Dragon armour.

Woofkittens

Hello. I want to buy full dragon, cause i have wanted it for a while now. Should i buy it or is it bad? Ive heard theres a special stat on the dragon plate..

Maeror_Meror.png

Proud Owner Of The Quest Cape

Proud Owner Of The Attack Cape

Proud Owner Of The Defence Cape

Dragon Drops: 1 Shield Left Half, 2 Dragon Claws, 10 Dragon Platelegs, 4 Dragon Medium Helmets

GWD Drops: Gs shard 1: 3 times GS Shard 2: Nil GS shard 3: 2 times 1 Bandos Tassets, 1 Bandos Hilt 1 Bandos Boots, Armadyl Hilt, 3 Saradomin swords

Misc: Ranger boots, Dragonic Visage, Guthix bow,

Your stats stick with barrows and bandos.

The only reason dragon is brought by 70+ defense players is for the looks nothing more.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

For stats, it sucks. Alot. I believe there's a +1 stab/slash/crush stat on the plate, pretty negligble.

If you want effective armour, Barrows was, is and most likely will be the way to go for years to come.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

For stats, it sucks. Alot. I believe there's a +1 stab/slash/crush stat on the plate, pretty negligble.

If you want effective armour, Barrows was, is and most likely will be the way to go for years to come.

Actually, it doesn't suck.

I personnally have full dragon because I dislike barrows armour. Sure, barrows gives slightly higher bonues, but dragon isn't thát bad, doesn't degrade, and looks much better. :D

Personally I find that when doing castle wars for example, the gs-wielding melee people that try to kill me when I steal flags, can't kill me because they hit too low on me.. If I'm in very dangerous places I might use barrows for a short while, but usually my dragon is more than sufficient, and isn't ugly like barrows.

I'd say go for it. :thumbsup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Dragon full helm and plate body has 30 (ish) defense less on all 3 melee, about 60 less on ranged and about 20 summoning than guthans. (all barrows are about the same def)

Dragon plate has about 30 (ish) more defense in stab and slash (10 more in crush), about 30 better in range and 2 better in summoning than dragon chain.

Hope that helps. ::'

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Actually, it doesn't suck.

I personnally have full dragon because I dislike barrows armour. Sure, barrows gives slightly higher bonues, but dragon isn't thát bad, doesn't degrade, and looks much better. :D

Personally I find that when doing castle wars for example, the gs-wielding melee people that try to kill me when I steal flags, can't kill me because they hit too low on me.. If I'm in very dangerous places I might use barrows for a short while, but usually my dragon is more than sufficient, and isn't ugly like barrows.

I'd say go for it. :thumbsup:

i agree with you i have full drag and i so hate barrow because you need to repair it again and again, i dont mind bandos either, but full drag with dfs is fine for slayer task, i like my drag, tou can expriment using diff armour piece but i would say dont buy dragon sq shield get dfs instead

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Dfs?

Nothing wrong with dragon sq... Sure as hell beats obby shield (which is what many people actually think is better -.- ).

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Dfs?

Nothing wrong with dragon sq... Sure as hell beats obby shield (which is what many people actually think is better -.- ).

yes i dont like d sq, dfs looks better with drag

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

First of all the Rune Defender is the best melee shield in the game unless you need super high defence.

If you can make over 25k/hr Barrows is best.

second off all rune defender is not a shield, third off all its only gud for str bonuses, forth of all dfs is better then defender it got str bonuses and defence bonuses

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

First of all the Rune Defender is the best melee shield in the game unless you need super high defence.

second off all rune defender is not a shield, third off all its only gud for str bonuses, forth of all dfs is better then defender it got str bonuses and defence bonuses

The rune defender is considered a shield, as it is wielded in the shield slot.

It has good offensive bonuses besides strength.

The dfs is only necessary against high leveled monsters. Against most monsters that you will train against offense is more important than defense.

2. Rune defender goes in the shield slot so yes its a shield.

3. Nope look at the attack bonus'

4. But lacks the attack bonus' mentioned above and barrows armour+ rune defender>dragon+dfs as you'll hit more.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I agree the defender isn't a shield in a conventional sense but it deos go in the shield slot. I think that is what is meant by it being a shield.

