, but they stayed at a very high price although the drop rate was 1/150 at most. this may of been because few people understood or had the ability to kill them, hopefully a similar occurance will happen iwth adamantite dragons.

Touch Me

man_ov_milk.png

well we have alot to look at this week i'll give my opinions honestly for once :lol:

1) very nice to read and i agree with it although....

This is the first monster to, instead of being largely unrewarding and difficult to defeat alone, forcing reasonable money-minded boss hunters to fight in a team

isn't grammatically correct 8-)

2)I find jagex milks the DD because players scour it for info about the new update, not actually caring about the development. And wasn't there a thread a while ago with this same thing? only the writer missed BTS

3)nice article, shame there are a load of immature people around these days, pray they leave us when they reach high school :pray:

4) I never read fictionals, when there used to be one article a month i found them dull to be honest

the DYK was a bit meh but i always expect too much after the first one i saw.

all in all i'd give this week a 7/10 which trust me, is good coming from me

Merchant0125.png

5 years on and I still havent seen a horse

Riding next skill? :shock:

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the positive response to my guest article. I have to admit, I was a bit nervous for opening myself up to such public scrutiny.

:)

Altricious

And in return I would like to thank you for writing it. I always enjoy reading mature, well thought out editorials, and yours was one of the best I've read in a long time.

My warmest regards and best wishes to you!