PvP Artifacts and It's Effect on Runescape Economy

Dire_Wolf

Just get rid of the 26K trick already it is seriously wrecking the economy. I am afraid to have any cash not invested in something but at the same time I am afraid to invest in something for when it is nerfed. :ohnoes:

im sure if they seriously could remove the "26k trick" that they would, but they pretty much told everyone exactly how to gain potential (EP) or w/e, they told them how much they had to risk in-order to gain it, and how much said person had to lose in order to use up some of your potential.

it's almost like they wanted us to 26k trick..... hmmmm....

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just get rid of the 26K trick already it is seriously wrecking the economy. I am afraid to have any cash not invested in something but at the same time I am afraid to invest in something for when it is nerfed. :ohnoes:

im sure if they seriously could remove the "26k trick" that they would, but they pretty much told everyone exactly how to gain potential (EP) or w/e, they told them how much they had to risk in-order to gain it, and how much said person had to lose in order to use up some of your potential.

I said that in another thread and got completely flamed...but it really does seem like that. "You're opponent must lose 25k in order for you to get a drop, and you must be risking 75k"..."you gain ep by doing this"...

if you read the KB article on it, it truely does seem like they wanted people to abuse this.

w4M8t.png

They wanted to test how 'morally inept' everyone was. Then they could judge how long we deserved for them to keep RuneScape going after MechScape's arrival.

... :| :roll:

They could/should completely suspend PK'ing. They've done it before. This time they know how immature players typically are. They'll send miniature Corporeal Beast German Schnauser half-breeds to tear them apart in the streets. And JMODs to smash them with BANHAMMERS. And prevent anyone with level 1 Defence or less from posting in the RSOF.

And that is the best course of action. To stop it altogether until they have a better solution. And shut up everyone who complains.

2dgucz6.png

Yes, the best course of action is to piss off the pvpers AGAIN and this time without a decent excuse except: Oh sorry, the items are going up by 30%, and we think money is easy to get, we shall now close PVP.

Yea, and just let everyone who complains quit, because we all know jagex dosent need its customers for money.

O.O

Yes, the best course of action is to piss off the pvpers AGAIN and this time without a decent excuse except: Oh sorry, the items are going up by 30%, and we think money is easy to get, we shall now close PVP.

Yea, and just let everyone who complains quit, because we all know jagex dosent need its customers for money.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, its just yours is stupid.

Scanning this thread previously, I knew you'd be the first to jump on this.

Yes. They should temporarily close PvP again until they find a better solution. Or just remove all drops.

And yes, they should silence complainers, especially if it's promised to be temporary.

It was horrible, pathetic, and funny for months because of their immature wrath.

2dgucz6.png

Ya know, I really do wonder how Jagex thought this was a good idea. "Oh yeah, let's introduce items worth large amounts of cash that can be traded in immediately and disappear afterward, effectively creating said pile of cash from nowhere." Jagex was aware of the inflation problem that, for example, high alching brought into the game, but they still thought putting what pretty much is pure cash into the game in large amounts was a good idea/replacement for items.

Flyingjj.png

Well, what else could they put?

If they put items, people complain about items.

If they put artifacts, then people complain about inflation.

they just need to put it back to the way it was before any of the RWT updates were :|

no inflation, no new items introduced out of thin air, no extra money brought in through thin air, etc....

but since jagex doesn't want to go backwards on RWTing and all that stuff, it won't happen.

so we're faced with 2 choices, do we want massive item price drops, or massive inflation that cannot be controlled?

there is no middle ground from what i can tell.

they just need to put it back to the way it was before any of the RWT updates were :|

no inflation, no new items introduced out of thin air, no extra money brought in through thin air, etc....

but since jagex doesn't want to go backwards on RWTing and all that stuff, it won't happen.

so we're faced with 2 choices, do we want massive item price drops, or massive inflation that cannot be controlled?

First person ive seen notice this.:)

thank you =D>

No matter what happens post RWT, one side(pvp/skillers) will always complain.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

PVP wins =D.

Seems to me that every low lvl is supporting it, I guess they have no skills to earn cash another way, or they were poor to begin with.

This is not a flame, it proving my and this thread's point.

So pvp takes no skill to earn cash with? :roll: Or are you talking about 26king :?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

No, pvp trick sucks for low levels, i'm far better off 50/50 goping, or even fishing for my money.

I get 100% ep, kill to 8% ep and get like 200k loot, and thats killing my targs and stuff.

I just don't want the drops to get any worse.

The only thing your proving is your own stereotypical nature.

O.O

Thats very true. Look at some of the 130+ players on this board. Some of them have gotten 5+ Zaros statues and made over 100m. At 98+8 combat, I've gotten maybe 10m worth of drops. If I wasn't sort of busy with my summer projects, I'd be better off monsterhunting.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

thank you =D>

How about replacing statues with USEFUL items like PvP gear?

Tradeable Brawlers! Huge money sink right there. Perfect.

And PvP gear people will actually pay for. That's actually worth using and buying for normal players.

And raw noted materials that give good XP but can only be used on PvP Worlds.

All new items that give advantages but don't last long enough to out class other equipment.

They were on the right track, right?

Yea, higher level drops should be nerfed, and lower level drops go up =D.

I was thinking about this dilemma before. People [on this Forum] are complaining that PvP makes more money than double Nature Rune crafting. But for the drops to be so good your stats have to be high, you have to have high levels, so although it is overpowered (especially 26k'ing) it makes sense that high levels -> higher profit, just like 91 RuneCraft (high level) -> higher profit.

