Dragon Meds

Bloodrex

well i've killed over 1000 fire giants and i didn't get the dragon med, other people around me all did get it...

i must be very unlucky compared to others... i did get quite some nice drops though, but i'd just to like a d-med drop.

could it be that my wealth ring kinda messes with the drop rate of things?

xxquinnxx1.png

xxquinnxx1.png

Dragon medium helmets suck.

Ring of wealth does not increase the chance of rare drop, but once you get a rare drop, it increases the value of that rare drop, if you understand that.

2Xeo5.png

Wealth increases the rate your just unlucky and its only 70k if you really want one just buy it.

well it's just i'd like it but i don't want to pay for it, there're better alternatives out there ^^ but i've already killed 1000 of those and still didn't get one but other get one on their first 50-100 giants...

xxquinnxx1.png

xxquinnxx1.png

Dragon medium helmets suck.

Ring of wealth does not increase the chance of rare drop, but once you get a rare drop, it increases the value of that rare drop, if you understand that.

Thats not true, ring of wealth increases the chance that you will get a rare item. It has nothing to do with value of the item. Whatever the item sells for is what its worth. ::'

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

Thats not true, ring of wealth increases the chance that you will get a rare item. It has nothing to do with value of the item. Whatever the item sells for is what its worth. ::'

You misunderstood him.

If you happen to be lucky and get a rare drop, the ring of wealth gives you a change for a good rare. IE: Imagine you'd get a rune scimmy. Ring of wealth gives you a rune kiteshield instead, since it has a higher value.

Crossed_Body.png

Crossed%20Body.png

You misunderstood him.

If you happen to be lucky and get a rare drop, the ring of wealth gives you a change for a good rare. IE: Imagine you'd get a rune scimmy. Ring of wealth gives you a rune kiteshield instead, since it has a higher value.

Yes, let me try to explain a little better.

Say monster X has a rare drop set consisting of a rune kiteshield, and a dragon chainbody.

You kill one of these monsters and you are miraculously given access to the rare drop set.

The ring of weath increases the chance you will get a dragon chainbody, since it has higher value than a rune kiteshield.

It wont affect the common drop set, but if you get access to the rare set, it will increase the chance of a more valuable drop.

2Xeo5.png

You misunderstood him.

Say monster X has a rare drop set consisting of a rune kiteshield, and a dragon chainbody.

You kill one of these monsters and you are miraculously given access to the rare drop set.

The ring of weath increases the chance you will get a dragon chainbody, since it has higher value than a rune kiteshield.

It wont affect the common drop set, but if you get access to the rare set, it will increase the chance of a more valuable drop.

ah tnx for the explanation! never knew about that! :D

xxquinnxx1.png

xxquinnxx1.png

I've killed well over 10k... only gotten a dragon spear.

Your chances are not too likely but after only 1k it's definitely time to keep trying.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

You misunderstood him.

Ahh, coool! Thanks, I didn't know that! :thumbsup:

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

ive killed around 10k fire giants for slayer or so and I got 1 dmed. it probly has a similar drop rate to a visage or something. its just very rare. Ive gotten left half from them as well, i think spear/med/left half all have same drop rate from giants but this can be false. just off of what friends have gotten and stuff

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

I've never gotten a D med from a fire giant before.

I have gotten things like D chains on dustdevils.

If you want to try your luck on "rares", focus on something that is actually worth alot. Unless your in that "I want to find my own" kind of mood, it isn't really worth setting a goal for. 300k gets you a D Med easily in the GE.

Oh and I always wear ring of wealth against NPCs.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

I've never gotten a D med from a fire giant before.

I have gotten things like D chains on dustdevils.

If you want to try your luck on "rares", focus on something that is actually worth alot. Unless your in that "I want to find my own" kind of mood, it isn't really worth setting a goal for. 300k gets you a D Med easily in the GE.

Oh and I always wear ring of wealth against NPCs.

300k? You can get like 3 or 4 for the price of that.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

You misunderstood him.

Just for your information:

The rare set (as you like to call it) also has crappy drops in it.

The RoW decreases the amount of crappy drops and increases the amount of real rare drops in the rare set so yes, it DOES increase your chances of getting a rare drop.

signature.jpg

My guide: Ring of Wealth explained

8 Dragon Boots (885 kills, 1/111, with RoW)

angel2w.gif

I am almost maxed melee, through mostly slayer.

My "rare" dragon drops:

3 spears

1 shield half

1 dragon med

I hate to think how many fire giants I have slayed in that time, but I'm guessing it's around 10k if not more.

I got 1 spear from black demons the other 2 from dark beasts. Forget about the other 2, as by then they were worth so little I just alched them.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!