Love it or Leave it

Me_Hate_Libs

I am so tired of this argument that people use.

Any time you criticize JaGEx, Runescape, or even an update, people tell you to shut up and just leave the game.

I mean, I understand how complaining gets old, but when I've been playing for 7 years and I complain about something, it annoys the hell out of me when people to tell me if I don't like the game to just leave.

I don't want to leave damnit. I'm complaining because I think the game it going to hell. I don't want to abandon it, I want to express what it is that is ruining an otherwise great game.

So, if the person says something stupid, ignore it. However,, if they're someone like me, debate the point, don't tell me to just leave.

Because that kind of argument is unoriginal and has no merit itself.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I agree, it's a pretty silly argument. You do seem to complain about nearly everything though.

Well they keep doing everything wrong! I mean the Curse of Arrav just ended like that, with no warning or lead up or anything.

Pain in the [wagon]. :shame:

The point of the rants forum is to complain. Some complaints are legitimate, some are silly. All will probably get shredded at some point. That's the difference between the rants forum and the debate club. Also, there's a forum for suggesting game changes. Any complaint I post in this forum will be done on the spur of the moment, out of anger, and in all honesty will probably be essentially pointless. I'll be prepared to back up my opinion, but I won't be offended when it gets flamed. Such is the nature of this forum.

That said, perhaps you should consider posting your more well thought through points in one of the other mentioned forums? It would lead to more constructive debate and discussion, and cut down some on the flaming.

The rants forum:

Love it or Leave it
Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown; ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid is forever.

Private chat on, give me a hyt!

It should not be necessary to say it, but today it is: anyone who wants to be understood has to make damn sure that he has made himself intelligible.

Who is John Galt?

News commentary without a political agenda.

To be perfectly honest, most recent updates have at least one, or multiple things to complain about.

Soul wars.

Freeloaders everywhere!

Stealing creation.

Buggy as all hell.

Mobilizing armies.

Cough, 350mill lost.

Fail attempt to rid the world of 25k tricking.

Self explanatory.

O.O

(Not speaking directly to the OP, just the people who complain in general)

People tell you that because it seems like a lot of people can't be happy with anything Jagex does. It doesn't matter if it helps or hinders the game, you still find every little thing wrong and complain about it. Jagex has been working with PvP for the past year, and I agree that the year of updates has basically been a year of updating PvP every week, which doesn't affect me. I can see where people are complaining that it is taking seven months for them to come out with a PvP system that works, and I can see where people are complaining because they aren't doing anything besides working on PvP. People simply tell you to leave because a lot of ranters complain about everything and then expect someone not to tell them to stop playing if it is so bad? You complained that the game is going to hell, and I know you probably have a decent character and that's why you don't want to quit but if you PKers and everyone else complaining would quit complaining about every tiny thing Jagex does wrong there wouldn't be so many people to tell you to quit. Jagex is busting their [wagon] to make a perfect PVP and have been busting their [wagon] to make this game accessible to everyone. And because making the game accessible to everyone severely hinders your progress in game (apparently) and makes you complain because "WAH! The noobies get it easier", you complain.

I'm sorry but people who continue to complain over every little thing Jagex does wrong need to learn to accept what is going on around them. Adapting to change is an integral part of life, and this is no different. Just because it isn't like it used to be doesn't mean we have to all complain because it's changing. What did you expect seven years ago, that the game would stay the way it was, that it would never have any rocky points in it's life where the game designer was having a hard time fixing problems. The game is changing so that is accessible to new players and old and it is trying to create a PvP system because PKers wouldn't quit whining over not having the wilderness.

And because Jagex is actually throwing Pkers a bone and giving them what they want, PKers have to complain again and again. "It's not like old wildy!" "OMG! This is noob PKing!"! Why is it that every little thing Jagex does to appease you people you can't appreciate. There could be no wild and the PKers could all be sulking some more because it's not there. Jagex is nice enough to do this for you and you can't be happy with it. Jagex continue to fail. They failed when they took away the wild, and they fail because they give you a wild? Take your pick, do you want it or not? It may not be the old wild, but it's still a place to PK.

That's why I personally think people say for complainers to quit playing, because Jagex is sucking up to PKers and it still is not enough. Because every update sucks, because Jagex are idiots, because the game is not like it used to be and is changing.

I'll even say it right here, if you think Jagex is dragging the game to hell, if you think PKing sucks and will never be happy with what you get, if you think every update they do is terrible and is ruining the game, leave. No ones stopping you. You complain because people tell you to leave because you complain that you hate the game.

There, that's why I think people should quit and why I say it.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

The point of the rants forum is to complain. Some complaints are legitimate, some are silly. All will probably get shredded at some point. That's the difference between the rants forum and the debate club. Also, there's a forum for suggesting game changes. Any complaint I post in this forum will be done on the spur of the moment, out of anger, and in all honesty will probably be essentially pointless. I'll be prepared to back up my opinion, but I won't be offended when it gets flamed. Such is the nature of this forum.

That said, perhaps you should consider posting your more well thought through points in one of the other mentioned forums? It would lead to more constructive debate and discussion, and cut down some on the flaming.

The rants forum:

Love it or Leave it

Ratchet. This person (he/she?) is now a forum god. Her two posts have probably equaled hundreds of mine in quality.

(inb4'youdon'thave100sofpostsnoob')

I refrain from using the "if you don't like it, then quit" routine except in certain cases, usually in regards to topics that have long since been discussed to death. Obviously not everyone is going to enjoy every update, because this is Runescape. It's a massive game that brings in a wide variety of players with wide varieties of interests. Every update each week cannot possibly hope to appeal to everyone (unless you count the smaller changes that make people happy), but Jagex likes to appeal to the majority.

The problem with Pvp'ers is that it's very difficult to tell the majority's opinion because, in most cases, the majority doesn't talk. What you're seeing is a small collection of about 1,000 people who are very vocal and shout loud while the rest sit idly by and twiddle their thumbs, hoping Jagex can read their mind and tell what to do in the next update.

In the case of people saying "This game went downhill years ago" or "this game sucks" or "screw Jagex", etc, I will pull out the "get out" card. It's obvious you're not enjoying your time here, and with your attitude and predisposition "Well this update'll suck anyway" towards Jagex and Runescape, you're not doing yourself or the rest of us any benefit by continuing to stick around and complain.

You're like this girl I work with who [bleep]es daily about how the food I serve is disgusting, it looks disgusting, smells disgusting, and probably tastes disgusting, and every time she asks me to show her something I get the same curled up nose-I HATE THAT LFJSDLJFLSDKJF. Yet every day she's working she'll stop by and grab something to eat and a smoothie. Eventually I gave her two choices; Either she could stop making those comments, or I would refuse to serve her as her asinine comments were losing me customers (People were taking her seriously and leaving the line when she'd say something). She still eats there, but she's stopped making those stupid comments. I work at a Target, btw.

Anyway, where was I? Oh right. Ratchet brought up the bit about adapting to change. As Runescape becomes more open to the public and accessible, previously difficult things will get easier. Yes, some skills are getting x-options, prices change, and other things go up and down. Many of you who can't accept changes in Runescape over time would never have been able to handle Tabula Rasa, where the war is dynamically waged, and not only were based captured and lost between the humans and the Bane, near the end of the game, the Bane managed to destroy several bases and partially overrun another. Imagine if Falador was bombed overnight, to give you an idea, and the NPC's were killed.

One thing I get sick of is people who say Jagex doesn't care. They do care, they just don't always go about it the right way. Sometimes they're like Lenny from Of Mice and Men, they just want to know when they'll be able to take care of the rabbits. And the problem with Jagex is that they keep trying to appease those who will never be satisfied, and thus you end up with these pvp updates. Saying they don't care is just an ignorant attempt to demonize the company.

