pureprayer

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of a device that lets us walk through walls

[hide=]the sledgehammer :lol:[/hide]

I know a bunch!

[hide=]Grenades, bombs, flame throwers, cannons, mortars, and my persnal favorite, doors.[/hide]

I'm going to post a riddle my AP Euro teacher gave us the first day.

A king goes to a condemned man the day before he is to be executed. He says to the man; "I am going to give you a chance to win your freedom. You have to tell me a statement, any statement. But if it is a fact, you are going to be shot, right here, right now. If it isn't a fact you're going to be hanged, right here, right now." What does the man say to win his freedom.

[hide=Answer]"I am going to be hanged."

Now, honestly, I believe this is an answer, however I believe the riddle is worded poorly, seeing as this might be taken as not a fact. Opinons?[/hide]

3772841190_eba9dc52b2.jpg

I'm going to post a riddle my AP Euro teacher gave us the first day.

A king goes to a condemned man the day before he is to be executed. He says to the man; "I am going to give you a chance to win your freedom. You have to tell me a statement, any statement. But if it is a fact, you are going to be shot, right here, right now. If it isn't a fact you're going to be hanged, right here, right now." What does the man say to win his freedom.

[hide=Answer]"I am going to be hanged."

Now, honestly, I believe this is an answer, however I believe the riddle is worded poorly, seeing as this might be taken as not a fact. Opinons?[/hide]

I heard that once, but it was worded like

If you tell me the truth, I will cut off your head, if you tell me a lie, I will strangle you, if you say nothing I will stab you through the heart.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Anyone know of the Paradox of Thrift ?

It says that the more you save your money, the less you will get.

Kudos to anyone that tells why.

No cheating.

The only thing I can think of is you have to spend money to make money, or that if nobody is spending money it doesn't flow and slows down the economy.

*edit: Just looked it up, yeah I was right.

The more swiss cheese there is, the more holes there are.

The more holes there are, the less cheese there is.

Therefore, the more cheese there is, the less cheese there is.

Not so much a paradox as bad logic :P

Also this one: One dollar will not make you rich, so if you keep this up, one dollar at a time, you will never become rich, no matter how much you obtain.

:roll:

paradox.jpg

There's no simpler way to explain it.

There is no $1 from being rich...

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I don't know if its a paradox, but Wikipedia had it listed when I checked a year ago.

A judge sentenced a prisoner to death, and the prisoner was told that he would be executed at noon on any of the weekdays the following week, when he least expected it.

So the prisoner starts thinking about which day he is going to be executed, and realises he cannot be executed on Friday, because he will be expecting it after the Thursday. HE then works out that he cannot be executed on THursday because after Wednesday, he expects it on Thursday. He uses this logic all the way to Monday and relaxes that he cannot be executed without expecting it.

The next Wednesday, at noon, the prisoner hears a knock, its the executioner, who took the prisoner completely by suprise.

I hope I said it OK...I thought it was pretty clever when I firts heard it.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Whatever day it is doesn't matter.You cannot expect the unexpected.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

It's impossible to think of pure nothing, since you'll always think of something to put in the nothingness, including the actual word nothing.

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

Does no equal a negative yes?

yes, because they are opposites and a negative sign can also be read as the opposite of.

Schrodinger's cat is an interesting paradox about how reality can exist in multiple states(outside box has a cat that is both alive and dead inside box has only of those)

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

yes, because they are opposites and a negative sign can also be read as the opposite of.

Schrodinger's cat is an interesting paradox about how reality can exist in multiple states(outside box has a cat that is both alive and dead inside box has only of those)

Well if no = -yes no*no would be equal to -yes*(-yes) which is the same thing as yes * yes. and if no*no = Yes*Yes, no = yes

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Well if no = -yes no*no would be equal to -yes*(-yes) which is the same thing as yes * yes. and if no*no = Yes*Yes, no = yes

I do not not disagree with that statement. See your flaw?

-1 does not equal 1, thats what you are arguing. Ill show the proof if you really need to see it

I have proof that they are equal. -1*x =1. If we multiply each side by zero we get 0 = 0 which is equal.

I like it; the pureprayer simplification. Got an equation you can't solve? Multiply by zero!