Help for quests. Should you use them?

I've used the quest guides on this website a number of times. The question is: should I? These quest guides are incredibly helpful but making the quests easy would remove a main part of the Runescape game itself besides mini games like Castlewars. If I completed all of the quests I would just sit around and beef up on skills until another quest was released. So I think you should use the help only when you've been stuck for a long time. Several times I used the quest-help and found that I wasn't a high enough level in a certain skill to complete the quest. In another time it was an incredible easy quest I got help with and I had been to lazy to figure it out on my own. So what do you think?

Try figuring out the quest for yourself first, sometimes it's more fun that way (other times it's very frustrating..) And resort to a quest guide if your really in need of help.

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I personally use QuestHelp if I'm really stuck, and then tip.it if that doesn't help me. Otherwise I try my best to not use a guide, it ruins the experience.

However, there's one exception. When I get round to it, I have vowed never to use a guide for ME-PII, even if I get stuck.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

For past 2 yrs or so I've done every quest day of release guideless and I have enjoyed them far more than quest I used a guide for.

but equally I like a challenge and solving thing myself so to me a guide removes from it.

It depends on the indvudiaul

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

My rule is, I just look at the items required section and bring them with me. I feel like having to run to the GE mid quest is not a challenge I am avoiding, but a stupid distraction from the actual quest that should not happen. Then I will figure out the quest on my own unless it gets ridiculous (like the light puzzle in MEP2. I would NEVER have figured that out on my own).

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I used the guides alot when I first started playing, which I sort of regret now, they are extremely helpful on the more difficult/boring quests though. For the past year or so I've only used them when I get really stuck or want to check the best way to fight a boss monster.

Tbh it all boils down to how patient you are while questing, personal I always wanted to race through to the next part of the story and found myself using the guides alot. If your patient enough though I'd suggest you try not to use them, that way it feels more rewarding when you complete them.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I like to scim over the monsters to fight, Items & skills required sections to save time spent at the ge, save myself (from dying) and to see wheather I can actually do the quest.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

Always try to find out the solution yourself first, then go with the quest help here on TIF, on RS or where ever you could find it. But the game becomes more fun if you solove it yourself. I only use some kind of quest help if I REALLY get stuck.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I look at the items that I'll need, and I try to figure it out on my own. I've always liked doing quests the day of release. I've used a guide on a few quests like MEPII and such. I enjoy the story and the rewards more than the puzzles, so I've never had any problems with using guides.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I've used the quest guides on this website a number of times. The question is: should I?

That's totally up to you and what you enjoy about the game. There is no right or wrong about using them, its no more 'cheating' than asking someone for advice in CW. I use them myself from time to time, either if I'm stuck or the content is boring me and I just get to a 'want to finish as I've got this far' state.

Seriously dude, the MMO police will not knock at your door for using a quest guide.

least not for a first offence :lol:

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

Personally, I hate the storyline of all RS quests, and their annoying pre-pubescent dialog, so I tend to use RuneHQ's Guides (tip.it's guides generally get me lost and have less pictures.)

There is nothing wrong with using guides.

Stellactic.gif

Personally, I hate the storyline of all RS quests, and their annoying pre-pubescent dialog,

Everyone stand back... there's an EXTREMELY MATURE ADULT in our midst!

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

In my opinion, doing quests without guides is much more gratifying. When the quest "Darkness of Hallowvale" was released, both my friend and I were online (we both enjoy quests without guides). The quest had alot of puzzles I enjoyed it alot. What even added more to the gratification was that we were among the first people to finish that quest (across all servers I mean), as we were the first people to finish the quest on that world way before anyone else did :lol: . So, we did the quest the instant it was released, we had no help from anyone else other than each other and it was one of the best quests I have done. If I had waited a few days for a guide, then just went through it step by step, there is no possible way I would have had as much fun.

ydrasil.png

I did most of the quests without the guides, and although it does take longer and can become frustrating at times, you learn a lot more about the game. When I first became a member I did many quests and quickly learned a lot about the members world.

3 years later, I became lazy and use the quest guides to see what items I need to acquire etc.

king_bawoul.png

My problem is usually I am at work when a quest is released. By the time I get home and do it the quest is usually completed by someone else so the rewards and an overview of the major parts are out there.

I usually "follow" the work in progress guide on the Runescape Wiki although only really to get a list of items and possible fight details. Nothing worse than taking on a big boss monster unprepared. Did that with the King Ice Troll and died, and if I'd read the guide I'd have known not to pray whatever it was I prayed.

I was off when Chosen Commander was released and did that without a guide. I was probably one of the first to complete it. That said it was a stupidly easy quest.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I find that quests are much funner if you can do them yourself, though I've used guides ever since I became a member >.< When I first started, the first quest I did was rune mysteries. Although it took at least 3 hours, because I couldn't find the air altar, it was fun, and extremely satisfying to know that I finished a quest. I should stop using quest guides so much now though, takes away from the fun really (though I usually just want the rewards ::' ).

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Depends on the quest.

9/10 I'll look at the items required then only look at it again if I get stuck.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]