I also reserve my "get out of Runescape free" card for people who have such a skewed view of the game, that they really shouldn't be discussing it with anyone, let alone on Tip.It. The kind of person who makes comments like "f2p should have a time limit. If they don't, I'll quit" or "Wow, I just got banned because I was autoing. gf Jagex, quitting."

I can't see myself telling OP to leave because, unlike many of the other ranters, you actually do your research, make intelligent points, and actually have hope that the game might turn around. It's the people who say that the game's gone downhill, Jagex can never restore it, and it will always suck and Jagex will always get things wrong that need to leave. The kind of people who, immediately when Mechscape was announced, replied "Yea, well, it'll probably suck because Jagex sucks and so do their ideas. Now I'll be forced to play this sucky game with its sucky suckness and it'll suck and won't be fun and suck."

I had a guy on the FunOrb forums make a thread calling Jagex out, making ridiculous claims like "The point of releasing games on FunOrb is quantity, not quality! If I wanted quality, I wouldn't be here!" and a load of other drivel. It disgusted me to see someone acting so pathetically immature.

In short; Chronic Whiners need to stop harshin our Runescape buzz.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Honestly, the "love it or leave it" line is best left for the chronic ranters. You've seen them - they'd complain if the company decided to buy a red lamp, or if they wanted more plants in the work area. These are the people that need to disappear - it seems that Jagex can't please them, no matter what any one side does, thinks, or brings up arguments to back up/refute anything.

Even if this is a Rants forum, there is a distinct difference between ranting (getting something off of your chest) and just acting like a damn brat. It is only the latter that deserves the boot.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I never said i had lost it, i said SOMEONE did.

You know, that exile guy, who the mod was being an [wagon] to?

Yes...how many more times must this incident be brought up before it's finally put to rest?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I try not to use this argument too much, but honestly I get really angry at some idiots who continuously rant about the anti-RWT updates and reminisce and compare the old RS to the new one. Those are some of the only circumstances when I tell people to just quit RS if they can't bear with the changes. Change is controversial, honestly.

This argument might be old, but why is it repeated hundreds of thousands of times? It has a lot of sense in it. If you can't adapt to the changes a game is going through, the best option is to quit. Games almost never rollback to their old state, as change is always pushing it forward. So honestly, I don't find this argument very stupid or anything, though I try to refrain from using it too much. But for those idiots who are still complaining about the anti-rwt updates almost 2 years ago...I really feel like telling them to get off RS if they can't bear with all the new stuff that has been added.

(Not speaking directly to the OP, just the people who complain in general)

People tell you that because it seems like a lot of people can't be happy with anything Jagex does. It doesn't matter if it helps or hinders the game, you still find every little thing wrong and complain about it. Jagex has been working with PvP for the past year, and I agree that the year of updates has basically been a year of updating PvP every week, which doesn't affect me. I can see where people are complaining that it is taking seven months for them to come out with a PvP system that works, and I can see where people are complaining because they aren't doing anything besides working on PvP. People simply tell you to leave because a lot of ranters complain about everything and then expect someone not to tell them to stop playing if it is so bad? You complained that the game is going to hell, and I know you probably have a decent character and that's why you don't want to quit but if you PKers and everyone else complaining would quit complaining about every tiny thing Jagex does wrong there wouldn't be so many people to tell you to quit. Jagex is busting their [wagon] to make a perfect PVP and have been busting their [wagon] to make this game accessible to everyone. And because making the game accessible to everyone severely hinders your progress in game (apparently) and makes you complain because "WAH! The noobies get it easier", you complain.

I'm sorry but people who continue to complain over every little thing Jagex does wrong need to learn to accept what is going on around them. Adapting to change is an integral part of life, and this is no different. Just because it isn't like it used to be doesn't mean we have to all complain because it's changing. What did you expect seven years ago, that the game would stay the way it was, that it would never have any rocky points in it's life where the game designer was having a hard time fixing problems. The game is changing so that is accessible to new players and old and it is trying to create a PvP system because PKers wouldn't quit whining over not having the wilderness.

