Military choices.

sliferking1

I am currently enlisted in the USAF. I took basic as a 17 year old last summer. They are paying for my college education. After I get out of college, I will have the requirements to fly a plane, but I will probably work with the computer systems they have.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I'm wondering if the word "limited" was used intentionally. If so, then I would like to hear the reasoning behind it.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I'm wondering if the word "limited" was used intentionally. If so, then I would like to hear the reasoning behind it.

The reason is it's a guy pretending to be a girl :wall:

I've always wanted to be a fighter pilot for the airforce, but that's pretty unlikely, so I don't think I'll be doing anything with the military.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The reason is it's a guy pretending to be a girl :wall:

I've always wanted to be a fighter pilot for the airforce, but that's pretty unlikely, so I don't think I'll be doing anything with the military.

Yeah, so I heard. :P
hopesolopatriot.jpg

I'd either go to the Marines or the Navy. But I'll only be going if I can't get loans for college.

I think it would be difficult for me to make the transition to the military, but I don't have a quitter's mentality and I never complain, so I guess that's good.

I want to join the British Army as an officer, but I would fail the medical due to my allergies.

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

I am a dutch soldier, and sitting at the base right now with 5 other colleges in a room. I just finished my first part of my training and got promoted to Soldier 2nd class wednessday last week. There is a big difference between the training and methods between the countries, so I cannot tell how the military life is, in a foreign country... but for the dutch people, it's one the best jobs you can wish.

Navy for the Seals. Or I'd enjoy being a Green Beret. I dunno. Probably going to join the NAVY ROTC in the Fall and from there figure out if I'll sign up for official duty.

I am a dutch soldier, and sitting at the base right now with 5 other colleges in a room. I just finished my first part of my training and got promoted to Soldier 2nd class wednessday last week. There is a big difference between the training and methods between the countries, so I cannot tell how the military life is, in a foreign country... but for the dutch people, it's one the best jobs you can wish.

This is interesting to me. Tell us about the dutch military. Like training, what you do, etc.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

I will be enlisting in the Marine Corps once I graduate High School, get my BA while serving active duty. There are colleges out there that are much more lenient with military servicemen, it takes much longer, but it's worth it, so you have something once you get out. If I were guaranteed an MOS, I would probably choose something in the field of Aviation Maintenance.

sotw7bar.png

From what i hear the Airwing is pretty good. Its like the Air Force meets the Marine Corps, i hear its a good gig to have. I'm in the reserves and i can of course go to school. Whatever anyone decides, be sure you can get the GI Bill if you plan on going to school. Its extra money in your pocket, a good amount too.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

From what i hear the Airwing is pretty good. Its like the Air Force meets the Marine Corps, i hear its a good gig to have. I'm in the reserves and i can of course go to school. Whatever anyone decides, be sure you can get the GI Bill if you plan on going to school. Its extra money in your pocket, a good amount too.

Yeah, It was either that or something to do with the Combat Camera, but after talking with a few Marines, it's a hard MOS to get. Anyway I've always wanted to be more handy, so hopefully I'll learn quite a bit, I know unless you're reserve you're not really guaranteed the MOS you want, so, I'll just let things play out. Thanks for your service Lcpl, I'm busy, later.

sotw7bar.png

You can also join a foreign military as long as they're an allied nation and aren't engaged in hostilities against your country. Just can't become an Officer and keep your citizenship.

Whatever you do, go in as an Officer instead of starting from the bottom. The military has some appeal to me, but the only problem is if the United States does something I highly disagree with.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Whatever you do, go in as an Officer instead of starting from the bottom. The military has some appeal to me, but the only problem is if the United States does something I highly disagree with.

I don't totally agree. I prefer the enlisted side of things. You feel closer to everyone. Officers seem distant and while they should know their men/women....they really don't. I'm not sure about the other branches, but i know for a fact that the enlisted side runs things in the Marine Corps. They run the Marine Corps. NCOs are the backbone of the Corps. Corporals and Sergeants. I like knowing that my actions keep this force going. I'm not sitting in an office drinking coffee, i'm hands on out in the field. Some people are different, but i get a sense of gratification from actually working like I do.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Military? I have no interest at all.

If I was to choose what branch, I'd probably go with the Navy. My grandfathers (and the unbiological grandfather) were all in the Navy. I live a few blocks down from Norfolk, only the host to the world's largest naval station.

The military is just one of my options now. I am about to become a senior (only a day and half left!), so now I am going to have to seriously look at my options. If I do go into the military, it will be in the airforce. I'd really like to be a helicopter pilot, I think it would be an awesome job to have. But who knows.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I like Chopper pilots. I work with them constantly in Landing Support. They seem to always find an excuse to get in the air lol. They were used extensively at the beginning of Iraq. They basically advanced 3 artillery batteries miles in a matter of hours something that would normally take them a day or more. You can pretty much pick a chopper and almost guarantee its seeing time in theater.

For all you that want to be pilots. Def go the Officer route, theres no other way.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

I juuust missed out on pilot today :cry:

I smashed the aptitude and hand eye tests but failed a really pointless test, which was reading as many dials as I could in 7 or so minutes.

Basically like reading a ruler but more complicated, it's a little difficult at first but as soon as you have any kind of practice it would be very easy.

I got a high score doing things like math with 1 hand while operating a joystick with the other, and got high results on the math and aptitude tests, but failed overall because i was a little slow on the dial reading :wall: