Ayreon - Eyes of Time

Mercifull

Been listening to Ayreons album The Final Experiment and thought i'd make a picture based on one of the songs Eyes of Time. Took me quite a while to make it using well over 20 layers. I hope you like it. Rate and CC welcome plz.

26-08-05_ayreon-eyes-of-time.jpg

Sources used:

Picture of me

Greg Martins starfield tutorial

Planet tutorial

Hour glass

Old square clock

Royalty free so stfu if your gonna moan about using other peoples pics. Its PHOTO MANIPULATION thats the whole point.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Right I'm pretty ruthless when it comes to rating pictures, I also don't listen to reason as you know.

<19:20:08> * Chris cracks his knuckles

As usual nothing is perfect so we start at a rating of 9

-1 for the amature look

-1 for including your picture in it

-1 for using that colour (purplish)

-1 for using a stupid clock

-1 for using a stupid hourglass

+5.9 for being a darkwebber

Overall rating: 9.9

Good work Matt. :D

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

I'm first trying to figure out if you're being serious or not... lol

Not everyone can be as good as you with photoshop and stuff so how about you stop with the wise guy talk and post something contructive rather than flaming everything anyone does.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Calm the ham little guys, you should chill! Take a pill...

Woah blur!

I'm sure if you blended the rays of light from your eyes it'd be a bit better, play with the alpha on them... I'll think of more things later. My head hurts.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Ooo, liking that Matt.

I'd give it 8/10... I think the beams coming outta' the eyes is awesome. But a litle bland, maybe? Maybe you could put a tint of purple in there. (Or something or other?)

Also, as Ijust looked over it again, you have a cluster of stars, just right and benieth the centre of the picture, I think you could've spread those out a touch more.

Other than that, I love it. Good to see somone who spends more than three minutes on their work. ;)

//Mitch

New sig to come!

To be honest, I don't really like how the purple eyebeams dominate the entire pic. Also, I feel like you could have done a lot more with the clock/hourglass in the background. Still, it looks really nice.

It's looking good, except I think that the clock, and the hour glass (dunno what it's called) don't really fit. Also, the A of Ayreon is looking like an H (probably supposed to be with the font though).

Overall, I like it pretty much, 8/10

Not everyone can be as good as you with photoshop and stuff so how about you stop with the wise guy talk and post something contructive rather than flaming everything anyone does.

You don't always make the greatest comments yourself. :wink:

To tell the truth merc, he's right.

- The planet. That emboss you have on it. Get rid of it, fast. It makes it looks realy bad.

- The stars. I can see the one's in the background, but the big white dots in the foreground realy throw it off for me. Especialy the one's covering his face and stuff, weird.

- The "light". Looks kind of basic, the stuff that's coming out of his eyes. Just 2 ovels, some long rectangles, and an outer glow. Perhaps at least try and make it a bit more believble, maybe tone down the opacity a bit.

- The boarder. Again, it's just... eh. I realy don't like colorful boarders like that. A simple black+white or whatever boarder would suit it just fine. Again, the emboss (It looks like it) on the boarder is kind of, eww.)

- And finaly, the overall composition. It seems kind of random. I'm sure there is some reason all the stuff is in there, but some stuff is just... there. I don't know, it just looks realy messy, a ton of stuff going on. A lot of that stuff I have no clue why it's there...

To tell the truth merc, he's right.

- The planet. That emboss you have on it. Get rid of it, fast. It makes it looks realy bad.

- The stars. I can see the one's in the background, but the big white dots in the foreground realy throw it off for me. Especialy the one's covering his face and stuff, weird.

- The "light". Looks kind of basic, the stuff that's coming out of his eyes. Just 2 ovels, some long rectangles, and an outer glow. Perhaps at least try and make it a bit more believble, maybe tone down the opacity a bit.

- The boarder. Again, it's just... eh. I realy don't like colorful boarders like that. A simple black+white or whatever boarder would suit it just fine. Again, the emboss (It looks like it) on the boarder is kind of, eww.)

- And finaly, the overall composition. It seems kind of random. I'm sure there is some reason all the stuff is in there, but some stuff is just... there. I don't know, it just looks realy messy, a ton of stuff going on. A lot of that stuff I have no clue why it's there...

Bold: OMG WE SAID THAT TOO!!!111oneoneone! :D

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Haha... Sorry, it's hard to tell when you make posts like this in other forums..

I intended no offense. :)

no offense but im going to have to agree with keiphus, at my first look when you first posted it, i was wondering if you were serious.. so i waited with posting..

now that i know you are.. im sorry to tell you.. it isnt quite good

i think you could've portrayed eyes of time .. different , like not kick your door obvious.

signature_1.gif

I think I was misinterpreted... I never even really looked at the image that much - I wasn't trying to make fun of your skill... I saw the image of the boy very quickly, and it just looked like a very staged and (for lack of a better word) funny photograph. Because of your other post on the other forum I linked to, I thought maybe this too was somewhat of a joke. If you really want me to critique it, let me know. My original post had nothing to do with "the degree of suckage" or lack-thereof.

It WAS only intented as a bit of fun but id still like crits on my work.

And the "boy" is me. I'm 21 years old. So thanks.

The point of this thread was to rate my work not what i look like yeah?

:cry:

Pic removed.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

You have three basic tones, with everything but purple being somewhat faded or receded. I think if you want to go with that much purple perhaps a monochromatic aproach would be better.

I am unfamiliar with the inspiration of the piece, so I won't comment on fidelity to that.

The border, as Nad said, is a bit overdone. It tends to detract from the work.

It is not bad, but right now it is hard to focus on the piece as a whole. the individual elements leap out.

Since you cited the planet tutorial it sounds as though you made it, and it actually looked pretty good on its own.

The picture was at like 50% opacity, you had huge lightrays coming from your eyes, and they had a huge purple glow on it. I'm sorry I misundestood you as a boy. It looks like I can't win.

Keiphus, hopefully he'll come to his senses tomorrow. He was at the pub and came back tiddly, as you should know alcohol is a depressant and Matt is a sensitive bloke. He's just over-reacted at the comments about his picture.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Sorry im a bit drunk acting a bit defensively. ill put the pic back up tomorrow.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Sorry im a bit drunk acting a bit defensively. ill put the pic back up tomorrow.

Oh you're still up... Get some sleep bud.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

The picture was at like 50% opacity, you had huge lightrays coming from your eyes, and they had a huge purple glow on it. I'm sorry I misundestood you as a boy. It looks like I can't win.

Keiphus, hopefully he'll come to his senses tomorrow. He was at the pub and came back tiddly, as you should know alcohol is a depressant and Matt is a sensitive bloke. He's just over-reacted at the comments about his picture.

I figured something was up, usually he seems a bit more controlled... haha...

Which is one reason I don't drink. :-P