Firemaking Level 99

Zoov

What do most people do for 99 firemaking? Yew logs? I know 99 firemaking is cheap, but buying all the logs would be 30m. Also, buy or chop? How slow is chopping?

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

Maples. Although that, generally, is a poor option for those who makes a good amount of money. Magics/Eucs are better if you can make ~1m/hour. If you don't, stick to maples.

Nono, eucs. You may as well use money on firemaking - seriously. You want to finish it asap..

carpal tunnel sucks

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Okay so with maples it looks like almost 100,000 to burn. About 64,000 yews. Either way it seems like a lot, I am impressed by people who do it.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Okay so with maples it looks like almost 100,000 to burn. About 64,000 yews. Either way it seems like a lot, I am impressed by people who do it.

You can do 1k per hour, so that is 100 hours vs 64 hours, and 64 hours for a 99 is very low. Most 99's are about 150-200 hours, so 64-100 is pretty easy.

First I have to make 30m for the yews, wow. Only 3m for the maples, is it worth it? In the time I can make 30m I could have 99.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

If you can make 27m in in 26.5 hours yews are worth using over maples. You can burn 1300-1400 logs per hour using the backlight method at the grand exchange. As you stated you need 100,000 maples or 64,000 yews, so it'll take 71.4-76.9 hours or 45.7-49.2 hours respectivly. So maples are probably your best bet unless 1m+ an hour or have alot of unneeded gold stockpiled.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Maples. Although that, generally, is a poor option for those who makes a good amount of money. Magics/Eucs are better if you can make ~1m/hour. If you don't, stick to maples.

Nono, eucs. You may as well use money on firemaking - seriously. You want to finish it asap..

carpal tunnel sucks

Same logic with Magics for me, which is what I'm doing. ;)

My answer was just efficiency based, that's all.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

What do most people do for 99 firemaking? Yew logs? I know 99 firemaking is cheap, but buying all the logs would be 30m. Also, buy or chop? How slow is chopping?

In the end, just ask yourself:

Do you want to spend 27m more?

Or burn 36,000 more logs?

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly

Eucalyptus are better.

Euc > Yew > Maple > Teak

I think.. But I know Eucs are the best

Generally correct, but keep an eye on the prices. It could very well change.

Don't forget to get the rewards from beacon lighting along the way to speed things up. :thumbup:

I think it's been proven that, ultimately, it doesn't get you faster xp in the end, although it does get you an adze. It's only worth doing for that.

Don't forget to get the rewards from beacon lighting along the way to speed things up. :thumbup:

I think it's been proven that, ultimately, it doesn't get you faster xp in the end, although it does get you an adze. It's only worth doing for that.

It does save like 3 or 4k maples in the long run though. Doesn't seem like a lot but that's like 2-3 hours if you're fast

It does save like 3 or 4k maples in the long run though. Doesn't seem like a lot but that's like 2-3 hours if you're fast

From level 92, ~46k with both, and ~48k without. That's ~1 hour of maples.

I'm no expert on this, but 1 hour to get everything set up and light all the beacons sounds just about right.

From level 92, ~46k with both, and ~48k without. That's ~1 hour of maples.

I'm no expert on this, but 1 hour to get everything set up and light all the beacons sounds just about right.

I meant from the point when you get the flame gloves, the adz doesn't give an xp boost.

from 79- 83k without, 79k with

only takes like 40 mins to light the ones for the flame gloves.

Then you'd use up more time having to go through the whole thing again for the adze.

Then you'd use up more time having to go through the whole thing again for the adze.

My point is it's less time of actual firemaking, it can get boring at times. I got so tired of it that i used yews for 98-99 :lol:

I suppose, but when you look at it in the big picture, it doesn't do you much good.