Help support the Starcraft 2 LAN

sirlonewolf

Hi

I am a big starcraft fan have fond memories of lan party's playing starcraft, now Blizzard Entertainment comes and says that thy are not going to put lan support in to starcraft 2.

If u are like me and loved playing starcraft at lan's and want to play starcraft 2 at lan's as well then do so by participating in the petition.

[hide=I did]qzge2u.jpg[/hide]

StarCraft II will not have a local area networking (LAN) game mode

Click here to sing the Petition

"Sing" the petition? Sorry, I can't, I suck at singing, plus I don't want to look stupid.

Anyway, if Blizzard are going to leave it out, then there is nothing you can do.

Except starting an online petition. Because those things really work :roll:.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

"Sing" the petition? Sorry, I can't, I suck at singing, plus I don't want to look stupid.

Anyway, if Blizzard are going to leave it out, then there is nothing you can do.

For your information i signed a petition in 2002 for them to make a starcraft 2 and low and behold here we are waiting for them to finish it and doing a petition for them to support lan for starcraft 2.

So yeah i believe we can make a difference.

Just play with them over the internet and just sit next to each other. This is a [developmentally delayed]ed petition, and it's [developmentally delayed]ed that people are whining about this. (Not to mention this is in the wrong forums)

No LAN only means that pirates can't just download the game and then play multiplayer through LAN, it makes sense for them not to add it. Plus you're missing out on all the stat tracking and stuff from battle.net .

For your information i signed a petition in 2002 for them to make a starcraft 2 and low and behold here we are waiting for them to finish it

You really think a petition influenced them to make a sequel? :lol:

Whatever dude, keep on rockin' and making a "difference".

Development of the game actually started in 03, and a playable version has existed at Blizzard since 05.

And i agree, just play over internet.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

1: Taking out the lan wont stop pirates from making pirate copy's of the game.

2: The internet connections were i live suck even a game like runescape that need very little spec's to play i get major lag and connection loss and that no way to play a Rts game.

3: If u don't try u won't make ( if enough people participate in the petition Blizzard will take note.)

4: on the Blizzard forums Blizzard said thy had no plans for making a starcraft 2

1: Taking out the lan wont stop pirates from making pirate copy's of the game.

Read what he said,

"No LAN only means that pirates can't just download the game and then play multiplayer through LAN"

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Yup. The major reason for starcraft is to play multiplayer, and without LAN it takes that ability away (for pirates).

And companies deny stuff all the time, like how they denied diablo III for the longest of times. Some petition with a bunch of kids signing it is not going to influence a multi million dollar game studio.

Hi

I am a big starcraft fan have fond memories of lan party's playing starcraft, now Blizzard Entertainment comes and says that thy are not going to put lan support in to starcraft 2.

If u are like me and loved playing starcraft at lan's and want to play starcraft 2 at lan's as well then do so by participating in the petition.

[hide=I did]qzge2u.jpg[/hide]

StarCraft II will not have a local area networking (LAN) game mode

Click here to sing the Petition

Who are you and what have you done with the English language?

Its an idea that should work, pirated games usually don't work online.... Unless I'm just doing something wrong :/

Problem being to play LAN you have to be online so...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Problem being to play LAN you have to be online so...

No you don't.

Oops that was just badly worded. I mean if you wanted to play "lan" vs your mates in the same room, you'd have to all be online.

Actually, scrap that, doesn't make sense either.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Korea's gonna be pissed.
Chinese to be correct (Majority). They play through something similar to hamachi (s?) that supports up to 255 players.

It'll probably turn out to be something similar to steam, you have to log in to the server with a valid key to be able to play on LAN, considering that it's going to be Bnet 2.0.

igsig.png

Korea's gonna be pissed.
Chinese to be correct (Majority). They play through something similar to hamachi (s?) that supports up to 255 players.

It'll probably turn out to be something similar to steam, you have to log in to the server with a valid key to be able to play on LAN, considering that it's going to be Bnet 2.0.

That makes no sense because it wouldn't be a LAN then...

The idea of a LAN is to be able to play a multiplayer game with people who are connected to a network which isn't necessarily connected to the internet.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

For your information i signed a petition in 2002 for them to make a starcraft 2 and low and behold here we are waiting for them to finish it and doing a petition for them to support lan for starcraft 2.

So yeah i believe we can make a difference.

Jesus Christ, I had a similar experience: before going to sleep one night, I wished that Nintendo would make a new lighter DS. And low and behold, they came out with the DS Lite a few months later! I figured out that I must have this long distance-silent hypnosis thing that I used to contact Nintendo.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

Hey Julius, if you're reading this i WILL beat you on Sc 2. :D

You good at Starcraft?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

You good at Starcraft?

Not really, I was addicted to it from the age of like 6 till I was like 11. I'm 16 now and just started playing it again, I suck at melee immensely, I prefered to play Use Map Settings. :P

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

You good at Starcraft?

Not really, I was addicted to it from the age of like 6 till I was like 11. I'm 16 now and just started playing it again, I suck at melee immensely, I prefered to play Use Map Settings. :P

Haha, about the same for me.

I used to be pretty good.

I will play you if I get it.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.