Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Void or Fighter Torso?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

GlowinRedM
[ Display Name History ]

GlowinRedM

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 629 posts
I'm wondering which to get as I train, because these both seem like good choices. Heres the dilemma though:

Void: Don't need to buy legs/gloves/helm, strength bonus dynamic with level (10% of level I believe?)

Torso: One of the best strength bonus torsos, allows more freedom with other armor spots, doesn't take years to get

Also wondering:

If I went with the void, would the 10% bonus carry on top of prayer, dragon battleaxe spec and super str pots?
Posted Image

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesn’t even have any friends.

Other Quotes

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
The answer to your last question is yes.

And avoid the torso. Use Barrows or Void, but most of the time Barrows wins out.
[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]
Posted Image

mister_moocky
[ Display Name History ]

mister_moocky

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:lMl MrMoocky
In training situations like armoured zombies, where you don't really need defence, void is good. A fighter's torso has no good use, but get one if you like BA.
quit

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

In training situations like armoured zombies, where you don't really need defence, void is good. A fighter's torso has no good use, but get one if you like BA.

I disagree. If you like BA, the thing to get is level-ups in BA roles. Fighter Torso is a waste of points.

llamster
[ Display Name History ]

llamster

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,420 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Llamster
Barrows or proselyte. Void melee isn't very useful; torso is a piece of junk.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Meta318
[ Display Name History ]

Meta318

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 103 posts
Get both

March 23, 2008- 99 Thieving. January 2, 2009- 99 Defence. Quest cape since October 2007.

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

I would say Void is useful for a few non-slayer purposes.
[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]
Posted Image

llamster
[ Display Name History ]

llamster

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Get both

What? Torso is utter crap and totally not worth it.

I would say Void is useful for a few non-slayer purposes.

Didn't say it was useless either. I hear it's good at armoured zombies. But it's only good if you already have void range.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Meta318
[ Display Name History ]

Meta318

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 103 posts

Get both

I use it while doing slayer, and it works fine. But then again, I don't get hit too often because I use barrow legs. And 99 Defence. But I still like the torso, and I have void too, I only use it while at Pest Control.

March 23, 2008- 99 Thieving. January 2, 2009- 99 Defence. Quest cape since October 2007.

llamster
[ Display Name History ]

llamster

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Get both

I use it while doing slayer, and it works fine. But then again, I don't get hit too often because I use barrow legs. And 99 Defence. But I still like the torso, and I have void too, I only use it while at Pest Control.

It's not that it's bad; but it's not worth getting. Not even close.

Meta318
[ Display Name History ]

Meta318

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 103 posts

Get both

It's not that it's bad; but it's not worth getting. Not even close.

Ah, well if you could afford it, Bandos could be alright, but void would do fine, and the accuracy is nice too.

GlowinRedM
[ Display Name History ]

GlowinRedM

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 629 posts
Alright, what would be a good alternative? I keep seeing Barrows, which set, and is it still okay to use if it degrades?
Posted Image

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesn’t even have any friends.

Other Quotes

Bloodrex
[ Display Name History ]

Bloodrex

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 164 posts
just get both, see which one you like more... but in my opinion you SHOULD get void melee... if you can affort training on things like yaks, AZ's, Zombie monks on ape a'toll... you'll get a lot of levels in no-time

personally i dislike slaying some monsters over and over even if it's for xp.

homowz
[ Display Name History ]

homowz

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • RSN:pantera160
  • Clan:exer / CE
dont get Torso. just geet void melee: its nice for powertraining and that way its not hard to get the range set(wich is wonderfull)...
Posted Image
Posted Image

llamster
[ Display Name History ]

llamster

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Alright, what would be a good alternative? I keep seeing Barrows, which set, and is it still okay to use if it degrades?

Guthan/DH body and Verac's skirt. Alch the plate when it gets to 25. Once it's fully degraded it gives 0 bonus meaning you'll have to repair it (or alch it).

Meta318
[ Display Name History ]

Meta318

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 103 posts

Guthan/DH body and Verac's skirt. Alch the plate when it gets to 25. Once it's fully degraded it gives 0 bonus meaning you'll have to repair it (or alch it).

Is the plate even worth alching? Wouldn't it be worth more to fix it in someones poh?

HexiledRazz
[ Display Name History ]

HexiledRazz

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Hexiled Razz
  • RSN2:Pure of War
  • Clan:EoE

Why does everyone hate on the torso? Excuse me, but it protected my little pixel chest for a whole year before i switched to bandos.

But, it depends on what you're fighting. I'd say void for lower levels. Then barrows for higher ones.
Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

JoeDaStudd
[ Display Name History ]

JoeDaStudd

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,464 posts
  • RSN:joe da studd
I'm currently half way to getting my full void (have the gloves and the top).

I'm planning on using the melee set for gwd (extra 10% damage and accuracy plus ok defense stats = win when with a decent team), mole hunting, AZ's (I'm too lazy to spell there full name) and any undead slayer tasks which don't require the helm.

The ranger set is pretty much the definitive ranger setup.

Torso is pretty much considered a waste of time by 95% of players. Its comparable to an addy chain and there was a long topic/discussion on the matter not too long ago.
Drops
Stats

gorgoroth
[ Display Name History ]

gorgoroth

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RSN:Slaytanicc
  • RSN2:Rage Allstar
  • Clan:Lady Heinous CC

You're not serious about the Void i hope. IMO void is better than most armour. Void + Salve Amulet is one of the best combo's ingame. Void + GS at GWD is also pretty Epic.

Posted Image
Posted Image
**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

Slaytanicc's Achievments

z0diark
[ Display Name History ]

z0diark

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 369 posts
First of all, get full void with both the melee and range helms (mage too if you like). Void range is very often the best ranging gear for training and I class it as almost essential. Secondly, don't listen to the people who say the torso is a waste, it is a pain to get but in my opinion it's well worth it. Even now at 125 cb I use my torso for slayer and I probably will for a great deal longer. Yes, the defensive bonuses are poor but if you're assigned monsters that don't hurt you too much or you have the enhanced excallibur/bunyip then it really does speed things up. I'm not saying you should use the torso in all cases, there are some times when barrows armour is preferred (just by the chest and legs of the cheapest set at the time), but it's up to you to recognise when you don't need the extra defence bonus and when it's time to equip that torso.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users