92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You pick the car. You keep it.

You pick the car. You switch, and get the goat.

You pick Goat 1. You keep it.

You pick Goat 1. You switch and get the car.

You pick Goat 2. You keep it.

You pick Goat 2. You switch and get the car.

that is 50/50 odds

3 goats 3 cars as the final outcome

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

that is 50/50 odds

just watch the video. :wall:

If you switch you have a 66% chance of winning if you dont you have a 33% chance.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

An infinite loop that always increases a number by (.9 + .9 X .(# of zeros as times looped)1), hence .9, .99, .999, .9999, .99999, .999999

It's a number that's increasing infinity, yet never reaches 1. It's easily explainable (it's increasing by an infinity small amount), but the idea of something infinity increasing without reaching infinity is weird.

I thought .999999~... = 1?

1/3 = .333~

2/3 = .666~

1/3 + 2/3 = 3/3

BUT .333~ + .666~ = .999~

--------------------------------------------

Also 1/9 = .111~

1/9 * 9 = 9/9

.111~ * 9 = .999~

oh and 95f1729c23de78f8c3e739a914eff0ca.png

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

that is 50/50 odds

First the abortion thread now this... the truth is becoming clear.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

that is 50/50 odds

First the abortion thread now this... the truth is becoming clear.

I love you, Goddess. :lol:

Oh, and:

I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

The sentence below tells the lie.

The above sentence tells the truth.

Nice.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

That grandfather one, where if you go back in time and kill your grandfather which will prevent your birth, but would mean that you wouldn't exist in the first place... or something liek that.

If you don't disappear instantly, you've done something to save yourself.

I found this one lets see if anyone can solve it:

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

Yes. You have a 1/3 chance of getting it in the 1st place, and a 1/2 after the 1st door. However, once he asks, that changes everything (aka variable oods). If you say yes, ill change, you'll have a 66% chance of winnning.

Cookies to who figure outs what thats from :XD:

I seem to remember seeing that on a show called Million To One, cookies for me?

If we ever do work out how to go back in time, it will be useless. As one of the only reasons for using it will be to fix things that have happened in the past, and if you stop that mistake from happening, you wouldn't have to have the need to travel back in time, therefore, no time travel. \'

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

just watched that video, I get it now

I was thinking along the lines of you making a whole new choice of door at each oppurtunity instead of swap or non swap, thats pretty interesting. I guess my error was not considering this was a very specific situation, not a standard probability problem.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Toast always falls on the buttered side, yes?

Cats, always on their paws?

Sorry, I had to.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

What are some of your favorite paradoxes?

I like "Proof that all numbers are equal"

Multiplying any number by 0 gives an answer of zero. For example

2*0 = 0

Rearranging the equation gives

2=0/0

However, by the same reasoning

1*0 = 0

1 = 0\0

and since

0\0 = 0\0

substitution gives

2 = 1

Sorry if it looks weird.

That isn't a paradox, that is just bad math. You can't divide by zero.

Chuck Norris can divide by zero!

LMAO, I just had to post it....sorry.

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you are all the same." - Jonathan Davis

Toast always falls on the buttered side, yes?

Cats, always on their paws?

Sorry, I had to.

Cat_toast_swirl.gif

:lol:

[hide=]First theory

A cat is built by particles called "superquarks" (also called "meows"). These superquarks show both atomic (they are built of normal quarks) and feline qualities (so these quarks have charmed characteristics). But, the gluing dispositive isn't made of superquarks, so when cat and glue are put together, they cancel themselves. This theory, however, doesn't explain why the cat is the one who disappears, and not the gluing dispositive.

Second theory

Cats are pandimensional, superintelligent creatures. So, when they think they are in danger, they start to purr and travel to their original dimension. The reason why the cats stay in this dimension is because here they find enough food and people stupid enough to feed them.

Third theory

The cat runs away, scratching the idiot who tried to put glue on it. (Most theorists dismiss this idea as pedantic.)

Fourth theory

The cat and the toast spin themselves so fast that they create a black hole and people and objects are sucked into the swirling mix of Catoast, eventually the planet would be sucked up and everyone would finally know the answer, but no one would be able to do anything with the knowledge they'd just gained.

Fifth theory

Murphy's Law: If something can go wrong, it will. Therefore something will mess up this cat theory. After this, something will mess up Murphy's Law, then the cat theory has no basis and someone will discredit it and something will go wrong with the attempt at disproving it. Then the cat theory will not be proven incorrect, and relying on Murphy's Law, will prove Murphy's Law correct again. Therefore something will mess up this cat theory. After this, something will mess up Murphy's Law. Ad nauseam.

This causes an infinite cycle of the theory being viable and unviable and will mean that the cat will be beaten against the floor at frequency math, which is proportional to the highly reduced fat mass of the butter math. The cat is therefore beaten to death eventually, but if something can go wrong, it will. Therefore someone will mess up my cat theory, then Murphy's Law. It doesn't make sense! I'll go mad!

Sixth theory

The butter drips off, or is replaced with Flora.

Seventh theory

The cat and gluing dispositive will actually come together, but the cat spins so fast due to the invariance in the center of gravity that, following the law of time travel, it goes backward in time.

This has led to another theory stating that at the beginning of time there is an infinite number of antigravitatory cats, and therefore, causing the creation of the universe in the first place, due to the excessive gravitational forces produced by the infinite number of cats, they cause the big-bang.

However, some scientologists have pointed out that since the cat will continue going back in time, it will cease to exist due to the fact that once something goes before the start of time, it will no longer exist in this dimension, but will be warped to another dimension.

Eighth Theory

The butter vanishes, and the cat lands on its feet. The toast, however, ends up slipping off the cat's back and landing on a taxi. Why a taxi, you ask? Because according to Murphy's Law, any object which detaches from some second object must land on a moving taxi. This has been the cause of great distress to people designing things such as multiple-stage rockets. Typically a number of taxis must be placed below said rocket's flight path to avoid a terrible fate in the nearest conurbation.

Ninth Theory

The cat will asplode.

Tenth Theory

Unfortunately, the tenth theory has been lost forever, as the experimenter used margarine instead of butter. Therefore, the test did nothing, and the cat turned out to be a grue which ate the scientist involved except for his head. As his head dropped to the ground, all he could say was "WTF PWNED, LOL!!!11one" and then his head asploded and was fed to his neighbour's dog.

Eleventeenth Theory

The cat, the butter, and the applicant represent three sides of a triangle. When the mark is created, one must disappear- it is usually the cat. Investigations to find out where it goes have been fruitless. Note however, that strawberry preserves are a choice fruit for the applicant spread upon the remaining toast.

M Theory

If one is to ascertain the outcome of this thought experiment, one needs a unified theory of cats and buttered toast. M-Theory, which was originally a theory of hardon physics, is such a unified theory. Unfortunately, M-Theory requires the cats to have 11 tails to work. M-Theory also requires that there be a specifically named dog for every cat and vice versa. E.g. if your cat is named Fluffy, then there is a dog named Fluffino. Although nobody has ever heard of dogs with such ridiculous names, M-Theorists think we will observe such dogs soon after the more powerful dog catcher accelerators are built. As for the 11-tails, well 10 of them are small and curled up or something... Oh, what happens with the cat and the toast? We can't get the theory to produce a stable vacuum cleaner solution yet. It's only a matter of time, give us more money.

True Theory

The real reason this does not work is not because the glue is interacting with the cat but instead is reacting with the toast. You see, when the glue is applied to the toast it is ruined and therefore Murphy's law is no longer applicable. The toast then becomes subjected to the reversed Murphy's law (If something good can happen it will) causing the evil cat to disappear entirely. In accordance with Lorentz covariance, this also results in something bad that can't happen to occur somewhere in the universe, mad scientists are currently attempting to harness this power to create a powerful weapon.

