Void or Fighter Torso?

GlowinRedM

I'm wondering which to get as I train, because these both seem like good choices. Heres the dilemma though:

Void: Don't need to buy legs/gloves/helm, strength bonus dynamic with level (10% of level I believe?)

Torso: One of the best strength bonus torsos, allows more freedom with other armor spots, doesn't take years to get

Also wondering:

If I went with the void, would the 10% bonus carry on top of prayer, dragon battleaxe spec and super str pots?

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

In training situations like armoured zombies, where you don't really need defence, void is good. A fighter's torso has no good use, but get one if you like BA.

I disagree. If you like BA, the thing to get is level-ups in BA roles. Fighter Torso is a waste of points.

Barrows or proselyte. Void melee isn't very useful; torso is a piece of junk.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Get both

What? Torso is utter crap and totally not worth it.

I would say Void is useful for a few non-slayer purposes.

Didn't say it was useless either. I hear it's good at armoured zombies. But it's only good if you already have void range.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Get both

I use it while doing slayer, and it works fine. But then again, I don't get hit too often because I use barrow legs. And 99 Defence. But I still like the torso, and I have void too, I only use it while at Pest Control.

meta318.png

March 23, 2008- 99 Thieving. January 2, 2009- 99 Defence. Quest cape since October 2007.

Get both

I use it while doing slayer, and it works fine. But then again, I don't get hit too often because I use barrow legs. And 99 Defence. But I still like the torso, and I have void too, I only use it while at Pest Control.

It's not that it's bad; but it's not worth getting. Not even close.

Get both

It's not that it's bad; but it's not worth getting. Not even close.

Ah, well if you could afford it, Bandos could be alright, but void would do fine, and the accuracy is nice too.

meta318.png

March 23, 2008- 99 Thieving. January 2, 2009- 99 Defence. Quest cape since October 2007.

Alright, what would be a good alternative? I keep seeing Barrows, which set, and is it still okay to use if it degrades?

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

just get both, see which one you like more... but in my opinion you SHOULD get void melee... if you can affort training on things like yaks, AZ's, Zombie monks on ape a'toll... you'll get a lot of levels in no-time

personally i dislike slaying some monsters over and over even if it's for xp.

xxquinnxx1.png

xxquinnxx1.png

dont get Torso. just geet void melee: its nice for powertraining and that way its not hard to get the range set(wich is wonderfull)...

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

Alright, what would be a good alternative? I keep seeing Barrows, which set, and is it still okay to use if it degrades?

Guthan/DH body and Verac's skirt. Alch the plate when it gets to 25. Once it's fully degraded it gives 0 bonus meaning you'll have to repair it (or alch it).

Guthan/DH body and Verac's skirt. Alch the plate when it gets to 25. Once it's fully degraded it gives 0 bonus meaning you'll have to repair it (or alch it).

Is the plate even worth alching? Wouldn't it be worth more to fix it in someones poh?

meta318.png

Why does everyone hate on the torso? Excuse me, but it protected my little pixel chest for a whole year before i switched to bandos.

But, it depends on what you're fighting. I'd say void for lower levels. Then barrows for higher ones.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I'm currently half way to getting my full void (have the gloves and the top).

I'm planning on using the melee set for gwd (extra 10% damage and accuracy plus ok defense stats = win when with a decent team), mole hunting, AZ's (I'm too lazy to spell there full name) and any undead slayer tasks which don't require the helm.

The ranger set is pretty much the definitive ranger setup.

Torso is pretty much considered a waste of time by 95% of players. Its comparable to an addy chain and there was a long topic/discussion on the matter not too long ago.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You're not serious about the Void i hope. IMO void is better than most armour. Void + Salve Amulet is one of the best combo's ingame. Void + GS at GWD is also pretty Epic.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

First of all, get full void with both the melee and range helms (mage too if you like). Void range is very often the best ranging gear for training and I class it as almost essential. Secondly, don't listen to the people who say the torso is a waste, it is a pain to get but in my opinion it's well worth it. Even now at 125 cb I use my torso for slayer and I probably will for a great deal longer. Yes, the defensive bonuses are poor but if you're assigned monsters that don't hurt you too much or you have the enhanced excallibur/bunyip then it really does speed things up. I'm not saying you should use the torso in all cases, there are some times when barrows armour is preferred (just by the chest and legs of the cheapest set at the time), but it's up to you to recognise when you don't need the extra defence bonus and when it's time to equip that torso.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Secondly, don't listen to the people who say the torso is a waste, it is a pain to get but in my opinion it's well worth it. Even now at 125 cb I use my torso for slayer and I probably will for a great deal longer. Yes, the defensive bonuses are poor but if you're assigned monsters that don't hurt you too much or you have the enhanced excallibur/bunyip then it really does speed things up. I'm not saying you should use the torso in all cases, there are some times when barrows armour is preferred (just by the chest and legs of the cheapest set at the time), but it's up to you to recognise when you don't need the extra defence bonus and when it's time to equip that torso.

Your opinion is mathematically incorrect. The miniscule increase in damage provided by +4 strength will never make up for the time it takes to get the torso. When you play Barbarian Assault, you get no profit and no experience. In the hours it takes to earn a torso, think how much experience you could have gotten if you'd stuck to training your melee instead. Then think how long it would take for the extra strength of a torso to add that much extra experience. See the picture?

