Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!

forestfrolic

At least with that other CEO the updates were solid (and, mostly bug-free).

I'm sad they took away gnomecopters b/c that bank deposit was so useful for making cash

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would love to flame/argue/debate here, it detracts from the point of this thread. Simply put, Jagex has slowed down quality content updates considerably in the last few months. I think I am not the only one who would be slightly annoyed if I signed up to Members and so far have only received a F2P starter quest, and an inefficient, time consuming distraction. Anyone else want to argue? PM me and I would love to continue.

I agree with the slowed down content. If you're talking about from the beginning of the year then don't forget NR, Strykewyrms, and trade limits though. However I do totally agree with you about members having been neglected recently.

That's like placing a giant boulder on one side of a scale and then throwing a couple of baseballs on the other. Hardly evens things out now does it?

But I haven't paid for membership at all this year and I doubt I will for a while longer. Doubt I'll even let other people pay for it, unless Ez has a few bucks knocking about. ;)

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I challenge any of you to design, program, or create graphics for an update. Some of these updates are several thousand lines of coding ( Click here to see what 5 thousand lines of text actually looks like) . Each method they add has to work with the game engine. Its tedious work. Before you complain about an update or when it is released, think of the work involved and the time allotted.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I challenge any of you to design, program, or create graphics for an update. Some of these updates are several thousand lines of coding ( Click here to see what 5 thousand lines of text actually looks like) . Each method they add has to work with the game engine. Its tedious work. Before you complain about an update or when it is released, think of the work involved and the time allotted.

Get me a million dollar company and the coding skills and I would happily do so.

Jagex is lacking.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Get me a million dollar company and the coding skills and I would happily do so.

Jagex is lacking.

Did you even read what I said?

You can't just pull new content out of your [wagon]. You have to create concepts, design graphics and sounds, do the code, debug the code, Q&A the content, fix any errors, test it in game, then release it. If Jagex wants to produce content which appeases higher levels, they need more time. If you were pressed to write a perfect 100-page essay once a week, could you do it perfectly each time? With no grammar or spelling mistakes? You obviously have no understanding of game concept, programming, and design.

I think Jagex should switch to a monthly update schedule. This is for two reasons. One, they can be extra sure that each update is ready to go. Two, so players can experience the previous month's updates.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Jagex is lacking.

You can't just pull new content out of your [wagon]. You have to create concepts, design graphics and sounds, do the code, debug the code, Q&A the content, fix any errors, test it in game, then release it. If Jagex wants to produce content which appeases higher levels, they need more time. If you were pressed to write a perfect 100-page essay once a week, could you do it perfectly each time? With no grammar or spelling mistakes? You obviously have no understanding of game concept, programming, and design.

I think Jagex should switch to a monthly update schedule. This is for two reasons. One, they can be extra sure that each update is ready to go. Two, so players can experience the previous month's updates.

I hope you aren't thinking they make the entire update in a week. They've already told us they work on updates for months and I'm sure huge ones possibly a year or more(like a skill). In fact, a recent developers blog told us they were starting on the Halloween update a few weeks ago.

But I do agree with you on the part about people expecting too much out of jagex. Most people don't even take into consideration how hard it is to make an update before complaining about a small update week or no updates at all.

Jagex is lacking.

I hope you aren't thinking they make the entire update in a week. They've already told us they work on updates for months and I'm sure huge ones possibly a year or more(like a skill). In fact, a recent developers blog told us they were starting on the Halloween update a few weeks ago.

But I do agree with you on the part about people expecting too much out of jagex. Most people don't even take into consideration how hard it is to make an update before complaining about a small update week or no updates at all.

I was trying to get to where I was implying that being forced to produce content biweekly/weekly by the players can take a toll on quality. I did not mean to sound like i was saying they only do an update in a week.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

no update? obviously a lie! sailing@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Im actually rather glad they took a week off. :P

Ditto.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

If they're taking this week off, next week better be absolutely mind-blowing.

I agree, I perfectly understand that it's very hard work adding something new to the game but it really has been a very long time since the last decent update.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I agree, I perfectly understand that it's very hard work adding something new to the game but it really has been a very long time since the last decent update.

I really really hope it's fairy tale part 3 next update tbh. I want a new quest to do lol

I really really hope it's fairy tale part 3 next update tbh. I want a new quest to do lol

I'm a traitor and payed for 30 days of WOW-BC i'll be back when things get interesting I hope the update in a weeks time is big, fish flingers (or fish fingers as I call it) wasn't really huge content but the strange power is stilllll to be revealed (please be soon) this year still has a longg way to go 8 months! which we'll see prffdinnas <- can't spell that, and other big pieces of content Jagex are usually slow starters to the year just there's been 2 breaks in march? eek (I may have my facts wrong).

What's more disappointing for me is future bonus xp weekends (yuck).

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Jagex is lacking.

I was trying to get to where I was implying that being forced to produce content biweekly/weekly by the players can take a toll on quality. I did not mean to sound like i was saying they only do an update in a week.

Heh, as long as there's no clue for this week to discuss, we might as well keep arguing about this.

So:

1. I hate the "You can't do any better" or "Fine then, you give it a try!" argument. Obviously, as previously stated, JaGEx has way more resources than any one person. It could have several teams creating weeks' worth of content each if it wanted to, or stagger them for multiple release dates.

2. JaGEx was perfectly capable in past years (2007 or even 2008 and back, I think?) of releasing new content every week. No content weeks were unheard of! What has made this year and the past one or two different? Don't say HD...

2dgucz6.png

Jagex is lacking.

Heh, as long as there's no clue for this week to discuss, we might as well keep arguing about this.

So:

1. I hate the "You can't do any better" or "Fine then, you give it a try!" argument. Obviously, as previously stated, JaGEx has way more resources than any one person. It could have several teams creating weeks' worth of content each if it wanted to, or stagger them for multiple release dates.

2. JaGEx was perfectly capable in past years (2007 or even 2008 and back, I think?) of releasing new content every week. No content weeks were unheard of! What has made this year and the past one or two different? Don't say HD...

My 2 cents on this: The idea well is running dry. It's not easy to come up with ideas from week to week, and some are more complex to design than others, but i still think they are pushing it with many no update weeks <_<

Jagex is lacking.

I was trying to get to where I was implying that being forced to produce content biweekly/weekly by the players can take a toll on quality.

Did I miss something, or has there really been quality in the latest updates?

priest_wiz.png

Well a while ago people seemed to be complaining alot about bugs in every update.

Lately, its like all the "bugged update" discussion just vanished, since there hasnt been any big breaks.

Though I agree its been a long time since something I enjoyed loads, Fish Flingers is a nice D&D in my eyes. It might just be the fisherman in me talking though. :P

Maybe they have been giving Q&A more time to test content before its release?