2dgucz6.png

"How about replacing statues with USEFUL items like PvP gear?"

Sounds great,as long as their sellable as well.

"Tradeable Brawlers! Huge money sink right there. Perfect."

idk about this,tbh i think jagex put those in there to give pvpers a chance to train their skills to the lvls of normal players in a "pvpy" way.Think of it as the "pkers" way to train skills.(cant rly explain further)

"And PvP gear people will actually pay for. That's actually worth using and buying for normal players."

PvP gear isnt ment to be used by normal players,otherwise PvM and slaying will be easier.I think the bloodshed of your defeated foes should bring new life into pvp armor,granting them longer life.

"And raw noted materials that give good XP but can only be used on PvP Worlds." like 2k yews for a kill?then skillers would complain again :roll:

"They were on the right track, right?"

Yup, sorta. :?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

got 4m today at 97% with 5 kills

This is just a little above my average

I havent documented it but it feels like im getting around 600k every kill.

I'm 119+9 cmb Thedrops are really too generous, however I won like 15mil in pvp but i lost 50m... lost claws+bgs for example

Tip.it's 2nd unoffical Go player

Darkduellord.gif

sm3x;

sm3x0rz.png

got 4m today at 97% with 5 kills

This is just a little above my average

I havent documented it but it feels like im getting around 600k every kill.

I'm 119+9 cmb Thedrops are really too generous, however I won like 15mil in pvp but i lost 50m... lost claws+bgs for example

The more you lose in pvp, the more you'll gain from drops. I noticed that my drops seemed to be better if I would do legit pking, as when I die, I lose over 3m in items(yeah, dharokers that don't skull are lame)...

So your average is inflated. I almost wonder if this is much overhyped then it seems. These people who gain 5m drops may have got killed for claws or something...I watched pkers get killed for 5m in gear and the person who killed them get 200k in runes...

w4M8t.png

[hide=My original post.]

thank you =D>

How about replacing statues with USEFUL items like PvP gear?

Tradeable Brawlers! Huge money sink right there. Perfect.

And PvP gear people will actually pay for. That's actually worth using and buying for normal players.

And raw noted materials that give good XP but can only be used on PvP Worlds.

All new items that give advantages but don't last long enough to out class other equipment.

They were on the right track, right?[/hide]

Yea, higher level drops should be nerfed, and lower level drops go up =D.

I was thinking about this dilemma before. People [on this Forum] are complaining that PvP makes more money than double Nature Rune crafting. But for the drops to be so good your stats have to be high, you have to have high levels, so although it is overpowered (especially 26k'ing) it makes sense that high levels -> higher profit, just like 91 RuneCraft (high level) -> higher profit.

"How about replacing statues with USEFUL items like PvP gear?"

Sounds great,as long as their sellable as well.

"Tradeable Brawlers! Huge money sink right there. Perfect."

idk about this,tbh i think jagex put those in there to give pvpers a chance to train their skills to the lvls of normal players in a "pvpy" way.Think of it as the "pkers" way to train skills.(cant rly explain further)

"And PvP gear people will actually pay for. That's actually worth using and buying for normal players."

PvP gear isnt ment to be used by normal players,otherwise PvM and slaying will be easier.I think the bloodshed of your defeated foes should bring new life into pvp armor,granting them longer life.

"And raw noted materials that give good XP but can only be used on PvP Worlds." like 2k yews for a kill?then skillers would complain again :roll:

"They were on the right track, right?"

Yup, sorta. :?

(I don't know how to use the ordered list function :roll: )

1. Exchanging (and therefor destroying) items for pure cash does not work, as we've already discussed in this thread.

2. \

& Most people are not PK'ers as we've already discussed in this thread. There are not enough PK'ers willing to buy the current PvP armor, hence why it has failed. If they were useful, or in Brawlers' case, sellable, normal players would create a huge demand. And more targets for PK'ers :lol:

3. /

4. These could be untradeable. And they'd be low increments, stackable with Brawlers, and only useable on PvP worlds. And skillers limit themselves just as pures do, and have no right to complain, just like pures, if they cannot access content.

2dgucz6.png

" Exchanging (and therefor destroying) items for pure cash does not work, as we've already discussed in this thread."

I didn't mean sellable to mandrith(w/e his name is), i mean traded between players soz.

" These could be untradeable." mmhmm :thumbup:

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

" Exchanging (and therefor destroying) items for pure cash does not work, as we've already discussed in this thread."

I didn't mean sellable to mandrith(w/e his name is), i mean traded between players soz.

if things are traded between players, there isn't any money sink, even if that item costs 100s of millions. No money is leaving the game...

Why not give pvp drops exchange a different type of currancy? For example, you get something else besides coins(let say ancient coins) and you can only buy certian things(sharks, pots, gear, rune ect..)

Of course, the items would cost more or less depending on ge graphs. So make the items buyable have to be sold at max to the player. Or min?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

if things are traded between players, there isn't any money sink, even if that item costs 100s of millions. No money is leaving the game...

Then I think we're in agreement. :thumbsup:

I hope something of this is added into the first post.

And that it pleases the high and mighty Es0... -.-

And, LOL@three nearly identical threads in a row...

Bedman, if it's destroyed then it is a money sink.

2dgucz6.png