75+ Crimson charms in 30 minutes - Chaos dungeon waterfiends

Cantristenon

Do you think I could manage at this spot with 90 Attack and strength, 99 Magic, and 80 prayer, using a Spirit Dagganoth? I know it won't be as effective as other methods, but I love some fast fun charms.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't be sure, 99 magic helps a lot for sure in surviving and lower level fighting familiar tanks hits in same way as higher level. Feel free to try but take a few more food and less p pots to ensure surviving. Healing titan is not too bad choice either since it both heals and fights. However, I would say that sticking with Ancient cavern waterfiends (wearing void) is better if you don't have wolpertinger/iron titan simply because spirit dagannoth doesn't boost your killing speed enough to make these fiends worth it.

I did my first trip with steel titans today :o

Brought a tbird and after 8 minutes dismissed and summoned titan.

40 minute trip, 49492 str exp and 16768 range exp, 99 crimsons, 11 gold, 6 green 2 blues.

Note that this is on task, but I didn't piety, I superhuman strengthed, so this would be around the rate of non task pietying.

I had heard about this method but couldnt find a guide on how to do it properly. I heard that taking a big group of people on lootshare can also get you lots of charms too.

I'll have to give this one a go soon, my current task is Waterfiends :)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

What he said^

Some examples of successful trips:

[hide=]besttrip.png

besttrip2.png

besttriploot2.png[/hide]

This guide has changed the way I get charms now.

Thank You Cantristenon :thumbsup:

How do you stay there that long? Care to post your set up?

Um with my stats would I still break even in money or would I lose money on to many supplies used?

And would it still be fast?

I can afford the recommended gear and inventory and would only be doing this on slayer tasks, so I would be using a slayer helm.

EDIT: I just thought of another question, since i'm using an elemental titan would it be better to swap out a shark for a prayer pot or keep it the same as the recomended inventory?

What he said^

Some examples of successful trips:

[hide=]besttrip.png

besttrip2.png

besttriploot2.png[/hide]

This guide has changed the way I get charms now.

Thank You Cantristenon :thumbsup:

How do you stay there that long? Care to post your set up?

My gear is the same as this guide expect I use ring of wealth. However in my invo I bring a sara godsword, 1 super att, 1 super str, 1 brew, 12 super restores, an extra wolpertinger pouch, home teleport, and the rest is pinapple pizzas. A pouch is summoned and super set is sipped at the bank before running to them. I prefer to last as long as I can and see how many charms I can gather in that time. ;)

Note: I used piety only when they were all agressive or when I speced with sgs.

I never got the lootshare part, but taking a partner is a good idea if you can find one. Why lootshare instead of just killing yourself.

Well, of course you can do this without lootshare too, i just found it to be more fair (if you have both about same lsp). And if you do duo method i suggest it's most efficient to do so that another is using dharok for high hits and another finishing them with ss/zs. In that way player using dharoks would be getting most loot. By the way, if you have good friend you want to help in getting summoning up this is great way to do that ;)

I preferred shorter trips instead of doing long trips and guide is based on that too. I did a few longer trips too taking extra pouch. Might post a few pictures of that as well, time interval between these 2 shots is about exactly 1 hour.

090623214210.png

090623224247.png

And still i stress importance of pietying.. Use it if you are killing these here. It's definitely worth it. Like squareroot said, if you want economical way go to ancient cavern. Just think about all those runes you would be using at rock lobsters and you notice that cost of extra prayer potions is nothing.

Robert, I am pretty sure that with elemental titan you can easily swap shark for extra prayer potion.

And extra tip: Mobilizing armies teleport is useful if you are using oog'log spas for boosting hp and prayer.

I went ahead and borrowed a zamorkian spear, they wouldn't buy, and did the task with an elemental titan. I forgot to take a picture of the loot but i came out even I know that. About the shark, it turns out I still had 3 more sharks left at the end of the trip. I used titan scrolls and enhanced excaliber, i'm to poor for a saradomin godsword :P . Also, the waterfiends um killed my titan a few minutes after they became unagressive and I had to bank. Maybe you should add that the elemental titans will probably die and you should bring an extra pouch for it, because on the second trip I brought a second pouch just incase it died and was fine with the one less shark. On the second trip they did kill it again -.-

I know you recommended 95+ defense.

With no familiar and only 75 defense, I still managed to get 38 crimsons and a hanfull of other charms. For my first time, not bad. I would probably be able to get 45+ next time I head there after I tweak my inventory a bit.

Also, since I'm only 53 summoning (i think lol), I plan on brining 12 more sharks with a terror bird. Also, how does a cannon work here?

Also if anyone else has a low defense like me. Here is what I did praying. I noticed I take more damage from its melee attacks than its ranged attacks. So after they stop being aggresive, I would turn piety off and just turn protect from melee and the defense boost. (Steel skin?) Other than that, follow the guide.

I plan on stocking up on charms till 70 summoning, and I'm almost there. I really like this method, 10/10.

Thanks for compliments everyone :) They make me always happy

Promise, I would really recommend for you to stick with Ancient cavern Waterfiends because the point of using these is using fighting familiar. Without it these are not worth it. You can't use cannon here. Your way to switch to meleeprayer feels also weird because they don't have melee attack :/

Edit: Here is the link for ancient cavern waterfiend guide: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=747696

Promise, I would really recommend for you to stick with Ancient cavern Waterfiends because the point of using these is using fighting familiar. Without it these are not worth it. You can't use cannon here. Your way to switch to meleeprayer feels also weird because they don't have melee attack :/

Edit: Here is the link for ancient cavern waterfiend guide: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=747696

Really? I coulda sworn that even with range prayer, I was taking damage even though i didn't see a water blast thing. I'll trust your juedgment because this is only the second time I've ever tried water fiends. :lol:

Well, thanks for the help. ::'

Really? I coulda sworn that even with range prayer, I was taking damage even though i didn't see a water blast thing. I'll trust your juedgment because this is only the second time I've ever tried water fiends. :lol:

Well, thanks for the help. ::'

Waterfiends attack with Ranged and Mage; and ranged is the stronger of the two.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

my combat;

95 att

94 str

99 def

99 hp

90 pray

80 sum

99 range

99 magic

i'm using elemental titan, what my inventory should look like?

2dj75ur.jpg

eunderrated.png

I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

1 Saradomin Godsword

1 Camelot teleport tablet

1+1 titans (or even 1+2, not sure..)

200 healing scrolls

3 Saradomin brews (4)

1 Super restore (4)

1 Super attack (4)

1 Super strength (4)

10-15 prayer potions (4)

Rest food you prefer (Sharks, pineapple pizzas etc.)

That should work quite fine. I haven't used elemental titan myself there. Maybe with elemental titan can leave 1 or 2 saradomin brews off.

I should maybe do a trip and then update this guide to fit with new summoning update and increased amount of SGS specials.

I didn't update guide (yet, have no really time now), but I finally made a trip to try out new updates. My inventory looked like this:

090826112206.png

You notice that there is no really need to use food anymore during aggressive phase (i dropped that shark). When you need food just drink 3 dose sara brew, sr dose and pure doses, even if you don't really need stat boosting yet.

- Set your summoning icon left click on attack option. During aggressive phase you don't really need to do anything different, just send familiar to attack in case it doesn't do anything. Usually he attacks them automatically. When they become unaggressive best style to use it is so that you pile same fiend all the time. When fiend dies, click summoning icon, then double click next target nearby and you should both be attacking it quickly.

- Always take extra familiar pouch now. Even my 2nd steel titan was killed while i still had some supplies.. So, with lower familiars it may be worth it to take even 2 spare pouches.

I think that was all.