Games that you find overrated?

Princess Viola

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gears of war, halo, world of warcraft and runescape (Yes, I do play the last two. I find them good, but not as good as they make them out to be.)

By the way, kirby kicks [wagon]. *Looks at my username and signature*

Gears of war, halo, world of warcraft and runescape (Yes, I do play the last two. I find them good, but not as good as they make them out to be.)

Runescape overrated? The only people who think it is majorly good is the RS fanboys. And they are few

Why do you find it overrated? Or, I guess, what online FPS do you find better?

I think the mechanics of the game are great, it just doesn't have the same addictive quality as other FPSs I've played. The real only reason I've ever played TF2 for an extended amount of time was because I found it fun playing with the people more so than playing the actual game.

Runescape overrated? The only people who think it is majorly good is the RS fanboys. And they are few

Shouldn't say over rated, just over rated by some. every single boy in my grade 6 class (Including me :oops: ) played it and thought it was the greatest game ever. Now, I'm the only one who plays it and they bash insults at anyone who does. Luckly nobody knows I play it.

Off topic:

Now that I think about it, all nintendo 64 games are incredibly under rated. I'll name a few I had.

Banjo Tooie

Super Mario 64

Paper Mario

Now, those three games were absolutely incredible. They were very, very long (Or perhaps I was just young and took me awhile too beat?) and insanely fun. I wish I still had those games.... And my n64 :cry:

Runescape? Overrated? :-#..... :lol: no way. Runescape cops so much crap it's a crime to say it is even CLOSE to been rated anywhere above a 4 by the average mmo player. Because they all play WoW, which is the highly overrated one.

I play WoW, it's an alright game, but seriously I've seen heaps better games. GW is better imo...

Now that I think about it, all nintendo 64 games are incredibly under rated. I'll name a few I had.

Banjo Tooie

Super Mario 64

Paper Mario

Now, those three games were absolutely incredible. They were very, very long (Or perhaps I was just young and took me awhile too beat?) and insanely fun. I wish I still had those games.... And my n64 :cry:

Banjo Tooie is a mad game. It goes for ages and I never get bored. A bear with a bird that flies around and does random st00f? Genious! And the Mario games were all awesome. I hate it how Nintendo splash Mario across every single product they release though (Mario at the Winter Olympics? wtf? :|).

disturbeda.png

Rock Band/Guitar Hero. It was fun for like a year or so but it's always $60 for like 100 new songs, and no matter what you do the gameplay never changes, you're always just pressing buttons on time. I don't see how anyone can still be playing these games.

Definitely Halo, I don't see anything special about it?

Nintendogs. Me, my brother and my brothers friend bought different copies off it, we got bored and sold the three the next week... D:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as well. Its been voted the best game ever made a few times. Hello? Final Fantasy 7 and Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time owns that game anyday. O_o

Seriously, you know what ticks me off. Anyone who just buys "Insert Popular Title of the Day" and acts like they're a gamer, and they know anything about games.

I know I guy like that, he said he knew anything about games, I asked him some simple questions. (His answers are in bold)

1. When was the NES released in the US?

It was released in 1998, duh.

2. When did Sonic start sucking?

1974, [wagon]!

3. What is the secret password in Metroid?

There's no passwords in Metroid.

4. What are all Kirby games known as in Japan?

Suck n Blow Boy Adventure! LOL!!!!

#-o

So knowing facts makes you a gamer? :|

I think it's the lack of general knowledge. I don't know the exact year the SNES came out. But I know CT came out in 1995 for the SNES so it atleast has to be older than that.

Someone please explain why someone needs to know useless general information to be good at a competitive game?

Quoted for truth.

Kirby = Awesome

Random posting to agree and nothing else is fun isnt it?

I think the mechanics of the game are great, it just doesn't have the same addictive quality as other FPSs I've played. The real only reason I've ever played TF2 for an extended amount of time was because I found it fun playing with the people more so than playing the actual game.

TF2 isnt like the average FPS, it's much more team orientated and strategy based, whereas other known shooters are usually just killing people over and over, so really it sets itself apart. I like the idea of TF2 and I really should try it :|

I dont need a siggy no moar.

See, I find it pretty addictive to play. :) Did you play the 360 or PC version? The 360 version isn't that great because it only has like.. 3 or 4 maps. The PC version has like 20 official maps, a ton more custom and a lot of updates.

I find it really addictive, but I dont think I could ever play it on the 360.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Far Cry 2 is easily on top of my list. It's a fun game, and the explosions are exciting. However, the hordes of respawning camps and hours of driving to objectives just isn't my cup of tea. This one really doesn't live up to its hype. At least my copy came free with one of my GTX 260s.

Crysis as a game is overrated, but most people I know get Crysis as a benchmark and not a game.

Foooman.png

Far Cry 2 is easily on top of my list. It's a fun game, and the explosions are exciting. However, the hordes of respawning camps and hours of driving to objectives just isn't my cup of tea. This one really doesn't live up to its hype. At least my copy came free with one of my GTX 260s.

Crysis as a game is overrated, but most people I know get Crysis as a benchmark and not a game.

Yeah I always thought Crysis was like a 'My graphics card runs Crysis at 60FPS what about you!' sort of delio. I have never heard anything about the game itself, just that people compare graphics cards using it.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

• 2 weeks later...

Gears of war is definitely overrated, sure the blood and violence is epic for the first 15 min, but after that it gets boring!

Also for those that diss on the cod:mw and cod:waw Sure its a typical "war fps" game but you have to admit its a great way to kill some time/friends because many ppl play it.

Pokemon.... what can i say about that..... oh right. its getting freaking old. its just colabs of past pokemon games and sure they can "spice it up" with new pokemon but c'mon! they are running out of ideas!

Coolman1053.png

Would you kindly give me your phat? (if you know this phrase, good job! if not... well....*stab*)

Pokemon.... what can i say about that..... oh right. its getting freaking old. its just colabs of past pokemon games and sure they can "spice it up" with new pokemon but c'mon! they are running out of ideas!

Pokemon is living on many of the people who grew up with the series, like I did. I'm really looking forward to the new Silver/Gold remakes. I feel that there are tons of new features that can be added to make the game a blast to play. Wifi trading and battling was a huge addition this time around, so it warranted Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I don't know where Pokemon is headed next, but I'll be sure to follow it.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Gears of war is definitely overrated, sure the blood and violence is epic for the first 15 min, but after that it gets boring!

Also for those that diss on the cod:mw and cod:waw Sure its a typical "war fps" game but you have to admit its a great way to kill some time/friends because many ppl play it.

I definitely agree here. My brother bought it and I can't stand playing it for too long because it bores me like Halo 3. Action needs to be tons of fun and broken up but the action in this game can basically be summarized by "Run into place with tons of convenient cover, hide behind cover, shoot enemies, run to another place with tons of convenient cover". And Halo can be summarized by "Run into area, Shoot stuff, drive vehicle, run into another area, shoot more stuff". Hell, you can even shoot stuff as you ride vehicles!

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg