F2P Boss Monster - Elvarg | 30+ supporters! | NEW! Support siggy's!

nerdboyxxx

Maybe when she dies some strange mage can recharge your prayer, if you need it since you can fight her without prayer if you are a high level.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

perhaps an altar at the beginning of the dungeon?

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

Maybe when she dies some strange mage can recharge your prayer, if you need it since you can fight her without prayer if you are a high level.

I like this idea. Instead of the altar, maybe a message could appear saying something like "you feel a magical surge rush through you. Your prayer points have been restored". This could be because of the necromatic powers surrounding the lair?

perhaps an altar at the beginning of the dungeon?

If I do have an altar it will probably in the room with elvarg somewhere near the back, so players don't need to keep going back and forth ;)

disturbeda.png

A problem is that you can keep recharging pray every what like 30 seconds (if their was the altar). And with the magical recharge seems strange also. Best is to have it outside karamja caves. Maybe also make Elvarg only attack one person with melee like GWD bandos <3:

That also gives me another idea have an altar inside but only use it once every 5 minutes or so.

Just another Pwnage Runescape player

Melee player

A problem is that you can keep recharging pray every what like 30 seconds (if their was the altar). And with the magical recharge seems strange also. Best is to have it outside karamja caves. Maybe also make Elvarg only attack one person with melee like GWD bandos <3:

That also gives me another idea have an altar inside but only use it once every 5 minutes or so.

The magical recharge would be because of the necromancer, matches the story but on second thought it is kinda wierd :?

I reckon their would also be a limit on how frequently you can use the altar. Enough for 2-6 kills at least, but higher levels will last longer.

disturbeda.png

The magical recharge would be because of the necromancer, matches the story but on second thought it is kinda wierd :?

I reckon their would also be a limit on how frequently you can use the altar. Enough for 2-6 kills at least, but higher levels will last longer.

I like the idea of having the alter outside the caves but then it wouldn't do much good since players are put right into another battle. Maybe for the quest part the alter is old and can only restore prayer one time but it become complete ruins. then after the quest Rasgad magic not only keeps the Dragon from dieing but places an altar "for worshipping his name" outside the caves (like near the valcano base) that only certain prayer and magic lvl players can use.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I like the idea of having the alter outside the caves but then it wouldn't do much good since players are put right into another battle. Maybe for the quest part the alter is old and can only restore prayer one time but it become complete ruins. then after the quest Rasgad magic not only keeps the Dragon from dieing but places an altar "for worshipping his name" outside the caves (like near the valcano base) that only certain prayer and magic lvl players can use.

Maybe you have to pay 10-20% of your hp to restore your prayer, or use bones on it like someone would in a POH with the bonuses included, or maybe a combination of the two. The alter could be called a sacrificial alter?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Maybe you have to pay 10-20% of your hp to restore your prayer, or use bones on it like someone would in a POH with the bonuses included, or maybe a combination of the two. The alter could be called a sacrificial alter?

I don't like the HP idea although it can work. I mostly like the bones on altar idea. 20 normal bones, 10 big bones, 5 baby dragon bones or 2 dragon bones to recharge prayer inside and can only be used once every 5 minutes?

And I feel we need to figure out the attacks also. I like the range idea (seems cool) and magic but the melee needs a bit of work. How about have the melee attack the first person inside or closest to Elvarg and range and magic attack everyone (apart from normal fire breath). A bit like GWD Bandos and KBD. Maybe lower max hits becuase F2P can die quite easy. Maybe have the helm lower the hits by 3?

Just another Pwnage Runescape player

Melee player

I thought I should whet your appetite with some WIP concept art. Your thoughts are appreciated.

[hide=Melee Set]33fb1ib.jpg[/hide][hide=Ranged Set]6fr08z.jpg[/hide][hide=Awesomeness]2ah9pjo.jpg[/hide]

Thanks very much for all the input guys. I'm reading over and collaborating ideas atm, once I have decided on something that balances it out I'll update the first post :) if you have any more ideas please post them!

And Hawkxs, <3: the artwork :P

disturbeda.png

Members should be able to have [bleep]es added to the melee armor when it is created, and possibly [bleep]es on the ranged armor as well. I'm not sure if nerdboy has seen the mage armored robe recently, but it's just that, a more protective robe. (for stat inspiration) It has a slightly lowered mage atk bonus from (lowest p2p robe) and a slightly higher melee defense, good for mages who risk being meleed from behind. Ranged defense is also slightly higher, as is mage. There's a robe top and bottom, and a hat.