On the topic of how good a defender is I cant comment cos I don't even have a bronze defener but I am aware that defence is more or less a usless skill so all out attack doesn't seems like a bad idea.

perfetc_666.png

First off, it is by all intents and purposes a shield because of the fact that it goes in the shield slot. Don't be a smartass, it's not clever. Second of all, did you forget the attack, i.e. accuracy bonuses which are exponentially more valuable than defense which is amazingly easy to come by? Third off, the DFS is not better than the defender if you have a decent defense and/or armor. It IS NOT better than the defender. That's a fact, not an opinion. The Defender get's more exp per hour and saves more food because you're killing the monster faster. Lastly, the defender has Strength Bonuses as well as a bit defense and most importantly Attack Bonuses. The DFS is an useless piece of junk and if the only use for one is purely for asthetic purposes. If you use a DFS over a Rune Defender for efficiency, then you're an idiot.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

First off, it is by all intents and purposes a shield because of the fact that it goes in the shield slot. Don't be a smartass, it's not clever. Second of all, did you forget the attack, i.e. accuracy bonuses which are exponentially more valuable than defense which is amazingly easy to come by? Third off, the DFS is not better than the defender if you have a decent defense and/or armor. It IS NOT better than the defender. That's a fact, not an opinion. The Defender get's more exp per hour and saves more food because you're killing the monster faster. Lastly, the defender has Strength Bonuses as well as a bit defense and most importantly Attack Bonuses. The DFS is an useless piece of junk and if the only use for one is purely for asthetic purposes. If you use a DFS over a Rune Defender for efficiency, then you're an idiot.

then call me an idiot :P

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

I will put it plain and simple..

Statswise; a Dragonfire Shield uncharged is a useful as a Mithril Kiteshield. Whereas Charged it is the best shield in the game in both offence(st, att) and defence.

Rune Defender is THE BEST AVAILABLE (at lower levels) shield in the game as it offers good attack and strength bonuses. If you combine with barrows it can be just as good as a Dragonfire Shield's defence.

So the weigh in..

Rune Defender = Dragonfire Shield.

They are equally good. But:

Rune Defender: 100,000 coins in Supplies to get. Such as food, armour in the animator, potions etc etc

Dragonfire Shield: 15,000,000 coins MINIMUM! (unless dropped as a visage but goodluck anytime soon lol) and may even be close to 20M!

I know which one i would prefer..

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Statswise; a Dragonfire Shield uncharged is a useful as a Mithril Kiteshield. Whereas Charged it is the best shield in the game in both offence(st, att) and defence.

Rune Defender is THE BEST AVAILABLE (at lower levels) shield in the game as it offers good attack and strength bonuses. If you combine with barrows it can be just as good as a Dragonfire Shield's defence.

So the weigh in..

Rune Defender: 100,000 coins in Supplies to get. Such as food, armour in the animator, potions etc etc

Dragonfire Shield: 15,000,000 coins MINIMUM! (unless dropped as a visage but goodluck anytime soon lol) and may even be close to 20M!

Even with costs weighted. DFS has *almost* no uses.

Barrows degradation costs ~3-5k/hour, so it's the best. Bandos is a little above it, but not by much.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

So the weigh in..

No, no, no.

Rune defender is BETTER than Dragonfire shield.

You are taking less damage due to faster kills, and gaining more experience as well.

Dragonfire shield is, for all intents and purposes, overpriced crap.

Dear god, 90% of the Runescape community is deluded.

2Xeo5.png

DFS can be useful as a surprise PKing weapon, equip it and dragonfire that n00b.

BOOM 20 IN YOUR FACE

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

So the weigh in..

No, no, no.

You are taking less damage due to faster kills, and gaining more experience as well.

I don't claim to know which is best but it seems it's a case of every body else is wrong and your right ...

perfetc_666.png

So the weigh in..

No, no, no.

I don't claim to know which is best but it seems it's a case of every body else is wrong and your right ...

Simple fact is:

Extensive testing by myself and other people have consistantly showed rune defender far outwieghing Dragonfire shield.

2Xeo5.png

So the weigh in..

No, no, no.

Simple fact is:

Extensive testing by myself and other people have consistantly showed rune defender far outwieghing Dragonfire shield.

Well I could say I have done extensive testing and a few other's have come to same conclusion that the defender is crap, were is the proof?

This is off topic since the headline of the thread is about dragon armour.

perfetc_666.png