Stupidly Insane Theory

The cat and the toast come together, because cats like milk, which makes butter. Also, unknown to anyone outside Uncyclopedia, cats like to lick flour, then sneeze it on stupid people, who proceed to comment on how funny their little Tiddles looks with a white moustache and take photos, then post it on MySpace and Flickr. So, due to the attraction, the cat and the toast become one animal, so that is why the scientist couldn't find the toast. According to this theory, every single cat you see has a half-eaten mouse inside its body.

The Actaully Correct Theory

Cats are an unharnessable power of magnetic energy, and have been known to cause cats to powerfully repel, and in some case, fly away from objects that have a deep magnetical "aura". This is called catetism. Previously, scientists have been trying to deny the existence of the new energy, but the super-power created by it has changed their minds (along with the cats clawing them to death). Cats have long used this to power to power the super cat city, Hmhsfmjhsf. However, this is Uncyclopedian protected items, so it is very hush-hush. Things that have been known to be repelled by catetism include:

* Flea Medicines

* Glue

* Superglue

* Grues

* Stupid peoples like Oscar Wilde

* Clowns

* Flowerpots

* Dogs

* Cheese

* Vets**

Many scientists have attempted to bring under control the strong force of catetism, which, by far is the most powerful force, trumping nuclear by tens of thousands of times, due to the uranium all being smuggled out in Homer Simpsons' pants.

However, as one young scientist pointed out, it is almost impossible to get samples of catetism, because people who try to get samples are being repelled by the force, which causes the cat to magically fly away. However, we decided to asplode that scientist, then feed his remains to a grue, because it ah...can be done. All that we need is a lot of money and you can pay us by ringing 1800-180-180. All values are accepted, but coins, especially ones that you have stolen from blind people playing the saxophone on the street, are prefered, as we don't have to claim tax on them.

Ninjas can use the awesome power of catetism to kill enemies in extremely goofy ways. Bruce Lee can harness this power, which he uses to propel the enemy into the wall just by putting out his hand.[/hide]

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

An infinite loop that always increases a number by (.9 + .9 X .(# of zeros as times looped)1), hence .9, .99, .999, .9999, .99999, .999999

It's a number that's increasing infinity, yet never reaches 1. It's easily explainable (it's increasing by an infinity small amount), but the idea of something infinity increasing without reaching infinity is weird.

1/3 = .333~

2/3 = .666~

1/3 + 2/3 = 3/3

Also 1/9 = .111~

1/9 * 9 = 9/9

.111~ * 9 = .999~

That's just rounding. 1/3 ? .333~ technically.

1/3 = .3333~..... all the way to infinity. But because it's infinite and all, the difference between the two is so small, that it's considered negligible and therefor considered the same.

for example the equation:

lim (8x³-9x²+17)/( 2x³-5x+12)

??

technically ='s nothing as ?/? is undefined.

But that is obviously not the answer.

You see, if you plug in very very large number close to infinity, such as 100000000 for x, you would get a number like 3.878787878 or something similar.

and if you plug in a number such as 10000000000000000000000 you would get something like 3.999999999888.

So if you were to keep going, the number you would get would start to get closer and closer to 4, which is the answer, because although the number was not exact, it's so close that it is indistinguishable.

[hide=]

1/3 = .333~

2/3 = .666~

1/3 + 2/3 = 3/3

Also 1/9 = .111~

1/9 * 9 = 9/9

.111~ * 9 = .999~

That's just rounding. 1/3 ? .333~ technically.

1/3 = .3333~..... all the way to infinity. But because it's infinite and all, the difference between the two is so small, that it's considered negligible and therefor considered the same.

for example the equation:

lim (8x³-9x²+17)/( 2x³-5x+12)

??

technically ='s nothing as ?/? is undefined.

But that is obviously not the answer.

You see, if you plug in very very large number close to infinity, such as 100000000 for x, you would get a number like 3.878787878 or something similar.

and if you plug in a number such as 10000000000000000000000 you would get something like 3.999999999888.

So if you were to keep going, the number you would get would start to get closer and closer to 4, which is the answer, because although the number was not exact, it's so close that it is indistinguishable.

[/hide]

this is why I love calculus

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.