Games that you find overrated?

Princess Viola

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking over that list theres a few imo that shouldn't be anywhere near the top 20.

Wii Play was bundled with the Wii and therefore those aren't true sales figures.

Wii Sports was bundled with the Wii. Wii Play came with a controller.

Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, FireRed, LeafGreen and possibly Rub and Sapphire are bad attempts at redo'ing the pokemon brand.

In your opinion. They all recieved good reviews and I personally enjoyed them.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Starcraft, Cod:WaW, SSB: Brawl, Gears of War, Final Fantasy series, Counter-Strike, Legend of Zelda, Crysis, Metal Gear Solid series

I agree with Crysis. The only reason why it got good ratings is because of the graphics. It was really a mediocre shooter imo.

I agree with Crysis. The only reason why it got good ratings is because of the graphics. It was really a mediocre shooter imo.

I agree, it was bland, cookie-cutter FPS with pretty backgrounds.

To add my own, besides the obvious Halo/Gears of War/Rock Band/Guitar Hero, I say Call of Duty 4. It was good and it was fun, but I enjoyed United Offensive 3 times as much and that was just an expansion pack. The multiplayer, which everyone seems to love, is abysmal. It's just spawn camping and wild spray-and-pray gun fights. I would much rather stick to Battlefield 2 or 2142 which require team work and some brains to play.

10_joelmike2.jpg

It's just spawn camping and wild spray-and-pray gun fights. I would much rather stick to Battlefield 2 or 2142 which require team work and some brains to play.

Probably would want to do something else other than a deathmatch PUB.

You guy's who are slamming Crysis for being generic, have you ever played the game? Compared to some shooters that have came out recently it actually has a good bit of innovation, especially your suit. Sorry, I just hate having to hear it alongside halo. Hell, the multiplayer was pretty fun and fast paced for a bit too, even though servers could only go up to 32 players on the PC. But yeah I'd like to know if you guy's played through the game, it gets in some pretty unique scenarios near the end especially.

Gears of Wars I could probably say that it is overrated, but I don't think it's a terrible game. I actually enjoyed playing through Co-op with my brother, was good fun. It also was one of the first games (I know of) to use such an extensive cover system. Sure it wasn't the first game you had to take cover in, but the way they did it was certainly new.

Metal Gear Solid series

I do agree with this one though. Never got the fascination for a game series that was more of a movie than a video game.

I'm probably the only one on Tip.It that things like this, but I think all First Person Shooters are terribly overrated. I've only played a few, but they're all the same - you just shoot people and try not to get shot. They're not dynamic at all. I could just be ignorant, but from what I've played they're all pretty much the same boring thing. Just with different graphics.

wl7w9j.png

I'm probably the only one on Tip.It that things like this, but I think all First Person Shooters are terribly overrated. I've only played a few, but they're all the same - you just shoot people and try not to get shot. They're not dynamic at all. I could just be ignorant, but from what I've played they're all pretty much the same boring thing. Just with different graphics.

Aren't all RPG's just you choosing abilities to kill other dudes?

Aren't all RTS's just you building dudes to kill other dudes?

Aren't all platformer's just you jumping on dudes (and things)?

Face it, you can generalize any genre -- it doesn't make it true though. Trying to say an entire genre is overrated? Play some Half Life, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Quake, Unreal Tournament, No one Lives forever, STALKER, Crysis, Left4Dead and Team Fortress 2. All vastly different games and different experiences in their own rights. The two closest games I listed to being the same are Quake and UT, but I think they have enough notable differences.

You might not just like them which is fine. Certainly does not mean they are even close to being the same kind of experience.

GTA San Andreas.

I'd like to know why you consider it overrated?

The only thing overrated about GTASA is peoples reaction to the swearing and the like.

It didn't live up to the hype, for me. It's all I heard about for months, and then I finally play it a year ago and I was bored and disgusted.

I dont think it got such hype in Aus then.

Be quiet then. :wall:

No, I meant I dont see how they function any differently. The only dif would be stats and looks.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

GTA San Andreas.

I'd like to know why you consider it overrated?

The only thing overrated about GTASA is peoples reaction to the swearing and the like.

It didn't live up to the hype, for me. It's all I heard about for months, and then I finally play it a year ago and I was bored and disgusted.

I dont think it got such hype in Aus then.

It was mostly the hype from my classmates, who were obsessed with it.

Looking over that list theres a few imo that shouldn't be anywhere near the top 20.

Wii Play was bundled with the Wii and therefore those aren't true sales figures.

Wii Play WAS bundled for a bit, but I don't think it lasted very long.

And lol at whoever was dissing Rock Band. Your opinion is invalid.

My opinion is plenty valid. If I wanted to play some music, I'd learn a real instrument. Not play a video game.

No, it wasn't.

The only results for "Wii play bundled with Wii" are for Wii Play bundled with Wii Remote.

No, it wasn't.

The only results for "Wii play bundled with Wii" are for Wii Play bundled with Wii Remote.

I walked into a WalMart one day and saw it. I only saw it once or twice, but it was there.

Wii Play WAS bundled for a bit' date=' but I don't think it lasted very long.[/quote']

No, it wasn't.

I walked into a WalMart one day and saw it. I only saw it once or twice, but it was there.

It wasn't an official bundle then. The only official Nintendo bundle was with Wii Sports.

Took forever working out those quote codes.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Oh, I also hate MGS4. The camera angles are gay, the gameplay isn't that great, and yes I have played it. It is a decent game, but Gamespot (the fanboy wonders) gave it ALL the freaking awards they had. Game of the year, best shooter of the year, etc. they should of given themselves best fanboys of the year. Honestly, they overhyped that game to the extreme. MGS4, big [cabbage]. Consider this a rant.

disturbeda.png

But every game is the same, an SMG in cod5 is no different to an SMG in cod4/6.

You've played CoD:MW2? No? Then you wouldn't know.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

It's just spawn camping and wild spray-and-pray gun fights. I would much rather stick to Battlefield 2 or 2142 which require team work and some brains to play.

Probably would want to do something else other than a deathmatch PUB.

They all amount to everyman for himself twitch shooting and, again, camping. You can't revive, heal, or rearm your teammates for points. You can only kill. And the air-strike things are absolutely ridiculous. They take no skill to use and are way over powered. At least with the orbital/artillery strikes in BF you have to aim.

You guy's who are slamming Crysis for being generic, have you ever played the game? Compared to some shooters that have came out recently it actually has a good bit of innovation, especially your suit. Sorry, I just hate having to hear it alongside halo. Hell, the multiplayer was pretty fun and fast paced for a bit too, even though servers could only go up to 32 players on the PC. But yeah I'd like to know if you guy's played through the game, it gets in some pretty unique scenarios near the end especially.

Yeah, I finished it. I just thought is felt clunky and bland (kinda like Haze, except not nearly as much). The AI left a lot to be desired. The suit felt like a chore to use for more than a few things or the occasional cheap laugh. Every little skirmish I just felt like I was an unstoppable badass (like Halo) teasing a small child. The guns were unsatisfying. And there are tons of gameplay hindering clipping problems. The plot was alright, but nothing really creative. The multiplayer was ok, but it's so full of cheaters it's almost unplayable. For me, all that amounted to was an unremarkable (not bad, just unremarkable) game.

10_joelmike2.jpg

Yeah, I finished it. I just thought is felt clunky and bland (kinda like Haze, except not nearly as much). The AI left a lot to be desired. The suit felt like a chore to use for more than a few things or the occasional cheap laugh. Every little skirmish I just felt like I was an unstoppable badass (like Halo) teasing a small child. The guns were unsatisfying. And there are tons of gameplay hindering clipping problems. The plot was alright, but nothing really creative. The multiplayer was ok, but it's so full of cheaters it's almost unplayable. For me, all that amounted to was an unremarkable (not bad, just unremarkable) game.

Funny you have the exact opposite opinion of the game as I did.

But every game is the same, an SMG in cod5 is no different to an SMG in cod4/6.

You've played CoD:MW2? No? Then you wouldn't know.

Not like it matters. It's simple. If the CoD5 engine is barely different to the CoD4 engine then.. it's pretty much the same. Just in CoD4, more things were balanced and SMGs didnt run it completely.

I dont need a siggy no moar.