RATM preparing new material

WookieeMania12

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/ratm_preparing_new_material.html

Although guitarist Tom Morello has repeatedly turned down numerous offers to record again with Rage Against The Machine, rumours abound that the reunited political rap-rock giants will enter the studio in the near future to record their first album since 2000's "Renegades".

The band have not revealed a release date, nor confirmed if their longtime label Epic Records will handle the new album. Since reuniting in 2007, Rage Against The Machine have been touring and playing festivals almost non-stop. Vocalist Zach de la Rocha even found time to release a self-titled EP with former Mars Volta drummer Jon Theodore under the name One Day As A Lion.

Morello has also been sowing his creative seeds with his own solo project, The Nigh[bleep]chman, and according to him, that's all he needs. "[The Nigh[bleep]chman is] my principal musical focus, as I see it, for the remainder of my life. From the earliest days of playing open mic nights at coffee houses, it was apparent to me that this music was as important to me as any music I've ever been involved in. It really encapsulates everything I want to do as an artist," he says.

Right now, the band have no plans to tour or play any more live shows, although Morello noted that he doesn't "see any reason to not play more shows".

Looks like Jaerkd00d is gonna be in a good mood.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

I will be sending out a mass-text to all of my friends if they confirm this. I can only pray that they will record as well as 1992 and not 2000.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I don't believe it because ultimate-guitar posted one day that they were making new material, then the next day they said that Tom Morello pretty much called bs. :roll:

I'd like to quote from UG on the same page:

More Rage Against The Machine news:

+ Tom Morello Says 'No Plans' For New RATM Album general music news 12/08/2008

+ Rage Against The Machine Not Recording general music news 10/02/2008

+ New RATM Album In The Cards upcoming releases 09/30/2008

Yeah.

But if they do, I will be very happy also.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I can only pray that they will record as well as 1992 and not 2000.

I agree. Renegades kinda sucked for me. Nothing compared to their older material.

I like Renegades but its not the same when their singing other people's songs.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

It compares to "The Wall" by Pink Floyd for me. Things were just becoming more sour in the band and their music reflected it. It wasn't terrible music, but it just wasn't as good as what they were capable of. That's the reason why I don't have either of those albums in my iTunes.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Why are people taking this seriously? Can we justify it with something more than unsourced rumours? Can we find some new sources where the band retract previous statements where they said they weren't going to record any new material?

Why are people taking this seriously? Can we justify it with something more than unsourced rumours? Can we find some new sources where the band retract previous statements where they said they weren't going to record any new material?

:cry:

Dont kill my dream.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

It won't really be Rage without Tom Morello, he's the best guitarist ever in my opinion. Audioslave is the worst thing to happen to him. I'll buy it but I'd put money on it not being another Bulls On Parade or Killing In The Name Of.

I'd be happy if it wasn't. Just because it got mainstream attention doesn't mean it was a good song :roll:

Anyway hoping for a more Battle Of Los Angeles album (if they even release one)

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

It won't really be Rage without Tom Morello, he's the best guitarist ever in my opinion. Audioslave is the worst thing to happen to him. I'll buy it but I'd put money on it not being another Bulls On Parade or Killing In The Name Of.

I'd be happy if it wasn't. Just because it got mainstream attention doesn't mean it was a good song :roll:

Those are their most overrated songs by FAAAR. If they do I want it to be like self-titled. That would be soooo epic.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Those are their most overrated songs by FAAAR. If they do I want it to be like self-titled. That would be soooo epic.

It would be epic if it did happen. But it's not. So it's not epic.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Mixed feelings on this. RATM is one of my all time favorite bands, along with their self titled being probably my favorite album of all time, but I wasn't really a fan of Evil Empire or Renegades. If they can produce something as good as The Battle of Los Angeles or their self titled, I'd be thrilled. But I don't want something if it's not going to be great.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Mixed feelings on this. RATM is one of my all time favorite bands, along with their self titled being probably my favorite album of all time, but I wasn't really a fan of Evil Empire or Renegades. If they can produce something as good as The Battle of Los Angeles or their self titled, I'd be thrilled. But I don't want something if it's not going to be great.

What are you talking about, evil empire is great.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

What are they angry about these days?

Quit lurking, you've tormented jaerk enough. This is two threads now !

Personally, I'm surprised, however I think there is a high chance this is unsubstansiated rumor.

What are they angry about these days?

Quit lurking, you've tormented jaerk enough. This is two threads now !

Personally, I'm surprised, however I think there is a high chance this is unsubstansiated rumor.

Do people seem to think I like lose sleep over people not liking rage?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.