I'm also working on an all-around headdress that can be worn by meleers, rangers, and mages.

If you have one elvarg head but it is made into a draconic helm or coif, can you get another one?

Members should be able to have [bleep]es added to the melee armor when it is created, and possibly [bleep]es on the ranged armor as well. I'm not sure if nerdboy has seen the mage armored robe recently, but it's just that, a more protective robe. (for stat inspiration) It has a slightly lowered mage atk bonus from (lowest p2p robe) and a slightly higher melee defense, good for mages who risk being meleed from behind. Ranged defense is also slightly higher, as is mage. There's a robe top and bottom, and a hat.

I'm also working on an all-around headdress that can be worn by meleers, rangers, and mages.

If you have one elvarg head but it is made into a draconic helm or coif, can you get another one?

The head is used to create the draconic helm only for now, I might change that though to accomodate the concept art you're doing :)

I've decided to make it a rare drop, I'll change drop ratio's soon. It's like any other head, but makig it a 100% drop basically defeats the purpose of it been a rare drop. So I'll change it now :)

I'm also working on some mage armour stats, liking the ideas you gave me Hawk. I'll probably do something like that for the stats :)

disturbeda.png

Hawk, may I ask what you use tp draw those up? Or do you hand-draw and then scan? :)

Sounds like a well thought out idea, although it should probably be made P2P.

Uhh, no. Elvarg is F2P so she should be a boss for F2P.

I think this is a nice idea. I also think that you should be able to recharge the gear by talking to Oziach or whatever his name is. It should cost a certain amount - say by killing Elvarg you can get "charms" or something, and recharging equipment costs "charms"? This is just a rough idea, take it as you wish. ;)

The Mage set should be made as a slightly worse version of Mystic, or equivilant.

Also, a good idea would be to, if these are tradeable or not, they should be like Elf Crystal Bows.

You can sell them at ANY time, and the 'charges' depend on the amount a player has used.

Say John killed Cockroaches for 20 mins. He sells his armour.

The next time he BUYS the armour from the G.E if he does, he will have still technically used 20 minutes with it.

I understand if it wont be tradeable though =o

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Sounds like a well thought out idea, although it should probably be made P2P.

Uhh, no. Elvarg is F2P so she should be a boss for F2P.

First of all i'd like to apologize for how trollish my last post must have sounded.

That aside, I think the biggest issue with having a f2p boss of this calibur is the lack of access to portable prayer restoration in f2p. That may cause a snag for people looking to take on the a new f2p boss with anything short of a small army.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

Thats true. Maybe there should be like, an Altar just outside of the Crandor dungeon? You would have to run through lessers, so it could deem challenging.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

At the moment I'm thinking I'll place an altar inside Elvarg's lair, where you fight her, but with a little catch; the more players inside the lair at one time, the longer the limit each player has on using the altar. For example:

1 Player in Lair: Altar can be used every 1 minute(s) per player

2 Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 2 minutes per player

3 Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 3 minutes per player

4 Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 4 minutes per player

5+ Players in Lair: Altar can be used every 5 minutes per player

This puts a reasonable limit on the numer of players fighting Elvarg and should ensure that you can solo, as well as group efficiently.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions please put them forward :) thanks for the support guys.

Also, since this thread is becoming a bit popular, should I create an RSOF thread for this idea? Might add a poll or something :P

disturbeda.png

At the moment I'm thinking I'll place an altar inside Elvarg's lair, where you fight her, but with a little catch; the more players inside the lair at one time, the longer the limit each player has on using the altar. For example:

This puts a reasonable limit on the numer of players fighting Elvarg and should ensure that you can solo, as well as group efficiently.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions please put them forward :) thanks for the support guys.

Also, since this thread is becoming a bit popular, should I create an RSOF thread for this idea? Might add a poll or something :P

The only problem with that timer system on the alter is say that you're soloing and, as so often happens, some noob comes along to crash/leech/whatever. Now he's just doubled your prayer restore time without actually aiding you in any way.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

The only problem with that timer system on the alter is say that you're soloing and, as so often happens, some noob comes along to crash/leech/whatever. Now he's just doubled your prayer restore time without actually aiding you in any way.

Hmmm, maybe they have to be a member of your clan chat for the timer to take effect? This could cause some abuse of the system though, that's the major problem with it. I don't really see any effective way of this helping. Maybe the person has to inflict a certain amount of damage for the time to double, or be within a certain range of Elvarg so they are attackable. This might cause a few headaches though.

If anyone has any suggestions, please put them forward.

disturbeda.png