Games that you find overrated?

Princess Viola

I think Chrono Trigger and the GTA's are pretty overrated. GTA was cool because it's great for blowing off some steam after a stressful day, but a lot of people acted like it was a prodigy amongst video games. No, just another game with the ability to be as immoral as you want.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Chrono Trigger and the GTA's are pretty overrated. GTA was cool because it's great for blowing off some steam after a stressful day, but a lot of people acted like it was a prodigy amongst video games. No, just another game with the ability to be as immoral as you want.

You just summed up GTA4 in a sentence. A proper game would have required at least 2 :P

disturbeda.png

Why do you find Chrono Trigger overrated? Or, granted, what would you say is a better RPG?

I mean Chrono Trigger does get a lot of praise but it is all worthy of that, easily one of the best RPG's ever made.

GTA caused alot of uproar in alot of countries. GTA deserves all ratings it gets.

But I hate how they keep toning it down every game. I mean, it would be cooler if more gore was in there, but no.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Why do you find Chrono Trigger overrated? Or, granted, what would you say is a better RPG?

I mean Chrono Trigger does get a lot of praise but it is all worthy of that, easily one of the best RPG's ever made.

I mainly say that because the battle system didn't do much for me. I like a little more customization when it comes to combat. Also, the big hype about the multiple endings and time travel. I can see the appeal, especially given the time it was released, but I still think the story was over-hyped a bit.

That being said, I also think the earlier Final Fantasy's are overrated. Well, maybe not the first one since it did launch the series and it was pretty unique at the time. I liked 7 and up because they all had pretty diverse fighting styles. It took me a while to get into Junctioning for 8, but later on in the game I really started appreciating it more. Final Fantasy 7 is definitely overrated though. If people liked it because of the materia and sidequests I could understand, but most high ratings only stem from the fact that the characters were "ever-so-cool".

GTA caused alot of uproar in alot of countries. GTA deserves all ratings it gets.

I don't see how being controversial automatically makes something great.

Pókemon games. Exactly the same just different person and Pókemon.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Well really they werent overrated by critics and most disliked the games.

However they didnt manually change anything in the games because people complained how it was, but they toned it down in the coming games. Like GTASA had so many racial slurs and the like, but GTA4 was like half that. It really takes from the series.

That's my 2 cents btw.

Your joking right?

All the GTA reviews I've seen (wasn't really into gaming when GTA and GTA 2 were released as I was a baby) rate GTA as the highest scoring games ever.

IMO GTA VC is better then SA and IV put together.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I mainly say that because the battle system didn't do much for me. I like a little more customization when it comes to combat. Also, the big hype about the multiple endings and time travel. I can see the appeal, especially given the time it was released, but I still think the story was over-hyped a bit.

That being said, I also think the earlier Final Fantasy's are overrated. Well, maybe not the first one since it did launch the series and it was pretty unique at the time. I liked 7 and up because they all had pretty diverse fighting styles. It took me a while to get into Junctioning for 8, but later on in the game I really started appreciating it more. Final Fantasy 7 is definitely overrated though. If people liked it because of the materia and sidequests I could understand, but most high ratings only stem from the fact that the characters were "ever-so-cool".

To be honest this is more of an age thing than something that was wrong with the game.

And I loved the storyline. Sure, at it's core it was pretty basic (need to stop lavos) but the way they presented it was top notch. I got chills the first time I saw the cutscene of lavos destroying the world because I knew what the consequence of that would be, due to the time travel. Once you add in a well liked cast of characters and there easily is a reason why it is a favorite.

I really don't like most modern JRPG's now, they seem too generic in all honesty. FF7 is easily one of the most overrated RPG's ever made, I never could why people held it to such a high standard.

Your joking right?

All the GTA reviews I've seen (wasn't really into gaming when GTA and GTA 2 were released as I was a baby) rate GTA as the highest scoring games ever.

IMO GTA VC is better then SA and IV put together.

Eh I thought they were rated badly.

But SA was my favourite and I hated VC.

Pókemon games. Exactly the same just different person and Pókemon.

And map. And usually one new feature or two... But overall, yeah. You're right.

It wasn't an official bundle then. The only official Nintendo bundle was with Wii Sports.

Took forever working out those quote codes.

I don't know if it was "official" or not, but it was for a short time. Maybe 2 weeks at most?

And yeah, I wanted to figure them out myself, but didn't have time.

To be honest this is more of an age thing than something that was wrong with the game.

What do you mean? My age or the game's?

The game's age. Back when it was released it easily had one of the most innovative combat systems to date. And really even today I still really enjoy the combat. It's simple but there is a lot of depth to it with the double and triple attacks I think.

I think the old console tekkens are a little overrated, and yet underrated.. Like, they're all really similar, but they bring in certain people. And uncompetitively, alot of characters are hidden, noone uses them.

Exc. T6, which I played arcade off and seemed pretty epic.

Halo

Halo 2

Halo 3

Anything Pokemon related.

Need for Speed - all

Need for Speed 1, 2 and Hot Pursuit were all very solid games. I have very fond memories of playing NFS2 with my younger brother on our PC. :P

Halo

Halo 2

Halo 3

Need for Speed - all

What? The basic color pokemon games and the metallic pokemon games were classic. Once we started getting up into the gemstone though they went down hill.

Halo

Halo 2

Halo 3

Need for Speed - all

What? The basic color pokemon games and the metallic pokemon games were classic. Once we started getting up into the gemstone though they went down hill.

Yea i meant the newest ones, not the old skool ones shoulda probaly meantioned it #-o

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Halo

Halo 2

Halo 3

Need for Speed - all

Yea i meant the newest ones, not the old skool ones shoulda probaly meantioned it #-o

But the newest ones have Shinx and Parichisu.

Pachirisu is a goddamn Pikachu ripoff, and Shinx has nothing of merit.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Halo

Halo 2

Halo 3

Need for Speed - all

But the newest ones have Shinx and Parichisu.

Don't have a DS so I can't play the newest ones but they started going downhill with Ruby and Sapphire.