PvP Artifacts and It's Effect on Runescape Economy

Dire_Wolf

it helped to have the regular items, because if they were in constant supply, they couldn't sell them, so it caused the items prices to drop to more stable levels to match the supply of said item, sure it ruined some clan merches, like most barrows armour and whatever.

This is the only part that isn't true. Special items should be worth getting.

Let's take Infinity as a prime example. It is no longer worthwhile to exchange points for most MTA items due to their low prices. And I can say with certainty that if things had gone on as they were, MTA items would have never become like this naturally, because the demand wouldn't have fallen so far under the supply.

As it was before, PvP was providing a much easier outlet of unique items than obtaining the items from their original source, therefore ruining some or most of the play values of many different game contents.

im pretty sure that in the infinity robes/mage book/master wand's case, that the mage training arena bot that was floating around for a few months made a muck of the infinity/w/e prices, pvp just added a bit more supply to it.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it helped to have the regular items, because if they were in constant supply, they couldn't sell them, so it caused the items prices to drop to more stable levels to match the supply of said item, sure it ruined some clan merches, like most barrows armour and whatever.

Let's take Infinity as a prime example. It is no longer worthwhile to exchange points for most MTA items due to their low prices. And I can say with certainty that if things had gone on as they were, MTA items would have never become like this naturally, because the demand wouldn't have fallen so far under the supply.

As it was before, PvP was providing a much easier outlet of unique items than obtaining the items from their original source, therefore ruining some or most of the play values of many different game contents.

im pretty sure that in the infinity robes/mage book/master wand's case, that the mage training arena bot that was floating around for a few months made a muck of the infinity/w/e prices, pvp just added a bit more supply to it.

What about the Dragon Full Helm and Dragon Fire Shield? The drop tables completely ruined Mithril Dragons and cut deeply into visage hunters.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

There should be more put on just how good the fight is, than amount lost and EP.

So, if you have some epic fight that lasts for like 10 mins and your all on low hp, and then you do some EPIC KO!!

You should get a good drop. Also, people on your friends list, have been on your friends list before, have been or are in a clan your in, should give you worse drops.

O.O

Boohoo. Now, I must say, even before I started tricking (yesterday was my first day of tricking ever, only did once), I was still for it. Think about it, it's a perfectly normal way to make money, think about Barrows, GWD, or DKs? I know friends who have gotten over 30m in one day at barrows, or friends who have gotten 2 hilts in 1 day at GWD. there was even a topic about 3 trio Armadyl hilts in one trip. At first, I myself thought this was outrageous, why, Jagex should take it out! Then I realized, there was really nothing stopping me from doing that myself, except one thing. Luck. No matter what I do, I'll never be lucky in RuneScape. Sure, I've gotten a triple drop at Barrows, and then done another 4k runs (or more, I forget) only netting about 120-140m. Now those three people made that much in two hours. Is that fair? Yes. Yes, it is. I did a trick earlier today (like second ever) and my friend made around 6m from there. I made 400k when you take out the cost of the chaos runes. He is clearly a lucky person, I am clearly not. Even after this update, I had many non tif friends complain they never got any stats or icons, but only the measly low level ones. They obviously are not lucky either. Oh well. So sad. Besides, fyi Hemen, the reason the bones went up was because of the prayer update. The PvP update may have helped. but they were going up anyways,

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Boohoo. Now, I must say, even before I started tricking (yesterday was my first day of tricking ever, only did once), I was still for it. Think about it, it's a perfectly normal way to make money, think about Barrows, GWD, or DKs? I know friends who have gotten over 30m in one day at barrows, or friends who have gotten 2 hilts in 1 day at GWD. there was even a topic about 3 trio Armadyl hilts in one trip. At first, I myself thought this was outrageous, why, Jagex should take it out! Then I realized, there was really nothing stopping me from doing that myself, except one thing. Luck. No matter what I do, I'll never be lucky in RuneScape. Sure, I've gotten a triple drop at Barrows, and then done another 4k runs (or more, I forget) only netting about 120-140m. Now those three people made that much in two hours. Is that fair? Yes. Yes, it is. I did a trick earlier today (like second ever) and my friend made around 6m from there. I made 400k when you take out the cost of the chaos runes. He is clearly a lucky person, I am clearly not. Even after this update, I had many non tif friends complain they never got any stats or icons, but only the measly low level ones. They obviously are not lucky either. Oh well. So sad. Besides, fyi Hemen, the reason the bones went up was because of the prayer update. The PvP update may have helped. but they were going up anyways,

Comparing 26k'ing to Monster Hunting is outrageous...

