Help for quests. Should you use them?

I usually (like 90% of the time) use a guide, because i don't get that much fun out of the quests then others. The only times i didn't use a guide was when a quest was just released, like Olaf's quest or the obsidian one, but this only happens occasionally.

i have used a guide for every quest i have ever done.

i thought all players did? :geek:

Most players do, they just don't admit it :P

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I use quest guides all the time, although mainly as others have previously mentioned for information on what items I'll need, any major boss fights, etc. I will try to do the quest, then read the guide, not let the guide propel me through the quest. They are stories that have generally had a decent amount of work put into them and I would like to give them their due appreciation. It can be a daunting task to come up with something engaging and worthwhile. Strictly in terms of completing the quests, guides aren't wrong at all. Everyone's individual preorgative is what matters most. For me personally, I'd just rather not miss out on what was so fun about them in the first place, the accomplishment. Going through motions doesn't do it for me; then again, I am a master quester, so I'm driven to complete them unlike some other people who are driven in other ways.

damoon3hi7.png

I honestly don't know how some quests could be completed without a guide.

Some are easy, but a few are like... how the hell would you figure that out on your own?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Some are easy, but a few are like... how the hell would you figure that out on your own?

Other than trial and error and banging your head on the keyboard, I would imagine hard work. That's why I have the utmost respect for the people that actually go out and figure this stuff out.

damoon3hi7.png

Other than trial and error and banging your head on the keyboard, I would imagine hard work. That's why I have the utmost respect for the people that actually go out and figure this stuff out.

Its not work if its a video game! lol, i ALWAYS use a guide if it sounds dangerous, not for the easy ones though. Like Monkey Madness and Fremmy isles, they were both really annoying and really fun at the same time. If i hadn't used a guide... monkey madness took me 7 hours so yeah

Well, I would rather waste an hour on quest then three hours+. Using a guide is efficient, saves you time and stress, yet it takes the feeling of accomplishment out of completing the quest(or maybe it doesn't). I would imagine a good portion of people only do quests to unlock a new item or monster, i.e. summer's end for corp beast, now if you do a quest with that mindset then what's the point of not using a guide?

Seriously you don't need a quest guide for most parts.

GAME WISE

NPC says "go speak to NPC 2 in Draynor and ask him for his magic seeds"

GUIDES SAYS

After speaking to NPC, go to Draynor and ask NPC 2 for some seeds.

Kinda obvious what you have to do without the need for the guide.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

When I first got members, I rushed through all available/area unlocking quests as fast as possible. I wanted to get them done asap, their requirements gave me something to train for. In retrospect, I find it a shame that I didnt try to do it myself. On the other hand, some quests were VERY hard (MEP2) and they coused me enough trouble as it was even WITH a guide.

New quests I do without a guide, unless I get stuck. In that case, I ask any fellow-questers available, of refer to the tip.it topic. When a reward screenie is posted, Im curious about it, but it only gives me more of a stimulans to get it done!

As a side note, Darkness of Hollowvale was also very hard, and I used a guide to get me through the maze. Im not a great quester, obviously

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I usually take a look at the required items list before taking on a quest. I'm just not amused when I'm in some far off land, and I'm informed that I need a bucket or spade. For older quests that haven't seemed to have seen an update since RS2 launched, I use a guide since the quest can be a mind**** when it comes to figuring things out. Seriously. Quests back then had some obscure puzzles.

When new quests come out, I just grab an axe, tinderbox, knife and some gold and go at it. It proved useful for Tale of the Muspah. Thankfully Erjolf supplied a spade, as well.

Also, I check for any boss fights so I can equip myself as best as possible.