And because Jagex is actually throwing Pkers a bone and giving them what they want, PKers have to complain again and again. "It's not like old wildy!" "OMG! This is noob PKing!"! Why is it that every little thing Jagex does to appease you people you can't appreciate. There could be no wild and the PKers could all be sulking some more because it's not there. Jagex is nice enough to do this for you and you can't be happy with it. Jagex continue to fail. They failed when they took away the wild, and they fail because they give you a wild? Take your pick, do you want it or not? It may not be the old wild, but it's still a place to PK.

That's why I personally think people say for complainers to quit playing, because Jagex is sucking up to PKers and it still is not enough. Because every update sucks, because Jagex are idiots, because the game is not like it used to be and is changing.

I'll even say it right here, if you think Jagex is dragging the game to hell, if you think PKing sucks and will never be happy with what you get, if you think every update they do is terrible and is ruining the game, leave. No ones stopping you. You complain because people tell you to leave because you complain that you hate the game.

There, that's why I think people should quit and why I say it.

:shock: that was a mouthful :P

I agree with what you said, especially the point on those pkers who complain about EVERYTHING Jagex throws at them to get them to just shutup about the old Wildy. The Wildy style of pking is dead, live with it. It's not coming back. And if it did, they'd still complain about how they can't pk 100% because of RTW -.-

disturbeda.png

The reason I say either adapt or leave: simply because, if you don't adapt, you're gonna get left in the dust.

Ever heard of how evolution works? It's like this: (WARNING! Long, technical sceintific explanation ahead...)

One or two members of a species somehow get a genetic change, whether it be due to radiation exposure, failing to correctly copy DNA when cells replicate, etc. This genetic change allows them to be more likely to survive in case of attack (i.e. being able to run faster.) So while all the other members of the species are slowly dying off as the new species with the genetic mutation emerges, eventually the old species is extinct or only alive because some guy wanted to see it in a zoo. (Long technical scientific explanation over.)

Likewise, if someone is continually complaining about something that happened five years ago, or something that won't change no matter how much they complain, then eventually they're going to have so many people who got over it and moved on pestering them to go away and leave them in peace that eventually they're either going to leave or they're going to stay because Jagex wanted to still see them around (like the PKers.)

So, in conclusion, one complaint or rant doesn't truly hurt, and I apologize if my past actions denoted otherwise. But if the same person keeps going on about the same thing, telling them the truth - that all they're doing is being a pain in the neck, and that if they dislike it that much, they'd be better off leaving - will usually get the situation over with faster. Because would you rather have a warning telling you that people are gonna hate you soon, or no warning and a flame war?

a70c7.png

This rant wasn't about bashing Jagex or Runescape. Just the pople on this forumm. I don't complain about every update. I mean, who doesn't like Runescape cards at a 7-Eleven right?

And I didn't complain about the PVP update because it didn't affect me really. I complained about the people complaining about the update.

I'm very in touch with my inner curmudgeon and updates, or lack there of as it relates to stuff to do on the game, have been very flawed.

I don't expect a WGS every quest, but I expect a quest taking longer than a half hour to complete.

Anyway, point of my topic. It's a flat and baseless argument to make. It is also not an issue of people adapting to the game. Any criticism, whether good or bad, is met with people telling them they have no right to complain because they can't make a better game.

I can't build a car, but if I pay for one, I expect it to get me where I need to go.

Some people will just complain about everything. The only solution for those people is to leave the game. Also, some people continue to rant about something that is not going to change. Once again, the only solution is to leave the game. Sure, Jagex' decisions can be argued, but sometimes you just need to remember that they're in control, and the only way to actually have an effect is to quit giving them your money.

I can't build a car, but if I pay for one, I expect it to get me where I need to go.

Continuing the analogy, if that car doesn't get you where you need to go, then wouldn't you want to sell that car and get a new one that does what you want?

a70c7.png