When 26k'ing, you without a doubt, risk no money. Depending on the person, you can (really) risk tons of money trying to get lucky at a Boss Monster.

Drops are based on luck, yes. But risking nothing and sitting in front of a T.V. while you gain EP is wrong...

Sorry Saruman, you are sadly wrong

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

What about the Dragon Full Helm and Dragon Fire Shield? The drop tables completely ruined Mithril Dragons and cut deeply into visage hunters.

I was unaware of a MTA bot, but seeing a huge amount of pictures (mostly on this particular Forum) led me to believe that Infinity was extremely common as a drop. Plus, I myself probably got at least one of every wand, and a Mages Book (and I really didn't PK or trick often before these items were removed).

Ravenkana, I said as a prime example. I obviously wasn't concerning only MTA items. Don't overreact.

2dgucz6.png

When 26k'ing, you without a doubt, risk no money. Depending on the person, you can (really) risk tons of money trying to get lucky at a Boss Monster.

Drops are based on luck, yes. But risking nothing and sitting in front of a T.V. while you gain EP is wrong...

I've lost probably 2-3m during my "tricking" days, and I've only netted 10-15m, I've also lost a pair of agility brawling gloves, which I would value at another 10m. So to say there is no risk is ludicrous. I've also accidentally attacked a person training agility while waiting at the the pipe. I decided to finish my dds specs as i've already attack them. Kill them for around 1m in loot, thus proving that I'm not the only idiot who forgets to turn on protect item. I know many people who train in claws risk the mandatory 75k because the thrill of koing a pker while they are training is very satisfactory. Let's not forget one thing about 26king. I'd like to point out that I'm not over zealous about 26king. Although I do partake in it, I'll agree that it enables people to gain cash at an alarming rate.

However, any nerf that ruins 26king without revamping the system completely will ruin pking as we know it. Heck, it's ruined right now. I watched my friend spec out a guy in claws+full veracs who was skulled. His ep was around 80%, he lost around 30 for the kill, and his total drop value was < 300k. The reason the system is this way is because of RWT, I know. The reason 26king brings in profit is Jagex has to compensate. If everyone always received a drop value of less than what the opponent lost, then in theory we would have the opposite problem(deflation), but because there would be no benefit to pking, pkers would leave the game.

w4M8t.png

I've lost probably 2-3m during my "tricking" days, and I've only netted 10-15m, I've also lost a pair of agility brawling gloves, which I would value at another 10m. So to say there is no risk is ludicrous. I've also accidentally attacked a person training agility while waiting at the the pipe. I decided to finish my dds specs as i've already attack them. Kill them for around 1m in loot, thus proving that I'm not the only idiot who forgets to turn on protect item. I know many people who train in claws risk the mandatory 75k because the thrill of koing a pker while they are training is very satisfactory. Let's not forget one thing about 26king. I'd like to point out that I'm not over zealous about 26king. Although I do partake in it, I'll agree that it enables people to gain cash at an alarming rate.

However, any nerf that ruins 26king without revamping the system completely will ruin pking as we know it. Heck, it's ruined right now. I watched my friend spec out a guy in claws+full veracs who was skulled. His ep was around 80%, he lost around 30 for the kill, and his total drop value was < 300k. The reason the system is this way is because of RWT, I know. The reason 26king brings in profit is Jagex has to compensate. If everyone always received a drop value of less than what the opponent lost, then in theory we would have the opposite problem(deflation), but because there would be no benefit to pking, pkers would leave the game.

Tell how a good way to avoid losing money while monster hunting (not too much comes to mind?)

Now, tell me a good way to avoid losing money via gaining EP (wow! tons of ideas come to mind, including bolting and spearing)

Your stories are just bad moves by yourself and friends

bike.png

Not really, I go to DKs all the time, and I'm not really in any danger. I do see your point, however, I mean you could make it anything, my point was it's about luck. My friend apparently made 10m in one trick. And my other friend has made maybe 6m in two weeks of tricking.