There might be something to it if the torso was actually the best equipment available. But it's inferior to barrows in any situation where defense matters, and it's inferior to proselyte in any situation where defense doesn't matter. Even in a hypothetical situation where it is the best option, the difference in damage provided by +4 strength is relatively small--hardly worth the time it takes to obtain the torso. On top of that, the Bandos plate is better in every category anyway, so eventually once you get enough money you'll just throw your torso away.

Uhm for power training doesn't sc legs + torso + neitiznot, beat full void?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Secondly, don't listen to the people who say the torso is a waste, it is a pain to get but in my opinion it's well worth it. Even now at 125 cb I use my torso for slayer and I probably will for a great deal longer. Yes, the defensive bonuses are poor but if you're assigned monsters that don't hurt you too much or you have the enhanced excallibur/bunyip then it really does speed things up. I'm not saying you should use the torso in all cases, there are some times when barrows armour is preferred (just by the chest and legs of the cheapest set at the time), but it's up to you to recognise when you don't need the extra defence bonus and when it's time to equip that torso.

Your opinion is mathematically incorrect. The miniscule increase in damage provided by +4 strength will never make up for the time it takes to get the torso. When you play Barbarian Assault, you get no profit and no experience. In the hours it takes to earn a torso, think how much experience you could have gotten if you'd stuck to training your melee instead. Then think how long it would take for the extra strength of a torso to add that much extra experience. See the picture?

There might be something to it if the torso was actually the best equipment available. But it's inferior to barrows in any situation where defense matters, and it's inferior to proselyte in any situation where defense doesn't matter. Even in a hypothetical situation where it is the best option, the difference in damage provided by +4 strength is relatively small--hardly worth the time it takes to obtain the torso. On top of that, the Bandos plate is better in every category anyway, so eventually once you get enough money you'll just throw your torso away.

I disagree. It took me around 5 hours to get my fighter torso from BA (I had a team that knew what they were doing). It takes roughly a +7 str bonus to increase your max hit by 1 so a +4 str bonus gives an increase of 4/7 to your max hit and therefore a 16/7 increase in your exp per hit. I mainly train with an abyssal whip which hits roughly once every 2.5 seconds = 24 times per minute. When I got my fighter torso I was getting cb exp at a rate of about 40k/hr so the 5 hours I spent doing BA cost me 200k cb exp. 200000exp/(16/7exp increase per hit) = 87500 hits. I said earlier the whip hits 24 times per minute, 87500hits/24hits per min = 3645 mins = 60 hours. I can guarantee that I've already spent more time than that wearing my torso, either for slayer or for when I engage in some kind of PVP event where my own defence bonus doesn't matter too much.

Aside from this, BA really isn't that hard and it at least makes you appreciate the time you're not playing it :P As for the 'upgrade' to the Bandos plate, I personally don't see myself buying one as I get all of the defence bonus I need from my torso or if I needed more then I'd just use my dh plate instead.

Hope this has persuaded the topic creator to go and get a torso btw :P

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Uhm for power training doesn't sc legs + torso + neitiznot, beat full void?

Sure, if you ignore the time it takes to get SC legs.

I disagree. It took me around 5 hours to get my fighter torso from BA (I had a team that knew what they were doing). It takes roughly a +7 str bonus to increase your max hit by 1 so a +4 str bonus gives an increase of 4/7 to your max hit and therefore a 16/7 increase in your exp per hit. I mainly train with an abyssal whip which hits roughly once every 2.5 seconds = 24 times per minute. When I got my fighter torso I was getting cb exp at a rate of about 40k/hr so the 5 hours I spent doing BA cost me 200k cb exp. 200000exp/(16/7exp increase per hit) = 87500 hits. I said earlier the whip hits 24 times per minute, 87500hits/24hits per min = 3645 mins = 60 hours. I can guarantee that I've already spent more time than that wearing my torso, either for slayer or for when I engage in some kind of PVP event where my own defence bonus doesn't matter too much

This is incorrect. You assume each hit adds 4/7 of a hit. As for the last part, defense ALWAYS matters, especially if you're not using a Bunyip. Bunyips are overrated in Slayer.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I disagree. It took me around 5 hours to get my fighter torso from BA (I had a team that knew what they were doing). It takes roughly a +7 str bonus to increase your max hit by 1 so a +4 str bonus gives an increase of 4/7 to your max hit and therefore a 16/7 increase in your exp per hit. I mainly train with an abyssal whip which hits roughly once every 2.5 seconds = 24 times per minute. When I got my fighter torso I was getting cb exp at a rate of about 40k/hr so the 5 hours I spent doing BA cost me 200k cb exp. 200000exp/(16/7exp increase per hit) = 87500 hits. I said earlier the whip hits 24 times per minute, 87500hits/24hits per min = 3645 mins = 60 hours. I can guarantee that I've already spent more time than that wearing my torso, either for slayer or for when I engage in some kind of PVP event where my own defence bonus doesn't matter too much

This is incorrect. You assume each hit adds 4/7 of a hit. As for the last part, defense ALWAYS matters, especially if you're not using a Bunyip. Bunyips are overrated in Slayer.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, I'm saying if your max hit was previously 20 it is now 20 and 4/7 (20.57). I did however assume that you did not hit a single 0 (forgot to mention it at the end) but when slaying I tend to not hit many zeros anyway, I see what you're saying though. As for bunyips being overrated, I entirely disagree, I now no longer need to take any food to my task and when combined with my enhanced excalibur I don't need to use my guthan either.

ichigosig2da4.jpg