Some Pictures from Jagex

n_odie

What's the big deal with night & day? Can someone explain to me how that will make Runescape gameplay better?

Do you ever get tired of the game looking daytime or the boring colors.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the big deal with night & day? Can someone explain to me how that will make Runescape gameplay better?

No, never. I know you wern't talking to me but I never do.

Unless they make it either controllable or double speed (so 6 hours in game is 12 hours in real life) so you can experiance both night and day cos usually when it goes dark you go to sleep, so you wont experiance it that much and little kiddies will miss out on it.

It is just a waste of time to put into the game to me, if they put it in I will see what it looks like then never use it again.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Where are all those adamant dragons coming from? Where is the picture/link to the proof?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Unless they make it either controllable or double speed (so 6 hours in game is 12 hours in real life) so you can experiance both night and day cos usually when it goes dark you go to sleep, so you wont experiance it that much and little kiddies will miss out on it.

It is just a waste of time to put into the game to me, if they put it in I will see what it looks like then never use it again.

Lulz I go to bed waaay after it first turns dark :lol:

It reminds me of the day/night on Pokemon though, I never used to be able to play during the day much so I was always there at night (it turns dark at 6pm, fail). But you catch different pokemon at different times of day. Maybe different monsters will appear during different times of the day in Runescape?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

It reminds me of the day/night on Pokemon though, I never used to be able to play during the day much so I was always there at night (it turns dark at 6pm, fail). But you catch different pokemon at different times of day. Maybe different monsters will appear during different times of the day in Runescape?

Oh yeah I always played during the day. It was heck to catch a dark type. (Well obviously not in RBY)

Day/Night, very cool. :thumbsup:

Sailing and bards... no opinion.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

What I meant by you go to sleep when it is dark is not many people sleep during the day and are awake during the night, so most people will still have the day thing going on.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

Release new vampire quest, add day and night, and every 30 mins or so the town turns to darkness and some level 200 vamps come out to kill you, that'll be nice and werewolves.

Must carry lantern in those nights too add firemaking requirements could be fun.

Clearly you have never played Castlevania 2...

I agree with InsanityV2, that the so-called "skeleton monkey" is composed of multiple bones.

priest_wiz.png

The three houses in the 'night' pictures look a bit different if you compare them to the first one. As someone before me said, there sits a crow on the roof, the straw looks a lot more shabby, and some sort of fence has appeared on top. Also, some kind of climbing plant is creeping up a support, not visible in the first pic, and the white walls of the second floor appear older. By the way, I walked past the house in Lumby, and it seems this pic shows an updated version, with crooked walls instead of straight ones.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Release new vampire quest, add day and night, and every 30 mins or so the town turns to darkness and some level 200 vamps come out to kill you, that'll be nice and werewolves.

Must carry lantern in those nights too add firemaking requirements could be fun.

I agree with InsanityV2, that the so-called "skeleton monkey" is composed of multiple bones.

Misterknowitall right as ever through the bone "monkey" is made up of bones from the Rag and Bone man's list well that what I think since you need a baby dragon bone look at the head.

[hide=Quote Train]

Oh yeah I always played during the day. It was heck to catch a dark type. (Well obviously not in RBY)

[/hide]

This is what I worry bout if they do implement a day/night thing. It was annoying how I couldn't catch a Ledyba or Doduo in GSC only cause they appeared in morning etc.

Nope never played it day/night holds more possibilitys than just a blackout though

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Nope never played it day/night holds more possibilitys than just a blackout though

Still, JAGeX needs to make sure that everyone can profit of all these possibilities instead of creating something like Pokémon Gold and Silver, as stated before. Also, in Castlevania 2, the only thing you could do during night-time was fighting against enless spawns of strong enemies, wich got rather dull after a while.

priest_wiz.png

Where are all those adamant dragons coming from? Where is the picture/link to the proof?

Its a suggestion somewhere on tif.

OT:Can somebody please tell me how this will amount to anything other than new paint...? :|

No...there is a concept picture of the adamant dragons in this thread. You need to read the whole thread next time. Here it is:

rhqdragon24840544485097.jpg

We think it is a metal dragon because of the trademark glowing green eyes that only metal dragons have.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

[hide=whip]

Am I the only one who thinks these two images are simular?

newwhip.jpg

BLEACH__Ban_KAI_by_Raenstrife.jpg

[/hide]

They look similar, except the "jaws" of the whip is in the handle and is on the tip for zabimaru.

Hunter

^ (used to watch bleach)

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

Is that first one the fishing guild?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking but I'm not sure. I'm wondering what it is.

We've already had the agility and bard update, so that is nothing new. The next two, if related, hint at a new quest? The whole skeletal ape thing - AWMG MM2?

And the day and night - it's not the first time I've seen that picture but \' I'd like the sense of realism it would give. I fell in love with the Halloween 08 effect they had.

im thinking its a new area altogether... as in a new skill..... because they took out summoning tab for.... something else.... which could be boat status or w/e..... which the dock could be for sailing......... its all coming together!

35hedkh.jpg

That green/adamant dragon looks like something that came out of Monster Hunter. Gravios? Rathian? Rathalos? Too bad Runescape's version of monster slaying generally means standing in one spot and waving your weapon, eating something, while watching the HP bar go down. But nevertheless, it looks really cool, perhaps a dragon tower shield drop? <3:

I think the RuneScape community has reached a stage where you want game updates, yet you reject new ideas, and you probably can't come up with a better idea that like-minded people like yourself would agree with. What's with the rejection of day/night system, and the upcoming changes to the animation/design of weapons and emote?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

that armor looks vaguely like the stuff the samurais wore :ohnoes: eastern lands, anyone?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Is that first one the fishing guild?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking but I'm not sure. I'm wondering what it is.

We've already had the agility and bard update, so that is nothing new. The next two, if related, hint at a new quest? The whole skeletal ape thing - AWMG MM2?

And the day and night - it's not the first time I've seen that picture but \' I'd like the sense of realism it would give. I fell in love with the Halloween 08 effect they had.

im thinking its a new area altogether... as in a new skill..... because they took out summoning tab for.... something else.... which could be boat status or w/e..... which the dock could be for sailing......... its all coming together!

The tab would be just like the summoning one then because we won't be sailing all the time so it'd have to come and go?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].