Piano

rangeor

How many of you play piano? What are your favorite songs to play?

It's honestly my favorite instrument. It's powerful, beautiful, and emotional. I don't think it's a recordable instrument; listening to a grand piano on your mp3 player doesn't sound nearly the same as being three feet from the instrument itself.

wl7w9j.png

I dont play the piano.

Its okay, I dont really like it that much though.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I wish I could play the piano. I can only play a few basic songs (Mary Had A Little Lamb, those lame songs) and Last Flowers by Radiohead.

Do you take lessons?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

(Points to sig)

But in all seriousness, I'm not the biggest fan of the Piano as a solo instrument, with a few exceptions--namely Charles Ives' Piano Sonatas and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

As I play the Violin, I spend a fair bit of time with Violin/Piano duets. I much prefer the Piano when it is played alongside a Violin.

Cool.

I've taught myself on a Yamaha PSR-175 keyboard. Although it sounds rather horrid, it's sufficient for learning on.

In the months I've been playing I have only learned a few pieces, such as Kalmah's "Swamphell", Heavenly's "Miracle" and Fur Elise. I can also play myriads of keyboard "riffs" (for lack of a better word) coming from acts such as Skyfire, Children of Bodom, Norther, and of course Kalmah. Having that said, I would be progressing much faster if I dedicated myself to the instrument.

However, I feel I am much more of a guitar player at heart, so piano is likely to remain as a secondary instrument to me for quite a protracted period of time. :P

As your typical Asian, yep, I play piano. I've been taking lessons for >10 years, though for quite a few of those years I wasn't dedicated to it, and my parents actually don't force me to practice or anything, so I'm not that great.

I generally play classical (Chopin, Beethoven and Mozart, mainly), but I've tried printing some sheet music to learn on my own. Never really tried keyboarding though, if there's a difference.

I agree with Intriguing, I think it sounds nice with a violin (which I don't play, but wish I did...), though occasionally it can sound nice by itself.

Just some stuff I've played recently (past year and a half) that I've liked:

Chopin's Nocturne Op. 15 No. 2

Recently, I've found that's it's actually pretty fun. It's definitely better if you enjoy what you're playing, and I really like some of the Chopin stuff I posted above.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

My mom is a piano teacher, actually. So I've played since I was yound. I haven't played much in these recent years,however, but I would really like to be better at it. I just can't get motivated enough to start. My little brother is way better than me. He won some piano competition a little while ago.

mbqyk3.gif

Do you take lessons?

No, but I do take guitar lessons and apply what I learn to the piano. I think it's quite funny; I'm much better at the guitar than the piano, however I like the piano much more!

Right now my goal is to learn Muse's new song and upload a cover the same day it's fully released (they're releasing it in thirty second segments). :P

wl7w9j.png

I wish I could play the piano well. My parents bought me a keyboard when I was young and I taught myself a few of the demo classical songs on it by watching which notes they played on the LED screen. I've also taught myself This Year's Love by David Gray, which is quite nice but not hugely impressive. If I could play Clair de Lune though...

I also really want to try and learn this, it's lovely:

[yt]9bRNbBrgLO4[/yt]

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Do you take lessons?

No, but I do take guitar lessons and apply what I learn to the piano. I think it's quite funny; I'm much better at the guitar than the piano, however I like the piano much more!

Right now my goal is to learn Muse's new song and upload a cover the same day it's fully released (they're releasing it in thirty second segments). :P

My guitar teacher is [cabbage] -.- I'm guessing you apply the therory you learn from guitar lessons to your piano playing? My teacher doesn't teach me theory. #-o

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I have a Roland RD-700 Stage Piano. I used to play but never got any good and eventually grew to hate it and now the thing collects dust.

WHAT??? Those things are $2,500! Either play it or give it to me!

wl7w9j.png

I have a Roland RD-700 Stage Piano. I used to play but never got any good and eventually grew to hate it and now the thing collects dust.

WHAT??? Those things are $2,500! Either play it or give it to me!

Yeah, my dad bought it one day and I was like "whut?"

I really should sell it and get a really nice Tenor sax :)

I play

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge