Do you ever randomly make a noobs day???

Moosh89

I dunno, sometimes i find it fun to make up a bunch of steel armour sets with steel scimitars and park myself in lumbridge castle and hand them out to players level 10 and under... no one ever did it for me when i started playing 6 years ago, so i thought it would be nice to start something, maybe those people will remember that someone gave them good starting stuff, maybe not remember my username, but that someone did, and they will do the same when they're bored...

some people use the stuff, some sell it and put the money towards something else they want...

i usually wear my mrs claus outfit when i do it haha :lol: , anyone else ever do this?

:idea: maybe some year we should get together around christmas or thanksgiving and make a mass give away... i dunno

Seems like a good idea. But sadly this doesn't really belong here. But i use to do that some times, not as much as i tend to often do more important things.

^^You're probably right, i just thought if someone was looking for help, maybe they need better stuff... as in, we help people by giving them better stuff
This is more for people needing help and have no where else to turn or no idea what they are doing or how to go about doing it.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I believe this is a topic better suited for General Discussion. :) Moving it there for you, as it doesn't quite fit the theme in Help and Advice.

I am all for being a kind person but I personally believe in the, "Teach someone to fish, and they'll eat for a lifetime" philosophy. I'd rather help them train (morale support, I mean!) than make them dependant on the generosity of others.

hzvjpwS.gif

i answer questions generally. and give spare change if they need it.

"treat others the way you want to be treated."

So i should shower people with free money and booze? :lol:

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

I believe this is a topic better suited for General Discussion. :) Moving it there for you, as it doesn't quite fit the theme in Help and Advice.

I am all for being a kind person but I personally believe in the, "Teach someone to fish, and they'll eat for a lifetime" philosophy. I'd rather help them train (morale support, I mean!) than make them dependant on the generosity of others.

Thanks!

Alternatively treat yourself as you want others to treat you, so shower your self in said things.

I sometimes give people stuff they need or show them around if they need help. I'm always answering questions.

35b9enp.jpg

look at it this way: if someone asked me for 10 gp to get to al kharid when i have 100k in my pocket, you think its better for me to ignore him and leave? so if i was that person, how would i feel? would i want people to do the same to me when i need spare coins?

i swear to god, these ignorant comments just makes me sick to my stomach.

look at it this way: if someone asked me for 10 gp to get to al kharid when i have 100k in my pocket, you think its better for me to ignore him and leave? so if i was that person, how would i feel? would i want people to do the same to me when i need spare coins?

why would i give money to someone who isn't willing to work for it?

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Wth is your problem? I wasn't making an ignorant post, i was making a funny remark. I know what it means, if you can't take a joke then i don't think you should be on the internet.

I usually at a bank gearing up for my next task when i see someone asking "does anyone have [item], paying 5k for it" I usually have a few extra in my bank and gladly give it to them. But I'm not going to go out of my way to help someone if im busy.

GWD:

I used to give out about half of my money, but now I can't do that because RWTing has ruined this game. I remember several occaisons when I would be selling some type of armor or weapon, and the kid would put up a certain ammount of gold, and then add all of his armor, food, etc...just to try to get near "my price". Sometimes I felt really bad when this would happen and ended up telling them that they can just give me the money, and keep their armor so that they can use that fancy new abbysal whip. Sure, it would cost me upwards of 500k sometimes, but I still made more than I had before I got the whip, I made somebody happy, and thus I was happy knowing that somebody else was happy.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I used to, I really did. I would be happy to hand out free stuff or answer questions. However...

Nowadays I ignore people who ask stupid questions. If someone is asking for an item he is usually begging. And I only help out people who don't say a thing and don't ask anything.

The way I see it is, if someone is asking a question that is hard to get the answer to then I will answer it. Although, if someone is asking a stupid question like, "How much is [insert item]" or "Where is Varrock" I will ignore them. It is better to let them find the answer themselves, rather than feed them all day long. They will grow up.

Stellactic.gif

It would be funnier (at least to me) if you gave them the ge sets and didn't tell them how to unpack :lol: haha

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Yes :thumbsup:

but OT, i do help people, but not giving them items so much as helping them do what theyre doing

death.jpg

RIP Chuck Schuldiner

No, i slap them in the face verbally and end the conversation with "Sorry i am to awesome for you".

No just joking rofl :lol:

I sense alot of times those that want to be helped and those that don't. Example a player asking questions every step of the way is not someone you should help.

Someone asking couple questions is someone worthy of helping. Also you sense who is nice and who is not. Someone speaking nicely often is nice.

But i also do randomly help people sometimes.

I don't care about a players level when it comes to talking to them. I have met some low levels that's great to talk to, where as high levels being boring.

Levels only matter when your gonna do something. Example a level 60 friend of yours say "I wanna kill Bandos", then you gotta just be honest and say "Sorry dude but your levels are far to low so i don't wanna do it. But i suggest leveling a bit and then ill glady come along".

I've done that a few times too.

But I usually get some iron armours as it has no defence-requirement.

And for giving money.

I don't.

Usually they even start asking nice.

If they DO ask nice, I'll help them by telling them a way to start making money (like mining or wc or something).

I only give away money if they REALLY need it on that moment.

e.g. If he/she forgot his/her money to go to Karamja because there is no bank near port sarim and 30 gp is allmost nothing.

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

I used to when you could trade freely.

Now with the increase in limits, ease of obtaining items and the general attitude of most players I haven't done it on this account.

I know a lot of people might disagree but people have become more greedy then pre-GE and pre-lending.

It used to be give someone something like a armour set and they'd thank you. Now there more likely to say "give me the money instead", "give me more" or constantly pester you for more free items when ever there on.

I'm sure there are player who don't do this, but theres are fewer then there used to be.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I like to lend out my fury to pures training edge but most of the time they refuse. :-k I don't go out of my way to free worlds to give armour to low levels, I did once (but I was a f2per myself at the time) and all he did was demand more.

imagangster.png

Yeah, I do that when I'm F2P. I get a whole bunch of Monk Robes and hand them out to new players in Lumbridge. After a few days, they ask for more stuff but I guess thats what I get for giving to many stuff <.<

If I'm more generous, I pick a random person and order them to give me a random item; EX, Banana, Pie Dish, Oak Logs, etc.

Quite hilarious seeing them run around, then I reward them with 10k. :mrgreen:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow