Of all the lucky things...

So... I'm doing rag and bone man, chopping an oak to get logs(8 logs total, 6th log was a nest), and boom! Nest. I open the nest, boom! Spirit tree seed o.O! Someone needs to calculate the probability of that happening, I'd say its somewhere between impossible and 1/1000000000000000000... luckiest thing that has ever happened to me. I'd say that qualifies as a nice drop =)

Picture157.png?t=1242774881

Edit: I'm not trying to get a great rate or whatever, no pic because I don't have photobucket account, Just thought the chances of this happening are pretty rare and that it deserved a post, if you don't believe me I don't care =p, and please no more "Spirit seeds aren't rare" type posts, I'm pretty sure this hasn't happened to anybody on the forums lol.

Edit2: Fine I'll upload the pic >.<

Thanks for reading =)

Zekei1.png

99 Slayer... Never gonna trim you up.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

[hide=Slayering Time]Zekei1.png[/hide]

If this forum is called "Rate This! (Drops, Bank Pictures and Levels)" and you just got an Armadyl hilt to drop from GWD and happen to not have an imageshack acc or photobucket acc or whatever and posted it on here, is that not a great achievement in its own right? The probability of getting an Armadyl hilt is about 1/250 and the probability of this happening is much lower...

Just because there is no screenshot does not make this any less of an achievement, in fact I do, but I just can't upload it =P.

Zekei1.png

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

BTW I only cut 8 oak logs, after the 6th was the nest on the way over here lol. I might actually calculate the probability if I can get some numbers.

Zekei1.png

You aren't going to get good ratings, you don't even have a pic. I'm sorry but there is no comparison between an armadyl hilt and a spirit tree seed.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

W/e bad rate all you want, delete/lock this if you want =p I just thought this deserved a post because it is an extremely rare string of events resulting in a fairly good reward. Armadyl Hilts might be worth more, but I'm not comparing the Spirit seed's value to the Armadyl hilt's value am I? I am comparing the probabilities solely, and.... yep. Thanks for reading =)

Zekei1.png

Not sure, but if so then nice!

Edit: My evidence to be not sure is: When you chop a log theres a 1/x chance of getting a seed nest, 1/y ring 1/z sara egg 1/a zammy egg 1/b guthix egg 1/c raven egg 1/d of getting nothing, when I chopped 6 that made it a 6/x chance of getting that seed nest for you 6/c. c > x making c rarer, but, c is always a raven egg, whereas when you open x, the game does another spin of the wheel and theres a 1/s of spirit seed 1/m magic seed etc... so:

The chance of getting a spirit seed out of a nest in 6 logs:

(6/x) * (1/s) where x is the chance of getting a seed nest, and s is the chance of getting a spirit seed out of a nest.

The chance of getting a raven egg out of a nest in y logs:

(y/r) where y is the number of logs you cut and r is the chance of getting a raven egg out of a nest.

If there is a 1 in 1000 chance of getting a seed nest, and a 1/500 chance of getting a spirit seed (from my woodcutting experience, even with a rabbit's foot necklace which I did not use in this case) Then the probability of getting a spirit seed in my case is:

6/1000 * 1/500 = Chance of Spirit seed in 6 logs = .000012

whereas the probability of a raven's egg after y logs where y = 6 in this case, and lets say 1/5000 is the chance for a ravens egg, then:

6 / 5000 = Chance of ravens egg in 6 logs = .0012

In these terms, the probability for a ravens egg would have to be 1/500000 (or .000012) to equal the probability for the above situation. -OR- The probability for a seed nest would have to be 1/10 to equal the probability for a ravens nest with a 1/5000 probability.

Zekei1.png

Well I might just go make an photobucket account really fast and get it over with... one sec

Zekei1.png

4/10 i guess, its really just the same as someone training woodcutting and getting it that way. A bird nest is a random event so its going to be random.. I'll wait for bauke to review your formula

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Gratz on getting one, I've never had one and I'm 92 woodcutting ...

Btw, you said something about an armadyl hilt being only 1/250 droprate and your drop being much rarer. While this is true, it's a bit easier and faster to cut oak logs then to kill Kree'arra :-# .

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Yeah I suppose, bad analogy, but I think my raven egg proof is much stronger =p

Zekei1.png

I can do ya one better, one spirit and one mage in 3 seeds =) but no pic and I was doing something so didn't post, and it wasn't from chopping trees...

Zekei1.png

No offense but Spirit seeds are like the worst thing you can get D:

I have 10 and no use for them...

Ive only ever gotten 2 raven eggs so spirit seeds not too rare. Ive gotten less magic the spirit.

Worst thing? 19.3k farming xp each for free is not bad, I have gotten 27 Spirit Seeds now which is 521k farming xp, I think that is pretty good, saved me about 5M as compared to normal trees.

Back on topic, I don't think this really deserves a decent rate I am sorry. It is lucky, but it isnt really like a "OMG AWESOME LUCK!@!" You have no use for the seed, as your farming level is no where near good enough to plant it, and where the seeds are rare, they are not really a MASSIVE thing to get.

total I have 7 with 65 so I rate you 1/10 =p, mostly this specific occurance is rare not the actual seed, although the seed is nice later on for high lev farming training.

Zekei1.png

1/10 wow u got a spirit seed. i got like 15 of em and im only 80 woodcut, i dont see any good achievement here...

[hide=my 99s]63,402 to 99 attack June 20th, 2009

9,065 to 99 prayer may 7, 2009

27,060 to 99 magic march 27, 2009

63,527 to 99 str Jan 02, 2009

39,326 to 99 hp

22,557 to 99 def June 6, 2008

1221 to 88 summoning July 6, 2008

52,735 to cooking November 6, 2008[/hide]

MikeDart.png

2/10, I've dropped like 50 of those things.

Where you may have dropped a few, I doubt you have dropped anywhere near 50. I have gotten 27 at 18M wc xp + kingdom been going for months, and I have gotten more than any one else I know (that isnt exaggerating.)