And TheLeonardo, Claws Of Guthix, ROL, Tele Tab, no afk'ing. If you die you're a moron.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

Not really, I go to DKs all the time, and I'm not really in any danger. I do see your point, however, I mean you could make it anything, my point was it's about luck. My friend apparently made 10m in one trick. And my other friend has made maybe 6m in two weeks of tricking.

And TheLeonardo, Claws Of Guthix, ROL, Tele Tab, no afk'ing. If you die you're a moron.

Runescape is made of numbers and therefore based on luck... There's no changing or getting around that.

The fact is, artifacts are dropped too often, rare monster drops are not. But ya, it is possible to get extremely lucky.

It also seems like you have mastered the art of DKS like myself, good for you; but like many others it is possible to have the wrong prayer on when Prime spawns, get hit, and when you change it get hit my Supreme, making a fierce combo.

Tell me honestly which is a bigger risk, DKS or Bolting; staying alert to not die or watching T.V.,letting game mechanics protect you from death...

bike.png

dang this whole this is really messed up, ok, i bought like 30k chaos runes for wind bolting with 5m of my cash, and my cash pile was at 35m when i first started a few days ago.

now not even a week after, i've doubled my cash pile almost, it's at like 69m or so.

all well, its going towards 99 prayer :|

edit: just got a second zaros statue today.

they seem pretty rare, but not rare enough, all well, im not complaining ;)

2v9yejs.jpg

dang this whole this is really messed up, ok, i bought like 30k chaos runes for wind bolting with 5m of my cash, and my cash pile was at 35m when i first started a few days ago.

now not even a week after, i've doubled my cash pile almost, it's at like 69m or so.

all well, its going towards 99 prayer :|

edit: just got a second zaros statue today.

they seem pretty rare, but not rare enough, all well, im not complaining ;)

2v9yejs.jpg

wow nice drops !! i think something like this really affect the economy. alot of people do this for some quick cash, don't blame them, but if they get rarer then it will still effect the economy anyway lol

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

I admit i too abuse the system with 26king, but it's very easy money :oops:

this does not mean i like the system like this, it's just that everyone does it...

If my drops would get worse, i'd immediatly stop doing tricks and go make my money "legitimate"

tipitsignature134jg0.jpg

What really needs to change more than anything else is the arbitary and nonsensical discrete drops/ no drops boundary in terms of risked wealth.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

Didn't Jagex say in a very old news post that Chinese were a major part of RWT?

Now RWT have been banned in China. So give free trade/pking back?

Just because it's banned, doesn't mean it's gone.

Heroine is a banned substance in the US, but how come people still trade it? If people want to product enough, laws and rules don't matter.

Why not just make it so you have to risk like 750k to gain EP and have to kill someone risking at least 500k to get something decent

Or... make drops dependent on your bounty hunter score. The higher your score, the better chances of getting a decent drop.

Doesn't fix the problem, just turns pking into an aspect that caters to the rich. So now, instead of people carrying around warrior rings, they'll put on a set of barrows armour and protect item.

Again the only way to fix this problem is a complete revamp, not minor changes.

w4M8t.png

Heroine is a banned substance in the US, but how come people still trade it? If people want to product enough, laws and rules don't matter.

Yeah but with laws and rules will give a risk that might make gold farmers consider.

Yeah but with laws and rules will give a risk that might make gold farmers consider.

vietnam is a huge place for gold farmers too, dont forget about them ;)

There is already a thread to discuss the effects of Goldfarming being banned in china. This one is to discuss PVP. Not trying to be a wannabe mod, but I was about to reply to your thread with a response when I relized that we were way off topic :)

w4M8t.png

The gold farmer isn't considering this, the boss or manager is. And frankly, he has nothing to lose.

Back in 'Nam i used to kill macroers by the dozens. filthy communists.

Just get rid of the 26K trick already it is seriously wrecking the economy. I am afraid to have any cash not invested in something but at the same time I am afraid to invest in something for when it is nerfed. :ohnoes:

nv1jyo.jpg

Rune Pureeeeeeeeeeeee