Merch Clans -- Are they legal?

Callahan

I am new to the merchanting business and as the title suggests, I was wondering if merchanting clans are legal to use. I do frequently hear about spam/mute problems as well as illegal price manipulation. Thanks. :D

Callahan140.gif

Callahan140.png

No.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Don't join them, they are destroying RS economy :evil:

Not to mention the fact that 95% of the time the operators of the clans will screw over the new members by dumping early and lying about it.

2Xeo5.png

Don't join them, they are destroying RS economy :evil:

Not to mention the fact that 95% of the time the operators of the clans will screw over the new members by dumping early and lying about it.

Thats why you ask what the dump price is, and then sell out a few days before it reaches that price. (People in the clan will still be buying for max.)

But yeah, I wouldn't join one.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

They are technically legal, for now anyways. However, as others have mentioned, you can't trust the operators at all, you're very likely to get scammed--and you certainly wouldn't get any sympathy from people here, if you got scammed in the act of joining a merchanting clan.

1) They are not merchants. Merchants earn cash through hard work involving research of a items demand and price.

2) They are Price manipulating clans. They choose a item, and stop it from selling/buying for a period in order to manipulate the price for their own benefit.

3) Join them and not that you will care, but then you will be a DIRT player.

4) Don't join them, they ruin the game.

1) They are not merchants. Merchants earn cash through hard work involving research of a items demand and price.

2) They are Price manipulating clans. They choose a item, and stop it from selling/buying for a period in order to manipulate the price for their own benefit.

I'm no big fan of Merch clans but thats a bit overreacting. OF COURSE THEY DO IT FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT. Its not like they made the clan to feed people in Africa. What do you call pvping then? And how does that differ from normal merchanting? Also, its not a scam- people will always dump early, but its not a secret conspiracy that generals talk about behind your backs. Everyone does it. BTW, merchanting doesn't involve hard work, NOTHING on Runescape requires hard work, ok? I even made a thread about it. Although i agree that they ruin the game, there are way to much of them now lol. Sorry if it sounds like i'm angry at you or something, i don't suggest you join one because they are a waste of time, you have to get to the GE really early which will mean interrupting what you are doing, and around a quarter of the time the items fail, which could possibly lead to a complete waste of money.

Well, now you see people are telling you what to do and what not to do. I understand that joining a P.M. Clan could potentially screw you over financially if you fall into their newcomer trap, but if you gain enough understanding, perhaps you could join a clan for of a short amount of time to learn the tricks of the trade. You play the game for yourself, not for other people.

It's not like you're gonna get banned or anything. :?

Plus, you can share some info with us and we can help take out these clans. Somehow.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I'm no big fan of Merch clans but thats a bit overreacting. OF COURSE THEY DO IT FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT. Its not like they made the clan to feed people in Africa. What do you call pvping then? And how does that differ from normal merchanting? Also, its not a scam- people will always dump early, but its not a secret conspiracy that generals talk about behind your backs. Everyone does it. BTW, merchanting doesn't involve hard work, NOTHING on Runescape requires hard work, ok? I even made a thread about it. Although i agree that they ruin the game, there are way to much of them now lol. Sorry if it sounds like i'm angry at you or something, i don't suggest you join one because they are a waste of time, you have to get to the GE really early which will mean interrupting what you are doing, and around a quarter of the time the items fail, which could possibly lead to a complete waste of money.

Let me tell you my experience counter with price manipulators:

1) Advertisement in high spawn worlds at G.E (Go ahead, but why spam the chat for me as it is...)

2) Items not buying (Bunyip not selling for a week, thanks alot)

Price manipulating clans do nothing to earn the cash they get, and i keep hearing over and over that the leaders of the clan chat often tries to scam the newer manipulators.

By hardwork i mean devoting yourself to do a task and do it again and again. How is being at G.E or Offline then eventually sell some items at G.E any task at all?

Is the game supposed to be all about GP and Pixels?

Price manipulating clans ruin the game for the players who do them and those who dont.

1) Players who do them don't bother to earn cash the right way, making the achievement of gold pile increasing less achieving

2) Other players who don't do price manipulations get the consecenses. I lost 2-3m from a BGS price crash, because of them.

Now i am not angry either or even annoyed at you, but your totally wrong. Price manipulators are ruining the game.

At beginning my attitude towards it was "Watever, it's not my business", but it affects me sooner or later. Because changes are made in G.E market, and thats where i get annoyed.

Coming from someone who played solely during when runescape had a free market, your question surprises me. You're asking the wrong question. It's not, 'are merchanting clans legal?' - It's 'are merchanting clans legitimate?'

Jagex has convinced its players that economic plasticity isn't allowed. We used to have a free market where you could do anything you want. Now jagex has complete control over prices and the economy. And this has caused this shift of larger scale merchanting because old ways no longer work with universal set prices. Yes these clans are legal, but that doesn't mean you can trust the leadership. Start a clan of your own based off the right principles and if people feel it is genuine and run the right way, run in a better way than the other clans, open, and transparent, it will be big. It sounds like thats what people are wanting, but these groups always get corrupt (inevitably?). That's what I would do at least, if I were you. I had a merchanting clan back in like '05 with Duke Freedom but conditions were completely different where a few people wouldn't have the type of control they do today. Just find something that works for you, or make it happen yourself. Trust me, if you have a vision, your voice will be louder than you think.